• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Report On Major Post Wrestlemania Pushes

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
According to F4WOnline.com, WWE is planning to give big pushes to several wrestlers following WrestleMania XXX. According to the report, John Cena & Daniel Bryan are to be pushed as the #1 & #2 guy coming out of WrestleMania XXX. It's also reported that Cesaro is going to get a big push and there are plans for him to have a big match for SummerSlam. Other names scheduled to get big pushes include Roman Reigns, Bray Wyatt, Randy Orton, Batista and Brock Lesnar.

There's also talk that it'll probably be John Cena or Daniel Bryan facing Batista at SummerSlam for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. CM Punk's name was mentioned, according to the report, but, allegedly, just about everyone in WWE is now under the impression that he's done with wrestling, at least for now.

There aren't any details on the plans for the pushes, just that they're going to be pushed. As with any other bit of news, plans can change, so take it for what it's worth; especially when you consider that Dave Meltzer has been very hit and miss since last summer.

Cena, Bryan, Wyatt & Reigns being pushed is no big surprise, however Orton's been heavily pushed since SummerSlam last year and so has Batista since his return. He's already facing Orton for the title at WrestleMania XXX. IF the idea winds up being Cena vs. Batista for the strap at SummerSlam, I think it'll get the same response as Orton vs. Batista's gotten. Fans are gonna crap all over it partially because they're so heavily into Bryan and partially because it's another rehash feud from a couple of guys they've seen wrestle time & time again.

I think that means that CM Punk returning is on pure Hope mode, and they are planning a future that does not include him. Logical to have Daniel Bryan step into his position.

Interesting with regards to Cesaro. Expected Roman Reigns and Bray Wyatt to be pushed as well. I hope Dean Ambrose isn't pushed aside completely, I see him being a top Hell alongwith Bray Wyatt for the future,tbh.

I hope Batista and Brock Lesnar face off eventually. Whilst what Randy Orton does post-Mania is also something I am curious about as well.

If Wyatt is facing Cena at Mania, in the post-Mania months he should really be challenging for the main belt. More so that Bryan. Otherwise, what is the point in having Cena in a mid-card match at Mania?

Reigns should get a steady push over the year which should begin to peak around this time next year.

If Wyatt is facing Cena at Mania, in the post-Mania months he should really be challenging for the main belt. More so that Bryan. Otherwise, what is the point in having Cena in a mid-card match at Mania?

Reigns should get a steady push over the year which should begin to peak around this time next year.

I agree completely. I'm not 100% sold on Bray Wyatt, yet, but he's involved in a MUCH higher priority program than Daniel Bryan is. I also think that Wyatt can actually become a true established main event player, while Bryan is more flash in the pan.

But I think what's going to have to happen is that Wyatt is going to have to become tweener or else get really nasty as a heel because he's getting too many face pops and too much face journalism on the internet.

Don't get me wrong, I truly believe that the WWE is missing a real heel. A truly evil cerebral bad guy that is dirty, arrogant, mean, etc. And I think that Bray Wyatt is PERFECT for it once he loses his goons.

But, after the post-WM30 Raw Storyline Reset, Bray Wyatt has to be at the very top, or else the WWE has wasted their most talented and highest billing superstar on a midcard feud for no gain.

Is Batista is the WWE World Champion from WrestleMania to Summerslam, which I am fully expecting to happen as of right now then I would say there are many, many options. John Cena vs Batista is not something that the WWE need to do again. It's a case of been there, done that and will no doubt get the same response as Orton vs Batista has. With Batista being a heel then I'd either Bray Wyatt, Cesaro or Roman Reigns would be logical choices to face him a Summerslam and take the WWE World title away from him.

For me personally, I would love to see a babyface Bray Wyatt vs Batista at Summerslam because he is a guy who can truly carry a feud and a decent match.

Another interesting match is Cesaro vs Brock Lesnar IMO that would be a great match. Two brutes going at it, what could be better?

Ugh, Bray Wyatt is fat and has a very limited move set IMO, OK he has the best mic skills of all 3 of the Wyatts, but that doesn't really say anything, and he is being pushed for the same reason as Randy Orton, HHH likes him and he has famous relatives.

Same for Roman Reigns, he is The Rock's cousin or something, so when The Shield eventually splits up, he will be pushed to the moon because of his connections, and of course the fact he's a big man who does 2 moves and... Well OK he has decent mic skills.

Not very surprising. You can see who WWE wants to showcase. I'm surprised Big E isn't here. Any combination of these guys feuding with each other works for me. All of them are favorites of mine and all of them can deliver an entertaining program. Cesaro vs Batista would be a sight to behold. I could also see Bray or Reigns going against Orton.

