• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ROH's return to PPV is official, Final Battle, December 7

The Dragon Saga

Whale in a Teardrop
1264123_10152755723926328_6695306435579181247_o.jpg

101514fb14announcementrotor.jpg

New York, NY (October 15, 2014) – Ring of Honor Wrestling Entertainment, LLC (“ROH”) announced its return to live Pay-Per-View will be Ring of Honor: Final Battle 2014 emanating from New York City on Sunday December 7th at Terminal 5.

Witness the biggest show of the year as feuds culminate and ROH wrestlers compete live on Pay-Per-View. Watch one of ROH’s most prestigious events live at home via all major cable or satellite providers and witness next generation wrestling innovation, epic rivalries and world championship bouts.

A list of Pay-Per-View providers for Final Battle can be found at: http://www.rohwrestling.com/content/ppv-providers

Ring of Honor: Final Battle 2014 will feature the likes of: ROH World Champion Jay Briscoe, ROH World Tag Team Champions ReDragon, "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles, Matt Sydal, The Young Bucks, Christopher Daniels, Frankie Kazarian, Adam Cole, Mark Briscoe, ROH World TV Champion Jay Lethal as well as other elite wrestlers from ROH.

The start time for Ring of Honor: Final Battle 2014 is 8 p.m. ET / 5 p.m. PT. The event is rated TV-14 and will be available in High-Definition. The suggested retail price is $24.95 (SD).

Live event tickets for Final Battle are sure to sell out and only standing room on the balconies remain, so make sure purchase tickets now by clicking here.

For more information on Ring of Honor, visit: www.ROHwrestling.com
Follow ROH on Twitter: @RingofHonor
Like ROH at: Facebook.com/RingofHonor

Check your local listings to see where you can watch Ring of Honor TV each and
every week or subscribe and watch online at: www.ROHWrestling.com.

With the rumored main event matches to be Jay Briscoe vs. AJ Styles for the ROH World Championship and reDRagon vs. The Young Bucks vs. Kaz/Daniels for the tag titles, this is going to be one hell of a show.

That triple threat tag team match will blow anything the Usos/Wyatts have done all year.

I'm pumped for this, I might actually buy it.

That triple threat tag team match will blow anything the Usos/Wyatts have done all year.

I'm pumped for this, I might actually buy it.

Pretty much every tag match in either ROH or TNA have been more engaging than the tag scene in WWE right now. And I like the Dust Brothers

I'm not sure about what they will do with AJ, but I still think everything that ROH is building is pointing to Cole vs. Briscoe for the World Title as the next big showdown. Jay needs to beat Cole to get revenge for coming out on the wrong side(despite never being pinned) of their feud from the beginning of the year.

Until ROH gives me something different to go off of, I have to assume Cole and Jay is the Final Battle main event that will happen.

I'm gonna guess that AJ doesn't get his next chance at the title until either the Anniversary show or Mania weekend.

If they do it at the 13th Anniversary, which is also going to be a PPV, that's fine. But if they do it Mania Weekend, having seen where ROH is running that weekend, I'll actually be quite unhappy to tell you the truth.

Pretty much every tag match in either ROH or TNA have been more engaging than the tag scene in WWE right now. And I like the Dust Brothers

I wouldn't put it exactly like that. The Difference between ROH and the rest is that TNA has no tag team division and in the WWE every team but the Usos and whoever they decided to pair with them for that month are barely relevant. You know Usos/Dusts will put on a good match but twenty four hours later it won't matter, it's quite the opposite when reDRagon/Kaz & Daniels/Young Bucks are involved.

I wouldn't put it exactly like that. The Difference between ROH and the rest is that TNA has no tag team division and in the WWE every team but the Usos and whoever they decided to pair with them for that month are barely relevant. You know Usos/Dusts will put on a good match but twenty four hours later it won't matter, it's quite the opposite when reDRagon/Kaz & Daniels/Young Bucks are involved.

Yeah to be fair fuck knows who The Wolves are going to face next in TNA and honestly the only thing I remember from the Dust Bros vs The Usos was the Dust Bros promos. I remember the Bucks doing crazy shit from earlier this year in ROH

To be fair ROH tried to have a tag team orientated summer in 2013 when the World title was vacated, had Forever Hooligans become summer regulars, The Young Bucks returned, had reDRagon, The Wolves, but it didn't click. This year the tag division has been a highlight of every show, The Bucks/reDRagon rivalry especially.

I will probably check this out. I've never really been all that into RoH, but I've never really checked out one of their big shows in it's entirety. Seems like it should be a good show, so why not give it a shot.

Welp, I'm kind of sad, but I'm kind of not.

