• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Royal Rumble 2010

therocksaysyo

Dark Match Winner
We're getting closer and closer to Wrestlemania....but before that we have to get to the Royal Rumble. The Royal Rumble will take place on January 31, 2010 in Atlanta, Georgia......NOT THAT FAR AWAY. I want to know what matches should take place that night. REMEMBER, these matches usually set up the Wrestlemania matches.

What matches should or will take place at the Royal Rumble?

I would like to see the following at the Rumble.

*Chris Jericho vs the Smackdown champ (who will be either Punk or Taker)
--I want Jericho to win and defend the belt at Wrestlemania. If Jericho vs Edge takes place at 'Mania, I see 'Taker vs Vince at 'Mania. Vince could cost 'Taker the title at the Royal Rumble.

*Ted Dibiase will PROBABLY win the RUMBLE. I have no preference as to who wins the Rumble match, but I see Orton vs Dibiase at 'Mania.

*ALTHOUGH, this could pose a problem for Cena and HHH NOT being in the title picture. BET YOUR ENTIRE SAVINGS that at least Cena or HHH will be in a title match...THAT'S a CERTAIN!!!

I dont think Ted DiBiase is still in the main event status and i dont think winning the Royal Rumble will put him their either they need to slowly build him up as a main event star rather than having the WWE through him down our throats my pick for the Rumble would be Chris Jericho or maybe a returning Edge

We'll obviously see the Rumble match, headlined by all the big stars, with either Cena or Batista winning, setting up their match at 'Mania.

I'd guess the SD main event would be something along the lines of Taker v. Punk, simply because there's no one else heavily involved in the main event scene. I don't see Jericho going from his current program as tag champ, to a feud with Big Show, to a title match Royal Rumble happening so quickly.

The RAW main event will most likely be Orton v. HHH or HBK, if I'm correct about Cena being in the Rumble. It's about time the damn feud between HHH and Orton ends, and no better time than at the Rumble, ensuring that we don't get them facing each other again at 'Mania. If it's not HHH, I don't see anyone else but HBK stepping into the main event so easily.

-Royal Rumble Match
*Ted Dibiase wins the rumble
*during the match hhh turns on hbk
*cm punk and christian both eliminate each other

-(whc) undertaker(c) vs batista vs rey (rey gets pinned.after the match batista gets fed up and batista bomb myterio) (jericho wns the belt at no way out in the ec

-Chris Jericho vs The Big Show

-(wwe) Randy Orton(c) vs Booker T.(if he doesnt come back then kofi,orton wins)

(WWE) Randy Orton(c) vs Ted Dibiase vs Cody Rhodes(i just see him being involved to)

(WHC) Chris Jericho(c) vs Edge

(Retirement) HHH vs HBK

(Streak/Special ref. vince) John Cena vs UnderTaker

(Grudge) Batista vs Rey Mysterio

(Grudge) Christian vs CM Punk

Reactions: TLC
i loved that someone said dibiase win the rumble!!! what i want to see would be orton doesnt have the title and hes not in the title match at the rumble and it comes down to ted and randy and ted takes him but randy wins belt before mania and the two go at it and randy winning mania cus ted itsnt ready yet and would make the man a face think of the build up and how would randy win the belt before mania a great swerve, vince wants an assassin to take out people and give him control of the company and who better than the viper he uses this partnership to get the belt before mania

just a thought sorry for the spellin guys and gals

How bout Morrison getting his shot at the title mabey a cm punk vs morrison? I really want to see jericho morrison for the title though considering i got tickets but i dont see jericho ending the big show feud and winning the title in such a short time either. I dont think morrison will win but just get him in the title scene and a title match on a ppv. I think this would also serve as getting him out there as a possibility for after wrestlemania mabey even winning mitb because i believe he will get the title run shortly after mania to freshen the title scene up. as for winning the rumble i want to see edge win it and have jericho be the champion for wrestlemania that would be an awesome match.

