TNA Round 3, Match 2: Money Inc. vs. the Mega Powers

Discussion in '2nd Tag Team Tournament (2008)' started by Shocky, Oct 30, 2008.

?

Money Inc. vs. the Mega Powers

1. Money Inc.

2. Mega-Powers

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Shocky

Shocky Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz

The Following match takes place in the six sided TNA Ring with TNA Rules.

Money Inc. (The Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase and I.R.S.
    [​IMG]

vs.

The Mega Powers (Hulk Hogan and Macho Man Randy Savage)
    [​IMG]

2. Gelgarin

Gelgarin Gentleman of the Old School

It's not a good week to be IRS is it?

As was shown during the build to Royal Rumble 1, Hogan is immune to the power of money (That's what we call irony children), and he and Savage have this thing in the bag. No questions asked.

As a last note, I prefer Money Inc in almost every way. They still get whooped though.

3. IrishCanadian25

IrishCanadian25 Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

I am going to vote for Money Inc here.

Do I need to remind everyone that Hogan and Savage as "The Mega Powers" were, once again, not a "legit" tag team? They existed for two reasons - they gave Summer Slam a viable Main Event (Mega Powers vs Mega Bucks) without giving away Hogan / Andre or Savage / DiBiase outside of WrestleMania, and it made the WrestleMania 5 storyline "The Mega Powers Explode" more legs to stand on.

Aside from that, The Mega Powers were devoid of longevity or legitimacy, and existed only to advance singles storylines. They never went for titles, and outside of that one night at SummerSlam, hardly ever teamed up at all.

Money Inc, however, was the perfect marriage of two single wrestlers gimmicks into a re-birth for both men. Rotundo and DiBiase were advancing in age, and DiBiase's main event days were long behind him. This gimmick gave them the perfect heel heat, and as ring technicians, few were better.

Don't be blinded by the Mega Power's star power. They wrestled one match that meant anything. Outside of that, they were just a pair of egos leading a company. And if you combat me with them teaming up in the "Triple Tiered Cage" against "The Alliance to End Hulkamania," I will E-Slap you.

4. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Rear Naked Bloke

I'm going to back Irish with this one. Surprise, surprise. If you go on how good Savage and Hogan were as singles stars and how popular they were, then they're just going to best everyone in this tournament. And they don't deserve to. The legitimate tag teams are the ones that deserve to, and the ones that should.

But I still won't vote yet. So persuade me otherwise, boys and girls. Do it! DO IT NOW!!

5. klunderbunker

klunderbunker Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House

IC, where in the hell were you to back me up when I was saying the Powers were overrated?

I took Money Inc. as well. To me, there is no way this match ends up going over clean no matter what. Money Inc. are the perfect foes for Hogan and Savage. The faces here are designed to face big power guys. Have you ever seen them go against smaller, more technical guys? Savage did once, as a heel, against Steamboat. Remember what happened? He got beat by a rollup, and that's what I see happening here. An X factor here is Jimmy Hart, and his wrestlers didn't give a damn about him. Hogan and Savage had that fox Liz, and they cared about her. Hart goes after her, Hogan/Savage resue, the other gets a briefcase to the head, roll up, heels win.

6. Shocky

Shocky Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz

Going with Money Inc as well. I love me Hulk Hogan and Savage, but they weren't as great of a team as our clouded childhood vision would have us think. Hogan and Savage were great, but as Irish said, they were simply a filler team to sell Summerslam and for Savage to be brought up to the level of Hogan for a Wrestlemania main event. \

Money Inc were a three time tag team champion. They defeated a Hogan led team at Wrestlemania 9, and beat many of the high profile teams of the early 90's WWF, a time when the division was still relevant. Money Inc. FTW.