Shadowmancer's Wrestler of the Week

Week 49 is going to be a nobody for everyone unless they watch New Zealand Wrestling.

This Weeks Wrestler of the Week is: Vinny Dunn

profile.jpg
[/IMG]​

Finishing and signature moves:

- The Only One
- Running Powerslam
- Triple Powerbomb
- Straight from the Coast (Running Cross Tackle)

Managers:

- Gary O. Davis

Championships and accomplishments:

Impact Pro Wrestling

- Armageddon Cup Winner, (1 Time) 29/04/06
- IPW South Pacific Championship (1 Time, Current)

Matches:

Vinny Dunn Vs. Kid Liger

Vinny Dunn Vs. Davey Deluxeo pt.1
Vinny Dunn Vs. Davey Deluxeo pt.2
Vinny Dunn Vs. Davey Deluxeo pt.3
Vinny Dunn Vs. Davey Deluxeo pt.4
Vinny Dunn Vs. Davey Deluxeo pt.5
Vinny Dunn Vs. Davey Deluxeo pt.6
Vinny Dunn Vs. Davey Delujxeo pt.7
Vinny Dunn Vs. Davey Deluxeo pt.8
Vinny Dunn Vs. Davey Deluxeo pt.9
Vinny Dunn Vs. Davey Deluxeo pt.10
Vinny Dunn Vs. Davey Deluxeo pt.11

My Thoughts:

I think the guy has the tools to go far. I would have placed more matches on if there were anymore matches. Also if I could work out a way to take the matches that I have taped and Put them on YouTube I would have added my own matches that I have recorded of this guy. The Little Kids in Both of the matches are bloody annoying especially the one saying do the Haka. Anyway about Vinny Dunn he oozes charisma as a heel, two years ago when he was commentating the NZPWI Invitational he got Heat for his role, he didn't get involved he just used his character to get heat well for the size of the places he is working. The 2007 NZPWI Invitational is where he put up some good matches. I would have put up the current Champ for IPW as WotW but there isn't enough matches to put up really. I also work where the current Champ does his Grocery Shopping.

For Predictions for Week 50 place them in the thread in the Spam section.

Okay, I just finished the Kid Liger v. Vinny Dunn II match. I have to admit, I didn't care for it. I'll openly admit I wasn't up for thinking I would, so that could have something to do with it. But let me give a quick rundown on why exactly I didn't like it.

1. The setting looked like it was in an Airport, or a mini-mall. And the camera was assuming from someone with a mere video recorder, not the best work.

2. I thought Vinny Dunn botched a few moves, such as missing running the ropes and almost whiplashing his own neck, then running directly into a knee to the chest/face, which I don't think was meant to happen. This happened within the first 2 minutes of the match. Later on during the match, he connected with a nice looking dropkick, but that was about it. Then he botched again, I'm forgetting what on.. but I know he did during/around the 5 minute mark, I think.

3. Kid Liger (looks like the Green Lantern?) seemed like more of a W.W.E./T.N.A./R.O.H. type superstar than Vinny, at least he had the look and did more stylish moves. Vinny's biggest move was either the cross body outside the ring, or the top rope dropkick. He also finished the match with what looked like a piss-poor "Pounce," when to be honest, I would've rather seen Liger hit the flipping "whatever."

Overall, I don't know what you see in him. Hes very green to me. He doesn't have any type of "look" as he was simply wearing shorts without any designs. He connected with the very basic of wrestling holds, and the crowd barely seemed into it. (albeit, it could have a lot to do with the location) If his finisher is that Pounce, then he needs to find something new. (Pounce = Running Cross Tackle?)

The one great thing about him, is he hit a very nice Bulldog-isque Powerslam. Outside of that, I'm sorry Shadow, but I don't even know why this guy had the honor of gracing your list.

EDIT: I'm not watching the other, much longer match. I'm sorry, I didn't like the 7 plus minutes of this one. And the other one has like 7 links to it, which means it could be over 20 minutes long. NO WAY..

That match is nowhere near as good as I have seen him be. I really need to work out how to load matches onto Youtube. Because he had a far better match in the NZPWI 2007 Invitational with Dallas Mead. That was at the Armageddon Pop Culture expo. Not the best place to have Wrestling. But it is exposure. Combining in the fact that at that point in time he was Green as hell.