A lot from this thread will be decided with the Orton v Cena match this week. If Cena wins, perhaps we see legacy in a triple threat match at Rumble. If not, then it become who is Orton's next feud. Much like two years ago with hardy, my guess is theyll throw him a sacrificial lamb that is close, but not quite ready for main event status like MVP.

Somebody threw in the topic of a HHH vs HBK match at wrestlemania. we saw these matches earlier this decade. we dont need to see them again. theres gotta be someone else these guys can feud with. I really wouldnt be opposed to seeing legacy get stronger and continue that fight.

yes,but never at wrestlemania,and this will probably be hbk's last so it just seems right,mvp was near the main event not anymore kofi is though,and with booker t. possibly coming back theirs another opponent for orton,it will be the card i put up im 75% sure

I am a 42 year old and remember a great angle used a long time ago with the Four Horsemen. It was a battle royal (maybe??) but it ended with Luger and Flair in the ring and the Horsemen, along with JJ Dillon encouraging Luger to eject himself. He didn't. He became a fan favourite and an angle was born, as Luger ejected Flair. I could picture the end of the Rumble finishing with all three of Legacy, Rhodes ejects himself, or all 3 have arms raised and Orton dumps the other two for the 'swerve'.

Marketed properly, the last 5 people being Dx and Legacy, Dx gets ousted by Legacy. Then a swerve of some sort allows DiBiase the win. This would probably get him the rub needed for Mania. (Rhodes has stated he doesn't want to tag anymore, now we have 5 months to establish DiBiase as a singles wrestler for the masses).

It would be nice to see a thread started over who should 'Taker face at Mania. Takers presence is amazing but his matches have been lacklustre due to his body breaking down. Cena?? Booker (not bloody likely)?? Who can help keep this a great match?? Punk??

I don't see why everyone thinks DiBiase will be pushed to a world title win so fast. However, I do wholeheartedly agree that if all goes well, their current plan is most likely to have Ted DiBiase vs. Randy Orton at WrestleMania.....except not for any championships. This would fill in the spot of the card that was Hardy/Hardy last year - ie, the "feud match".

The Royal Rumble match itself, far too hard to guess until after Survivor Series is over with. Then we can start simulations. I'll make a generic guess though and say that the winner is either Batista/Cena (hope not), Jericho, John Morrison, HBK, or HHH (you can never count out that he'll book himself as the winner). I think those are your only options.

WWE Championship: I'm thinking it'll be Cena vs Swagger, which is sort of like Orton/Hardy from 08. The tradition for the championship matches is that its not the biggest draw on the card, so you don't waste it on a match that people will go apeshit to see, so instead, you book an upper midcarder (or sometimes, just a midcarder, like Hardcore Holly lol) as the challenger.

World Heavyweight Championship: I think this depends solely on who they want to challenge for which titles. I still kind of think that they want to do Cena beating a heel Batista...but they're on separate shows, and I don't think that either man will win the Royal Rumble. Then there's the possibility that they could do Jericho/Undertaker at WrestleMania, in which case Jericho would potentially win the RR and lose to Taker. But they could also have JeriShow still as tag team champions around WrestleMania where they drop it to someone else. I doubt Edge will be healed and ready to return to the ring in order to win the RR, and if they don't do that, then I can't see Edge/Jericho at WM 26 (unfortunately, as that would kick ass).

Really...the championship matches..you can't predict them yet.

Obviously there will also be a shitty divas match of some sort, but nobody cares about that.

ECW championship, it depends on where they're going after Yoshi loses to Christian. Will it be Christian/Shelton around Rumble time, or Shelton/Regal, or Christian/Regal, or Shelton/Ryder? Those are the only options right now. Then again, Booker T might return, or maybe they'll shove Danielson into the picture.....idk.

I see this years Rumble winner going to a Smackdown guy.Morrison or Edge are my bets.Hopefully Jericho will be champion by then and it will set up a great feud with either of the guys.Now lets not count out some RAW guys.I could see Ted winning as well.

