Roman Reigns' Summerslam announcement

He will fight at Summerslam for the Universal title.

Fought at Extreme Rules in a fatal 5 way, lost the number 1 contender match but shows up on Raw and announces he is the number 1 contender anyway.

Yep, shithouse story telling. I think we are getting a Fatal 4 way for the belt at Summerslam. Lesnar vs Joe vs Strownman vs Reigns.

If I'm Kurt Angle I say look Roman you're actually the #1 contender to get fired you wannabe. I'm the GM here, I own you, you are my bitch, you don't make any decisions around here.

But seriously, until a few hours ago I actually didn't think of the fact that Roman vs Brock might happen at Summerslam instead of Mania next year. I was just too caught up in, well I don't even know what. I know what he said but I just wasn't listening. Well hopefully that's the case. Imagine a Roman vs Brock 3 at Mania. Shithouse announcement but the outcome is potentially great.

I'm still not sold on Reigns facing Lesnar at SummerSlam. If Strowman beats Reigns at GBOF, clean or not, that's enough of a logical hole that even professional wrestling storylines could drive an ambulance through. At the least it would need to be a triple threat.

Plus, say Reigns loses by interference. All it would take is Angle to come out and say he doesn't get the shot because he lost and now Reigns is gunning for whoever caused him to lose.

According to Dave Meltzer, the current plan for Reigns is to have him challenge Brock Lesnar for the Universal Championship rather than wait until next year's WrestleMania. Meltzer's report claims that the decision to change the plans came about a couple of weeks ago.

With Reigns vs. Lesnar taking place at SummerSlam, it would appear that the WrestleMania main event has been changed as well, although WWE could do a third Reigns vs. Lesnar match at the show. Meltzer speculated that given John Cena declaring himself a "free agent," WWE could go with Reigns vs. Cena as the main event of WrestleMania.

However, Meltzer's report also mentioned that plans could change yet again as everyone from executives to the wrestlers are said to be highly impressed with Samoa Joe's performance in the program with Lesnar and how well it's gotten over with fans.

As far as the idea of Lesnar vs. Reigns happening for SummerSlam instead of WrestleMania, I've got no issue with it. Personally, I'd rather they got to it sooner as, from my perspective as a fan, I'd rather them put the title on Reigns rather than have Lesnar tear through the roster only for Reigns to "save the WWE Universe" at WrestleMania.

As far as Joe's performance getting over, it shouldn't really come as a surprise to anyone. I mean, booking an opponent for Lesnar who wasn't around during the Attitude Era as though he's a threat to Lesnar instead of portraying him like some scrub is something fans are responding to? Wow, what a concept. :p :p

I'd really love WWE to shake things up with regards to the whole Main Event scene of RAW coming out of SummerSlam, tbh. Change the entire landscape of it going forward and give the fans something to look forward to.

In Reigns, Strowman, Lesnar and Joe... WWE have built all 4 guys brilliantly to be the cornerstones of the brand. However, the Brock vs Roman match looms large over all else and it really needs to happen sooner rather than later at this point so things can move on for all the main guys on the roster. Ntm, the Free Agent John Cena also makes things even more interesting.

Personal fantasy booking here going into GBoF:

Reigns vs Strowman
: Since it is an Ambulance match, neither guy will get pinned, so that is adequate protection to leave the feud opened for one guy to cleanly pin the other later down the road. As said above, Brock-Roman needs to happen, thus Reigns needs to go over Strowman in this match for it to happen. Many fans won't like it, but since Strowman won't be pinned, he can be rebuilt easily.
Actually, I would have Bray Wyatt defeat Seth Rollins earlier in the night(I think Rollins really needs freshening up at this point and a defeat might be good for him character-wise to do just that) and actually interfere and cost Strowman the match to setup Bray vs Braun for SummerSlam.

Lesnar vs Joe: Killer back and forth match, Brock goes over. End of story. Great feud thus far, but Joe doesn't need to win, just needs to look like he belongs in the same ring as Brock. Ntm, Joe 2-0 Roman Reigns(great leverage to have for the future).

Wyatt vs Rollins: Bray wins. Rollins undergoes some much needed changes to his current bland face character. Wyatt costs Strowman to set him up for a huge smashing at SummerSlam which should write him off for a bit to undergo change as well.

With the likes of Finn Balor lying in wait... I think post-SummerSlam is going to be great TV if WWE can play their cards right and keep the current Hoss fights going. Mania season will truly be something to look forward come 2018.

Best thing to do if they want to get Roman vs Lesnar out of the way: Have Strowman beat Reigns at GBoF. Then on RAW, have Angle come out and say "Look Roman, you've beaten Balor, you've beaten Rollins and Wyatt, but you've lost to Joe and Strowman. But you've also defeated The Undertaker at Wrestlemania, so I'm making a triple threat match tonight between you, Braun and Joe to determine the true #1 contender".

But I'm wondering, if they go for Reigns vs Lesnar, what will Braun and Joe do at Summerslam? Which makes me wonder.. What if they're trying to swerve us? Maybe Undertaker comes back and kills Roman at the PPV. "I'm not retired you bitch!".
Not that I want Taker to return, but going for Roman vs Brock could kill the entire RAW card for SSlam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back