Revitalising the WWE

CrazyBobBacklund

Dark Match Winner
After one of the worst weeks of tv in recent WWE history and with the pending (And may I add exciting) arrival of AEW on the scenes I have been thinking about what Vince and Co said at the end of the year about handing power to the fans.

As a self admitting smark I’ve been thinking what I’d do to try and bring the buzz back to WWE.

I personally would reinstate King of the ring in June and base the storylines to each culminate at royal rumble, mania, king of the ring, summer slam and survivor series.

I would also bring a women’s show onto the network in hopes a cable company may pick it up using serious wrestling or total divas combined to help with storylines depending on feuds.

I would get rid of one of the two main titles for both men and women, one of the men’s tag titles and the US title swapping them all for a women’s mid card title and hardcore title with the champions floating between both shows. In addition I’d get rid of 205 live and bring in the cruiserweight titles to the main brands. This way everyone would have a title to aim for and not just be lost in the shuffle. There wasn’t a superstar that wasn’t in line for a championship at any point in the attitude era because of this.

I would give both raw and smackdown a kickoff show of 1hr and then get rid of the 3rd hour of raw. This would give time for interview segments and the odd lower card match airing both free on YouTube to bring in interest for sky etc.

I would cut the gap between the main shows on the network down to a Saturday and Sunday as all main broadcasters would have aired the shows by then and they’re still fresh for ppvs on the Sunday night.

I would bring HHH in alone as a figure on tv but as a commissioner role ala regal on nXt, Not as a sledgehammer (Or spade) wielding narcissist. There is Zero need for Shane or Steph on tv.

I would bring in more managers to hide some stars lack of mic talent. There is nothing wrong as well with being manager of several stars (see Heenan, Hart and wcws use of Heyman).

I would make the draft a proper draft again to gain hype to it, not just have stars arrive....hell they could even do it live in a network special then show highlights on each main brand show.

What would you all like to do or feel the WWE needs to do to help salvage back some of their fan base?

I would also get rid of the 3 man announce team. Have Renee host a kick off show and commentate the women’s show, bring in Kevin Kelly using him with a veteran for raw and use graves and a different veteran for smackdown. Also stop having Vince giving all the commentary word for word from the gorilla position. Commentary at the moment is a farce.

The problem is right now that

A) they have too many wrestlers under contracts
B) They have too much hours of content to produce
C) They have to find a middle grown between produce for the live audience and booking for the tv audience.

So let take each problem one after the others with the third one.

So, let'S face it, as bad as Raw is every week, you're selling out that arena every single week one way or the other. Fans they don't know what wrestling is know WWE and knows what WWE raw is. The brand name is pretty much what'S selling the product to fans at this point. So you don'T need to really gather to them anymore. So what i would do with that is quite simple actually. You have three hours every monday nights and 2 hour on tuesdays, (Friday starting in october) Use that time to actually create stars. Don't be scared to use the old squash matches to help some of the stars advance or advance story line. You don't need to have superstars vs superstars matches on every single segments to advance the story. IT a simple solution that would take a lot of pressure of the creative team if instead of booking multiple 2 or 3 segments matches that goes nowhere, you booked 4 or 5 squash matches during raw instead. It makes you superstars look like winners and give them a chance to show how good they are without hurting somebody else in the process.

Pretty much, if USA want three hours of raw every week, you can't really do anything about it, but if i was them and didn'T have that hurdle in front of me, i would have raw return to 2 hours. to show would be better for it. I also would use WWE main event and create another c level show for the smackdown low mid card guys to shine. Both would aired on the network before their respective show, so main event would be at 8 pm before raw since i would move raw back to it'S 9 pm timeslot, and superstars would be at 7 pm.

The too many wrestlers problem. I would look at everybody's contract on all 3 major brands. Look who i need for TV and who i need for live events and keep those wrestlers, everybody else would get release. i would streamline the shit out of that roster as i know that if i release like 30 or more wrestlers at once, they're might be max 5 or 6 of them that would be sign by AEW.

