• Se7en

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The 1-2-3 Killam

Mid-Card Championship Winner
r2rockyvse7en_zps4b153d1d.jpg

Round 2: Rocky vs. Se7en

The poll will close on Thursday, October 25th at 2am PT (ish)

Rocky for me here.

Now before any comments are made about the subsequent Rocky films, lets remember that those aren't being voted for. This is Rocky in a vacuum, where it is one of the best sports films as well as one of the best underdog films ever made too.

Stallone famously hammered out the first draft of the script in 3 days and stuck to his guns to make sure that he would be able to play the role himself. It cost the film $1 million dollars as the producers were willing to provide a $2 million budget if a big name could be attached for the leading role. The film then made a total $225 million worldwide gross, a phenomenal feat.

Eye of the Tiger is forever paired with the Rocky franchise but the original theme, Gonna Fly Now is one of the most uplifting and inspirational pieces of music that is constantly used at sports arenas to get the crowd pumped up.

It has to be Rocky.

I fucking love Se7en but I can't bring myself to down vote Rocky. What a great........GREAT film. As already pointed out by Dowds, it's just the classic underdog story and you can't help but pull for the guy. I showed this movie to my wife who really only watches period pieces, BBC stuff and anime and even she was making all these faces and holding her breath and cheering this guy on. Great film, not bashing Se7en in any way and if it was up against A LOT of other films I would have voted for it. The twist at the end was brilliant but it's got nothing on Rocky.

Rocky is a great underdog story and WrestleZone is the perfect place for this movie, but it did drag on at times. I didn't have the sympathy for underdog Stallone that others did and, being a fan of MMA now, watching it now is embarrassingly bad. At least No Holds Barred with Hogan and Zeus had 'realistic' pro wrestling in it. Rocky had all hooks and uppercuts with absolutely no defense.

Beyond all that, Se7en was a more enjoyable movie and Brad Pitt is a much more compelling actor than Stallone.

Yeah I'm taking Se7en on this.
Sports films... urgh... I don't think there are many worse genre for cinema. The problem is they're all the same, every damn one of them. Granted Rocky is almost certainly the best and probably inspired most of what followed but at the end of the day, it's a simple underdog story that we've seen a thousand times before. It's a non-challenging feel-good movie. Yawn

As for it's rival

Kevin Spacey as a psycho
Brad Pitt
Morgan Freeman narrating
David Fincher directing
The awesome ending

Ding! Ding! It's a knockout victory in the Se7enth round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back