• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Report: "Hostile" Meeting Between Randy Orton & WWE Officials

Martin Gabriel

Pre-Show Stalwart
SuperLuchas.net is reporting Randy Orton met with top WWE officials at the company headquarters on Friday regarding his recent suspension.

The meeting reportedly featured Vince McMahon, Triple H and Kevin Dunn.

The report says it was a "hostile" meeting and a further decision of Orton's future is yet to be determined. Several WWE officials are lobbying for Orton to be released because the lucrative contract with WWE, which has him signed until 2019, can't be justified. The feeling is if he is to return to the WWE roster he will likely be in the mid-card yet WWE will still be paying him his high dollar contract.

If Orton gets suspended one more time he gets fired, the belief is this is going to prevent WWE from wanting to put a lot of investment into him in big main event programs.

Vince McMahon is reportedly especially infuriated with Orton over the suspension. The feeling was he had matured over the years and this recent suspension was a big disappointment to those top company officials.

Reportedly, Orton tested positive for the anabolic steroid Dianabol, which is banned by the United States Congress under its Controlled Substances Act. He also reportedly tested positive for marijuana, which is subject to a $2,500 fine.

Yikes.

I picture the meeting ending with Randy RKO'ing Vince, then Triple H pedigrees Orton through the table. Because he's been known to bury people.

I really feel that Vince wouldn't want to let him go, but at this point, either way it's not good business. You're either over-paying a guy who's possibly going to screw you over, hence losing you money, or you're cutting your losses and basically handing one of your top 5 stars over to your competition on a silver platter.

I'd put the odds that this report is anything but a mostly manufactured story at less than 1 percent but it is interesting to see the tone change from what people were saying last week.

You can't suspend someone indefinitely without cause. I don't know how WWE contracts work but I would be somewhat surprised if it would not be expensive for them to release him if he really is signed through 2019. If WWE ever fires Orton for any reason I will be surprised and excited.

Of course it was hostile. Look at the guy. I doubt he has a ton of friendly meetings.

I doubt he actually gets canned. If he does, no big deal, Spike TV awaits.

Of course it was hostile. Look at the guy. I doubt he has a ton of friendly meetings.

I doubt he actually gets canned. If he does, no big deal, Spike TV awaits.

Yeah, but if his WWE contract is as lucrative as they say could TNA actually match it? Because unless his love for wrestling that thick, seeing head south seems hard.

I don't see him sticking around. The fact is, a guy with THAT much of an attitude problem and possibly failing a 3rd Drug test, you'd be better getting rid of him.

He'll make good friends with RVD.

Yeah, but if his WWE contract is as lucrative as they say could TNA actually match it? Because unless his love for wrestling that thick, seeing head south seems hard.

Yeah but take into consideration that he probably doesn't need half the amount of money they're paying him. Chances are he's set for life at this stage. He'd be another Brock Lesnar. Orton can't act very well, you see him going to UFC? I don't see him rapping anytime soon.

Where else would he go? He'd probably get bored sitting on the sidelines.

If WWE fires him TNA only has to outbid ROH. At that point how much he used to be making isn't especially relevant. I think he would have a good chance at a Kurt Angle deal anyway. On the off chance WWE let him go I would look forward to the worked shoot vs Anderson.

If WWE fires him TNA only has to outbid ROH. At that point how much he used to be making isn't especially relevant. I think he would have a good chance at a Kurt Angle deal anyway. On the off chance WWE let him go I would look forward to the worked shoot vs Anderson.

Term #1 of Randy's contract - Ken Anderson no longer employed.

Thank you, Randall.

To be honest, I'd like to see what would happen with these two if Orton really did get Ken fired.

Instant grudge match/feud?

Ken wouldn't last. He doesn't mean nearly as much to wrestling as Orton, and Randy isn't exactly the nicest or most understanding guy. I would give Ken six months, and that's without taking into consideration the possibility that TNA officials aren't already souring on Anderson.

Ken Anderson said in an interview around the time he won the TNA World Heavyweight title that Orton wasn't the main reason for him being fired, but Triple H. He mocked Hunter on an episode of Impact, Triple H supposedly told Vince that Anderson was too "funny" to be a top guy.

Ken wouldn't last. He doesn't mean nearly as much to wrestling as Orton, and Randy isn't exactly the nicest or most understanding guy. I would give Ken six months, and that's without taking into consideration the possibility that TNA officials aren't already souring on Anderson.

If Orton did win the World title when he moved in, I could see a feud over it, I mean TNA won't miss out on an opportunity to play up on this, no matter how stupid it gets.

And Sam, I just saw your comment as I clicked the quote button, but there's no way he gets stuck in the midcard, surely.

If Orton did win the World title when he moved in, I could see a feud over it, I mean TNA won't miss out on an opportunity to play up on this, no matter how stupid it gets.

And Sam, I just saw your comment as I clicked the quote button, but there's no way he gets stuck in the midcard, surely.

Sure there is. WWE doesn't care about the #2 or #3 guy. They'll drop Orton into the mid card, and quick. He'll just be the most over mid card guy they've ever had. They don't care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back