That match is nowhere near as good as I have seen him be. I really need to work out how to load matches onto Youtube. Because he had a far better match in the NZPWI 2007 Invitational with Dallas Mead. That was at the Armageddon Pop Culture expo. Not the best place to have Wrestling. But it is exposure. Combining in the fact that at that point in time he was Green as hell.

That would explain it very much than. At around the 4:30 mark is when he screws up the other move. I'm not 100% sure if he screws it up, but he goes for a clothesline and falls, I don't think he was meant to fall.

Also, that canvas looked incredibly hard, unlike most mats in Pro Wrestling that while aren't exactly "soft" definately don't look hard.

Do you feel this guy is going to make it as a pro in one of the main Wrestling companies here in the states? Because I don't know, he'd definately have to change a lot, and sometimes change is harder done than said.

He could make it. But there are about 4 or 5 that could make it in the States from what I have seen. As for the Ring Mat that is vynal (Sp?) The Ropes for some reason aren't as tight as they should be. This is a IPW problem over a Wrestler Problem. But in the past year this guy has improved by leaps and bounds.

Here is the 50th Week of Wrestler of the Week.

This Weeks Wrestler of the Week is: Bruiser Brody.

200px-Bruiser_Brody.jpg

Finishing and signature moves

- Running knee drop / Diving knee drop
- High knee
- Running leg drop / Diving leg drop
- One-armed body slam
- Piledriver
- Atomic drop
- Suplex powerslam
- Running big boot
- Backbreaker rack

Signature illegal weapon

- Chain

Championships and accomplishments

All Japan Pro Wrestling

- NWA International Heavyweight Championship (3 times)
- PWF Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Stan Hansen
- World's Strongest Tag Team League winner in 1981 - with Jimmy Snuka
- World's Strongest Tag Team League winner in 1983 - with Stan Hansen

Central States Wrestling

- NWA Central States Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
- NWA Central States Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Ernie Ladd

Championship Wrestling from Florida

- NWA Florida Heavyweight Championship (2 times)

NWA Big Time Wrestling | World Class Championship Wrestling

- NWA American Heavyweight Championship (4 times)
- NWA American Tag Team Championship (3 times) - with Kerry Von Erich
- NWA Texas Brass Knuckles Championship (6 times)
- NWA Texas Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
- NWA Texas Tag Team Championship (3 times) - with Mike York (1), Gino Hernandez (1), and Kerry Von Erich (1)
- WCCW Television Championship (1 time)

NWA Tri-State

- NWA Tri-State Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Stan Hansen

NWA Western States Sports

- NWA Western States Heavyweight Championship (1 time)

Southwest Championship Wrestling

- SWCW Southwest Brass Knuckles Championship (1 time)
- SWCW World Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Dick Slater

World Wrestling Association

- WWA World Heavyweight Championship (1 time)

Pro Wrestling Illustrated

- PWI Editor's Award in 1988
- PWI ranked him # 14 of the 500 best singles wrestlers of the "PWI Years" in 2003.

Wrestling Observer Newsletter

- Best Brawler award in 1980
- Best Brawler award in 1981
- Best Brawler award in 1982
- Best Brawler award in 1983
- Best Brawler award in 1984
- Best Brawler award in 1987
- Best Brawler award in 1988
- Best Brawler award renamed the Bruiser Brody Memorial Award in his memory in 1996
- Wrestling Observer Newsletter Hall of Fame (Class of 1996)

[youtube]PSnyc3AmsHI[/youtube]​

Promos and Interviews:

Gordon Solie Interviews Bruiser Brody

Brody Training for Inoki

Bruiser Brody Interview

Blackjack Mulligan interrupted by Bruiser Brody

Bruiser Brody Interviewed by Joe Blanchard

Bruiser Brody Promo

Bruiser Brody AWA Promo

Bruiser Brody Promo for Carlos Colon match

Matches:

Bruiser Brody Vs. Harley Race

Bruiser Brody Vs. Terry Latham

King Kong Brody Vs. Leon White

Bruiser Brody Vs. El Exotico

Bruiser Brody Vs. Tony Atlas & Jim Brunzell

King Kong Brody Vs. Nicolai Volkoff

Bruiser Brody & Kerry Von Erich Vs. The Fabulous Freebirds

Bruiser Brody Vs. Bruno Sammartino

Bruiser Brody Vs. Abdullah the Butcher pt.1
Bruiser Brody Vs. Abdullah the Butcher pt.2