And talking about AEW, i wouldn't really worry about them as much as WWE seem to be worrying about them, i would focus on fixing those major problems instead. I would use the old vince Mcmahon moto of if you're not happy, i would gladly give you your release and go be unhappy elsewhere.

Enforce the brand extension. This is a no-brainer. There should be NO RAW stars appearing on SmackDown. No SmackDown stars appearing on RAW. Brand-exclusive PPVs except what would become the Big Six - WrestleMania, Royal Rumble, SummerSlam, Survivor Series, Money in the Bank, and Night of Champions. Cut RAW to two hours and treat the two shows as equal. Make the Draft an actual Draft again and have it be a HUGE deal, the only time stars move shows, and cut it to every other year.

Once that's taken care of, move on to the biggest problem - creating new stars. WWE only seems to use one method now - skyrocketing NXT people to the top. To save the company, they need to build new stars CORRECTLY, doing it slowly and carefully over a period of years, not months.

WWE would go out of business in literally a year. This is the most colossally stupid idea in the history of colossally stupid ideas.
Most stupid idea is a bit harsh but it’s true that even looking at the ghastly Saudi shows alone wwe reaps a ton of revenue plus normal ppv buy rates/ticket sales help wwe massively too

In my opinion, the roster is so stacked right now that they should bring the European title to the main roster again, and make a new mid card belt for SD, probably a TV title. This will give us more fueds to watch. Guys like Ali, Murphy, Balor can hold this belt.

WWE would go out of business in literally a year. This is the most colossally stupid idea in the history of colossally stupid ideas.

Focus on TV deals that would be the biggest earner and bring back the exclusive matches for live events that worked back in the Golden era; They may lose abit of finance from the network but its already been shown in their accounts that PPVs are no where near their most profitable area of the business.

Doubt a business would fail with a billion dollar tv deal?

'Member back when the WWE/WWF was fun?

These days, I have to pound Moxies to stay awake through an episode of RAW because it's as if every episode was written by a shoddy AI program.

I believe that to make prowrestling fun again, the WWE needs to focus its creative energy on individuals who have extensive experience in areas other than the transparent womb that is NXT. What would become the Hogan character started in AWA, what would become The Million Dollar Man character started in Mid-South, and what would become the Ultimate Warrior character started in WCCW.

The WWE, probably out of the fear that WCW put on them, is way too reliant on home-grown talent. I'm not saying that home-grown talent is always bad, but they tend to be the most vanilla of the entire talent roster.

Find the guys and gals that figured out how to connect with the crowds, and aren't spooked by crowds of 10,000+ people. Independent notoriety is all that smarks need to give someone a huge welcome pop. For me, I'm inspired to be more excited about someone if the crowd is more excited by them.

And for the love of God, stop pushing people as faces if the crowd fucking hates them. I'm not talking about a random crowd deciding that they don't like Hogan for one night, I'm talking about years of booing being thrown at Roman Reigns because the smarks felt that he stole Daniel Bryan's spot. Fucking improvise, and not just to toss us another cheap happy ending.

In my opinion, the roster is so stacked right now that they should bring the European title to the main roster again, and make a new mid card belt for SD, probably a TV title. This will give us more fueds to watch. Guys like Ali, Murphy, Balor can hold this belt.
I’m all for a European and tv title but just look at the United States and i/c title lately. The wwe would have to book it right just so they don’t get lost in the shuffle

'Member back when the WWE/WWF was fun?

These days, I have to pound Moxies to stay awake through an episode of RAW because it's as if every episode was written by a shoddy AI program.

I believe that to make prowrestling fun again, the WWE needs to focus its creative energy on individuals who have extensive experience in areas other than the transparent womb that is NXT. What would become the Hogan character started in AWA, what would become The Million Dollar Man character started in Mid-South, and what would become the Ultimate Warrior character started in WCCW.

The WWE, probably out of the fear that WCW put on them, is way too reliant on home-grown talent. I'm not saying that home-grown talent is always bad, but they tend to be the most vanilla of the entire talent roster.

Find the guys and gals that figured out how to connect with the crowds, and aren't spooked by crowds of 10,000+ people. Independent notoriety is all that smarks need to give someone a huge welcome pop. For me, I'm inspired to be more excited about someone if the crowd is more excited by them.

