Uncle Sam

Rear Naked Bloke
Round 1, WWE:
The Road Warriors - Hawk & Animal
vs.
Billy Kidman & Rey Mysterio

No spam and no flaming.​

Who's that jumping out the sky?

I don't care what you say about the Road Warriors, I was a fan. Kidman/Misterio with the Filty Animals were at the lowesty points in their careers, so you can't take them here. L.O.D. would toss them around the ring, hit a Doomsday Device, and call it a match. I don't think there's any offensive maneuver that could be done by Kidman or Rey at that point to take them out...

You know, I cannot count out the Filthy animals here, just because they are up against the Road Warriors. In general, I would say the Road Warriors were the much better tag team, but in a match-up, it could be interesting. Rey Mysterio during this time was on a pretty big hot streak, defeating some of the bigger guys in WCW after losing his matches. If you watched during this era, Mysterio just wouldn't seem to die. He would take a beating, and look to be out, and have his opponents pin him. Rey would kick out at 2.9 every time. He would then hit a hurricanrana and get the upset. But it was a team that was destined to fail, due to Billy Kidman. They feuded against each other more than they fought other tag teams. Because of this, I cannot give them the win.

I cannot stand the Road Warriors. I think they're the most overrated tag team in history. They were dangerous to their opponents, and just flat out sucked. Their only appeal was that they were big for tag team wrestlers, and wore face paint. That's it. Their matches were lame outside of the finish (which, like I said, was EXTREMELY dangerous and they never protected their opponent doing it), and they couldn't cut a coherent promo to save their lives. Fuck them.

Rey Mysterio and Billy Kidman, on the other hand, has had some of the most entertaining, spectacular tag matches in history. Whether it was apart of the Filthy Animals, or their run as a team in WWE, they were fucking great together, which is why I'm voting for them. While I'm sure the Road Warriors would have killed these two in a match, I really don't care. Kidsterio deserves to advance, while the Road Warriors should be treated like the overrated disgraces they truly are.

Lulz at the match up.

Mysterio and Kidman would use there speed to good advantage but Hawk & Animal are one of the best teams ever. All it would take is for either Kidman or Mysterio to get caught once and it would be over which i definitely see happening.

I like all 4 of them but Road Warriors advance in dominate fashion

I dunno I say Mysterio has made a career out of beating bigger men, and Kidman was awesome in WCW as well - both these guys have the speed to run rings round the slower Road Warriors and pick up the kind of "surprise" win Mysterio is famous for.

While I'm a big fan of Rey Mysterio and Billy Kidman (probably the last great tag team to come out of WCW), I can't put them over the Road Warriors here. Granted, like JMT, I've always thought the Warriors were a bit overrated. They had some damn fine matches in their heyday, but their shtick really began to wear thin eventually. Still, I can't rightfully vote for Kidman and Mysterio here, simply because of the difference in size of the wrestlers. Hawk and Animal are simply too strong here for Mysterio & Kidman.

The Filthy Animals were the best thing on WCW after the Radicals left. Arguably before too, I'm not ashamed to say I loved Kidman back in the day. Heterosexually, you understand. They were a great team, and managed to overcome two of the best technical wrestlers going to pick up their WCW tag titles. However, during the time they held the championships, they were also feuding with each other over the Cruiserweight title, which goes to show that they could dominate whilst not being o the same page.

The problem is, they never really beat anyone significantly bigger than themselves physically, but the Road Warriors did beat people smaller than them. The Filthy Animals would give a good account of themselves in this match, but they wouldn't be good enough to pull off the final win.

Reactions: X
Rey and Kidman are faster wrestlers, they're more technically sound, one is a former world champion, and they're likely a better team. That being said, they're lucky if they don't wind up in traction after this. The LOD are just beasts. They didn't use a lot of fancy moves because they didn't need to. Their strategy was simple: hit the other guy really hard over and over. What more do you need? Kidman and Mysterio can run all they want, but eventually they're going to get caught. When they do, this ends.

Kidman and Mysterio are awesome, but LOD is considered one of the greatest teams to ever wrestle. Granted I'm not a fan of them (honestly I've always found them to be a bit overrated), I just can't see Mysterio and Kidman winning. Yeah Rey is the ultimate underdog and these are the kind of matches he thrives off, but I just think once LOD gets control they'll win the match. Rey Rey and Billy put on a great show and get you thinking they pull the upset, but LOD still gets the W.

I am going to have to give the nod to L.O.D. simply because they have the most experience out of the two teams. Yes, they were overrated. Yes, they are just two big men with face paint... but they had some great matches back in the day & cannot be unrecognised for that. These guys have the power & strength to outlast many teams. Sure, Mysterio & Kidman are both faster-paced wrestlers whom are somewhat technically sound & high-fliers, but they will not be able to find a finishing move appropriate enough to keep either Hawk or Animal down for the count. They can put a good fight, but not enough for the victory.

The Road Warriors, quite frankly, are one of the three best tag teams of all the times.

I see no way that Kidman and Mysterio have a chance. In tag team matches, Rey needs a big man, like Batista to help him. Rey is a good finisher, but it would be like Ricky Morton tagging in Ricky Morton. Both of them would just get beat up for the entirety of the match. There would be a flurry at the end, but it would end up with A RRRRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

As far as the Road Warriors being overrated... I don't see it. Sure their look and shtick got tired after a while, but this was a team that dominated everyone they came in contact with. They were brutes that could dropkick, clothesline, and break your neck. Sure they're dangerous and did nothing to protect their opponents during their signature move, but this team is just power. Raw power.

Kidman and Mysterio would put up a fight for a couple of minutes, but one big shoulder block, a power slam, then the Doomsday Device. Someone probably goes out on a stretcher here and the Legion of Doom advance.

I can’t even take this match seriously. Hawk and Animal would $#!+ all over Kidman and Mysterio, plain and simple. Yes, Rey and Billy were a decent team and won Titles along the way, but you’re talking about them vs. a Team that is argued as the best Tag Team in history. Oh what a rush!!

The Road Warriors were pretty much a dominant tag team. They were freaky monsters and had a size and strength advantage on pretty much every team that they faced, and it would be no different here.

Sure, Mysterio and Kidman can run around the ring and do some flippys, but what happends when they get caught by Hawk or Animal? They get crushed, that's what happens. The two little guys will put on a good showing, but would ultimately get crushed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back