Bruiser Brody Vs. Dirty Dick Slater

Bruiser Brody Vs. Abdullah the Butcher

Bruiser Brody Vs. Terry Funk

Bruiser Brody Vs. Antonio Inoki pt.1
Bruiser Brody Vs. Antonio Inoki pt.2

Bruiser Brody Vs. Abdullah the Butcher

Bruiser Brody Vs. Carlos Colon

Bruiser Brody Vs. Invader 1

Bruiser Brody Vs. Terry Funk pt.1
Bruiser Brody Vs. Terry Funk pt.2

Bruiser Brody Vs. Hercules Ayala

Bruiser Brody Vs. Jumbo Tsuruta

Bruiser Brody Vs. Kareem Mohammad

Bruiser Brody & Killer Kowalski & Big John Studd Vs. Andre The Giant & Chief Jay Strongbow & Chief Billy Whitewolf

Bruiser Brody Vs. Jeep Swenson

Bruiser Brody Vs. Terry Funk pt.1
Bruiser Brody Vs. Terry Funk pt.2

Bruiser Brody Vs. Lex Luger

Bruiser Brody & Stan Hansen Vs. Abdullah the Butcher & Carlos Colon

Bruiser Brody & Abdullah the Butcher Vs. Baron Von Raschke & Crusher

Bruiser Brody & Nord the Barbarian Vs. Greg Gagne & Jimmy Snuka

Bruiser Brody Vs. Tony Rumble

Bruiser Brody & Stan Hansen Vs. Jumbo Tsuruta & Genichiro Tenryu pt.1
Bruiser Brody & Stan Hansen Vs. Jumbo Tsuruta & Genichiro Tenryu pt.2
Bruiser Brody & Stan Hansen Vs. Jumbo Tsuruta & Genichiro Tenryu pt.3

Bruiser Brody Vs. Dick Murdoch

Bruiser Brody Vs. Killer Tim Brooks

Bruiser Brody & Stan Hansen Vs. Giant Baba & Dory Funk Jr. pt.1
Bruiser Brody &Stan Hansen Vs. Giant Baba & Dory Funk Jr. pt.2

Bruiser Brody & Stan Hansen Vs. Mil Mascaras & Dos Caras pt.1
Bruiser Brody & Stan Hansen Vs. Mil Mascaras & Dos Caras pt.2

Bruiser Brody Vs. Jumbo Tsuruta

Bruiser Brody Vs. Genichiro Tenryu

Bruiser Brody & Jimmy Snuka Vs. Giant Baba & Jumbo Tsuruta

My Thoughts:

Possibly the biggest loss the Wrestling Industry suffered at the point of his death. The Man the Myth the Legend Bruiser Brody. This man is so damned good at what he did, he made Wrestling seem real. He scared the living Shit out of the Fans. He was bloody hilarious in his promos. He should be inducted into the WWE hall of fame as in his career he did everything a booker wanted and hated. There is not much you can say about Brody that hasn't already been said. But I apologize for some of the matches as they are very old and are fairly bad quality. but his work stands the test of time and you can see his influence in guys like Mick Foley. And if you want to see a good Brawler watch a Brody match.

Jake wins the prize for predicting this weeks one.

As for the linkage between the last two weeks one and this one. The Hair for Haku as well as the style to an Extent. And for Vinny Dunn it is the fact that Frank Goodish (Bruiser Brody) married a New Zealander.

Wow didn't see this one coming. Another great selection as Brody changed the way wrestling aroudn the world was done. He paved the way for ecw, as well as the attitude era. He was a true journeyman, wrestling all over the world but never really staying in one place for that long, which made him all the more special. His promos are so insane they'er great. His feud with the Butcher is still amazing to watch, as those two beat the living hell out of each other. However, after watching the Luger match, I lost a good deal of respect for him. Luger bailed out, and I can't say I blame him one bit. That's not right to do, no matter what's going on backstage. You can hear the people in the crowd not knowing what to do or say. Just not a good thing. Great wrestler overall, but not a great professional.

