Round 7: Disarray -vs- Thriller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix

WZCW's First Triple Crown Champion
Which wrestler is the better asset to the Professional Wrestling World, Batista or Ric Flair?

This is a seventh round match in the Debater's League. Disarray is the home debater and gets to choose which side of the debate they will be on and who debates first, but they have 24 hours to make their choice.

This thread is for DEBATERS ONLY and will end on Friday at 2pm EST.

Anyone that posts in this thread besides the debaters, league admins, and judges will be infracted!

Good luck.​

Looks like I'm going first, actually. Like I said above, Flair is the better asset to the pro wrestling world, and quite honestly, it's not really that close. Let's go over a few thing.

Flair destroys Batista when it comes to longevity. Flair's first match (when it comes to relatively big stages, that is) was in 1976 against the great Pete Sanchez. That's 34 years ago, and he's still around today, making a big impact in the second biggest wrestling company in the world.

Batista's first match on Smackdown was a 2002 tag match with everyone's least favorite Dudley, D-Von. He left earlier this year. That's not even 8 years of wrestling. Looking at it simply from a numbers standpoint, Flair has been around more than 4 times as long as Batista. Certainly that count for a lot.

More importantly, when it comes to quality, Flair has the edge. For the most part, Batista was trash until his heel turn before he left the company, which was beautiful. How long was that? Merely 7 months. No matter how kickass those 7 months were, it doesn't make up for an overwhelminly mediocre first 7 years or so.

Flair, on the other hand, was almost always the top dog. Whether it be in NWA, WCW, WWF, WWE, or even TNA, the people will always absolutely love Flair. He's been over for pretty much all 34 years of his career. At one point in the late 80s, Flair was having 3 or 4 five star matches a year with Steamboat alone. Batista can't come close to matching Flair's excellence and consitency when it comes to match quality.

There's also the areas of promos and kayfabe accomplishments, where Flair has such overwhelming advantages that I'm not going to spend too much time pounding home these points. Flair is simply one of the best promo men of all time while Batista spent basically his entire career as a bumbling fool. Flair has won more World Championships than anybody, and wrestled in an era where they were harder to come by that what Batista had to deal with. Big advantage there.

I think I've made it pretty clear how Flair is superior to Batista in just about every single way. If you want to go with the argument that his later years in the WWE were shit, I'd simply like to point out that a few somewhat average years don't tarnish a great career, especially when Batista has had nothing but mediocre years for the most part, and Flair's "last' match ever was freakin' sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back