And for the love of God, stop pushing people as faces if the crowd fucking hates them. I'm not talking about a random crowd deciding that they don't like Hogan for one night, I'm talking about years of booing being thrown at Roman Reigns because the smarks felt that he stole Daniel Bryan's spot. Fucking improvise, and not just to toss us another cheap happy ending.
I feel the wwe has already done this with aj, Nakamura, Joe, Owens, black, zayn, Goldberg just to name a few

What surged ratings back in the day? NWO, DX, The Cooration etc.. Dominant Factions

Factions that should be formed - may cause some roster changes

Female 4 Horsewomen on Smackdown
Charlotte, M. James, Mandy, & S. Deville
* And when Tessa Blanchard's contract runs out sign her and have her replace James

New Wyatt Family - Raw
Bray, Braun, B. Dallas, & N. Cross (possessed by Sister Abigail)
* Stroman is terrible and stale as a face. But the Brothers together with the monster & the demented sister. It's GOLD!!!!

New Legacy - Smackdown
Orton & The Undisputed Era

Best in the World Group
Shane, McIntyre, The Bar, & Lashley

C) They have to find a middle grown between produce for the live audience and booking for the tv audience.

An area of compromise or possible agreement between two extreme positions, especially political ones.
*buzzz
What is grown?
No.No that is not it
*buzz
What is Middle Ground
Ah, yes sir. and what did he wager?
Well folks, it looks like you are going home a millionaire!
Thank you Alex

I would create a sense of competition within the roster. I think there should be more stables with main event talent. Back in the day everything was so fun because there were groups led by main event talent that were going back and forth with each other. It didnt matter what any authority did because the guys had an attitude like go ahead fire me-and it would never happen. The viewer got the sense that anything can happen cuz these wrestlers dont care about what threats management has bc they know they are entertaining and is what drives the business.I would bring the real life issues with talent feeling unwanted on the roster to the television screen. People are unhappy, what do you do when you are unhappy? You go tear s hit up. You can have the authority figures try to keep everything aligned properly but there is just chaos everywhere. They have so many writers that can write this type of thing. WWEs characters are done the way they were before the attitude era. Why the attitude era was so great was because it showed the attitude of the individual behind the name. That was a huge reason wrestling got so big because guys were turned all the way up. Nowadays if you turn it up you get fired. Wrestling is not what it used to be, there needs to be total change all across the board for things to be different.

The thing that drives me crazy is how meaningless the brand split has been. What in the world is the point of a brand split or a superstar shakeup, only to turn around and establish a wild card rule where the wrestlers can come and go as they please? Like Aquaman said, have a draft and make it actually mean something or don't have a brand split at all. Since they will never wise up on that one, I say get rid of the brand split altogether. Also get rid of the 3rd hour of Raw. Less is more, in my opinion.

Now, when the brand split is meaningless, it effectively makes some of the championships equally meaningless. I don't like there being 2 sets of tag team championships at all. The tag team division is barely strong enough to justify one championship, let alone 2. With no brand split anymore, these would be my championships:

Men's titles:

1. WWE World Heavyweight Championship
2. Intercontinental Championship
3. United States Championship
4. Tag Team Championship
5. Cruiserweight Championship

Women's titles:

1. WWE Women's Championship
2. Midcard Women's (Intercontinental/Television) Championship
3. Women's Tag Team Championship

So I'm getting rid of the hideous Universal Championship and the 2nd set of tag team belts. The IC Title moves back up into its rightful place as the 2nd most important men's championship. Honestly I would do this regardless if there were a brand split or not.

