• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Report: "Hostile" Meeting Between Randy Orton & WWE Officials

Sure there is. WWE doesn't care about the #2 or #3 guy. They'll drop Orton into the mid card, and quick. He'll just be the most over mid card guy they've ever had. They don't care.

Makes more sense when you say that. But I guess we'll have to wait & see in the end, if it ever happens.

When you've got Cena, Sheamus and Punk making up the numbers at the top - perhaps with an occasional Triple H appearance - the rest of the card is pretty much interchangeable.

I'm guessing he'd get the richest contract in TNA history. Could be wrong, but that's my guess.

Might not beat Hogan on a per year basis but other than that it certainly seems possible. The only holdback could be that while Orton is young, his body already has a lot of miles on it.

Term #1 of Randy's contract - Ken Anderson no longer employed.

I would find the flip flopping on these two amusing around here when Anderson ends up back in WWE.

When you've got Cena, Sheamus and Punk making up the numbers at the top - perhaps with an occasional Triple H appearance - the rest of the card is pretty much interchangeable.

Exactly. Throw Undertaker, Rocky and Brock Lesnan into the mix, and they couldn't care less about Orton. He's as over as any current wrestler, but he doesn't mean much. That's not exclusive to Randy, I'm sure they would throw Punk and/or Sheamus out as well.

Might not beat Hogan on a per year basis but other than that it certainly seems possible. The only holdback could be that while Orton is young, his body already has a lot of miles on it.

If Orton didn't get at least as much as Hogan is making, it would be a travesty. Possibly the second biggest name in pro wrestling today can't make as much as the fucking GM? I hope I'm right about all of this.

I would find the flip flopping on these two amusing around here when Anderson ends up back in WWE.

Not from me. Oh, and WWE wouldn't take him back. Not with Hunter running the show.

If you can't tell, I'm actually hoping Orton goes to TNA. Small chance of it actually happening, but for some reason, I want it. I'm sure that's not the popular opinion around here, but it's what I, as fan boy, want.

Possibly the second biggest name in pro wrestling today can't make as much as the fucking GM?

He could be possibly the second biggest name in pro wrestling today (I don't think he is but he is certainly a top name) but he is the "second" biggest name that it just so happens could be threatened with performing on the mid card and almost all of his biggest fans are hoping he goes to a much smaller company. There are some warts on this prince. When Vince runs Raw he is making more than anybody. Hogan isn't only getting paid for his on camera work.

He could be possibly the second biggest name in pro wrestling today (I don't think he is but he is certainly a top name) but he is the "second" biggest name that it just so happens could be threatened with performing on the mid card and almost all of his biggest fans are hoping he goes to a much smaller company. There are some warts on this prince. When Vince runs Raw he is making more than anybody. Hogan isn't only getting paid for his on camera work.

Hogan ain't Vince. We should get that straight right away. Vince deserves his money. That's my real issue here. Orton, in 2012, is a much bigger draw than Hulk Hogan.

Not sure I believe that Orton has a greater mainstream presence than Hogan. How that translates to drawing ability is debatable. On actual shows I could be persuaded it is Orton, when it comes to business stuff beyond the show then I would still give a significant edge to Hogan.

I hardly doubt Orton would have Anderson fired if he shipped to TNA. He'd want him around so he can have a bag to crap on.

Not sure I believe that Orton has a greater mainstream presence than Hogan. How that translates to drawing ability is debatable. On actual shows I could be persuaded it is Orton, when it comes to business stuff beyond the show then I would still give a significant edge to Hogan.

This. WWE seems firm on not giving Orton much publicity. Sheamus and The Miz have gotten more than him.

I'm sure that the WWE could get out of their contract with Orton if Orton fucks up again. This whole thing sucks. Orton is about one of three people I give a shit about in the E, and I can't see him getting any type of main event push after this. Why would the WWE create a star for TNA to pluck as soon as he pisses in a cup? Him and Mysterio have pretty much fucked up the rest of their careers with the E at this point.

Him and Mysterio have pretty much fucked up the rest of their careers with the E at this point.

They will probably quietly add a way to get one of your strikes removed for good behavior and public service. Although I doubt that will help Orton much.

It basically comes down to where Orton lies on the Asset/Liability scale.

If WWE feels Orton is more of a liability he's gone, if WWE feels he's more of an asset he stays, simple really.

Even if he gets a 3rd strike and WWE releases him I would bet you anything that within 3-6 months Orton would be back if the WWE feels he's worthwhile. They could play off an injury storyline wise (like they did in '06 saying that Angle broke his ankle) and release him for a bit until they bring him back, like they did with Daniel Bryan and the choking incident.

It really depends on the higher ups position. Orton's future will mostly depend on how valuable the WWE feels he is, not if he failed a few drug tests or not. I could see them releasing him for a while until he gets clean but if Orton passes 1 drug test after failing 50 they will hire him back. WWE is a business and they will always do what they feel is best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back