NJPW Returning to the US & Canada w/ Ring of Honor

The Dragon Saga

Whale in a Teardrop
4r5nqf.jpg
2po71qh.jpg

Ring of Honor Wrestling® (“ROH”) is happy to announce that we will once again partner with New Japan Pro-Wrestling® to present three must-see super shows for pro wrestling fans.

Details available at this time include the dates & locations of the three events. ROH & NJPW stars will be announced at a later date.

WAR OF THE WORLDS ’15 will be held Wednesday, May 13th, 2015 in Philadelphia at the 2300 Arena, formerly known worldwide as the ECW Arena. Tickets are on sale now for Ringside members now and go on sale to the general public Friday, February 27th @ 10am Est. Ringside members can get their pre sale code here.

GLOBAL WARS ’15 will be held on Friday, May 15th and Saturday, May 16th, 2015 at the Ted Reeve Arena, located in Toronto, Ontario. Tickets are on sale now for both events, and are available here.

The COO of ROH Joe Koff when asked about the events said: "We're very excited to once again bring the stars of New Japan to our great fans. New Japan Pro-Wrestling is a fantastic partner with exceptional wrestlers and we always strive to give our fans an experience of a lifetime. With these three stacked events, showcasing the best wrestlers in the world, we will do just that.”

As always, becoming a Ringside Member gets you there first! In addition to first-chance ticket sales, Ringside Membership gives you the first look at ROH TV online, exclusive content, merchandise discounts, and a lot more. To become a Ringside Member today, click HERE!

Follow ROH on Twitter: @RingofHonor
Like ROH on Facebook: FB.com/RingofHonor
Watch and learn about ROH: www.ROHWrestling.com
Learn more about New Japan Pro-Wrestling: http://www.njpw.co.jp/english/

Three big shows in one week. May 13th in Philly, May 15th & 16th in Toronto.

Samoa Joe vs. Shinsuke Nakamura, please and thanks.

Are there no arenas in the area bigger than the Hammerstein but smaller than the Barclays Cente or something? I just can't believe these guys can't get more than 5000 into a place for such a special attraction.

Fuck, its on a Wednesday?

What the shit, man.

Meltzer revealed this on last nights Observer Radio. Basically, the ECW Arena would have nothing booked on a Wednesday, so ROH probably got really cheap rent to do this and if they can sell the place out (lets be real, they could run the show on Christmas Eve, they'll draw a crowd) like they did for the TV taping the night before the Rumble, even with the costs of bringing the NJPW talent over It'll be the first step in making a profit from the weeks events.

Are there no arenas in the area bigger than the Hammerstein but smaller than the Barclays Cente or something? I just can't believe these guys can't get more than 5000 into a place for such a special attraction.

I've heard Meltzer talk about this before. Rent in NYC is extremely, extremely high literally everywhere, and ROH don't want anything to do with the Manhattan Center until they bring down the rent for the Hammerstein (apparently ROH management don't want to run the Grand Ballroom because they feel it's too small and too expensive for the size they get). Terminal 5 is where they want to run because Terminal 5 wants to expand their business and are hoping ROH will lead to even more wrestling, MMA and boxing shows, which apparently it has as they have a boxing and MMA show coming up there. So ROH get Terminal 5 at a cheaper rate, much cheaper than they were getting the Hammerstein, but of course Terminal 5 fits less people - and they'll need to put even less in there in the summer because of all the complaints Final Battle had.

It's all about money, sadly. I'd personally like it if they just ran somewhere in suburban NYC, like Syracuse where they have TV, or maybe even Brooklyn again. Remember the atmosphere ECW shows used to have in Asbury Park? That'd be awesome.

Please god let Joe be booked for these shows. Any of the the guys I listed in the thread about Joe leaving TNA would be amazing. Also let's hope Adam Cole is 100% by this time as well. And with three shows let's pray we get at least one high profile singles match from Kyle O'Reilly.

I'm gonna assume we'll get all or most of the Gaijin talent- AJ, Anderson, Gallows, Shelley(likely with KUSHIDA since I think he still may live in Canada), The Bucks, possibly K.E.S. and/or a returning Benjamin(if they're not too tied up in the NOAH storyline), and Omega if he and ROH don't still have heat. So hopefully a majority of those names can be present without effecting the number of Japanese talents who are brought in to appear.

I'm guessing Jado and Gedo are set in stone for obvious reasons. Beyond that, I can't wait to see who makes the list.