The tentative plans for ROH's 7/12 return to PPV with Final Battle have changed. I contacted AJ Styles' agent Bill Behrens last week and he told me that AJ and ROH were still in talks about him possibly working the event. AJ's available and the original plan, as far back as last June was for him to win the ROH World Championship on the show, but with what happened with Michael Elgin and Jay Briscoe winning the title Delirious now wants to go in a different route. Bill told Monday that AJ will next appear for ROH in Philadelphia on the 24/1 for a TV taping and has already been booked for ROH's Atlanta event. When I asked about the 13th Anniversary Show which will also be on PPV and takes place from Las Vegas on 1/3 he told me that nobody has been signed to that show except for ROH contracted talent as they're waiting to get Final Battle out of the way and then set-up a direction for the year.

The new plan for Final Battle's main event is Jay Briscoe defending the ROH title against Adam Cole, most probably in a Fight Without Honor. Last year their feud was intended to end at Supercard of Honor during Wrestlemania weekend but ROH have kept going back into it with the formation of The Kingdom stable. Briscoe never got his retribution on Cole so Final Battle will either be when he does it, or It'll be a way for the title to be put back on Cole. Cole's contract expires on 21/12 and WWE have been looking at him. Cole mentioned in a recent interview that he was interested in pursuing NJPW some more so it's possible he re-signs with ROH for another year and works more dates for NJPW.

As for the tag team titles, the plan since the summer was reDRagon defending against Kaz & Daniels and The Young Bucks but again plans seem to have changed. ROH have booked The Time Splitters, Alex Shelley & KUSHIDA for the show. reDRagon challenge them for the IWGP Jr. tag team titles on Sunay at Power Struggle so it's being considered that if reDRagon go over Time Splitters that they drop the ROH tag titles at Tag Wars in Baltimore to The Addiction or The Young Bucks and defend the IWGP. Jr. tag titles against Shelley & KUSHIDA in New York, with The Addiction vs The Young Bucks being for the ROH tag titles.

The other plans being discussed right now are Jay Lethal defending the TV title against Matt Sydal, Adam Page vs Roderick Strong which they began building to at the Lakeland, FL taping, Michael Elgin facing Delirious in a match where they actually acknowledge Delirious' backstage role which I'd be against, and as many have suggested it seems that they're building to Tommaso Ciampa vs Nigel McGuinness. Nigel is retired and has said he wouldn't come out of retirement due to all the injuries he suffered during his career but a show being on live PPV could have changed his mind.

Ignore him.

How could they pass up the chance to give AJ the ROH title? That would be such a huge benefit. He is more than likely gonna be at Wrestle Kingdom. Whichbis big exposure for the title on its own. Add to that, Jarretts convoluted scheme to air the show in the U.S. That another major PPV spot. And at a critical point too when TNA may not even be on TV anymore.

How could you not make AJ champ and have him show up with belt on Jan 4? That big buzz ROH can capitalize on.

I think they're going to wait, because this is a spoiler from ROH's Florida TV taping...

After the match AJ Styles took the microphone and said he'd had a great year back in ROH and that he wasn't going to stop. AJ promised he would win the ROH World title in 2015 and said to whoever is holding it, watch your back.

When will they wait until? They have the 13th Anniversary Show on PPV, Supercard of Honor on Mania Weekend will be a PPV, they're doing a PPV in Toronto next May that could be another ROH/NJPW show, so they have options. And it specifically mentions ROH's Atlanta show. Could AJ win the ROH World title in his home state?

First match announced for the PPV is reDRagon defending the ROH World Tag Team Championships against NJPW's The Time Splitters, KUSHIDA and Alex Shelley.

The ovation Alex Shelley will get may actually deafen some people.

I like Adam Cole as much as the next guy but the show is ruined without AJ Styles getting that title shot against Jay Briscoe.

That's such a sick match-up that hasn't happened in so many years. It's the one singles match ROH has right now that truly carries a "big fight" atmosphere with it.

I agree somewhat in the sense that I don't believe that Cole is walking out with the belt, the big show atmosphere just smells babyface gets the big "final" win.

I like Adam Cole as much as the next guy but the show is ruined without AJ Styles getting that title shot against Jay Briscoe.

That's such a sick match-up that hasn't happened in so many years. It's the one singles match ROH has right now that truly carries a "big fight" atmosphere with it.

The logic behind it is good though. Cole/Briscoe never had a true blow-off with Jay coming out on top. Their feud kept going after SCOH because they kept coming to blows through The Kingdom/Briscoes stuff, Jay winning the title at ASE VI means he needed a top challenger and right away they already had Cole there waiting for him.

Now they can do a Fight Without Honor and have the blow-off. No matter who wins the idea is that it being their biggest show of the year meshed with a good card, even without AJ, is going to get good buys. Then they STILL have the AJ Styles card in their pocket for a future event where they can just throw that out there and boom, good buys. They could use AJ for SCOH, 13th Anniversary, Best in the World, if they're going to be doing another NJPW crossover they could do it then - I personally see the sense behind it. Granted I'm disappointed he won't be there, especially since hes been pretty active for ROH in the second half of the year, but oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back