Rumored: CM Punk vs. Triple H at Survivor Series

From the Wrestlezone front page:

It has been a popular discussion of speculation in the wrestling world and it seems as if WWE does plan for CM Punk and Triple H to eventually have a match.
After speaking with several insiders, one said it has been "a rumor floating around" and another said "it seems to be what they (creative) are really wanting build to."
The sources are speaking of the possible plan of having CM Punk and Triple H face off in a match at Survivor Series this November at Madison Square Garden.
Two interesting aspects to the feud that have come up is that an episode of RAW leading up to the match at Survivor Series, Triple H would beat up and bloody CM Punk. Before going forward and airing this, WWE would likely get the approval from USA network. This would be something that is uncharacteristic to the WWE's more PG content which includes avoiding having blood on screen.
The other aspect to the feud is some type of stipulation in the match. While some suggest it would be that if Triple H loses than he must step down from his Chief Operating Officer position he is holding on screen, others are saying that Triple H keeping his on screen power would be a stipulation but only will be put in to place if there is an equally important stipulation on the line if CM Punk was to lose.
I was told the final decision of going forward to Survivor Series may not be made official until SummerSlam or shortly after. One source reminded me that "Punk is holding a different hand of cards these days."
This is referring to what CM Punk did make some reference to on the ESPN podcast and several have speculated that he has some say in the creative direction of his character and storylines. So any plan such as him going to Survivor Series to fight Triple H and have stipulations involved in the match could potentially be altered by CM Punk himself where in the past that wouldn't have been the case.
We will continue to follow this story as we learn more.
There was plenty of tension between the two of these guys in the ring tonight during the opening promo for Raw. Ever since Punk made some less-than-flattering remarks about Hunter and his wife in his now infamous worked-shoot about a month ago, some have speculated that a match between the two was a definite possibility. I would love to see it myself, since these two are both great workers and haven't had much on-screen interaction before. What do you think?

How likely do you think the match is to happen?

Would you like to see it?

Who should go over, and how?

Im thinking there is a decent chance of this happening. The biggest reason right now is the simple fact that Punks anti-authority role at this point is great and the way they are booking his character it will be easy to for creative to go that way.

Personally I would love to see the match. H still has it in the ring and can still tell a hell of a story between bells in the ring. Combine that with the abilities and in ring psycology of Punk and you have a potential match of the year.

For the sake of the business Punk should go over cleanly, and this should be the closing chapter on the HHH side of the story. The only thing that can change my mind right now is how they build it and if there is anything at stake(Job vs job)

With that being said I havent heard anything about the contact and whats in it so whos to say Punk hasnt signed an extention to Survivor Series and is gone afterwards.(If anyone has heard about the contract fill me in)

It would be a great match, but I hope they don't do it. The last thing the show needs is yet another "heel boss". I'd rather have HHH stay out of the ring and be a neutral boss.

I don't think HHH needs to be a heel. It's more of an ideology thing. The smarks will cheer Punk and boo HHH, everyone else will cheer HHH and boo Punk.

I'd kinda rather this match be at Mania though. I'm not usually a guy who thinks beating someone gets you over, because that's stupid if the feud isn't memorable, but I think HHH is a guy who can make a feud where he loses at Mania mean something. If Punk were to beat HHH at Mania (and HHH isn't dumb enough to not job to Punk) then it'd really permanently put him "up there".

I honestly think that CM Punk has the potential right now to become either THE future face of the company going forward, or number 2 (finally replacing batista). With that being said, it would only make sense for HHH to show his, confidence in Punk. What better way to do that than putting him over? I think to do this properly HHH has to turn heel. Maybe do what the rumor states and bloody up Punk ric flair style. It would really heavily side the fans with Punk, which i feel would be the right move. i think this has the potential to be HHH's last great feud. there could even be a mcmahon vs austin feel to it. in fact, i believe that it would be as entertaining, but imagine what it would be like if mcmahon could actually fight/hold his own with austin and actually posed a real threat to stone colds well being. i think that's a dynamic they can pull off here, that they couldn't before. i think HHH goes over punk at survivor series (using dasterdly underhanded tactics), costs him the royal rumble, and Punk goes over HHH at mania. personally, that's how i'd book it.

I hope this match does go down, rumors of Wrestlemania have been circulating, but i would be equally happy to see this match build from survivor series.

Would be good to see Punk get over, but a cumulative rivalry between punk and HHH between now and Mania, with Punk going over at Mania finally would be huge and give Punk the push he deserves

I hope these rumors of a match at Survivor Series are true because I plan on attending it this yr as my first WWE Event.I would also like to state that Punk and HHH had a little interaction a few yrs ago during a Classic Survivor Series match where punk was on Team DX...just saying.

i really don't want to see this since its more than likely going to mean that cena will be in possesion of the title :/ if you think about it cena really has nothing to go for if the title or punk are not involved. Unless of course the rock is more involved in survivor series (not just an appearance)

BUT if they can manage to keep the title on punk and have this match i think it will work out ALOT better in the long run as opposed to having "super-Cena" have another title run. Hopefully the title won't change hands to triple H either, Something like punk has to relinquish the title or "leave" the WWE if he loses.
As to who goes over, i would rather see Punk go over in a heel type of fashion to continue the feud.

in regards to keeping the title off cena, possibly a mixed tag match between cena and the rock, with each being the captain of each team?

Hmm. Okay so Punk makes a remark about H being a "doofus" and H bloodies him for it? Seems an extreme reaction and HARDLY a move in an anti-bullying campaign, huh? "Don't bully but its fine to make someone bleed if they annoy you."

I just don't see HHH beating on Punk THAT badly. A part of me thinks this is really just a horrible rumour that won't come to fruition. Not for Survivor Series anyway.

Hmm. Okay so Punk makes a remark about H being a "doofus" and H bloodies him for it? Seems an extreme reaction and HARDLY a move in an anti-bullying campaign, huh? "Don't bully but its fine to make someone bleed if they annoy you."

I just don't see HHH beating on Punk THAT badly. A part of me thinks this is really just a horrible rumour that won't come to fruition. Not for Survivor Series anyway.

Maybe watch raw, or the comic con video before you post. Maybe the fact that punk has been trashing his family and his wife would be good reason? If someone told me I used to say "yeah I just don't see anything special about that guy." While sleeping with my wife, I may or may not want to make said person bleed. You serious?

This match seems very likely and with every time Punk makes fun of Trips it seems more likely to happen. I would really like to see it due to it having the potential to be a feud of the year cabdidate. Trips as an authority figure trying to tell Punk what to do while Punk continues on the roll he has been on this summer. Punk would absolutely have to win in the end though because he is on his way to becoming top tier and losing to Trips would cause problems there.

Would be epic. I plan on attending the Survivor Series at the revamped MSG this year and WWE always does a good job in MSG. I think being in MSG, the return of the Rock for Survivor Series and a possible Punk/HHH match, WWE may be trying to really turn the Survivor Series back into a huge event.

I would rather see this done at Wrestlemania. With Punk feuding with Cena, I can see this feud extend until Survivor Series. Besides if they want to get Triple H over in this new role of his putting him in a match as early as 3 months isn't the way to go. It would make it seem that Triple H is still an active roster rather than someone who left the sport to focus on other responsibilities.

I can see a slow burn leading to WM where in Punk provokes Triple H so much that he decides to return to active competition at WM. It would make the rivlary and match more epic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back