Then there's my final issue of the ppv schedule. It was bad enough when there was 1 event between the Royal Rumble and WrestleMania, but now we have both Elimination Chamber and Fastlane, and that's just ridiculous. Plus I would completely scrap ppvs like TLC and Extreme Rules and instead bring back WCW classics as well as King of the Ring. This is how my ppv schedule would look:

January - Royal Rumble
April - WrestleMania
May - Money in the Bank
June - King of the Ring (winner gets a championship match at SummerSlam)
July - The Great American Bash
August - SummerSlam
September - Clash of Champions
October - Halloween Havoc (hell in a cell matches would take place here when necessary for a certain feud, not just because of the time of year)
November - Survivor Series (the occasional elimination chamber match could take place here as well the traditional elimination matches)
December - Starrcade

Here's my Revitalising the WWE Checklist:

- First, some small but important changes:
- NO MORE COMMERCIALS DURING MATCHES! Damn well kills any chance of suspending disbelief that these are actual competitive matches. When you are watching the NHL Playoffs, do they cut to a commercial while the play is in action and there is a frenzy in front of the net with 5 minutes to go in the game? NO. I don't care what network strings you have to pull, you have to find a way to put commercials before or after matches, not during.

- Along those lines, need to change Raw from 3 to 2 hours. Less is more.

- Another thing, that is small, but important would be giving matches time limits! Even if it's like New Japan where pretty much every match has a 60 min. time limit and no match is going to get close, the fact they have a time limit gives the match more of a legit sports appearance. They could either just announce it a few times that matches have 60 min. time limits, unless otherwise stated, and/or include it in the match up graphic what the time limit is. Once commentators and announcers have mentioned it enough it doesn't need to be said every match, but fans would at least know there is a time limit.

- Also, WWE also needs to treat the show more like a legitimate sport by having more quick but simple and to-the-point pre or post match interviews/promos. Just like real sports. But, this also means that the talent need to be able to talk. Guys like Kevin Owens, Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Orton, Rollins, Miz, etc. can talk and be able to add a bit more to any particular feud or storyline just from a pre or post match interview just like people who saw these guys on the "WWE Exclusive" backstage interviews that never get shown on WWE TV. (which is too bad, since they are the best promos, usually) And if a guy can't really talk that well - they need to make it short and sweet or get a manager.

- Brand split:
- Keep brand split because they have a large enough roster, but if they 'need' to have talent from either show face each other make it very rare and 'shocking' rather than a common, every week affair

- Instead of a Wild Card rule, like real sports, allow for GM to GM trades of talent throughout the year, or even just a certain times of the year. That way, it's not so common, and doesn't NEED to happen, but can happen if necessary and still seem like a legit sporting operation. Also, have a Post-WM Draft

- Titles:
- With brand split in effect, separate titles for each show make sense but they need to LOOK GOOD and prestigious too! So, first of all, update the Universal Title so it doesn't look like it's on a Fruit Rollup. I've seen GREAT Universal Title concepts online, and created through WWE 2k games. Almost any of those would be better than the current title.

- I liked the old brand split separation of tag titles with World Tag Title and WWE Tag Title. I just felt they both sounded prestigious but didn't mention a particular brand so that it didn't matter what brand you were on, it was still a worthy title to hold. Plus, I absolutely hate the tag title designs. They truly look like cheap toys. I laughed because commentators would slip up and say "this competitor really wants to win that tag team gold!" and I'm like "You know there is no gold anywhere to be seen on those titles?". So bring back nice, gold-based designs for titles.

- For Women's Titles I would say instead of Smackdown Women's / Raw Women's Title, I would change them to World Women's Championship and WWE Women's Championship. As for the Tag Team Titles, I would have them on one show, feud with women there and then have them traded to the other show throughout the year. Yes, the Women's Tag Title Champions should be traded back and forth as needed. But, key word is "as needed". If they are having great feuds on one show, then they could stay all year, if not, they can trade to the other show.

- If they want SmackDown and Raw to be separate shows and treated both as special, then Smackdown has to have or do something distinctly different than Raw. While I was about to say WWE should reinvest in major credible factions again, that help structure a better narrative across a show and multiple weeks, I think Raw should still be able to do that, but have the freedom to create and break up factions as needed, I have another slightly more radical idea for SmackDown.

