• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Return of the Casual Wrestling Fan-- And Why They Can Fuck Right Off

Uncle Sam

Rear Naked Bloke
time to get back into wrestling. the best thing wrestling has EVER seen.

He said he is back for good. This can only be good for WWE, I mean, The Miz is WWE champion...

The Rock is awesome. Ever since he left I stopped watching wrestling. Shit ain't as interesting as it used to be when he was there.

The Rock was so awesome. Who do they have now? Randy Orton? John Cena? Pretenders.

I stopped watching the WWF after he left. Perhaps the most charismatic motherfucker of all time.

The guy was hilarious. The best ever IMO. I was never a wrestling fan, but I would stop anytime I surfed past wrestling and he was talking.

The Rock really is a great entertainer. I haven't watched wrestling in ages, but the Rock was definitely the one of the best back in the day.

Ah yeah, the Rock. Now that I think about it my interest in pro wrestling dwindled as The Rock was getting into movies more. So I guess I'm in the same boat as a lot of folks.

Fuck, I loved that era of wrestling, the Texas Rattlesnake, the People's Champion, the Game, Mick Foley, the Hardy boys/Dudley boys insane PPV matches, I even liked Undertaker as the American Bad Ass.

Fuck now I have to watch wrestling again.

I haven't watched wrestling in like, 6 or 7 years at least. But I've gotta admit... that was awesome. Fuck yeah, The Rock is back.

Fuck the Attitude Era and fuck people that only tune in to watch The Rock. I've criticised the Miz and Orton and Cena as much as the next guy, but I have the right - I didn't run away as soon as The Rock left.

PG for life.

No fucking shit Sam.

Cena fucking schooled Rock with his cliche catchphrases that we've heard a dime a dozen before. A lot of them are talking shit that they know absolutely nothing about.

Fucking dipshits. It annoys me to no end that these ***** are being catered to by Vince.

The Attitude Era is more overrated than Alberto Del Rio. While everyone else was excited to see Bret Hart vs. Hulk Hogan on Jan. 4th, I was shaking mah head.

As Cena said on Monday (paraphrased): Rock says he loves the fans but we haven't seen him in seven years. Cena is there every week to show his love of them.

Right on with this Sam. Attitude Era fan boys that are coming back to watch the Rock can fuck right off for all I care.

As Cena said on Monday (paraphrased): Rock says he loves the fans but we haven't seen him in seven years. Cena is there every week to show his love of them.

I felt awesome when he said that. I was worried that everyone was going to turn on Cena now that The Rock was back, but I'm glad he basically called everyone on it. The Rock is entertaining, but Cena worked his fucking ass off for this buisness. He doesn't deserve to be abandoned so quickly.

Those who are just going to tune in for The Rock can go to hell.

I really do think we, The IWC, as a community should unite as one, put our difference aside and all root for Cena, and send a message that the business was fine with the Rock and perfectly fine without it. And to these wankers who haven't kept on on wrestling show for longer then 5 mins that pro wrestling did not die after Rocky ran away to make Race To Witch Mountain.

Everyone, RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAPPADAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

WWE shouldn't have sold out during the attitude era like some cheap second rate rock band. PG was the original wwe, and no good indie band should be able to produce music that deviate from when they first came out! When you sellout you attract the scums who know nothing!

ROCKY ROCKY ROCKY ROCKY

Ruthless Aggression still has to be my favourite. Although I get Sam's post, and I reiterate his statement...

Fuck the Attitude Era!

Fuck the Attitude Era and fuck people that only tune in to watch The Rock. I've criticised the Miz and Orton and Cena as much as the next guy, but I have the right - I didn't run away as soon as The Rock left.

PG for life.

Word. Casual fans can go back to their non-WWE watching schedule and leave it to us. And the Attitude Era can stay in the past. :suspic:

I'm happy he's back, Booker's back, Austin's back, Trish, etc... but fuck it, casual fans or those who came back solely to squeal over the Rock just rub me the wrong way. Cena's got my support.

I dont see the problem with more people tuning in the see The Rock, if they have lost interest in recent years and see something that makes them interested again then thats great.

Hopefully some of these returning viewers will see something else they enjoy in the product and continue watching after WM. Most probably will not, but any extra fan and viewer is good news for the WWE. More viewers = higher ratings= more PPV buys= more profit for WWE.

More people watching wrestling is a good thing, no matter what they are tuning in to see. So welcome back former fans, enjoy The Rock, but please have a look at the other new talent in the WWE and I hope you enjoy it.

I am Attitude Era fan, but I still enjoy the product today...but most people are not as passionate about wrestling as I am, and weren't back in the late 90s early 2000s either. Lots of my friends are watching WWE again because Rock returned, and I like that fact.

ROCKY! ROCKY! ROCKY!

I've been a fan since the attitude era but after going back and watching some late 90's PPVs I realize how shitty they actually are. Of course I love the Rock and I would want him to go over Cena if they had a match but in the PG era WWE really does present their PPVs a lot better.

The Attitude Era is more overrated than Alberto Del Rio. While everyone else was excited to see Bret Hart vs. Hulk Hogan on Jan. 4th, I was shaking mah head.

Yep. As a whole, the Attitude Era wasn't all it's cracked up to be. But, I did find the top guys (Austin, Rock, Mick, HHH) to be more entertaining than the guys out there right now (Cena, Orton, Miz, Edge, Del Rio, whoever).

I'm not a big fan of Cena, but he's loyal, and busts his ass. I was actually pleased with how nice the fans were to him during his "response." I still find The Rock to be twice as entertaining as Cena, but he catches a bogus deal when being compared with his predecessors.

As a decidedly non-casual fan of wrestling, allow me to say the Attitude Era still shits on the last 7-8 years in the WWE easily and without effort, even if the in-ring product has become much better over the years. You can't beat that insane excitement and atmosphere of electricity they had every week on RAW. The only time you get to feel that electricity again is every year at 'Mania, but it was like that every WEEK man.

That's right, a smarky smark puro-lover who will also defend the Attitude Era to his death. I am quite the conundrum.

There was nothing more exciting that the last 20 minutes of an Attitude Era RAW, you never knew what the fuck was going to happen during the overrun, and you where always left hanging on something that made you want to come back next week.

As a decidedly non-casual fan of wrestling, allow me to say the Attitude Era still shits on the last 7-8 years in the WWE easily and without effort, even if the in-ring product has become much better over the years. You can't beat that insane excitement and atmosphere of electricity they had every week on RAW. The only time you get to feel that electricity again is every year at 'Mania, but it was like that every WEEK man.

That's right, a smarky smark puro-lover who will also defend the Attitude Era to his death. I am quite the conundrum.

It was great, sure. However, I don't have time for people that only jump back in while The Rock's cutting a promo and then start complaining about everything without the benefit of context.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back