Randy Orton...

He would still make good money in TNA working far less dates...what don't you understand about that? You under estimate what TNA can pay, they pay the top talent very well & if they signed Orton im sure he would be the highest earner.

There comes a point in time where you want to spend more time with your family especially when you are missing out on your child growing up from being on the road all the time.

Kevin Nash, Christian, Kurt Angle, Booker T, Mick Foley, Hulk Hogan, Jeff Hardy & Rob Van Dam did & so could Orton.

For the record WWE wanted Hogan, Hardy (even despite the drug charges) & RVD before they choose to go to TNA - all documented fact so do your research for anyone reading who disagrees.

But regardless i would be very suprised if WWE let go of Randy Orton due to their lack of depth & star power & if they did they would probably tell him to sit out a year & they will re-sign him however i hope they do as it would be better for the wrestling business if he went to TNA.

But Randy doesn't even have to work. He doesn't need the money, really. He can spend all day with his kids with the money he's made from WWE.

And if he did want more time with his kids and still work, the Indy scene would be the best option. He only would have to work if he wanted some money. Not when someone else wants him to.

Honestly, I don't think WWE will fire him, I think they will just have him work house shows, that way they can still get work out of him instead of paying him to sit at home.

I'm just saying that in my opinion, if he does get fired, he will take time off and only do jobs for indy companies.

I'm not sure if anyone has thought of this or not, but Randy is not his actual name. His name is Randall Keith Orton. Is it possible that "Randy Orton" could be a trademarked name owned by WWE?

I'm not sure if anyone has thought of this or not, but Randy is not his actual name. His name is Randall Keith Orton. Is it possible that "Randy Orton" could be a trademarked name owned by WWE?
Randy is a common abbreviation for Randall.

It would be like saying that John Cena can't use his name outside of the WWE, because his birth name is Johnathan, or Kurt Angle would have to be known as Curtis Angle.

#thinkharder

Randy is a common abbreviation for Randall.

It would be like saying that John Cena can't use his name outside of the WWE, because his birth name is Johnathan, or Kurt Angle would have to be known as Curtis Angle.

#thinkharder

But that isn't John's real name. John Felix Anthony Cena is John Cena's real name. Randy Orton's real name is Randall Keith Orton.

And "Randy Orton" is trademarked and owned by WWE.

Word Mark RANDY ORTON
Goods and Services IC 028. US 022 023 038 050. G & S: Toy action figures and accessories therefor; cases for action figures; toy vehicles; board games; playing cards; toy spinning tops; stand-alone video output game machines featuring wrestling; arcade games related to wrestling; pinball games related to wrestling; hand-held units for playing electronic games; tabletop action skill games related to wrestling; jigsaw puzzles; kites; toy wrestling rings; dolls; puppets; stuffed toy animals; card games; toy guitars; water guns; vinyl pool products for playing, namely, pillow back lounge chairs, one and two-man inflatable boats, rafts, inner tubes, and foot pumps; Christmas tree decorations; costume masks; toy belts; doll furniture; party favors in the nature of crackers and noisemakers; skateboards; bowling balls and accessories, namely, bowling gloves, wrist supports, bowling ball bags; windup toys; toy scooters; bowling pins; knee and elbow pads for athletic use; yo-yos; plastic model kits for making toy vehicles; pool cues; novelty toys, namely, toy banks made of tin; toy gum machines; toy candy bowl mechanical dispensers; toy stick gum dispensers; toy gum figure makers; confetti. FIRST USE: 20041231. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 20041231
Standard Characters Claimed
Mark Drawing Code (4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK
Serial Number 78385311
Filing Date March 16, 2004
Current Basis 1A
Original Filing Basis 1B
Published for Opposition March 8, 2005
Registration Number 3059535
Registration Date February 14, 2006
Owner (REGISTRANT) World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. CORPORATION DELAWARE 1241 East Main Street Stamford CONNECTICUT 06902
Attorney of Record Lauren A. Dienes-Middlen
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Affidavit Text SECT 15. SECT 8 (6-YR).
Other Data The name "Randy Orton" identifies a living individual whose consent is of record.
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

But that isn't John's real name. John Felix Anthony Cena is John Cena's real name. Randy Orton's real name is Randall Keith Orton.

