• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

RVD to TNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bret Hart

Occasional Pre-Show
To further update the situation between RVD and his contract with WWE, look for him to be taken off television around June, as his contract with the company expires in August.

The reason why WWE is doing this is because they don’t want him to pull a “Christian Cage” and show up on TNA programming right after being on WWE television if in fact he does go to TNA.

he wants to work a lighter schedule so tna will be god for him
he loves to wrestle jerry lynn so tna is good for him
he hates what hey have done with ecw
and he turned down wwe latest contract offer

RVD is TNA

TNA is gonna get way overcrowded if they don't get a 2 hour time slot or at least two shows a week. TNA used to be innovative now it's just a place for guys WWE dosen't want

If RVD does go to TNA, it will be good for both. TNA needs more mainevent names with talent and RVD needs a lighter schedule. So this works well, but I agree with ricflair1983. TNA needs a 2 hour timeslot or they will not be able to fit all these people into 1 show. Right now I suggest firing somebody to make room for RVD and put RVD in a mainevent fued asap.

I am a fan of TNA and I too worry that the addition of RVD will further overcrowd a one hour show. With that being said, TNA would be foolish not to make room for him. Alot of TNA fans become concerned with signing former WWE talent. RVD is not someone who the WWE made a star, like Kurt Angle or Christian Cage. He was a star before working for McMahon, and has been rebellious against him from day one. I don't feel that RVD would be viewed as a true WWE guy. I can't wait to see RVD in a TNA ring where he will be able to utilize his entire moveset and will have sufficient talent to compete against. The end of summer can't come soon enough!

yea, they are getting pretty crowded... GOD i hope they get more time... because with the ammount of guys they have right now on a one hour show... its just WAY too much... Another thing that worries me is the fact that the X-Division seems to be taking a seat in the back of the bus lately...

Why is this? and if RVD shows up, who do you think would get fired to make room? prolly not one of the main eventers, Prolly an X-Division guy. which would upset me because there really isnt ONE bad wrestler in the x-division, they are all entertaining and very athletic.

But with RVD pretty much, going to TNA, how much would I like to see an AJ Styles Vs RVD fued. that would be pretty freakin awesome

I'm a big TNA fan, and i was ok with Angle coming to TNA, Angle vs. Joe is still a great rivalry, but wasn't overly thrilled when Cage came, to me he's not championship material, now on to RVD. I think it will be Great for TNA to sign him, i mean he can either compete in the X-Division or with the other stars to win the TNA Title. RVD vs. Styles, now I'd Pay to see that.

Hopefully this means that TNA could pull the biggest suprise of the year and do what they did with Angle and at a PPV announce the signing of TNA and announce they have gone two hours.

If they dont TNA will shove to much crap down our throats in one hour each week. The thing is like what RVDgurl said it was ECW that made him not WWE. Though if they get rid of anyone i say Team 3D their such a waste in TNA.

Anyways RVD will thrive there and he will be renewed and put on some great matches.

RVD could have a great match with just about anybody in TNA, so I would welcome him in, and if they need to make room then just get rid of Sting, but there are loads of matches I would love to see RVD in, could you imagine how great an Ultimate X match would be with RVD involved, throw in guys like AJ, Daniels, and Lynn and you would automatically have a match of the year canidate, you could put him in feuds with AJ, Joe, Rhino, Daniels, Angle, Cage, and the entire X Division, I really hope that RVD goes to TNA, maybe he could bring Sabu back to TNA and they could form a Tag Team and feud with LAX, how sick would that be

TNA may look like the real rebirth of ECW. I mean Vince McMahon were trying to bring ECW back and make the Extreme Brand reborn as a WWE brand. But the more and more McMahon's verison of ECW changes into his own vision, TNA become more and more like the orginal ECW. I mean look at the roster;

Rhyno
D Von Dudley
Spike Dudley
Bubba Ray Dudley
Raven
Jerry Lynn
Shane Douglas
James Mitchell
Rob Van Dam Big chance of signing
Sandman Rumored to leave after RVD. Proubarly go to TNA as well
Sabu Read Sandman

While WWE's version of ECW only will have

Tommy Dreamer
Balls Mahoney
Little Guido

Man WWE really, really, REALLY should just change the name of ECW to something else. Because ECW has become nothing and i mean NOTHING like the old ECW.

While TNA could have a whole lot of huge money making huge former ECW Hardcore wars.

Just wondering though.... Would Rob Van Dam be able to keep the name or does he have to switch up too? I know he could find something close but I dont think it would have the same power as his ring name now.

Just wondering though.... Would Rob Van Dam be able to keep the name or does he have to switch up too? I know he could find something close but I dont think it would have the same power as his ring name now.

He will dropped the Rod Van Dam name because it is a WWE Trademark but he was using that name since he started wrestling in Japan and in the OLD ECW.

RVD is under the copyright trademark of WWE like Christian when he jump to TNA he use Christian Cage instead of his WWE name.

I got a bad feeling about this :icon_sad:

RVD better not job in TNA

I got a bad feeling about this :icon_sad:

RVD better not job in TNA

I think RVD will jobbed to the likes of Kurt Angle, Sting, Jarett, Rhyno and even AJ Styles. TNA also have a bad backstage reputations due to the politics their.