Ugh, Bray Wyatt is fat and has a very limited move set IMO, OK he has the best mic skills of all 3 of the Wyatts, but that doesn't really say anything, and he is being pushed for the same reason as Randy Orton, HHH likes him and he has famous relatives.

Same for Roman Reigns, he is The Rock's cousin or something, so when The Shield eventually splits up, he will be pushed to the moon because of his connections, and of course the fact he's a big man who does 2 moves and... Well OK he has decent mic skills.

CharltonHestonLaugh.gif

Not very surprising. You can see who WWE wants to showcase. I'm surprised Big E isn't here. Any combination of these guys feuding with each other works for me. All of them are favorites of mine and all of them can deliver an entertaining program. Cesaro vs Batista would be a sight to behold. I could also see Bray or Reigns going against Orton.

CharltonHestonLaugh.gif

LOL

I am also surprised that Big E, and also Dean and Seth also aren't there.
I hope the latter 2 do not get buried and become afterthoughts as I think they have roles going forward.
Cody Rhodes is another as well who has not been mentioned, although I believe him and Seth Rollins are going to be/should be Exciting Midcarders going forward alongwith the likes of Kofi and Dolph.
Dean Ambrose just looks like a Heel for like character once he is handled well post-Shield.

As for Cesaro; I actually would love to see him get established and his Big Match at SummerSlam be vs Brock Lesnar! The Intense Style of Lesnar vs the guy they refer as the Strongest Pound for Pound guy in Cesaro. What a match that would be,lMO!

I can't see Batista v. Cena being a very big draw unless something drastically changes in the Batista character or Cena begins to get over more with the smarky crowd. Which, I can totally see this being the case if the heat on Dave is hot enough.

Batista is going to need some help or faction affiliation if he is going to have the title for 5 months.

Loving the Heston... "You'll get your title by prying it from my cold dead hands" - Triple H to Bryan this coming monday lol

This is no shock, they do this every year and on this occasion they're about right.

Cesaro probably ends up carrying the IC for much of the next year or winning MITB. I can even see Hulk managing him (I hope not) against Swagger in a battle of "Real Americans" but Bryan as joint leader with Cena is a given at this point.

The Shield for me haven't impressed for the first time in recent weeks... People are hating the Wyatts but they are definitely seizing their moment, Bray in particular. Ambrose looks a little demotivated, arguably cos focus has shifted management wise to Roman... Rollins looks like he is beginning to realise his push is gonna be over soon and he might struggle.

Hating Bray for his size is simply stupid, not every wrestler needs the same shape. It's clear what Triple H likes in him is what the fans do, he has a unique character and it's one that wasn't given to him... he has gone out much as Hunter and Shawn did and created something new. With Trips at the helm that will resonate more and become more important. Being 2nd Gen is a bonus in that they are perhaps better grounded in wrestling and more likely to "do the best for business" but ultimately WWE NEEDS to start replacing talent. Taker clearly has one, two more max... Show only has a year or two...Henry, Kane... even Cena and Orton are gonna start winding down in the next 2-3 years. There is no other way but they have to pick some guys and start pushing them like they mean it.

Bryan, Cesaro and Wyatt are their 3 most interesting and popular picks... The Ziggler's, Swaggers, Kofis had their shot and didn't do it... The Reigns', Ambroses and Barretts still have a shot as they haven't really had their best yet and if they don't do it you have Neville, Zayne and the like all running the rails on the inside... Neville is main roster by Summerslam and probably winning some kind of big match by Survivor Series/Rumble. In a years time he is the guy getting the same article written for him...

Batista is already finding his groove as a heel. Whether WWE apologists like it or not, heel has always suited him better, sans the build to Mania 21.

The cream of the mid-card really is starting to rise to the top. Cesaro has been on a hell of a streak of great matches since he beat Orton on Smackdown. Bray Wyatt is my favorite promo guy in all of WWE at the moment, and the Shield's struggle to stay together has remained entertaining.

It will be interesting to see where Randy Orton ends up in the next few months. Can he keep his heat without the title? HHH's rivalry with Daniel Bryan has enough steam to span more than one match, and it is hard to fathom HHH not wanting one more reign atop the WWE thrown. (Character development wise, not trying to debate his perceived ego)

As for Daniel Bryan, who knows whether or not the crowd will turn on him when he finally gets the strap? The only way to find out is to give him the ball and see if he can score.

