Report: Big E. Langston's First Face Feud

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
There's a report, well really just a minor snippet of information, on Big E. Langston's first program since his, apparent, babyface turn this pace Friday on SmackDown!. F4WOnline.com says that Langston's next feud will be against Ryback after Ryback's current program with Punk is over. Punk vs. Ryback will probably end at HIAC with Punk not only getting the win but also getting his revenge on Paul Heyman. I'm guessing that Langston will interfere at some point in the match, possibly after Curtis Axel interferes in order to help out Ryback & Heyman late in the match if it looks like Punk is on the verge of winning.

While Langston & Ryback won't have any technical masterpieces, they could have a pretty good feud with Heyman still acting as Ryback's mouthpiece. They're both big powerhouses, but they're pretty athletic big powerhouses. Langston has reportedly gotten a lot of praise over the course of the summer and has some major supporters among the WWE brass and from guys like John Cena. As a result, I'm guessing this feud is another sign that WWE's ultimately lost faith in Ryback.

There's a thread already on Langston possibly becoming IC champ and while I think Langston has possibilities, maybe this is the way to go for now. Langston just turned babyface and Ryback's still someone that's taken guys like John Cena & CM Punk to the limit, so maybe this feud will be something of a precursor to Langston going after the IC title. After all, there's two Paul Heyman Guys and one of them is carrying a title. It's logical that if Langston gets the better of the one without the strap, he should then go after the one that does.

Let's just hope that Ryback doesn't put him on the shelf before he truly gets started. To be honest, I'd have Big E win the title in a handicap match that way he kills two birds with one stone and he looks even bigger!

Interesting.
Ryback with Heyman is a good thing & Big E has a great personality and he's not been allowed to shine with it yet. He's brilliant on twitter & really funny. This could be an interesting feud to start off Langston's face turn. I don't see him coming out on top though as Ryback will need a push after a loss to Punk & we need to see how the crowd warms to E.

Well this will probably be the best feud Ryback has had since his debut in 2012. It seems as though every single feud he has entered has been lackluster and inconsistent. I believe that a match between these two powerhouses will be awesome to watch. I feel we don't see enough of these types of matches in WWE anymore, we never seem to see larger than life vs larger than life type feuds. I hope this is the plan because it could be very interesting.

Big E Langston was amazing in NXT and that interview he had with Dolph Ziggler. He is decent on the microphone and is pretty athletic. All the guy needs is new tights.(lol jk)

As a first feud, I see no reason why Ryback wouldn't work. These guys can put on a good brawl for the mid-card. And like others have said, it'd be better if he won the IC championship.

There is also the history between the two from their days as a tag team. WWE probably won't go that route, but it something they could add in if they choose.

Big E need's to beat curtis for the ic belt, then ryback take's curtis axel rematch to face big E for the ic title, i think it would be pretty interesting to see that, with big e going over, then ryback and axel feuds with rhode brother's for the tag team championship's while big e feuds with fandango for the ic title.

The problem with the feud is that both guys will need the win. Ryback, after losing to Punk, and well, losing neatly everything in the last year and a bit, needs the wins to restablish himself.

Langston, after being the biggest invisible man heel, comes out and turns face. I'm good with that. However, that means he needs to get wins in his first feud.

If they wan them to feud, great, save it for a build to Mania.

It would be cool if Mark Henry could stay healthy long enough to make that a 3-way who's the strongest feud. That won't happen, but just wishful thinking.

It would be cool if Mark Henry could stay healthy long enough to make that a 3-way who's the strongest feud. That won't happen, but just wishful thinking.

We already saw Ryback/Henry and it was pretty poor.

I don't think this is right for either man. One of them will come out looking weak and neither needs that. Ryback is going to come out of a feud with CM Punk and deserves something decent where he can continue to show his improving skills. Big E has just turned face so needs momentum or what happened to The Miz and Del Rio will happen to him.

I'd personally have Big E feud with Axel and take the belt of him. Even just for a few months it would be a good position for him.

Well, it looks like Big E Langston will be taking a shot at Curtis Axel on the way to his supposed feud with Ryback. I think that's great, actually. I almost got chills when Ryback and Langston had a staredown on Raw. I know big man feuds don't always work out, but Langston is a great performer. Could be good.

And they intentionally kept them apart, mostly, on Raw this week. I really hope WWE does right by him and gives him the belt. Or at the very least, that Ryback interferes and costs him the title. They have a chance to build a real star in Big E Langston. Loads of natural charisma, a decent in-ring guy, especially for somebody his size. They set him up in a huge way working alongside CM Punk. Great babyface turn. If he loses clean to Axel, that could be it. Not that they won't keep trying, but they need to ride the wave while it's happening.

I don't think they need to rush giving a belt to Big E. I'd love to see him as a champion but this is his first real stint on his own, so they should see how that go and develop him on screen and behind the mic appropriately before giving him a belt. A feud with Ryback is perfect. Even if Langston doesn't come out on top, it's Ryback so that isn't the worst look in the world. And I agree that big man vs big man feuds tend to be boring, but most of them don't have Paul Heyman involved who can make most situations entertaining.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back