Revitalising the WWE

I know that this won't be a popular opinion but one of the thing i would do is to put a lot less focus on NXT

The biggest problem wwe has right now is that they can't create stars to save their life. Back before NXT became what it was, you didn't see what was going on in developmental, so it made the transition easier for thoses wrestlers because fans didn't have expectations about their favorite stars and wwe didn't use NXT bookings as a cructch to not come up with interesting bookings for thoses wrestlers.

So, i would keep NXT as a local promotion, use it to experiment and see what works and what doesn't work and then when they are ready, i would let called those wrestlers up to the main roster and introduce them properly to the wwe universe with vignettes or just let them do their thing by being making surprise arrival.

Also, go back to what made WWE so successful in the first place and that's being different from anybody else in wrestling.

Look at the 2 most successful era in wwe/f's history. In the 80's when all the territories where doing old school style wrasstlin, wwe when with over the top cartoonish characters with simple storytelling. It was a completly different product and got they killed the competition with it. Then look at the attitude era, while wcw was doing reality based wrestling, wwe went in a completly different direction with a more over the top adult oriented product and again they beat the competition. Now they are trying to be wrestling instead of going full on with the sports entertainment stuff. If i was them, i would go back to create over the top characters, go back to shorter matches and simple stories, use jobber matches on occassion and talk show segments to help advance storylines and stop doing 2,3 segments matches on raw and smackdown just to fill time. You need to be completely different from everything else that's out there right now instead of trying to be a more polish version of what is happening out there.
I get the whole nxt thing as the first proper group of nxt call ups were relatively unknown (maybe not so much Ambrose/Moxley and Black/Rollins) but the talk shows on each show ARE THE WORST!! Every time I see one start I switch off to the product :s

The reason I think they need to integrate NXT to the main audience is talent nd style based. Dream,Ciampa,Gargano,Keith Lee,Riddle,Undisputed Era,Ricochet,-Black-War Raiders,MMA4horsewoman and many more all are extremely talented. NXT like AEW features a whole different wrestling style and that style is the "in" thing in wrestling. If WWE integrated more of the NXT philosophy it would attract fans like me. NXT is supposed to be where you try to see what works like you said but WWE is not doing the things that get talent over on the main roster. The disconnect for a lot of fans is that an established NXT star is unknown to the main audience. What if the main audience got to see the rise of that character and then once they join the main roster they ascend up the card bc they are already established. WWE right now is struggling with having main event talent. I mean, they brought Dolph Ziggler in because there was no one else suitable to challenge Kofi since KO and DB are not going to SA. Thats a huge problem. Wrestling can gain its respect back by switching styles like what AEW will do. People will think wrestling is bad ass again once they make that switch-it will be the closest thing to resemble the attitude era/ECW movement.
Maybe WWE should promote NXT like they used to for 205 live and have a match on raw which furthers a key storyline but try and mix up different feuds each week. That would then establish some stars for when they do arrive on the ‘A shows’ and I think the casual fans may not be as muted when they see them on the main stage

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back