- SmackDown going to a new network is a chance for a fresh start, and on Fox which has team sports like football and hockey, I think a more team-approach to presentation might really work. So my idea for SmackDown would be that they put the whole roster of talents into teams, with names (yes, like factions), but every talent is in one. They could simplify it by saying each team has 4 members (can include one female, or females can be in their own 4-person groups). Or, they could keep it open ended by saying teams can have a minimum of 3 members and a maximum of 6. They can continue team names that already exist like The New Day and The Bar (adding one to three more members) or come up with new names like The Hotshots or The MAIN-iacs.

- Also, for SmackDown to have another nice, unique piece to the puzzle, in addition to showing 205 Live on the Network after the show, they should have one "205 Live Showcase Mach" where the 205 Live stars compete and can show more casual audiences what they have to offer. Because honestly, I pretty much forget and don't know about most of the 205 Live stars until maybe a PPV and I see who they are matched up against. But, they can be very entertaining so they need a main show spotlight.

- Presentation / PPVs:

- First of all, the overall presentation of WWE needs to kick up a notch. I'm not sorry, I miss pyro and unique sets at PPVs. Not saying WWE has to go crazy again with pyro but at least SOMETHING at the beginning of the show and letting talents have pyro go off in entrances again would be cool

- And unique sets for PPVs should come back. Remember the Backlash set with those big spikey claw-like things near the entrance? Or the Armageddon set with the fiery buildings? Or WCW's Halloween Havoc or Bash and the Beach unique sets and locations? Those made PPVs feel like truly special events! And for many PPVs WWE could just bring back classic ones. I feel like, if they weren't broke, don't fix them. Only thing broke about old PPV names was they lost their luster with PG and uninspired feuds. Nothing wrong with most of the old PPV names.

My PPV schedule would look something like this:

- January: Royal Rumble (dual-branded)
- February: No Mercy (SmackDown)
- March/April: Wrestlemania (dual-branded)
- May: Backlash (Raw)
- June: Money in the Bank (dual-branded)
- July: The Bash (SmackDown)
- August: Summerslam (dual-branded)
- September: Armageddon (Raw)
- October: Halloween Havoc (dual-branded)
- November: Survivor Series (dual-branded)
- December: Starrcade (SmackDown)

You might say, why does SmackDown get three brand exclusive PPVs and Raw only get two? Well, Raw is still gonna be the 'flagship' show, so on the dual-branded shows, it will likely get top billing and most of the space on the card. Plus, with it being the flagship Monday Night Live show, it will have many opportunities to have PPV-like shows on Monday Nights with huge title matches and events. Not that SmackDown can't do that either, but sometimes it is smart to give away a great match on free TV on Raw if it can lead to a more interesting feud and prolong a storyline through to the next PPV that Raw participates in. I remember Raw during the AE doing big title matches, seemed like every single week. So, it can be done.

- The last thing here, really, I think makes a big difference but means less micromanaging ... but let the talents, the wrestlers create more storylines for themselves with more of the words coming from them with 'bullet points' on where "Creative" would like the story to go, but less stringent on every single word being accurate. Also allow natural heat or fan support to flourish. If someone is being booed as a babyface, turn them heel, if they are being cheered, give them a push and see what happens. Again, coming full circle - less is more!

Even if WWE is trying to market to kids, remember kids still really enjoyed the Attitude Era, especially WCW which wasn't even that 'extreme', yet it still had a certain attitude that made it cool, controversial, and fun. Bring that back to WWE and it might not seem like such a kiddy show to more people.

Last edited:
Alsoo I think NXT needs to be introduced to the average fan. Lets say if Smackdown moved to three hours or if FS1 had another hour of wrestling they could introduce top NXT talent along with the N.American title and NXT championship. This would be a better fit for their system of developing characters. What if the whole gargano-ciampa feud played out on Smackdown. They need to find a better way to make NXT available more people.

Introduce NXT to the television audience. Make the audience aware of the talent in NXT so the transition to the main roster is smooth. This would build the credibility to the NXT talent and talent can be properly developed for the main roster. Right now it seems like you can do all these great things in NXT but once they get to the main roster they have no identity and start out so low in the card.
Guys like Dream,Ciampa,Riddle- those guys cant afford to go to the main roster and have growing pains. These guys are pure stars and if they go to the main roster and do the EC3-then those guys would be outta here. They aint gonna stick around with the WWE if they arent booked properly once AEW is running.

