• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Report/Rumor: John Cena Taking Time Off?

As we all know Cena is set to be out for the next 4-6 months. On the surface, this will appease a lot of the 'cool members' of the IWC that hate Cenas guts, but less we forget, that crowd at Madison SQ Garden for the Rumble in 08 when they blew the roof off when number 30 came out....:lmao:

I personally will miss Cena. He isn't my favourite character at all but I don't think he is a slouch in the ring and I do actually like him on the Mic, his work with Bryan the other week was fantastic. I think Raw programming will suffer with him not been on. Be interesting to see if Bryan can carry the weight on his shoulders...

I have tickets for the UK tour in November and taking my 4 year old. He was already upset over Sheamus missing the tour, but now I have to tell him Cena won't be there either!!!! I just hope Rey makes it...

Not I, said the Jake.

Even if you're a massive Cena fan surely you're not going to be upset that Cena is going to take a few months off. This is only a good thing for WWE. The promotion isn't going to crumble in his absence. Anyway, last time he missed a PPV Ryback was almost made into a star. With 4-6 (likely 2 because Cena doesn't sell anything for as long as he should) maybe somebody else has chance to step up. Maybe that young upstart Daniel Bryan or that handsome Randy Orton fella.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder

Cena will return at a ppv to aid in a Bryan v McMahon/ HHH/ orton match of some sort

Then watch that pop.

It would not surprise me to aid in a way not expected.

And to be honest knowing he was having surgery made it quite cool he was there last night. I wish he had aided Bryan at end.

Love him or hate him he will be missed because he such a big part of raw

I like Cena and I don't think the show will be better off without him but I do think this has two upsides. One is that Orton and Bryan are going to get a chance to see if they can carry the Raw ball and it sets up an exciting return angle which will blow the roof off, even if the crowd turn on him again 2 minutes later.

Absolutely yes. The dude has been carrying the show for 5-7 years now and is the main reason I tune in every single week. Cena has his critics but at the end of the day, he is a huge part of Raw and him being missing WILL be noticeable regardless of what the haters would like to think and say.

He will be missed and when he returns, it will be stronger than ever. It will be similar to his 2008 return when MSG (of all places) probably the loudest of his career. It will be a great moment and one that I am looking forward to! As far as others carrying the show, lets just hope WWE don't screw this new angle up with Bryan and Orton. I fully expect CM Punk to be put back into that main event slot soon. Once he is done with Axel, maybe a feud with Orton? Maybe a triple threat match.

I for one will not miss John Cena at all... The guy has been on my tube for way to long and now it's Orton and Daniel's turn to show they can run things. I Hate Cena with a passion but was happy to see him lose clean to daniel bryan... perhaps if i had seen more clean loses maybe I wouldn't hate the Cena character so much.

And yes I know it is scripted that's why I wrote "Character" above. I am truly excited about raw now and for once cena is not the headline in a major angle right now, It's like a breath of fresh air. Daniel Bryan has never really been big with me until now, lets see what he can do.

I'll miss him, and am already starting to figure what they might have planned when he gets back. I've been looking for him to go heel for a long time now and wonder if the match-up with the hottest property in WWE right now (Daniel Bryan) at Summerslam wasn't going to be the vehicle that took him there. Instead, since they knew before the PPV that Cena would be taking a few months off, they finished the match with John behaving in honorable fashion, since there was little sense in having him go bad.....only to leave active duty the day after the match.

Of course, it might be difficult to turn him evil immediately upon his return. When an important performer returns after a long absence, fans are usually happy to see him....and he has at least a brief run as a fan favorite before showing his true colors. In Cena's case, however, I'd love if his initial appearance back features him displaying an attitude change: "During these past months of inactivity, all I could think of is how badly you people treated me."......and let Creative dictate the course from there.

This scenario might seem unlikely, yet it would certainly be awkward to have him show up 4-6 months from now.....make an unexpected save of some outnumbered good guy...... and have the fans immediately start booing him again, which is probably what would happen. (Can't you just see Cena showing up as a total surprise.....rescuing a battered Daniel Bryan.....posing in the ring triumphantly with him.....and having the fans chant "Cena sucks!")?

C'mon, John. Do it to them before they do it to you.

But I'm definitely going to miss him. I still say that those who are "bored" with Cena don't realize the value of the future legend in their midst. Let's see what the next few months bring.

I go with the 20%ish theory. Other than the announce team, generally, no one person gets more than 20% of a three hour show. That means of the other 150 minutes of the show I am used to someone not being on it. Take them entirely out of the equation and it doesn't feel much different.

If I were a big fan of any of these guys that might change but I've become more of a fan of the overall product and less of any one guy. Punk is probably my favorite and during his post WM hiatus I barely noticed he was gone.

I have however noticed Yoshi Tatsu isn't getting the much airtime lately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back