Round 2: Godfather Part 2 vs. Aliens

Discussion in 'Mumbai Region' started by The 1-2-3 Killam, Oct 21, 2012.

?

Round 2: The Godfather Part 2 vs. Aliens

1. The Godfather: Part II

2. Aliens

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The 1-2-3 Killam

The 1-2-3 Killam Mid-Card Championship Winner

[​IMG]

Round 2: Godfather Part 2 vs. Aliens

This poll will close on Thursday, October 25th at 2am PT (ish)​

2. Mitch Henessey

Mitch Henessey Deploy the cow-catcher......
    Staff Member Moderator

Horrible match-up for Aliens here. As much as I love Aliens, I have to go with The Godfather Part II.

It's strange, because both films have produced the heated "it's better than the original!" argument, but The Godfather II is superior to Aliens in every way. Directing, acting, and writing. You name it, and The Godfather II still surpasses Aliens. Al Pacino delivers a masterful performance, as the evil and cold-hearted Don. And you can make an argument for Robert De Niro as the better Vito Corleone.

Upon its release, The Godfather was considered to be the standard for American filmmaking. It's surpassed expectations, and eventually, The Godfather became one of the most influential films in the history of cinema. And despite all of the overwhelming amounts of tremendous praise, The Godfather II STILL challenges the original, as the best film in the series. It's an impressive feat, that deserves admiration.

3. Loveless

Loveless A Life In Monochrome

There's just very little to say or that needs to be said here. You watch Godfather II and it just oozes class and style from every pore. Even if you don't like the subject matter (and I don't), it's damn near flawless in every aspect. Nothing James Cameron could make will ever come close.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.