It seems that no matter what any fans think Vince will live the rest of his years just trolling us.

(Warning spoilers!!)

Money in the Bank has been such a depressing watch! Can anyone truly say that they enjoyed the entire show. Give props to the women’s ladder match, they tried unique stuff, even if the end was a bit plain. Also as expected both main title matches were fair enough (for me the Kofi train is losing steam and dropping the belt to a heel Owens wouldn’t be the worst idea).

I think it’s apt Lacey Evans wore green as my got she lacks skill and isn’t ready for the main roster, let alone the title picture!

It’ll be interesting to see how they portray Bailey as champ on smackdown but it’s not the worst idea.

The Lars angle is getting boring, he needs to get into a proper feud but he’s not ready for main roster yet in my opinion. Plus you could have used this segments time for another championship match.

It’s disgraceful that the raw tag titles and women’s tag titles didn’t even feature! It’s like wwe are trying to devalue them even more!!

That then brings me to the men’s mitb match.......
Why bring Lesnar back?... why not follow the same story of last night and the surprise be the returning wyatt? I’d style for that....or have four guys who deserve to be in the title picture, say Roode, Cesaro, Nakamura and Rusev fight on the pre-show for that last spot after zayn gets that treatment a bit earlier??

But noooo it always has to be bloody BROCK LESNAR!! What a joke

Bring on Saturday night and take a gamble on Vegas!

I liked what I saw from Raw last night. The 24/7 Title is going to be fun. It will be tired and old and forgotten now and again but it should add life to some of these long shows. I expect Truth will promote the excitement of it by explaining how it can be defended at any time "24 days of the month, 7 hours a day".

The wild card stuff breaks up the monotony of the same match ups. I don't know how I would feel if I bought a ticket to a house show on that night but it is better to have more of a mix up on TV for me as a viewer.

I really liked seeing Brock with the case. I know he had worn out his welcome but I think the case gives him new life. Just the fact that he stayed for a whole show was shocking. Usually it is one segment and that's that. Having him lurking is good stuff.

Did anyone else think Seth was going to knockout Kofi with a chair ala Shield break up while Lesnar circled the ring?

I liked Alexa holding a cup of coffee. Clever.

I still wish Raw didn't have to be so long but I get that they like getting paid.

I liked what I saw from Raw last night. The 24/7 Title is going to be fun. It will be tired and old and forgotten now and again but it should add life to some of these long shows. I expect Truth will promote the excitement of it by explaining how it can be defended at any time "24 days of the month, 7 hours a day".

The wild card stuff breaks up the monotony of the same match ups. I don't know how I would feel if I bought a ticket to a house show on that night but it is better to have more of a mix up on TV for me as a viewer.

I really liked seeing Brock with the case. I know he had worn out his welcome but I think the case gives him new life. Just the fact that he stayed for a whole show was shocking. Usually it is one segment and that's that. Having him lurking is good stuff.

Did anyone else think Seth was going to knockout Kofi with a chair ala Shield break up while Lesnar circled the ring?

I liked Alexa holding a cup of coffee. Clever.

I still wish Raw didn't have to be so long but I get that they like getting paid.

The 24/7 title contradicted its rules in the first minute when Foley said it was a 24/7 title then ten seconds later he said it’s only defended on the 3rd hour of raw.

The wild card rule is only there for people in the title pictures, your names Roman or if your anything to do with Shane :s

My solution for the revitalization of the WWE product is as follows:

Championships
WWE Heavyweight Championship - All WWE and NXT brands
24/7 Championship - All WWE and NXT brands
Intercontinental Championship - RAW
United States Championship - SD
Women's Championship - RAW
Women's Tag Team Championship - RAW
Men's Tag Team Championship - SD
Cruiserweight Championship - SD

Pay-Per-Views - With Full Production and a culmination of storylines - 4 hour pay-per-views
Jan - Royal Rumble
Apr - Wrestlemania
Jun - Backlash
Aug - Summerslam
Oct - Bad Blood
Nov - Survivor Series

