ROH's return to PPV is official, Final Battle, December 7

From the Observer:

This is the lineup so far for Final Battle on 12/7 in New York. There will be two PPV matches and one dark match still to be added, but official at this point are Jay Briscoe vs. Adam Cole for the ROH title in a fight without honor, which is a no DQ match, Kyle O’Reilly & Bobby Fish vs. Alex Shelley & Kushida for the ROH tag titles, Jay Lethal vs. Matt Sydal for the ROH TV title, Tommaso Ciampa vs. Michael Elgin, Roderick Strong vs. Adam Page and Moose vs. R.D. Evans. Daniels & Kaz vs. The Young Bucks is likely and then either a multi man match or a singles match, but if they do a singles match someone is being left off the card. For their biggest show of the year it's not the best card but on paper it is stronger than 'Best in the World'. There are five matches there that could take match of the night or easily be ****. ROH's ideology towards it is they want every match to have sufficient time to showcase the best wrestling possible.

As far as production, more money is going into it than 'Best in the World' and that had a very good look to it. The graphics displayed on TV so far look very slick, not as high value as WWE's but on-par if not better than TNA's. Terminal 5 isn't going to be an easy venue to set-up and with 1,800 people attending the event, which from what I can tell through the ROH website has 40 tickets remaining, it will be tight.

A crew of wrestlers are travelling to Preston, England for joint shows with Preston City Wrestling on 11/28, 11/29 and 11/30. Booker Delirious is part of the group. Once he gets back to the US he will be going straight to New York and setting up shop there all week. Court Bauer will be heavily involved all week as he lives in New Jersey. Joe Koff will be travelling back and forth throughout the week from Baltimore to NYC. On the Friday the rest of the crew other than production will travel down and on the Saturday all talent are expected to be in their hotel for the show the following day. ROH has canceled some talents indie dates that were scheduled the day before in case there is a storm like last year which almost saw Chris Hero miss the show.

Jerry Lynn will be working the event as an agent/backstage hand.

I'm surprised they're doing Cole vs. Briscoe again. You would have thought that was done at Supercard of Honor.

It never ended. It turned into The Kingdom vs. The Briscoes instead and then when Jay won the title off of Elgin it was either going to be Styles or Cole for Final Battle. They're apparently waiting on Styles until the 13th Anniversary or Supercard of Honor, so they may as well conclude Briscoe/Cole and the Fight Without Honor stipulation which is to ROH as Hell in a Cell is to WWE as a feud ender is the perfect way to do it.

Looks like a pretty decent card to me. Hope Addiction VS Bucks happens. Is Adam Page any good, haven't seen his work?

Dude is the future of ROH - which usually makes him the future of wrestling. Has a good look, cuts a good promo, has been used as a young boy of The Decade all year. He started off slow in ROH but recently his character development has been pretty awesome. The story is, is that in The Decade, Roderick didn't like him because they kept challenging him and he kept passing, but BJ Whitmer took a liking to Page and is now mentoring him. Roderick left The Decade because of Page attacking him and Jimmy Jacobs is just trying to keep the group together, but failing, so he's pissed at both Roddy and Page.

Its made for a really cool story.

B29vijyIYAE4RS9.jpg

ROH's Final Battle preview. Don't know if they're planning to have a longer one of these or not. The promos are all really good. Also loving the graphical look for the PPV.

fb14sixman.jpg

I love this match, I hadn't even contemplated something like this.

Its a great way to get Cedric and ACH on the card in a match people want to see, and it gives a little mix-up to the expected Addiction/Bucks match, which has already been done so many times in the last year, without having to add an unnecessary gimmick. This match gives Final Battle yet another potential show-stealer.

Now I really have to wonder what they're gonna do with Mark Briscoe and Hanson as I can't see them booking a rematch of their ASE meeting so quickly.

Maybe ROH has a surprise up their sleeve with a wrestler(s) who isn't yet booked on the card?

Perhaps Briscoe teams with Hanson, since both of their normal tag partners aren't available to them, against Whitmer and Jacobs. Hell, I could even buy that match happening and ending in a swerve where Mark turns and joins up as a new Decade member- they need to find something relevant to do with him if Jay continues to hold the title.

Now I really have to wonder what they're gonna do with Mark Briscoe and Hanson as I can't see them booking a rematch of their ASE meeting so quickly.