One of those matches is Brody vs. Bane from Batman & Robin.

FACT.

That will probably be the only one I watch. He was a good brawler. Excellent even. But that's it. And if all you've got is brawling then you get old quick. Certainly in my eyes anyway. He's probably one of the last wrestlers to get a genuine reaction out of fans. The majority of the time it's pantomime. But Brody inspired real fear into a lot of people. Probably because he was his gimmick. That's the reason he was killed after all.

Brody had some good matches, but mainly got by on his gimmick. I finally got through all of these but mainly it seems like Brody got over on his reputation as being insane. He definately had the size and look to be intimidating, which was a huge asset to him. It really is a shame how he died the way he did, as he might be able to be like Abdullah today, still wrestling occasionally and showing up to brawl once in awhile.

The First of Jakes Three Choices.

This Weeks Wrestler of the Week is: Paul Burchill

paulburchall.jpg

- Curb Stomp (Standing Indian deathlock surfboard followed into a head stomp) – RAW
- C–4 / Walking The Plank (Standing moonsault side slam) – SmackDown!
- Jumping neckbreaker slam – OVW
- Royal Mutilation (High angle Fujiwara armbar) – 2005
- Grounded pumphandle lift into a sidewalk slam – 2005
- Diving knee drop – 2005
- Shoulderbreaker, usually followed into the Royal Mutilation
- Standing shooting star press
- Moonsault, sometimes while standing
- No-handed suicide senton dive – Independent circuit
- Corkscrew senton – Independent circuit
- Rolling fireman's carry slam
- Backbreaker
- Overhead belly to belly suplex
- Back to back double underhook piledriver – Independent circuit
- Northern Lights suplex followed by an over the shoulder belly to back piledriver

Managers

- "Twisted Genius" Dean Ayass
- Shelly Martinez
- William Regal
- Kristal Marshall
- Holly and Molly
- Katie Lea Burchill

International Wrestling Promotions

- IWP Heavyweight Championship (1 time)

Ohio Valley Wrestling

- OVW Heavyweight Championship (4 times)
- OVW Southern Tag Team Championship (1 time, current) – Stu Sanders

[youtube]VC9Y5L6OCz8[/youtube]​

Promos:

Bloody Pirates

MNM, Kristal and Paul Burchill backstage

Paul Burchill Introducing himself

Paul Burchill Interview

Regal talks to Paul Burchill and Katie Lea Burchill

Matches:

Paul Burchill Vs. Super Crazy

Paul Burchill Vs. Simon Dean

Paul Burchill Vs. Nunzio

Paul Burchill Vs. Brian Kendrick

Paul Burchill & Kristal Vs. William Regal & Jillian Hall

Paul Burchill & William Regal Vs. Scotty 2 Hotty & Funaki

Paul Burchill Vs. John Xavier

Paul Burchill Vs. Nick Burke

Paul Burchill Vs. Doug Williams Vs. The Zebra Kid pt.1
Paul Burchill Vs. Doug Williams Vs. The Zebra Kid pt.2
Paul Burchill Vs. Doug Williams Vs. The Zebra Kid pt.3

Paul Burchill Vs. Mark Henry

Paul Burchill Vs. Nick Nemeth

Paul Burchill Vs. Deuce

Paul Burchill Vs. William Regal

Paul Burchill Vs. Hade Vansen

My Thoughts:

Paul Burchill could be the First British World Champion in the WWE. Simple as that. He has the ability to be the Top Heel in the WWE. He has the Agility and the Power to be a good Main eventer. It is good that the so called Incest Storyline is not so blatently obvious as to actually kill any credibility he has as a Wrestler. If they want to get the IC title off of Jeff Hardy before Wrestlemania which I can see happening. Burchill is the one that could do it. The Pirate Gimmick was funny as hell, I liked it. But it was a Mid Carder Gimmick. He is now in the Main Event look and Gimmick to go far.

Paul Burchill could be the First British World Champion in the WWE. Simple as that. He has the ability to be the Top Heel in the WWE.

While the idea of having a "first ever" British World Heavyweight Champion would be amazing. The fact is, this guy will never be anything of what the British Bulldog was. And if they didn't give the Championship to Davey Boy when they could've, I doubt Burchill will ever live up to becoming a World Heavyweight Champion in today's industry, unless its E.C.W. --- which in today's company, anyone can win.