Roman Reigns will receive a steady main event push, likely culminating in a title win at one of the Big Four pay-per-views in 2015 or 2016.

So reigns should get a slow push but Wyatt should just be shoved into the title picture despite reigns being there longer and being impressive for longer, no thanks.

Seems that from the report just about everyone near or in the main event scene is going to be pushed, this is probably going to end badly because creative will more than likely focus on only one or two stars and blow the rest

So reigns should get a slow push but Wyatt should just be shoved into the title picture despite reigns being there longer and being impressive for longer, no thanks.

No. Wyatt should be nowhere near the title picture. But if he isn't going to be, then why is he currently feuding with WWE's top star? The only place for him to go after that feud is into the title picture or to a lower position than he currently is. If he's not in the title picture, then what at the point of him facing Cena.

Above is basically what I said before, but I've tried to simplify it for the public. You're welcome!

Wyatt should beat cena clean. But not be in the title picture.
Give him title at mania 32. He is better with long fueds.
He is really interesting. Can start a Fued with anyone on the roster.
. Just have bray being a bully all
Year. Even give him intercontinental. Don't rush.
Same as reigns and cesaro don't rush.

Mania 31

Heavyweight
Lesnar(c) with haymen vs cena with hogan vs cesaro(rumble winner) with colter
(barrett wins 2014 MIB and cashes in on a big cesaro win) imagine the boos lol

Undertaker vs sting

Kurt angle vs Daniel Bryan

MIB
Roman reign vs batista vs sheamus
Vs sandow vs ziggler vs ryback(face)

hell in cell
Wyatt family vs Orton,Rhodes,axel

Intercontinental cage
Kingston(c) vs the miz vs fandango
Ambrose vs Rollins vs Tyson Kidd

USA
Rusev(c) with lana vs swagger(face) with Jim duggan

Ted DiBiase has famous relatives, where's his push?

Do you honestly think that Roman Reigns would not be a future star if he wasn't related to the Rock??

Bray Wyatt has the best mic skills of anyone on the roster, not just "the best mic skills of all 3 of the Wyatts".

You may be the most ridiculous poster on this entire site and that is really saying something.

This is just disappointing to be honest. I like the idea of pushing Daniel Bryan, Bray Wyatt, Roman Reigns etc., but why is John Cena or Randy Orton being in the main event a push? Let's face it, they'll be in the main event until their dying day, so why is this even reported? It's a shame though. I'm not hating them, because at various point in their career, they've been favourites of mine. With the inclusion of Batista in the main event, the main event picture itself feels so watered down. SummerSlam will feature John Cena versus Batista... again. Why? No one is interested.

The thing is, everyone seems to be holding out hope for a CM Punk return. Even if he does, what difference does it make? None really; he'll be in the same place he was in before he left. Perhaps it's the whole Authority storyline at the moment, and yes it's easy to say, "if you don't like it, stop watching", but when you've been a fan since before you were a school kid, it's hard to let go of something that has become so saturated in its own filthy waste.

I hope Bray gets pushed to high heaven. When was the last time we had a real character come into the company and work? Kane most likely. Roman Reigns needs to be pushed, plain and simple. I never used to get the hype, now I'm fully on the bandwagon. Fuck it, throw the entire Shield in there. Seth Rollins is really impressing at the moment, and Ambrose is as always. Cesaro is a necessary push as well. I'm still holding out hope for guys like Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston etc. because they've all shown they've got something at one time or another, and WWE really is missing out.

I'm trying not to bitch, but there's truth in what I've said somewhere. I think so anyway.

Batista aligning with Stephanie and HHH could draw nuclear heat. The marks and smarks alike would be infuriated beyond belief, for different reasons of course. But everybody would boo.

I'd actually like to see it. Have Batista, with Stephanie and HHH allowing/encouraging it destroy Bryan and injure him and then keep Bryan away for a few months. That way when he returns and beats Batista for the title at Summerslam, and finally wins the title, the story comes full circle. Bryan would get an insane pop, the Authority get their comeuppance, and Bryan gets his run.

I said at work the other night it's probably going to be John Cena vs Bray Wyatt at WM. "Who?" my work buddy replied.

WWE are inserting Bray into a fued with the top guy way to early in my opinion. Cena should be in there with at least the household names at WM.

I like Bray and the whole Wyatt Family thing, but they are making a mistake inserting him into a fued with the top star especially at WM. Imagine if Cena beats Bray at WM, it could bury the whole Wyatt persona that WWE have obviously invested a lot of time and money in.

