Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Sam

Rear Naked Bloke
r2.jpg

The Road Warriors - Hawk & Animal
vs.
The Mega Powers - Hulk Hogan & Randy Savage

Now this shit could be pretty interesting.

Seeing the title of this thread instantly makes me think of the Arcade game Wrestlefest.

Anyway, hmm... this one is kind of tough. On one hand, I find the Road Warriors to be the most overrated team in wrestling history, while on the other.... I'm kind of bitter over what happened in the last round with the Mega Powers, where they should have lost against the New Age Outlaws.

Nevertheless, I must make a decision, and I guess I'll just base it on who would win a kayfabe match between these two teams in their primes.

Now, the Road Warriors were unstoppable at one point in time. I mean, they literally could not be fucked with by anyone in their respective territory. Any team that stepped into that ring with them got literally destroyed. At least, that was before the Steiner Brothers came to the NWA. The Steiners showed everyone that yes, the Road Warriors were human, and this technically was still their prime. And in my mind, if the Steniers could knock those guys around, then the Mega Powers definitely could as well. I mean, honestly... kayfabe wise, the Road Warriors would lose to Hulk Hogan in a Handicap match, in Hogan's prime. That's just a fact. So, yeah... I'm voting for the Mega Powers here.

The Road Warriors advance here. The Mega Powers are a powerful team, but so are the Legion of Doom. It's rare to find a team with great chemistry, size, and speed like the Road Warriors. Plus the Mega Powers aren't exactly the best of friends. At any moment, one or the other could turn on each other.

This isn't a case where Hogan or Savage could beat them both either. LOD is a formidable team, although a bit overrated, should have no trouble advancing here against a team that's one Elizabeth slip and fall away from collapsing.

This again, is an example of a Tag Team vs. two Superstars teaming up. Hogan and Savage have turned on each other so many times and I’m still in awe on how they beat the New Age Outlaws. The Road Warriors have my vote here. I don’t care if they are the Mega Powers or Leaders of the N.W.O., the egos are just too big to make it this far in a Tag Team Tournament. Oh, and Hawk and Animal are, for the most part, commonly recognized as the Greatest Tag Team ever. If they are even mentioned in that elite category, how could they not make it to, at the very least, the Final 4??

Ok ok. I think I'm ok now after seeing this beyond wet dream match for an 80s fan.

That being said, I'm more or less split here. You're talkinga bout taking two of the strongest wrestlers ever comprising likely the most dominant tag team of all time against two of the biggest stars of all time that teamed together on and off for years. I could see this going either way. For one thing, there's absolutely no way Hogan takes the Doomsday Device. I don't ever remember him doing anything more than two feet off the ground, so if anyone is getting pinned here it's Savage. I think the key thing here is that Hogan and Savage could explode at any moment whereas the Road Warriors never fought that I can remember. I'll go with the Warriors here, but by the slimest of margins in a brutally bad match.

The key thing here is Precious Paul chasing Liz to the back, prompting Hogan to follow leaving Savage in the ring with Hawk and Animal. Mega Powers Explode...take 12...and...action!!

Easy choice here, Road Warriors obviously. They absolutely dominated tag team wrestling all over the globe for years, and were a huge draw everywhere they went. Mega Powers were a tag team that didn't even last a year, had about 4 matches in total, and was simply an angle to further a storyline. As a Tag Team, the Mega Powers mean very, very little in the grand scope of legendary teams.

Easy vote for the Road Warriors here. New Age Outlaws should have beaten out the Mega Powers last round anyways.

This is the tossup of tossups for me. One hand there are two of my all time favs in Hogan and Savage and on the other hand there is one of the greatest teams to ever wrestle, The Road Warriors. I really have no clue how to vote here and I might just have to call this one a draw lol. Really no clue who to vote for. Maybe someone can make the sway, but for now, my vote is one no one.

Just looking at the ability at what all four men bring to the table, it is quite the equal match where power, stamina & agility is concerned. They are basically the same team going against each other in a region in which all four competitor's know of very well (refering to the WWE region).

However, the Road Warriors win here as they have the chemistry, experience & psychology over the Mega Powers. They have teamed longer, went against many tag teams & at one point where the most feared duo. Mega Powers have an unstable relationship that could split the team at any moment & Warriors are smart enough to capitalise on that situation when it does arise.

jmt convinced me. I was leaning towards the Road Warriors, based on teamwork and chemistry, but he has a point that Hogan just couldn't be fucked with during this point in time. Both teams were at their peaks at around the same time, so there's not a huge time gap to jump to figure out how they'd match up. L.O.D. would have to rely on their power, and they're matched up against Hulk F'n Hogan and Macho Man.

I'm voting for the legit tag team - Road Warriors. This is a tag tornament. They were a better team. They are arguably the most accomplished, well versed tag team. Mega Powers had success as singles, whereas Road warriors soley had great success as a unit. Additionally, they have more chemistry and experience.

Road Warriors FTW.

By far the toughest matchup of the tourney so far. All 4 of the men in this match are among the biggest and baddest ever. Regardless of the winner, this would be a hell of a match to watch.

Looking at the matchup, Hogan and Savage have the slight talent advantage while the Road Warriors have the chemistry/teamwork advantage. It really all depends on how you want to determine the winner.

Personally, I'm going with the Mega Powers, for the simple reason that Hulk Hogan was pretty much unstoppable during his prime. As KB mentioned, the RW wouldn't be able to hit the Doomsday Device on him, which is a big factor. Someone else mentioned that Hogan in his prime would likely beat the RW, which is also true. The combo of Hogan and Savage is just too good not to vote for, but it's close.

Also, this vote may counteract some of those who are voting against the Mega Powers for the rest of the tourney because they beat the NAO.

Im going with the Road Warriors/Legion of Doom/Whatever you like. I hate to be one of those guys but this is a tag team tournament. As X reiterated earlier, Hogan and Savage were purely a means to an end, that end being the main event of WM5. They were simply put together for the sheer purpose to break up, which has to be an indicator of poor chemistry. The Road Warriors WERE tag team wrestling, and there can't be any arguing of that.

Road Warriors here for the win

Road Warriors were the best tag team, one of the top 5 ever. But that is not how I vote for these tournaments. I vote on who would win in this matchup. And I think Road Warriors would lose to the Mega Powers. Mega Powers match up with strength (Hogan can easily take on Animal), and quickness (Savage easily takes on Hawk). They have also been together for a long time, so they have great chemistry. They have a distraction if needed.

And my last point. Shits in WWE. Now AWA. Not NWA. Not WCW. WWE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back