• LOD

• NAO

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following matches take place inside of an ECW ring are conducted under
Extreme Rules.

The Road Warriors are the team of Hawk and Animal from 1984-1992

The New Age Outlaws are the team of the Road Dog Jesse James and Badass Billy Gunn from 1997-2000.

I won't vote yet. I'll see what others think first.

However, I'm thinking LOD without a doubt. Typically up there in "greatest teams ever" lists. Then again, the Outlaws are too; albeit less frequently. Not really an accurate measure to be fair. Kayfabe though, can you visualise the Outlaws being victorious? I can't. Could the hardcore setting tip the scales? I don't think so.

NAO were just brawlers.LOD could work as a good team and pulled off some great stuff.LOD get my vote on teamwork.

To be honest, I never saw the L.O.D. as more than an over the top gimmick. They were two powerhouses with VERY little substance. They were professional wrestling's version of Kiss - face paint, loud, neat visual show, no substance or real talent whatsoever.

Which brings me to Billy Gunn. Athletic, a very versatile tag team wrestler, and a HUGE waste of god-given talent. He didn't sell for his opponents well, and his attitude sucked.

Road Dogg, on the other hand, was the general of tag team wrestling during the Dx heyday. He was a technician, he sold his opponents moves well, he built crowd rapport. Very solid guy.

I am going against the L.O.D. here because I defy anyone to prove to me that they were anything more than a look, a catch phrase, and a 600-lb bench press.

They aren't any more than a look, a catch phrase and 600 lb bench press. However, I still think that they were superior to the Outlaws. Why? Because the Outlaws were shit.

You did a great job selling them, I'll give you that. I think you oversold them though, maybe tripping into fabrication territory. I'm starting to come round now. On a more even footing, it looks like the hardcore setting may actually tip the scales in favour of... look, I tried to remember that intro thing but, wait...

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls of all ages, WrestleZone brings to you it's soon-to-be tag team champions of the wooorrrlllld! The Road Dogg Jesse James! The Bad Ass Billy Gunn! The New! Age! Outlaws!

Hey, I remembered it! AAAAAAAAAAWhat a rush!

LOD suck balls. Their 2 minutes squashes are the best thing to come from them. The same match and promo for years, twenty odd in fact. At least the NAO only sucked for a couple of years.

The New Age Outlaws defeated LOD 12-8???

My Thoughts: Disgust, complete and total disgust.

Are you fucking kidding me. Look, I'm as big of a Road Warrior critic as the next guy, but in no way, shape or form are the New Age Outlaws better at anything related to tag team wrestling then the Road Warriors. The Road Warriors were nothing but a gimmick, that might be true. That's better then being nothing more then a ripped off catch phrase from a boxing ring announcer.

There is nothing, and I repeat nothing good about the New Age Outlaws. The very definition of over rated will have a picture of the outlaws next to it. The Road Dogg Jesse James may very well be the worst multiple generation wrestler ever. Billy Gunn may very well be the most hyped/underachiever in wrestling history. For years people kept trying to tell you how great this guy was, when in reality he was nothing but. As I said, I'm not a Road Warrior fan, but they are a thousand times better then the New Age Outlaws and I couldn't disagree with the outcome of this match more.

But if you look at the matches Shocky, the Outlaws were better for those whole three years than the Road Warriors were for 20. If you watch the LOD DVD is shows how dull their matches were. But as a team, and against decent opponents the Outlaws always had entertaining matches.

LOD also faced The Outlaws in 1998, and they were the same then as they were before. And there was one team sucking more than the other in that feud. That be the Legion Of Doom.

This entire Tag Tournament is starting to look like a joke. It is amounting to a bunch of twenty year old kids that don't know their wrestling history picking the teams that they remember. One there is no way the Motor City Machine Guns could ever beat the Twin Towers. They were just too damn big for Shelly and Sabin. How in the hell could anyone think that The Outlaws could beat The Road Warriors. Maybe if your thinking about the 1998 version of L.O.D sure the Outlaws win but NO WAY would they beat the Road Warriors of the 80's not a chance.

Well when you say it like that I have no other option but to point out that nobody beat The Road warriors in the 80's. Didn't stop them from being shitty though.

This entire Tag Tournament is starting to look like a joke. It is amounting to a bunch of twenty year old kids that don't know their wrestling history picking the teams that they remember. One there is no way the Motor City Machine Guns could ever beat the Twin Towers. They were just too damn big for Shelly and Sabin. How in the hell could anyone think that The Outlaws could beat The Road Warriors. Maybe if your thinking about the 1998 version of L.O.D sure the Outlaws win but NO WAY would they beat the Road Warriors of the 80's not a chance.

You're a joke.

Don't piss on the tournament because you don't like the voting in a match. Tis is your FIRST post in the thread. If you felt so strongly about the Twin Towers, you should have posted and tried to earn the voted for them. You have NO RIGHT to call the tourney a joke because of ONE MATCH that you didn't even post on until after it was over.

Next time, I infract you for trolling.

While I agree I should have posted on the match while it was going, I am certainly not a joke. If the so called fans on this website knew anything about wrestling and knew how to vote appropriately I wouldn't have said the tournament was turning into a joke. Also I never said the tourney was a joke I only said it was turning into one because of ridiculous decisions in the voters. So from here on I will be posting on every single match, just so you don't call me a joke.

Oh so its a joke because the posters don't see things the way you do?

Ladies and Gentlemen it's official: We've found Sly's child!

While I agree I should have posted on the match while it was going, I am certainly not a joke. If the so called fans on this website knew anything about wrestling and knew how to vote appropriately I wouldn't have said the tournament was turning into a joke. Also I never said the tourney was a joke I only said it was turning into one because of ridiculous decisions in the voters. So from here on I will be posting on every single match, just so you don't call me a joke.

I don't care if you post on every match, as long as you don't put down the hard work that was put into it because you don't like the outcome. I despise when people do that shit.

I apologize Irish, I didn't mean to shit on anyone's hard work. I never said the tourney was a joke. I enjoy going on here daily to see whats going on this website. Didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings. I just think some of the outcomes have been off. Once again I'm sorry and much respect to those putting on this tournament.

I apologize Irish, I didn't mean to shit on anyone's hard work. I never said the tourney was a joke. I enjoy going on here daily to see whats going on this website. Didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings. I just think some of the outcomes have been off. Once again I'm sorry and much respect to those putting on this tournament.

Green Rep for "manning-up" and apologizing. Everything is cool as far as I am concerned. Enjoy the tournament - I know I do.

Green Rep for "manning-up" and apologizing. Everything is cool as far as I am concerned. Enjoy the tournament - I know I do.

638790870_94895bfa25.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back