Surely everyone wants the "big three" back, but hopefully we can get some names that weren't part of last year's group- any guys from the field of Shibata, Goto, Ishii, Ibushi, Naito, Makabe, or Honma would be amazing to see. Marfuji could also be great to see if these shows don't interfere with any NOAH events. Also with Liger coming over for Mania weekend already, it would be cool to see either Nagata or Suzuki filling the role of legend for this year's tour.

I want to try to hold off on spitballing all of the crossover matches I'd love to see until I know what talent is going to be making the trip.

Is there really anyone left in ROH that Omega would have issues with?

Cary Silkin. That's who he had issues with. Said in a shoot interview he felt ROH put too much pressure on him and that it got to the point where he was busting his ass for ROH, at a time when ROH were working 3 or 4 shows every month and he was hurting himself, putting out great matches, but he sucked everywhere else he was so beat up. So he told Cary he either got more money or he left and Cary's response was something along the lines of, "you were nothing before we started booking you, why do you deserve a raise over everyone else in your position?", and Omega told him he wouldn't be taking anymore bookings for them again.

It's five years on, but in the shoot I saw which was released last August, he seemed pretty fucking bitter about it.

As for who I'd like, I assume they'll have five or so Japanese guys and then American guys who they can book for cheap. Kazuchika Okada, Shinsuke Nakamura, Tomohiro Ishii, Koti Ibushi and KUSHIDA would be awesome. Jado and Gedo will probably come over too because they're the bookers. Then you can book Gallows, Anderson and Shelley for cheap.

I love Jushin Thunder Liger but with him doing Supercard of Honor I'd prefer if they left him out. Bring over another legend like Yuji Nagata or Sakuraba, or even Minoru Suzuki. Leave Tiger Mask where he is.

Kevin Steen made the last one worthwhile but he - thankfully - died or something. Samoa Joe may fill a similar role for me.

Kevin Steen made the last one worthwhile but he - thankfully - died or something. Samoa Joe may fill a similar role for me.

Especially if, as Dragon Saga proposed in the OP, he takes Steen's spot against Nakamura.

Also Steen didn't die, he informed the crowd in Reseda at his PWG going away speech that he was heading to Mexico to help Generico at the orphanage.

Also Steen didn't die, he informed the crowd in Reseda at his PWG going away speech that he was heading to Mexico to help Generico at the orphanage.

Coincidentally I heard an orphanage ran by some scrawny dude in a mask who locals said couldn't speak Spanish or English was burned down and all that was left was some ginger dudes head, on a steel chair, with the words "Mr. Wrestling" wrote on it in blood. It looked something like...

xppu82.png

Doubt it's connected though.

Cary Silkin. That's who he had issues with. Said in a shoot interview he felt ROH put too much pressure on him and that it got to the point where he was busting his ass for ROH, at a time when ROH were working 3 or 4 shows every month and he was hurting himself, putting out great matches, but he sucked everywhere else he was so beat up. So he told Cary he either got more money or he left and Cary's response was something along the lines of, "you were nothing before we started booking you, why do you deserve a raise over everyone else in your position?", and Omega told him he wouldn't be taking anymore bookings for them again.

It's five years on, but in the shoot I saw which was released last August, he seemed pretty fucking bitter about it.

After I posted that, I was thinking about it and figured that Cary would be the only important person left that would cause him to not want to come back.

After I posted that, I was thinking about it and figured that Cary would be the only important person left that would cause him to not want to come back.

Yup. Meltzer says in the Observer that he doesn't have any names confirmed, but that Shinsuke Nakamura wants to return because of all the tweets and fans he has in the US especially after Wrestle Kingdom 9. Naito, who was supposed to be booked for Supercard of Honor is also expected back and that ROH wanted Kazuchika Okada back for a show late last year but didn't want to pay the expense, but will want him back too because he was the most over guy on last years tour.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

I may just go on ahead and go to this one alone. Fuck it.

I decided to do that for the Chicago show where Joe is coming back because my usual group can't make it. This would totally be worth it.

I've done that to several WWE & TNA shows, cause I have no friends out here that like wrestling, but thankfully this past December I converted my cousins 9 yr. old to a wrestling fan, so now he goes with me to the yearly house show that comes to town. Wrestling shows may not be as much fun alone, but they are still a hell of a fun time.

Would love to go to this, too bad it's not a weekend show, I'm a good 4 hour drive from Philly. Damn those camel loving days in the middle of the week.

I'm not sure who will come over for these shows, but I'd love to see Bullet Club in full force at these shows. At the very least I'm hoping for Kenny Omega to join the usual 5 members. Then of course hoping for Nakamura, Okada and Tanahashi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back