He has the Agility and the Power to be a good Main eventer.

I agree that he has all the proper tools to become a great Main Event contender, however he has to grab the attention of the fans. And he just doesn't have that specific tool yet. Of course, he never will as long as they keep sticking him with stupid gimmicks.

If they allowed him to go out, and be the powerhouse - Mike Awesome -isque wrestler he could be, he might have a better chance.

It is good that the so called Incest Storyline is not so blatently obvious as to actually kill any credibility he has as a Wrestler.

I think in the end, this storyline will bury him about as much as the biker gimmick is burying Palumbo though. When you think of overall storylines, you have to think of where its suppose to take the Superstar.

Where is this angle exactly suppose to take Burchill? Wow, he'll be revealed as some guy who sleeps around with his "sister." Thats Championship material if I ever did see it. :rolleyes:

This angle will kill him as anything credible, if they don't get him away from it. And the fact is, people won't forget it. He'll be hurt by the memory of what it'll leave behind. Just like now, I still see him as a Pirate.. as pathetic pirate, who swung in on a rope.

If they want to get the IC title off of Jeff Hardy before Wrestlemania which I can see happening. Burchill is the one that could do it.

I'd definately see Burchill being the next great Intercontinental Champion. I think giving him that Championship, especially off of defeating Jeff Hardy with where hes at right now, would be huge for Burchill to climb up the "ladder" quickly.

It definately wouldn't hurt for Burchill to go into Wrestlemania as the Intercontinental Champion, defending the Championship either. However we both know it won't happen. Hardy will carry the Championship into the MITB match as a prop. While Burchill will sit in the back, wondering if he'll even be with the company come next year's Mania.

The Pirate Gimmick was funny as hell, I liked it. But it was a Mid Carder Gimmick. He is now in the Main Event look and Gimmick to go far.

Are you saying the incest angle is a Main Event angle/storyline thats made to take him far? How? Where? Unless by far, you mean far out the door.

Like I stated earlier. I think Burchill has almost everything (minus possibly the charisma and ability to get over with the fans) to be a Main Eventer, however this gimmick will kill his credibility with how they'll remember him. Just like the Pirate gimmick. Seriously, would you take a man dressed up as a Pirate as a World Champion contender? (In real life) NO!

His best gimmick was William Regal's partner, which they had him turn on his actual heritage to become a silly Jonny Depp rip-off. I honestly believe this gimmick will show him as a great heel, but it won't push him to become any type of Champion other than Intercontinental.

I said that it isn't so Blatently obvious as in they can keep the relationship between Paul and Katie Lea at the state it is now. just an over-protective older brother. That is something people can associate with. They do not need to go further. The ripper gimmick is what I am referring to as a Main Eventer type Gimmick, especially as a heel, it is just brutality and violence. If you get what I am saying about those major points. As I said anyway the Pirate was a midcard gimmick that would get him nowhere. The Ripper is where the Main Event status will come in.

The reason the Bulldog never got a world title run is because from about 1992 he was a state. He gassed out quickly and was stoned off his face. There's a reason all his good matches are either tag or with an excellent opponent. He would have been great if he wasn't such a loser and steroid freak.

Birchill rocks my socks. I doubt he'll ever be as impressive in WWE as he was in FWA. But I still see him getting far in WWE. He still has a lot to learn. And he doesn't look like a muscular baby like Smith did. The incest angle is stupid. But it'll get him exposure and TV time. In the end though I think it'll be one of those angles where they imply and then in the end prove you wrong. Similar to Billy & Chick being gay.