If this match takes place at WM it's not going to sell it for me let alone more casual fans. I like the fued don't get me wrong but this is a massive risk WWE are taking with Bray Wyatt here. Save this one for the lesser PPV's to see how Bray does against a top dog like Cena.

Could Punk save the day and the match at WM is a Handicap match 2 on 3... Punk and Cena vs The Wyatts? i don't think so, keep Bray in the midcard then push him after WM. Depending on what happens at WM Bray Wyatts push may be disastrous.

I don't mind a push for Batista, particularly against Cena, as I remember their feud being one of the more entertaining feuds Batista ever had, with some raw emotion in the promos about the differences between the two men -- some of which felt like it was reused for Cena and Orton this past December. It all depends on the build. Batista's taking heat from fans now for wandering into the Royal Rumble and taking the Main Event spot. However, if he's allowed to work an actual honest to god feud with an appropriate build, I don't see why Cena and Batista couldn't pick up where they left off. I always felt that feud was one-sided due to the fact Batista was leaving the WWE. The big thing is that such a feud should probably not be for the strap. Cena has outgrown the World Title. He no longer needs it. Batista can and probably will have a brief run with it, but will be a transition champ to someone like Reigns.

No, as far as the strap is concerned, I think that should be left to the younger guys for a bit. Neither Cena nor Batista need the strap to put on a big match. If Bryan wins, I would think Wyatt would be a natural re-pairing given their Royal Rumble match. IF Punk were to come back, then again, Bryan and Punk would do well in a Summer Slam main event as well.

What it comes down to is this: I'm much more well prepared to deal with Cena, Orton and Batista in main events as long as they are being paired up or not taking the spotlight from guys like Bryan, Wyatt, Cesaro and Reigns. I've said before that Cena and Orton, in particular, have a lot to offer with fresh opponents. Cena and Cesaro was pure, untapped awesomeness. Bryan and Orton tore it up for weeks even during the early summer when they were both faces.

No. Wyatt should be nowhere near the title picture. But if he isn't going to be, then why is he currently feuding with WWE's top star? The only place for him to go after that feud is into the title picture or to a lower position than he currently is. If he's not in the title picture, then what at the point of him facing Cena.

Above is basically what I said before, but I've tried to simplify it for the public. You're welcome!

I see what you mean.

However, with Batista as a heel, if assuming he wins at Mania, and Bray Wyatt comes out of Mania also looking as the Top Heel, then it wouldn't be a good pairing. Also, if D-Bry were to come out of Mania with the title, then Bray going after him again so soon, also doesn't make much sense.

To besides, I don't see Bray Wyatt as someone holding the Main title just yet. In fact, his character doesn't need it at all, tbh.

Tbh, I'd have Bray go over Cena at Mania, legitimising him as a Top Heel, and either:-

Have Bray and his family beat John Cena so badly, that he takes some time off and he is clearly not fully fit and healthy in any case.

OR

If WWE can't risk a Cena holiday due to Punk's walkout, then have the Bray go over at Mania, but have the feud continue for longer post-Mania and end at a later PPV, maybe throw someone in to help Cena fight the family.

Basically; Keep John Cena around Bray Wyatt and the Wyatt family and try to push him for a couple months to truly establish himself as a Top Heel.

Also, with regards to Cena, Orton and Batista in the Main Events...

As long as they are never paired Together in the Main Event(since their pairings have been done and dusted) I have no problem with either of the 3 alternating in the Main Event scene.

Pity CM Punk has left, I believe that he would have been an obvious choice to go into the Main Event post-WM,tbh.

I hope Batista and Brock Lesnar face off eventually. Whilst what Randy Orton does post-Mania is also something I am curious about as well.

Randy Orton could feud with Cody Rhodes heading to Summerslam, unless they book Cody vs Goldust at Summerslam. Orton-Rhodes could still be a great feud, they can use their Legacy history as the storyline. Rhodes should go over Orton in a big match.
Or Orton can face Brock Lesnar! That could also be a great feud. Imagine Orton countering the f5 in mid air into an RKO lol

Batista is going to need some help or faction affiliation if he is going to have the title for 5 months.
I'd be fine with this, as long as it doesn't involve simply replacing him in the Authority with Orton. HHH needs to get his comeuppance from somebody at Wrestlemania, but not then shortly thereafter go back to his smarmy, disingenuous heel authority figure. He needs to be humbled, so much that he backing Batista would mean nothing.

As for who, I'm not sure. I can say Reigns getting a major push after WM like JackHammer said, but as a face. I couldn't see Batista in there with Rollins and Ambrose, and the only way I could see Batista as a face, I suppose, would be if he joins Heyman and Lesnar. Batista's only a slight step above Lesnar on the mic, and when you're only slightly better then dog-crap, you need help.