I think RVD will jobbed to the likes of Kurt Angle, Sting, Jarett, Rhyno and even AJ Styles. TNA also have a bad backstage reputations due to the politics their.

yeah i hope RVD gets the world title within the first month or so. oh and yes RVD will be able to keep the name "RVD" in TNA

RVD is under the copyright trademark of WWE like Christian when he jump to TNA he use Christian Cage instead of his WWE name.

I not 100% positive on this but I think that RVD owns the trademark on his name, so he can use it whereever he wants, just like Chris Jericho, and Raven

From what I'm hearing, That was the final offer they made RVD and he turned it down. Notice they haven't come up with a new one for him since. And yeah, Jerry Lynn vs RVD, I would kill to see that again. Those matches were epic. And Jerry's still got the moves. Plus. think of the possibilities. RVD against guys like Senshi, Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Sonjay Dutt, Chris Sabin, Christopher Daniels and others. There is no limit to how far it can go in TNA should RVD sign with them. This would enable all of us to see the RVD we yearned to see again since his glory days before the WWE started having all their guys hold back. And I can't stand seeing RVD hold back. I'm begging to the heavens above to please let RVD sign with TNA

TNA may look like the real rebirth of ECW. I mean Vince McMahon were trying to bring ECW back and make the Extreme Brand reborn as a WWE brand. But the more and more McMahon's verison of ECW changes into his own vision, TNA become more and more like the orginal ECW. I mean look at the roster;

Rhyno
D Von Dudley
Spike Dudley
Bubba Ray Dudley
Raven
Jerry Lynn
Shane Douglas
James Mitchell
Rob Van Dam Big chance of signing
Sandman Rumored to leave after RVD. Proubarly go to TNA as well
Sabu Read Sandman

While WWE's version of ECW only will have

Tommy Dreamer
Balls Mahoney
Little Guido

Man WWE really, really, REALLY should just change the name of ECW to something else. Because ECW has become nothing and i mean NOTHING like the old ECW.

While TNA could have a whole lot of huge money making huge former ECW Hardcore wars.

Your Forgetting Simon Diamond in TNA.
As for RVD, I would rather see him go to Ring of Honor, it would really help RoH, but it would also let him work in Japan, which is what I read that RVD wants to do. But then again the WWE deal could still go through, Until RVD leaves WWE you don't know what is going to happen.

I Would look forward to RVD in TNA, I too am curious about the Name thing, they may have to get round it by changing it a little, like Team 3d (although that is a bit crap) or like they did with Christian Cage.

I know WWE doesnt have copyright on his old in ring name Robbie V, and they dont have copyright on the phrase The Whole F'n Show. I hope they havent got RVD or Rob van Dam copyrighted, Because his real name Rob Szatkowski doesnt really roll off the tongue does it...

It shouldn't be too hard to change it a little bit should it? I mean, cmon...Robb Vann Damm

boom...no copyright!!

Rvd should get away from WWE and go to TNA.That would give a little nudge to people like benoit,orton,and ECW originals saying"Hey i don't have to deal with this stuff WWE does to me!"and sooner or later TNA will rule the world!

of wrestling.

my only problem with rvd going to tna is what role he will play because i don't think they would push him to main event status but he is deff too big for the x division he would just beat way to much @$$ i mean other then vince winning the ecw title ecw has been looking better lately so id deff have mixed emotions if he left

If he went to TNA they would push him strongly. He's a bigger star than Christian was in WWE. And he's probably TNA's main player right now. And the X-Division isn't a cruiserweight title so he could compete for that title.

I'm sure I read somewhere that RVD has the rights to his own name, I could be way off base but I haven't seen it reported that he will need to change his name. However should he have to it wont make any difference, people will know who he is and people will tune in to watch him.

I think RVD and TNA is a good fit, but I dont see it being a sure thing for him from what I can tell RVD needs some sort of break, and with TNA starting slowly but surely to tour the once inviting easy TNA schedule may well become more WWE like and less attractive to people like RVD.

TNA is far from touring like that. Only once in a while there touring. Like once every 3 months are so. I do know they have a tour set up for the United Kingdom though which is cool for them. TNA does 3 house shows a month with 2 impact tapings which means overall TNA only does 5 shows a month, maybe less on certain occasions. 5 show's a month is way better than 20 plus show's a month. So people like RVD who want big bucks will still want to go to TNA. Plus I can see RVD getting a break before going to TNA. Rumor's has it that WWE offered him one last contract deal and he said no so the chances of him going to TNA or another indy promotion is 75% and there is a 25% chance he will go back to WWE.

TNA is far from touring like that. Only once in a while there touring. Like once every 3 months are so. I do know they have a tour set up for the United Kingdom though which is cool for them. TNA does 3 house shows a month with 2 impact tapings which means overall TNA only does 5 shows a month, maybe less on certain occasions. 5 show's a month is way better than 20 plus show's a month. So people like RVD who want big bucks will still want to go to TNA. Plus I can see RVD getting a break before going to TNA. Rumor's has it that WWE offered him one last contract deal and he said no so the chances of him going to TNA or another indy promotion is 75% and there is a 25% chance he will go back to WWE.

But you have to believe that TNA is heading in the direction of Touring maybe not quite as badly as the WWE, but surely getting there. While they are not at that point right now, its reasonable to assume they will probably be getting there in the future and I think its something that RVD will be considering. The bigger the brand TNA gets the worse off people who want to do less shows are which means the less people like RVD, Christian and Kurt Angle will want to work there. Its sad, but its true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back