I agree about Burchill being a future potential title contender. i've seen his ripper gimmick in ovw and it would work really well on wwe. Based on what we saw on raw this past week, the incest angle may be toned down to just an implied story. In ovw they went all the way with it to the point where burchill was a secret admirer. It was horrible and the fans didn't know what to think. I like the idea of hardy losing to burchill. He's just such a brutal guy that it would fit to see Hardy go for a big move only to get caught by burchill in a big stiff move.

have to say i really like burchill. yes he's had some really awful gimmicks and to be honest the incest one is up there with burchill the pirate. but when he debuted on smackdown he had a feel to him of being brutal and calculating, everything you need to be a good heel. sort of like angle when he went through the ankle breaking period, only with a more real feel to him.

i really think he could go far and hopefully be proved right for once

Paul Burchill, he went from being Regal's bodyguard, to Captain Jack Sparrow, and now he is in an incest angle. I always liked Burchill ever since he debuted on SmackDown with Regal, the pirate gimmick wasn't that bad either, but the Ripper gimmick is what he should stick with. I think he got the potential to be an English Triple H if his heel status rises enough and he may be a World Champion some day, but right now I wouldn't count on it. The incest angle might be a good thing if he can draw mega heat from it, but if it doesn't get a big response from the crowd when it is revealed(the most likely scenario), then it is just going to be an awkward moment and ruin his credibility. I just hope the WWE uses him right and don't toss him to the side when they get sick of the incest angle.

The Second of Jakes choices.

This Weeks Wrestler of the Week is: Amazing/Awesome Kong

kong.jpg

- Kong Buster / Awesome Bomb (Sitout powerbomb)
- Implant Buster (Lifting double underhook facebuster) - TNA
- Amazing Press (Diving splash) - indies
- Accordion Rack (Bow and arrow rack)
- Chokeslam - TNA
- Running splash
- Spinning back fist
- Gorilla press slam

Managers

- Raisha Saeed

All Japan Women's Pro-Wrestling

- WWWA World Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
- WWWA World Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Aja Kong (Last)
- Japan Grand Prix (2003)

AWA Superstars of Wrestling

- AWA Superstars World Women's Championship (1 time)

GAEA Japan

- AAAW Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Aja Kong

HUSTLE

- Hustle Super Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Aja Kong

Ladies Legend Pro Wrestling

- LLPW Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Aja Kong (First)

NWA Midwest

- NWA World Women's Championship (1 time, current)

NEO Ladies Pro Wrestling

- NEO Tag Team Championship (2 times) - with Matsuo Haruka (1) and Kyoko Kimura (1)

Total Nonstop Action Wrestling

- TNA Women's Championship (1 time, current)

Matches:

Amazing Kong Vs. Nattie Neidhart

Amazing Kong Vs. Stalker Ichikawa

Amazing Kong Vs. Azuni Hyuga pt.1
Amazing Kong Vs. Azuni Hyuga pt.2
Amazing Kong Vs. Azuni Hyuga pt.3

Amazing Kong Vs. Ayumi Kurihara

Amazing Kong & Steve Corino Vs. Saki Maemura & Spanky

Amzing Kong & Kyoko Kimura Vs. Kyoko Inoue & Ayako Sato

Amazing Kong Vs. Rika Shimizu, Shooto

Amazing Kong & Steve Corino Vs. Ayumi Kurihara & Kohei Sato

Amazing Kong Vs. Penni Lane

Amazing Kong Vs. Candice LeRae

Awesome Kong Vs. Gail Kim pt.1
Awesome Kong Vs. Gail Kim pt.2

Awesome Kong Vs. Talia Madison

My Thoughts:

Well If Im being completely Honest I haven't watched much of her work. Steve Corino thinks highly of her so does Alex Shelley so she must be good. There are no Promos today as I am to lazy to do it right now. Also I can see why she is being booked as dominant as she is. Just look at the picture at the top of the page. She looks like a beast. GG could enlighten us to her personality backstage if he wanted.

I fully Encourage those to go and post the links to more matches for Amazing/Awesome Kong.

Unlike Chyna I think fans would accept her as a dominat female. She looks like she could kick half the guy's asses, and she's bigger than most of them anyway. Obviously there is only really one way we'll find out if she can hang with the guys. And considering she's in TNA, I fully expect her to be in an angle with one of them. Unfortunatley it'll probably be with Eric Young. Which wouldn't benefit either of them.

Shadowmancer, did you get that other match and that interview that I sent you?

Kong is easily one of the best wrestlers, male or female, in TNA right now. She She's incredibly strong and very athletic for someone of her size. Kong plays the monster heel role to perfection (better than some of the men put in the same role) and even though she outweighs most of the other girls by 100 lbs or more, she's proven time and time again that she can put on good matches with nearly any one of the other girls in TNA.