So I'd make Batista your new Paul Heyman guy, since Lesnar is only in-and-out. I'd also have Batista turn away challenges on PPV with some help from Lesnar and/or Heyman, but have Heyman and Lesnar turn on Batista heading into Summerslam because Batista didn't hand Lesnar a title shot.

Batista can be a sympathetic face turned on by his cronies for a month, win or lose, be disingenuous for a month ala Edge in 2010, then turn heel again after his movie comes out.

But even so, this is a hard scenario for me to picture, as I can't see them denying Bryan, and, the fans, the title for so long, or give him an extremely short title reign. When Bryan wins, it needs to be the length of Benoit's.

Hopefully, just better booked. My hope is that if they wouldn't do Batista and Lesnar, that either Cena or Bryan vs. Batista at Summerslam means Bryan or Cena walks in to Summerslam as champ.

It's no surprise to read the names of the "pushees," including Cesaro, whose coming feature status is occurring before our eyes......and it seems to be working, as he's still a member of a heel tag team, yet the fans are cheering him in his about-to-detonate relationship with Jack Swagger.

Like him or not, Bray Wyatt's push doesn't come as a shock, either.....the company didn't create a unique team like his without the idea of doing something long-term with their leader. I feel his leg injury seriously delayed what had been planned for Bray months ago, as I doubt the original intention was to have him sit in his rocking chair, watching the other two handle all the in-ring activities. Now it's time to move.

Some of you don't like Bray? Well, that's par for the course, I suppose. Many wrestling fans who are always clamoring for something new seem to be, ironically, the first ones to condemn anything original that comes down the pike. I say, let's wait for the push and see what the guy can do without his friends interfering every time he gets in trouble.

Ted DiBiase has famous relatives, where's his push?

Do you honestly think that Roman Reigns would not be a future star if he wasn't related to the Rock??

Bray Wyatt has the best mic skills of anyone on the roster, not just "the best mic skills of all 3 of the Wyatts".

You may be the most ridiculous poster on this entire site and that is really saying something.

Ted DiBiase left the business cos basically he wasn't up to it. He was never a guy who "wanted to do it his whole life" indeed he nearly became a priest/clergyman. For much of his life the DiBiase's have been about God first, wrestling second... it showed with Ted Jr.

Roman Reigns is being pushed cos of a look first, he got in the door cos of his familial connection - as many 2nd gen guys do because they generally have been around the business longer, trained for longer with their kin so they don't go to NXT etc green as some of the others and someone like the Rock or even Afa (Reign's dad) knows more than enough about Vince and the WWE mentality to have helped Reigns prepare for how things work, how to say and do the right things etc.

Wyatt is a classic example of this, his dad, uncle and grandad were all not just stars but major players in the business full stop...Barry and Blackjack were known as good talkers and he would also have been exposed to Lanza who was Vince's left hand man for many years... so he's had strong grounding. When he was Husky Harris no one had a clue he was actually charismatic because of how he was packaged... neither was Reigns with his "Leakee" name etc... but they knew to keep their mouths shut, wait for their chance and to always be thinking of how they COULD do it given the chance. In Wyatt's case injury has been in many ways his best friend. It meant he was given time and space in NXT to create Bray as a character, cos he had done the right things up to that point not to simply be cut ala Tarver etc. He had the concept, the conviction to make it stick how he wanted to do it when someone tried to make him change it and when the time came it got over big... more injury, more tweaking... then the main roster debut and another injury has meant that you don't see Wyatt wrestle often, but when you do he is often the best thing on the show. Not in the ring necessarily although he is very good, but his promos, the spider walk... he has been MVP on nearly every show he has been on in a match and he's been working with the top guys... and if it's him in the rocking chair it's still great. I really am excited by the guy, cos he doesn't confirm to the stereotypes in any way but has genuinely come up with a potentially great concept... Arguably the best since "The Loose Cannon" back in 95.

Reigns has done well enough with The Shield concept to stand out above the guy who WAS the top pick - Ambrose, sure his family connection might have helped with the Rock or any one of them advising on how to negotiate each stage. After all if the Rock is EVER gonna be at Mania again, who do you think he'd rather put over than his own kin?

Cesaro is the dark horse in all this, I am almost seeing a Benoitesque future (minus the murdering psychopath side) but a guy who over time builds himself to the main event picture - gets a title but then is the "perennial challenger" thereafter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back