And "Randy Orton" is trademarked and owned by WWE.
Quit assuming everything Wikipedia tells you is true.

Also, the trademark you quote specifically mentions that the copyright belongs to a living person whose consent is required, certainly through his contract. No contract, no consent.

I don't use Wikipedia for research but you know, even if I did, the information has to have some verification or else it would be removed. Nice try.

Anyway, this was a fun debate. In my opinion, Randy won't get fired and if he does, he won't go to TNA.

Later:wave:

I don't use Wikipedia for research but you know, even if I did, the information has to have some verification or else it would be removed. Nice try.

Anyway, this was a fun debate. In my opinion, Randy won't get fired and if he does, he won't go to TNA.

Later:wave:
Which assumes the verification was done by competent people, able to keep up with a format in which millions of users can update a website fact-checked by hundreds. By the way, what would your source on knowing John Cena's birth name be, then? I imagine quite a few people would be curious as to your research methods for knowing the birth names of professional wrestlers, not to mention what job you have which allows you the time or opportunity to look up those kind of records.

Even if you didn't use Wikipedia. I'll skip the obligatory smiley face.

I'm pretty sure his name is listed on many websites just as any other celebrities name.
Pretty sure says you don't know for certain, haven't looked, and know those sites, which you haven't looked at even enough to name, likely rip information from Wikipedia as well- let alone most likely use the most common, familiar form of his name.

TMZ wouldn't have much luck repeatedly referring to "Johnathan Cena".

How long are you going to keep up this comedy act of pretending that Johnathan and John are different names? It's OK that you didn't know Randy was an abbreviation for Randall, but FUCK, man, you're going to be entering silly territory shortly.

Pretty sure says you don't know for certain, haven't looked, and know those sites, which you haven't looked at even enough to name, likely rip information from Wikipedia as well- let alone most likely use the most common, familiar form of his name.

TMZ wouldn't have much luck repeatedly referring to "Johnathan Cena".

How long are you going to keep up this comedy act of pretending that Johnathan and John are different names? It's OK that you didn't know Randy was an abbreviation for Randall, but FUCK, man, you're going to be entering silly territory shortly.

Still going eh?

My dad's birth name is Steven, but like most people, he uses Steve. If you look at his license or anything else with his signed name. It says "Steven", not "Steve". They aren't the same names. I bet if you read any documents besides autographs, that were signed by Orton, it'd say Randall, not Randy.

Randy Orton is a character in the WWE. Randall Orton is the man portraying him.

Still going eh?

My dad's birth name is Steven, but like most people, he uses Steve. If you look at his license or anything else with his signed name. It says "Steven", not "Steve". They aren't the same names. I bet if you read any documents besides autographs, that were signed by Orton, it'd say Randall, not Randy.

Randy Orton is a character in the WWE. Randall Orton is the man portraying him.
So, your dads' birth name is Steven (Randall), but he uses a commonly known abbreviation, Steve (Randy).

Really.

From there, all we have is your "I bet" statement, which like your "pretty sure" statement, indicates that while you have absolutely no idea of whether what you're saying is true or not, you're willing to present what you're saying as a fact in an argument.

Somehow you know the names professional wrestlers were given at birth- the source of which information you won't provide for us, although you swear it isn't Wikipedia (must be all of those random sites), and now I'm expected to believe you have some kind of inside track on how these people sign their legal documents. Seriously, what is it that you do for a living that gives you these research opportunities?

This, again, still ignores the fact that the very trademark agreement you linked specifically stated that the trademark represented a living person whose ongoing consent was required. But keep prattling about how the two names are significantly different to a legal degree. Maybe we can hear about your Uncle Wilbur, who tells everybody to call him Wil, but still confusingly insists upon signing legal documents without using a nickname.

Knowing TNA, if they manage to sign Orton he'll come in, be pushed as a top face, end the record-long title reign of Bobby Roode in his first TNA PPV appearance, and not change the television ratings in the slightest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back