Second Round: East Rutherford - Rick Rude vs. Scott Steiner

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Rick Rude

• Scott Steiner

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a second round matchup in the East Rutherford Subregion. The ring and arena are universal throughout the first round and the organization is not a factor. There is a 20 minute time limit. Vote using any criteria you like. Most votes in the poll at the end of the time period wins. In the case of a tie we will go off of the number of written votes. In the case of a second tie, both are eliminated. Assume one week has passed since the first match.

large_arenaL.jpg

Rick Rude

ravishing2.jpg

Vs.

Scott Steiner

steiner2.gif

Voting is open for 4 days.

Scott Steiner, while he's quite a talent, able to pull off some surprising moves for a man of his size and build, and has held numerous titles, I simply have to say I find Rick Rude superior.

I think Rick Rude is by far one of the most underrated guys of the 80's and 90's in my eyes (there may be others, but in this tournament, you have to search long to find one that's underrated like Rick Rude in my opinion) Rick was amazing on the microphone, amazing in the ring, an all-round great talent, and I think it's only fair to let him get this vote, because I simply think Rick is the superior of those two.

Rick Rude it is.

Scott Steiner has always been a big, strong and muscular guy. Back before he turned himself into a walking comic book reject, Steiner was actually a pretty decent wrestler inside of the ring. Not only did he have strength, he was also pretty fast and agile. The Frankensteiner was a move that soooooo many American wrestling fans had never seen and it looked great. He wasn't fantastic or anything, but he was 10 times the wrestler then as he has been the past 10 or 12 years.

Rick Rude is someone that I think is underrated and was overall better in the ring than he often gets credit for. While he may not have been built like a bruiser, Rude was a legitimate powerhouse and, if I'm not mistaken, was a celebrated arm wrestling champ before he got into wrestling. Rude was also pretty fast and agile inside the ring and some of the matches he had with Sting and Ricky Steamboat were classics.

As to who I think would win, I think it'd be a pretty close and competitive match. Scott Steiner is someone that's really always relied on brute strength more than anything else with suplexes and various throws making up a major part of his arsenal. When Steiner was in his prime, he was a highly accomplished tag team wrestler but never did much as a singles wrestler. I feel that gives Rude something of an advantage as he had some success as a tag wrestler prior to going into the singles ranks. As far as overall athleticism goes, I'd have to give Rude the nod as he simply was never as thick and bulky as Steiner. It'd be close, but I can see Rude rolling up Steiner with a cradle, grabbing a handful of tights and scoring the win.

Steiner vs. Rude was a bit tougher to vote on and decide a victor than I thought it would be. Steiner,if I remember correctly had quite the amateur background, and was pretty expert in his delivery of suplexes, and other high impact moves inside that ring. Rick Rude, in my opinion, was one of the great heels the wrestling business ever saw. He was excellent on the mic, he had a great look, and he was a virtual bump machine inside that ring, making his opponent look good,often better thatn they actually were. He was one of the very few who were able to drag a decent match out of the Ultimate Warrior, and one of the few to get a win over him. In this match w/Steiner, it probably turns out to be a good one, with both guys hitting each other with some high impact stuff, Steiner holds the advantage earlier on with Rude taking some of his customary sick bumps and selling his ass off for the stiff working Steiner. As the match wears on, I see Rude taking over and catching Steiner off guard with some sneaky, underhanded trick to capture a victory, albiet a tainted one. I think that while Steiner was a fine in ring performer at his best, Rude was better overall as a heel, on the mic and had far superior workrate to Steiner.

Vote Rude.

Rick Rude gets this. Rude is a man who was vastly underrated as an in-ring competitor and loved playing mind games with wrestlers, and Scott Steiner's prone to having mind games played on him and being taken out of his game. Plus, Steiner has a bad neck and back and has had that throughout his career. The Rude Awakening would exacerbate that and would put Steiner down for the win.

Also, despite Steiner's offense, Rude has been beaten and beaten and manages to come out on top. Not to mention beating Sting, Warrior, and numerous other great competitors during their heyday. Rude should win this hard fought battle.

Arguments for Scott Steiner tend to confuse the early 90s guy with the ridiculous characature that won world titles. He was never both super athletic and successful. Rude may not have been the real world champion, but he was certainly the closest thing to it, and found a way to beat the most challenging of competitors. Steiner never really thrived when there was a decent roster - he won his first and only world championship after Vince Russo had already won the title, which should give some indication to his company's standing at the time. Rude on the other hand was able to make a name for himself when heels were forgotten, and as a result, I think he should go over.

Steiner goes over here. While I never really liked him, his reign as WCW Champ was quite impressive, holding the belt longer than any other champ since Goldberg. He was dominant in his victories, and as a heel, I really disliked him. That's difficult to say anymore.

Rude was known for his physique, as well, but he doesn't quite have the hardware that Steiner does to back it up. Sadly, Rude will most likely go down in history as being remembered for his days as an enforcer in DX and the nWo.

Steiner wins.

I'm about to show you somethign that should ensure your vote for Scotty boy here. You may be shocked by its awesomeness at first, but don't worry. It only takes a few minutes to adjust. After that, you're in for a true time of bliss.

[youtube]fvrwMPZzklY[/youtube]

Really though, why shouldn't Steiner be winning here? It certainly shouldn't be this much of a blowout. Perhaps most people on here, lacking any knowledge when it comes to judging wrestling talent, assume that he was shit in TNA, when he was, in fact, one of the best parts of TNA. Just because he was in a shitty tag team with Booker and had a shit feud with Lashley, who is shit, doesn't mean he's shit. It means TNA's shit.

I'm sure somone has already brought up the standard "he used to be a pretty good, athletic wrestler before he roided up point", but maybe if you read it whilst watching the incredible video, it will have more of an effect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back