Network Specials - Less productions and special events that culminate in a "reward" - 2 to 3 hour events.
Feb- Money in the Bank - Women, Men, and Tag Team matches.
Mar - Clash of the Champions - WWE vs. NXT Champions
May - Queen of the Ring (2 night event) Winner gets championship match Summerslam.
July - King of the Ring (2 night event) Winner gets championship match at Summerslam.
Sep - Greatest Royal Rumble - 50 men and 30 women rumbles with winners getting $500,000.
Dec - Starrcade - Featuring Wargames

Creative Teams
Head Booker for RAW should be Bruce Prichard, Head Booker for SD should be Paul Heyman, and Head Booker for NXT should be HHH. Vince McMahon continues to oversee, but he doesn't have complete control over product. Product needs to have a sense of unpredictability, championship matches and feuds are built up to the point where there needs to be a winner. Stipulation matches need to be used to progress a feud and blood needs to be introduced to create the sense of realism (i.e. steel cage matches, or multiple chair shots). Eliminate the need to have a stipulation match as a pay-per-view feature (hell in a cell or elimination chamber).

Brand Extension
If it continues it must be utilized properly. Having exclusive divisions on each show helps to keep the brands fresh, and makes for must watch programming. If you can only watch the cruiserweights on SD then you'll tune in. Same with having the women on RAW. Talent that can work on both brands should be the only group eligible for draft each year and shouldn't been seen on multiple shows. Treat NXT like a third brand and build up their talent and allow other RAW and SD talent to be drafted to NXT.

I know that this won't be a popular opinion but one of the thing i would do is to put a lot less focus on NXT

The biggest problem wwe has right now is that they can't create stars to save their life. Back before NXT became what it was, you didn't see what was going on in developmental, so it made the transition easier for thoses wrestlers because fans didn't have expectations about their favorite stars and wwe didn't use NXT bookings as a cructch to not come up with interesting bookings for thoses wrestlers.

So, i would keep NXT as a local promotion, use it to experiment and see what works and what doesn't work and then when they are ready, i would let called those wrestlers up to the main roster and introduce them properly to the wwe universe with vignettes or just let them do their thing by being making surprise arrival.

Also, go back to what made WWE so successful in the first place and that's being different from anybody else in wrestling.

Look at the 2 most successful era in wwe/f's history. In the 80's when all the territories where doing old school style wrasstlin, wwe when with over the top cartoonish characters with simple storytelling. It was a completly different product and got they killed the competition with it. Then look at the attitude era, while wcw was doing reality based wrestling, wwe went in a completly different direction with a more over the top adult oriented product and again they beat the competition. Now they are trying to be wrestling instead of going full on with the sports entertainment stuff. If i was them, i would go back to create over the top characters, go back to shorter matches and simple stories, use jobber matches on occassion and talk show segments to help advance storylines and stop doing 2,3 segments matches on raw and smackdown just to fill time. You need to be completely different from everything else that's out there right now instead of trying to be a more polish version of what is happening out there.

The reason I think they need to integrate NXT to the main audience is talent nd style based. Dream,Ciampa,Gargano,Keith Lee,Riddle,Undisputed Era,Ricochet,-Black-War Raiders,MMA4horsewoman and many more all are extremely talented. NXT like AEW features a whole different wrestling style and that style is the "in" thing in wrestling. If WWE integrated more of the NXT philosophy it would attract fans like me. NXT is supposed to be where you try to see what works like you said but WWE is not doing the things that get talent over on the main roster. The disconnect for a lot of fans is that an established NXT star is unknown to the main audience. What if the main audience got to see the rise of that character and then once they join the main roster they ascend up the card bc they are already established. WWE right now is struggling with having main event talent. I mean, they brought Dolph Ziggler in because there was no one else suitable to challenge Kofi since KO and DB are not going to SA. Thats a huge problem. Wrestling can gain its respect back by switching styles like what AEW will do. People will think wrestling is bad ass again once they make that switch-it will be the closest thing to resemble the attitude era/ECW movement.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back