I'm going to ignore No Way Out implications throughout all of this as I am not a fan personally of the Elimination Chamber being at that PPV each year. If WWE was still booking it the old way with No Way Out as simply a transitional PPV, but a darn good one, between RR and WM... then this is how I would do things...

I say Morrison definitely needs to challenge for the title here.

Why? Because Royal Rumble is always the showcase for different title matches not seen throughout the year. Granted, the challenger hardly ever wins but with The Royal Rumble Match the main focus, the loss doesn't hurt momentum. Infact, simply just being in that match adds a gallon of support ready for future challenges.

Morrison could use this, prefferably with Jericho already champion because of a bit of back story due to Morrison's first night on SD! where he slapped Y2J.

WWE could easily advertise Jericho's past coming back to haunt him recently and then Edge returns either after the RR title match or he wins the Royal Rumble match itself to set up an Edge/Jericho WM26 Match.

As for the RAW side of things. I think Dibiase should get his shot HERE but come up short. The same reasons as Morrison. Though he should be screwed out of the win by Cody Rhodes so his momentum definitely isn't lost for a future title challenge. Having Ted actually win the title would cause more damage than good. Remember Orton's face reign? Not only did that turn arguably almost damage Orton completely, but he was forced to do the job to HHH not long after winning the title.

With Dibiase instantly champion? Be it Royal Rumble OR Wrestlemania. Who's to say he would have enough support to be able to defend the title against the likes of RAW's top stars with their backstage standings?

Now personally, I don't want to see Undertaker / Vince at Wrestlemania purely because both men wouldn't put on a spectacle at this stage in their careers. Vince is a non-wrestler though HAS fought the more-than-occasional match as we all know and 'Taker whilst a wrestling legend is reportedly suffering with his hip at the moment and I'm unsure if he could carry VKM to a good match. But if it has to happen then Taker can be in the Rumble match being advertised as a favourite then Vince can screw him out of it. Links can be made back onto past episodes of SD! with the foreshadowing. This way Taker in the RR can be a definite smokescreen as a favourite whilst a shock win occurs (prefferably Edge or HBK).

I would love the following matches to be on the card:

World: Jericho (C) vs Morrison
JERICHO RETAINS.

WWE: Orton (C) vs Dibiase.
ORTON RETAINS, Cody screws Ted! (Setting up a LEGACY FALLOUT match between Cody and Ted at WM26 whilst Orton can move onto his next feud).

Royal Rumble Match:
HBK Win or Edge Win.

I'm probably going to go for a HBK win here. Edge simply attacking Jericho after the World Championship match would be enough to grant a WM match with backstory.

HBK winning would mean he would get ONE LAST CHANCE at the Championship. He is maybe set to retire soon according to reports so having the Show Stopper's show stop at Wrestlemania in an epic match with Orton would be a great way to go out. And it also allows a great backstage torch-passing segment on the WM show and also tag matches etc leading up to Mania where HBK and Ted gain respect for each other and find themselves allies.

That's just my two cents.

I think that it will be ether dibiase or heres a shocker booker t who will probly got to smackdown WM26 main event Batista vs. Booker T WHC title

I think this is a good choice
Jericho wins rumble
(wwe) Cena vs HHH match of th year candidate
(whc)Morrison vs Punk these to put on great matches
Jericho goes onto win title at wrestlemania whilst edge returns for the money in the bank and cashes in on him later in the night.

I dont think Ted DiBiase is still in the main event status and i dont think winning the Royal Rumble will put him their either they need to slowly build him up as a main event star rather than having the WWE through him down our throats my pick for the Rumble would be Chris Jericho or maybe a returning Edge

I completely agree but i think edge is gonna win its gonna be something like jerishow is gonna be in the ring and theirs one person left 2 enter its gonna be edge big shows gonna run over thier edge is gonna dunk big show goes over jericho is gonna try 2 capitallize then edge is gonna knock him over then j.r. wow what a long waited debut by edge then jericho gonna sneek the belt and face edge at the main event at wrestlemania as for ted hes gonna face randy at wrestlemania and cena gonna face punk

I really don't see Dibiase winning the Rumble yet. He hasn't held a mid-card title, hasn't had a program as a singles wrestler yet, and doesn't talk a lot to get his character and personality over. He seems rather generic to me. Thats just my opinion.