Amazing Kong - the reason I changed my stubborn mind that all women's wrestling was shit. Nice choice, Jake. She's more powerful than most men and she entertains the hell out of. I never knew there was such a thing as a SHWoman! Had some great matches, me and my friend turned to each other at the same time and said "women can wrestle?"

I'll have to be looking into the non-TNA matches - loved when she manhandled LAX last week on Impact.

Kong is a good asset to tna. Without her the top heel woman is......peyton banks? I also haven't seen much of her non-tna work, but the little I've watched is interesting. She is the kind of woman that chyna was supposed to be. I'd love to see her have a run at some of the men, even beating a few of them. She could probably awesome bomb a lot of them. She's good for women's wrestling, much better than the majority i've seen, whiuch granted isn't that much.

This Weeks Wrestler of the Week is: Jun Akiyama

02.jpg

- Sternness Dust α (Wrist-clutch Death Valley driver)
- Sternness Dust γ (Wrist-clutch fisherman buster)
- Exploder '98 (Wrist–clutch exploder suplex) – Innovated
- Super Exploder '98 (Top rope wrist–clutch exploder superplex) – Innovated
- Running high knee strike
- Blue Thunder Driver (Spin–out sitout powerbomb) – Innovated
- King Crab Lock (Guillotine choke with opponent's legs trapped)
- Piledriver
- Snap DDT, sometimes followed into the King Crab Lock
- Arm trap Northern Lights suplex
- German suplex

All Japan Pro Wrestling

- AJPW All Asia Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Takao Omori
- AJPW Unified World Tag Team Championship (3 times) – Kenta Kobashi (2) and Mitsuharu Misawa (1)

Pro Wrestling NOAH

- GHC Heavyweight Championship (2 times)
- GHC Openweight Hardcore Championship (1 time)
- GHC Tag Team Championship (2 times) – with Akitoshi Saito (1) and Takeshi Rikio (1)

Pro Wrestling Illustrated

- PWI ranked him # 90 of the 500 best singles wrestlers during the "PWI Years" in 2003

Wrestling Observer Newsletter

- Rookie of the Year (1993)
- Match of the Year -with Mitsuharu Misawa vs Steve Williams and Johnny Ace (1996)
- Tag Team of the Year - with Mitsuharu Misawa (1996)
- Tag Team of the Year - with Mitsuharu Misawa (1997)
- Tag Team of the Year - with Kenta Kobashi (1999)
- Match of the Year - vs Kenta Kobashi (2004)

[youtube]Hk-MWpLc_tk[/youtube]​

Matches:

Jun Akiyama Vs. Kenta Kobashi

Jun Akiyama Vs. Minoru Suzuki

Jun Akiyama Vs. Yuji Nagata pt.1
Jun Akiyama Vs. Yuji Nagata pt.2
Jun Akiyama Vs.Yuji Nagata pt.3
Jun Akiyama Vs. Yuji Nagata pt.4

Jun Akiyama & Yuji Nagata Vs. Keiji Mutoh & Hiroshi Hase pt.1
Jun Akiyama & Yuji Nagata Vs. Keiji Mutoh & Hiroshi Hase pt.2
Jun Akiyama & Yuji Nagata Vs. Keiji Mutoh & Hiroshi Hase pt.3
Jun Akiyama & Yuji Nagata Vs. Keiji Mutoh & Hiroshi Hase pt.4

Jun Akiyama Vs. Muhammed Yone

Jun Akiyama Vs. Stalker Ichikawa Z

Jun Akiyama Vs. Go Shiasaki pt.1
Jun Akiyama Vs. Go Shiasaki pt.2

Jun Akiyama Vs. Takeshi Morishima pt.1
Jun Akiyama Vs. Takeshi Morishima pt.2

Jun Akiyama & Vader Vs. Kenta Kobashi & Akira Taue pt.1
Jun Akiyama & Vader Vs. Kenta Kobashi & Akira Taue pt.2
Jun Akiyama & Vader Vs. Kenta Kobashi & Akira Taue pt.3

Jun Akiyama Vs. Yoshinari Ogawa

My Thoughts: This Guy is damned good.Simple as that. I will post up some more of his matches later on, As this is more than enough in terms of time spent for each match. If you have to see at least two watch the Muhammed Yone match and the Stalker Ichikawa Z. One because it is a Nice short match to get a basic feel for the Wrestler. Neither of these matches will take much of your time.