Maybe ROH has a surprise up their sleeve with a wrestler(s) who isn't yet booked on the card?

Perhaps Briscoe teams with Hanson, since both of their normal tag partners aren't available to them, against Whitmer and Jacobs. Hell, I could even buy that match happening and ending in a swerve where Mark turns and joins up as a new Decade member- they need to find something relevant to do with him if Jay continues to hold the title.

Are Taven & Bennett booked yet? I wouldn't be shocked if we see The Kingdom vs. Mark Briscoe & Hanson, or hell, throw Whitmer & Jacobs in there & make it a triple threat tag match.

Are Taven & Bennett booked yet? I wouldn't be shocked if we see The Kingdom vs. Mark Briscoe & Hanson, or hell, throw Whitmer & Jacobs in there & make it a triple threat tag match.

Taven and Bennett are in Japan competing in NJPW's World tag league. They won't be at Final Battle.

Wow. I know what match I'm skipping. ACH AND the Bucks in the same match? I don't wanna see it. Sorry for The Addiction, but ACH and the Bucks are God Awful.

I don't get how you can like Lucha Libre, which takes little to no talent and is all about silly spots, yet not like The Young Bucks. It's like liking oranges but not liking orange juice.

Taven and Bennett are in Japan competing in NJPW's World tag league. They won't be at Final Battle.

Well, so much for my idea then...

I don't get how you can like Lucha Libre, which takes little to no talent and is all about silly spots, yet not like The Young Bucks. It's like liking oranges but not liking orange juice.

Eh, I wouldn't say Lucha Libre takes little to no talent, that's a pretty aburd thing to say. I agree that it doesn't make sense how someone can like Lucha Libre & hate the Bucks so much though, maybe it's cause they don't worry colorful masks while doing there flippies & superkicks?:shrug:

I can't quite pinpoint it but there's just something about the Bucks I hate with a passion. Maybe they're such good heels, or maybe it's because they are heels yet their entire move-set are that of faces leading them to get more cheers than the faces they're wrestling, or maybe because they overuse the crotch chop. One of those three I think.

I can't quite pinpoint it but there's just something about the Bucks I hate with a passion. Maybe they're such good heels, or maybe it's because they are heels yet their entire move-set are that of faces leading them to get more cheers than the faces they're wrestling, or maybe because they overuse the crotch chop. One of those three I think.

Much like ACH, they have zero proper timing. All they care for is showing off that they can flip and be cocky.

Much like ACH, they have zero proper timing. All they care for is showing off that they can flip and be cocky.

And its led to them being one of the best teams in the world who've been given rubs by The Hardyz and The Dudleys, are one of the most successful acts to have not appeared in WWE in recent memory and who are consistently booked by two of the biggest promotions going where they're extremely over. Doing something, maybe everything, right.

ACH... yeah, he's meh, but makes for a good, exciting midcarder.

And its led to them being one of the best teams in the world who've been given rubs by The Hardyz and The Dudleys, are one of the most successful acts to have not appeared in WWE in recent memory and who are consistently booked by two of the biggest promotions going where they're extremely over. Doing something, maybe everything, right.

ACH... yeah, he's meh, but makes for a good, exciting midcarder.
Talk about luck over talent.

Briscoe and Cole on Busted Open radio today:

The hype for this match is working perfectly; I can't wait to watch Jay kick Cole's ass.

I love the old-school build-up to the match.

Meltzer notes in the Observer that there may be a surprise on the Final Battle PPV. Hes said that the schedule of the show has an empty slot and that It'll either be the announcement of the next joint ROH/NJPW shows, a promotion for GFW presents Wrestle Kingdom 9 or something totally off the wall. He hasn't discounted ROH having a surprise signing up their sleeve because this is the time of year Sinclair evaluate their performance and decide their budget for the year, which has raised every year since they purchased ROH and considering the year they've had and with all the shows already booked for next year, there could be a big money surprise on the show. Whichever it is, I think fans will win.

[YOUTUBE]8iX-61G16Wc[/YOUTUBE]​

So this is the final edition of Ring of Honor Wrestling before Final Battle, like BITW they've uploaded it online too. It's mostly promos and hype videos, but they're all pretty good. RD Evans cutting the best promo before Final Battle is both amazing and weird.

And as a bonus, reDRagon with The Fish Tank:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back