I like Jericho taking on the Smackdown! champ. He's great and he would have a solid match with who ever the champ is.

For RAW, depending if Cena loses at Bragging Rights, Orton, HHH, maybe Shawn, and Cena will be involved in the title picture. Most likely it won't be HBK but it would be nice.

I'm sure Batista will play a semi-major role, Mysterio might do something important, and some other mid-carders might be stronger by the rumble for spotlight time.

A lot from this thread will be decided with the Orton v Cena match this week.

Absolutely, and for my argument, I will assume that four separate events take place.

Firstly, Orton defeats Cena at Bragging Rights with or without the help of Dibiase. We'll say that Dibiase does what Orton says and helps him rid Raw of Cena.

Secondly, Big Show does not screw over Raw to help Jericho at Bragging Rights.

Thirdly, Undertaker keeps the belt despite attempts by Teddy Long to screw him out of it.

Lastly, Edge will be back in time for Mania. This may be too soon for him, but his recovery is apparantly going nicely, so we'll see.

For the next few months, Dibiase and Orton continue their dance toward a Teddy face turn. Orton, in the meantime, runs through a midcarder or two trying to make his mark on Raw. Maybe Booker returns and feuds with Orton, maybe he doesn't, it doesn't matter.

Big Show and Jericho pretty much implode at Survivor Series after they lose the tag titles to DX or just lose to DX in a Survivor Series match. From Survivor Series until TLC or maybe a little after, they feud.

DX goes a few more nights without HBK because he's got other things going on, like his children, his wife, whatever. HHH starts getting tired of this.:banghead:

On Smackdown, Undertaker is fighting for everything he's worth against CM Punk, Batista and whoever else Teddy Long and Vince McMahon throw at him. McMahon becomes the key figure in the battle against the Undertaker. By the way, why does Teddy Long hate the Undertaker again?

Anyways....

Smackdown doesn't have a #1 contender heading into January, so they hold a tournament, Championship Scramble, some other gimmicky match to determine who faces Taker at the Rumble. Jericho wins.

At the Rumble,

WWE Title: Randy Orton vs. Booker T(assuming he returns and as a face) or Kofi Kingston. Orton retains.

World Heavyweight Championship Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho. Jericho captures the gold after some screwjob by Vince or one of his lackeys.

Tag Title: DX vs. The Hart Dynasty. It's time for them to get their big break. I see The Hart Dynasty winning and HHH looking at HBK like he's going to kill him.

ECW (for kicks): William Regal vs. Zack Ryder. Regal retains. I like the idea of Regal as champion. To get to the big time, you have to get through me type of attitude would fit him perfect.

In the Royal Rumble:
HHH tosses HBK over... could lead to more problems and then HHH beating HBK in a retirement match. I like that idea. Also, we saw the Rock and Austin like 1000 times and no one ever got tired of this, so why complain about something we haven't seen since 2003.

Ted Dibiase wins the Rumble. Dibiase has been pushed the past 2-3 months against the best in the business and it's starting to look like he could rival Orton.

I'm sure it won't play out like this, but it would make for compelling TV if it did IMO. Anyways, just my few cents, take it for what you will.

why does everybody think either edge or ted dibiase will win??? edge is out with an injury

and i can guarantee he wont make it to the rumble in time to win. just because john

cena did that in 2008, doesnt mean edge is going to. yes i understand he is the ultimate

opportunist, but he wont have an opprtuinty in the rumble. expect him to return around

no way out in the elimination chamber match. and as for ted dibiase jr. why does almost

everybody assume Ted DiBiase Jr. will win. just because this happened to batista in 2005

does not guarantee ted will win this way. by this time in 04, batista was already winning

single matches. dibiase is still in tag team matches. basically every comment on the royal

rumble 2010 preedictions on youtube, say that edge will win. wwe will see that everyone

on the internet thinks edge or dibiase will win, thats a guarntee they wont. vince throws

curve balls. i have a feeling jericho will win, or somebody who has already won the match

ie. hhh, batista, taker, cena, or orton.....