I doubt this weeks WOTW will garner much intrest. Nobody gives a shit about Japanese wrestling on this forum. Yet a lot of people like wrestlers with a heavy Japanese element to them.

Anyway Akiyama is awesome. Like most Japanese wrestlers he's past his prime, yet still better than most. The guy is that damn good. Out of the matches provided I only expect people to give the Vader ones a try. But I'd personally recommend the match with Yone. It's a good solid bout. But if you're not a fan of the Japanese style you can be mesmerised by Yone's Carlito 'fro.

I've heard some good things about him but not as much as a lot of the bigger named Japanese stars. The Kobashi and Nagata matches were pretty good. I'm not the biggest fan of Japanese wrestling though. It sort of makes me realize how important commentary is to a match. The wrestling is great but it's kind of hard to tell if there's a story to the match etc. Still worth checking out though.

This Weeks Wrestler of the Week is: CW Anderson

CW_ANDERSON.JPG

- Spinning spinebuster
- Anderson Left (Left-handed knockout punch)
- Anderson Tradition (Scissored armbar)
- Exploder suplex
- Fireman's carry spun into a seated shoulder armbreaker
- Second rope delayed vertical suplex
- Superkick
- Swinging single arm DDT

* With Steve Corino

- Double superkick

Managers

- Lou E. Dangerously
- James J. Dillon
- Elektra

Carolina Championship Wrestling Association

- CCWA Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
- CCWA Tag Team Championship (3 times) - with Pat Anderson

Jacksonville Wrestling Alliance

- JWA Heavyweight Championship (1 time)

Live Action Wrestling

- LAW Heavyweight Championship (1 time)

Major League Wrestling

- MLW Global Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Simon Diamond

Midwest Wrestling United

- MWU Heavyweight Championship (1 time)

NWA National Championship Wrestling

- NWA World Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Pat Anderson

NWA 2000

- NWA 2000 American Heritage Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
- NWA 2000 Tag Team Championship (2 times) - with Pat Anderson (1) and Cueball Carmichael (1)

Palmetto Pride Championship Wrestling

- PPCW Heavyweight Championship (1 time)

Premier Wrestling Federation

- PWF Universal Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
- PWF United States Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
- PWF Universal Tag Team Championship (2 times) - with Steve Corino
- PWF Television Championship (1 time)

Pro Wrestling WORLD-1

- WORLD-1 Great Lakes Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Bull Wheeler
- WORLD-1 Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Steve Corino

Pro Wrestling ZERO1-MAX

- NWA Intercontinental Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Steve Corino
- NWA United National Heavyweight Championship (1 time)1

Southern Championship Wrestling

- SCW Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
- SCW North Carolina Championship (2 times)
- SCW Tag Team Championship (4 times) - with Pat Anderson (2), Cueball Carmichael (1), and Dewey Cheatum (1)

Other Titles

- NIWA Television Championship (1 time)
- SWA Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Pat Anderson
- X3 Heavyweight Championship (1 time)

Promos:

CW Anderson Shoot Interview

LAW Interview

Matches:

CW Anderson Vs. Rob Van Dam

CW Anderson & Steve Corino Vs. Masato Tanaka & TAJIRI pt.1
CW Anderson & Steve Corino Vs. Masato Tanaka & TAJIRI pt.2

CW Anderson Vs. Samoa Joe

CW Anderson Vs. Sonjay Dutt

CW Anderson & Steve Corino Vs. Leonardo Spanky & Low Ki pt.1
CW Anderson & Steve Corino Vs. Leonardo Spanky & Low Ki pt.2

CW Anderson Vs. Brandon Day

New Dangerous Alliance Vs. Danny Doring & Roadkill pt.1
New Dangerous Alliance Vs. Danny Doring & Roadkill pt.2

CW Anderson Vs. Tommy Dreamer

My Thoughts:

The Second member of the Extreme Horsemen to go with. CW Anderson has one of the best Spinebusters ever. Missed out on one of the biggest pushes of his life when ECW folded. It is a shame that the WWE didn't use this guy effectively when they had him. It is also a shame that he has retired now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back