Roy L. Flush...

That was a brilliant troll job by that individual. It had me lmao. I give this good sir 8.5/10. Easily one of the better troll jobs I've seen, especially given the fact that a lot of people took him seriously. Everyone should rep this man.

D-Man; in his defense, that does actually sound like a half-way entertaining storyline. And its not like they haven't crossed lines. *cough* Katie Vick *cough*

He makes valid points.

1.) The GM wants to stay in secret. (because announcing who he is, would obviously cause a huge stir)

2.) He can only communicate through e-mails. (who says Heaven doesn't have the internet?)

3.) Replacing his brother, and agreeing that Bret was to blame for everything is every bit of something Owen (character-wise) would've done.

4.) Martha is currently re-suing the WWE for use of Owen.. maybe she knows more than she's letting on.

5.) This storyline could go straight through to the Hall of Fame, when Owen gets inducted and makes his final speech through an e-mail to Michael Cole, who'd induct him.

Will... a DEAD guy as GM? That's just awful. Don't even TRY to justify it.

Okay, first, you say this as if the current individual still with the Company who's held their Heavyweight Championship(s) more than anyone - wasn't the same guy who "fucked a dead chic, in a casket, at a funeral home." BESIDES...

Who wouldn't wanna see a Weekend at Bernies Raw GM parody?

I can just see it now. Michael Cole and the King would be carrying around this Owen look-alike body. King would put his crown on him from time to time. Cole would work the hands.

Remember that one kid who did a half-way decent job of mimicking Owen? The whole "not a nugget" thing? They could bring him in for voice-overs.

Okay, first, you say this as if the current individual still with the Company who's held their Heavyweight Championship(s) more than anyone - wasn't the same guy who "fucked a dead chic, in a casket, at a funeral home." BESIDES...

:disappointed:

And you're still trying to justify it...

You seem to forget that it was widely renown as one of the worst storylines in history, along with the "God/HBK vs. Vince/Shane" and a few others. No reason why they would try that again, especially during a PG era.

Who wouldn't wanna see a Weekend at Bernies Raw GM parody?

I really hope you're joking. I'll take it that you are, so I'll leave this alone.

I can just see it now. Michael Cole and the King would be carrying around this Owen look-alike body. King would put his crown on him from time to time. Cole would work the hands.

Ok, I just laughed. Yes, that was funny because I caught a visual.

Remember that one kid who did a half-way decent job of mimicking Owen? The whole "not a nugget" thing? They could bring him in for voice-overs.

That kid was awesome. He mimiced a few guys during that time, period, right?

That would be Jason Sensation.

Yes D-man he did, he mimicked Shawn Michaels as well, Stone Cold, The Undertaker.

You can actually find video's of him impersonating wrestlers when he was working on getting in shape, he impersonated Hogan, Savage, Flair, Stone Cold and a few others here and there, mostly Flair.

:disappointed:

And you're still trying to justify it...

You seem to forget that it was widely renown as one of the worst storylines in history, along with the "God/HBK vs. Vince/Shane" and a few others. No reason why they would try that again, especially during a PG era.

I really hope you're joking. I'll take it that you are, so I'll leave this alone.

Ok, I just laughed. Yes, that was funny because I caught a visual.

That kid was awesome. He mimiced a few guys during that time, period, right?

Well, first, of course I'm joking. You'd be completely fucking stupid to think otherwise. I love Owen Hart to death. I miss him. I was pissed when the Hart DVD didn't contain more matches of Owen.

But even in a joking manner, I'm sick enough that I liked the Katie Vick storyline. I laughed at it - which, to my knowledge, was the point. If it wasn't then I still laughed.

So on that note - should they do something completely distasteful (again) that regards bringing back the dead, in a Weekend at Bernies manner - yes, it'd be completely fucking hilarious to me. And apparently even you, since you said yourself you laughed at the visual of it.

Oh, it's totally funny if you think about it in a joking manner. But I think that poster was serious about it. Therein lies the reason for the facepalm.

As to who's the GM

It's Benoit dammnit, he wants revenge for being written out of WWE history, duh :rolleyes:

been stuck at a hospital for the past three days, noticed this thread from my Blackberry but didn't really give it any consideration, but i just gotta say...

wtf-cat.jpg

Comparing this "joke" scenario with Owen Hart as the surprise GM to the infamous Katie Vick storyline is not a valid comparison. Because as in poor taste and as stupid as the Vick angle was, it was totally and obviously fictional, a poor attempt at humour that admittedly wasn't funny at all, at least not to me.

But Owen Hart was a real person who actually died in the ring, someone with a long lineage in the wrestling business, someone who is the focus, apparently, of yet another potential lawsuit involving WWE and his widow. So, joking or otherwise it's in poor taste, even by Cage standards. And plus, i still don't believe the OP was even joking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back