Sam's Thread of Chattin' w/ Jake & Other Robust Subjects

January

☆☆☆☆☆ Dunkirk and Coco
☆☆☆☆ Ingrid Goes West, Blade of the Immortal, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing and The Greatest Showman
☆☆☆ Downsizing, Pitch Perfect 3, Molly's Game, Hostiles, Wind River, The Commuter, The Prince of Nothingwood, Early Man and Maze Runner: The Death Cure
☆☆ 12 Strong, The Lost Honor of Katharina Blum, The Post, Happy End, Darkest Hour and All The Money In The World
☆ Insidious: The Last Key

200 this year is achievable, right?

Coco made me so emotional you'd have thought it had a Johnny Gargano kick-out in it. I don't think I've been more pleasantly surprised by a film in a long time.

I watched one hour of Baywatch on the plane and my usual paranoia about the plane exploding suddenly seemed like the most desirable thing in the world. How anyone can so poorly copy 21 Jump Street is beyond me.

Seth Rollins wasn't on RAW.

Can't wait for Big E and Rusev to be in a segment built around pancakes tonight.

Crowd, for four hours: "Rusev Day! Rusev Day! Rusev Day!"
WWE: "Wow! Can we have Aiden English sing before AND after Rusev loses to some jabroni?"

1. Coco ★★★★★
  2. Paddington 2 ★★★★
  3. The Cloverfield Paradox ★

The Cloverfield Paradox is just-- just terrible.

I'm only going to watch children's films from now on.

If I can't be bothered to watch Good Time and Mommy on Netflix the likes of The Cloverfield Paradox will be waiting quite some time.

Went to a Japanese film festival. Never again.

☆☆☆ Oh Lucy!, Initiation Love and Where I Belong
☆☆ The Mole Song: Undercover Agent Reiji, Room For Let, Sing My Life and Confessions of a Murderer
☆ The Dark Maidens and MUMON: The Land of Stealth

Longest weekend of my life.

1. Coco ★★★★★
  2. Phantom Thread ★★★★
  3. Paddington 2 ★★★★
  4. The Cloverfield Paradox ★

Two hours? PTA's getting soft. I just looked like a weirdo for bringing a duvet. The Master was at least three days long.

See, whenever I see a trailer for Phantom Thread I think to myself, "Wow, that looks pretty solid." But then when the weekend rolls around and I'm looking at what movies are out, I have a hard time working up enthusiasm for a movie about an obsessive dress maker.

Is it senior friendly? If so I'll hold out until it comes on senior screen. You get a free tea and everything.

See, whenever I see a trailer for Phantom Thread I think to myself, "Wow, that looks pretty solid." But then when the weekend rolls around and I'm looking at what movies are out, I have a hard time working up enthusiasm for a movie about an obsessive dress maker.

To answer both your (implicit) questions, yes, it is very senior-friendly.

1. Coco ★★★★★
  2. Phantom Thread ★★★★
  3. Paddington 2 ★★★★
  4. Black Panther ★★★
  5. The Cloverfield Paradox ★

The trappings are a lot cooler and it's got some bold themes, but I'm sad to report that Black Panther is another Marvel template film.

In the year after Taika Waititi and James Gunn made some really Taika Waititi and James Gunn movies, was Ryan Coogler handed an Iron Man script with the names crossed out and replaced or did he mean to make this? This is so rote, I almost think it's a political statement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back