Its hard to say what the Royal Rumble will look like at this point and time. I do see Edge coming back and maybe a surprise Booker T Return as well. Plus another RVD appearence would be cool. Im looking forward to it seeing as how I will be there on Jan 31st.

I would love to see Edge come back at the Royal Rumble and win, much like Triple H did after his first injury. Remember the pop he got when he returned. I think Edge will get the same thing.

However, if Edge isn't ready by the Royal Rumble I think he should make his surprise return in the Money in the Bank match and "steal" a win. Then later on in the night challenge a World Champion that night and become a new champion.

If Orton is in the Rumble I would look for Ted to cost him the match. I am hoping for HHH and HBK at Mania so I would expect the wheels to start coming off at the Rumble and be amplified at No Way Out leading to an epic encounter. I think the Undertaker has a shot at winning the Royal Rumble and challenging Cena at Mania. I also think we might see Mysterio vs. Batista at Mania not sure if it will be a title match or not, could go either way.

The point is the WWE really needs to set up Mania and I expect the Royal Rumble to do that. The card probably wont be anything special. Would love to see a guy like Morrison get a title match. I think it could really elevate him to the next level. I could even see Swagger getting a title match at the Rumble if he is able to continue his win streak. Could have him via DQ setting up his opportunity in the elimination chamber.

I see so much potential on the roster right now. Now its the WWE's chance to blow it and give up matches we've see a billion times.

The general consensus is that Edge will return at the Royal Rumble, which is the perfect PPV to make a return at. WWE creative has always pushed Edge, so I think he'll win the Rumble, thus putting him in the Wrestlemania scene. Hopefully he will feud with Punk over the WHC, which would be pretty sick imo. Booker T will probably be a participant in the Rumble, but I think he'll be on ECW. His reason for leaving the WWE was the rough schedule, him competing on ECW allows a lighter schedule and a big name to boost ECW.

with Edge out of picture, i have a feeling randy orton, john cena, triple h, the undertaker, or batista will

win the royal rumble. i just dont think they will let a nonestablished (ie not overused) superstar

win this year in my honest opinion :disappointed:. the only one i can see

win who wasnt fully estabished would be kofi kingston, but i have a feeling creative will screw his chances up by the

time of the rumble.

We're getting closer and closer to Wrestlemania....but before that we have to get to the Royal Rumble. The Royal Rumble will take place on January 31, 2010 in Atlanta, Georgia......NOT THAT FAR AWAY. I want to know what matches should take place that night. REMEMBER, these matches usually set up the Wrestlemania matches.

What matches should or will take place at the Royal Rumble?

I would like to see the following at the Rumble.

*Chris Jericho vs the Smackdown champ (who will be either Punk or Taker)
--I want Jericho to win and defend the belt at Wrestlemania. If Jericho vs Edge takes place at 'Mania, I see 'Taker vs Vince at 'Mania. Vince could cost 'Taker the title at the Royal Rumble.

*Ted Dibiase will PROBABLY win the RUMBLE. I have no preference as to who wins the Rumble match, but I see Orton vs Dibiase at 'Mania.

*ALTHOUGH, this could pose a problem for Cena and HHH NOT being in the title picture. BET YOUR ENTIRE SAVINGS that at least Cena or HHH will be in a title match...THAT'S a CERTAIN!!!

HHH will face Punk.

Orton will have a reverse legend killer match where he's the legend. III Threat with Dibease/Rhodes?

Cena will face Undertaker.

Jericho will face Edge for the belt if he's healthy by then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back