Remix

LSN80

King Of The Ring
If you decide to do that LSN I'll throw my hat into the ring for that. I think we'd work well together, especially in NWNS.

As stated in D-Man's thread, I'm willing to accept your request to become a mentor/mentee pairing. What says you?

As for others:

I'm willing to take on two, so if D-Man turns you down, I'm not a bad second option. Feel free to apply here.

Christian "Minimum Wage" Cage;3641162 said:
You've alway been a buddy on here. I'll throw my name in.

What purpose would having me as a mentor give you? I already encourage you, and rep you fairly regularly. What would you want to get out of this, and what would you put in?

Would you like me to help you become a better mentor? Dman seems to fear success too much to accept my offer, so I am willing to pass a small percentage of my knowledge to you.

I think LSN would make a terrific mentor (providing he responds to his PMs in a timely fashion :suspic:), but Remix does not need a mentor by any means. Remix already has his shit together and is a solid poster. In the past I would have proposed he needed a filter, but it seems like it's been ages since Remix went loose cannon on us.

I think Brohan would benefit more from a mentor like LSN. Rohan's made his name in the spam sections, but if he wants to succeed as a poster in other areas of the site, he's going to need the guidance of a guy that has succeeded in just about every section he posts in. That man is LSN.

What purpose would having me as a mentor give you? I already encourage you, and rep you fairly regularly. What would you want to get out of this, and what would you put in?

I'm getting sick of the spam sections. They bore me now. I really want to make a splash in the non-spam sections, whether it be wrestling, movies and television or music. What I'd want out of it is well, help. Help on how to structure posts, on how to starts threads, etc... What would I put in? Time and effort and a will to lear, I suppose.

I think LSN would make a terrific mentor (providing he responds to his PMs in a timely fashion :suspic:), but Remix does not need a mentor by any means. Remix already has his shit together and is a solid poster. In the past I would have proposed he needed a filter, but it seems like it's been ages since Remix went loose cannon on us.

I think Brohan would benefit more from a mentor like LSN. Rohan's made his name in the spam sections, but if he wants to succeed as a poster in other areas of the site, he's going to need the guidance of a guy that has succeeded in just about every section he posts in. That man is LSN.

I second all of this.

And I also want to take a minute and fully endorse LSN80 on mentoring someone. Unless you've been hiding under a WZF rock, you'd see that LSN80 dominated 2011. He won numerous categories in the EOY awards and gained modship with an almost unanimous vote from the staff. This guy have everything it takes to show someone else the ropes and the proper way of doing things on WZF.

Nah mentor me instead, I have natural posting abilities but like you and others have pointed out, I'm a little abrasive. Maybe you could teach me your ways and I could be a better poster. :)

Like Rohan I too will throw my hat in the ring.

Same question as Rohan: Im willing to put the time, effort, and work in with anyone who will meet me halfway. How specifically could I help you? I'm always available to help anyone who needs it, but what specifically do you think I could help you with?

Same question as Rohan: Im willing to put the time, effort, and work in with anyone who will meet me halfway. How specifically could I help you? I'm always available to help anyone who needs it, but what specifically do you think I could help you with?

Well I find myself to be solid as it is, but when I look at your post I really see the effort and thought you execute when posting. Mostly the same answer as Rohan, most importantly how to structure out post, as well as how to make my post stand out from the influx of others. Oh and JGlass pointed out last night that I was uninteresting, not anything really major but that could also be something you could help me with.

That awkward moment when you realize you've been referring to your former tag team partner by a gimmick name. Sorry, Kotre - er, Remix.

Christian "Minimum Wage" Cage;3641190 said:
I'm getting sick of the spam sections. They bore me now. I really want to make a splash in the non-spam sections, whether it be wrestling, movies and television or music. What I'd want out of it is well, help. Help on how to structure posts, on how to starts threads, etc... What would I put in? Time and effort and a will to lear, I suppose.

I'm willing to help you as much as I can. You definitely have a voice that you project well, but sometimes I find your writing to be difficult to read, and hard to follow. Your work has been hit or miss for me, but I like you personally. I'll work with both you and Zrise, and Remix if he truly wants to.

Although with Remix, and I would work better simply together, in a "two heads are better then one" type scenario. But I'll accept both ZRise and Rohan, for two reasons:

1. You're both guys I genuinely like, and are passionate about the forums.

2. Both of you seem to have a willingness to learn. I can't promise that I'll relay the sharp wit of JGlass, or the wisdom of a D-Man, but I'm a steady hand you can count on for advice, a helping hand, and a friend.

So Zrise, Rohan, what say you?

Well I find myself to be solid as it is, but when I look at your post I really see the effort and thought you execute when posting. Mostly the same answer as Rohan, most importantly how to structure out post, as well as how to make my post stand out from the influx of others. Oh and JGlass pointed out last night that I was uninteresting, not anything really major but that could also be something you could help me with.

Im willing to help you with this, absolutely. One of the things about becoming a good poster is to be able to project your voice, your personality, into your posts. Look at a D-Man, a Habs, a CoCo, or a JGlass. All of them have distinctive voices and personalities that they project into their posts.You have your own voice and personality, you just need to find it. I'm willing to help you as much as I can.

And I thank you for the endorsement, my friend. I owe you a PM, don't I? :blush: You can add me to the list of e-friends you've helped out, as I would have sunk as a Moderator my first month if it wasn't for your guidance and encouragement. Hell, I almost named my first born after you!

And I also want to take a minute and fully endorse LSN80 on mentoring someone. Unless you've been hiding under a WZF rock, you'd see that LSN80 dominated 2011. He won numerous categories in the EOY awards and gained modship with an almost unanimous vote from the staff. This guy have everything it takes to show someone else the ropes and the proper way of doing things on WZF.

This means quite a bit coming from you. When I joined, you were the first Moderator I took a shine to, and I initially attempted to influx your style of posting into mine, before I found my voice. D-Man has also been a great support to me while Ive been on staff, and it will be stiff competition indeed with your mentee pairings competing against mine.

Whenever I click on a thread and see that you’ve posted, 9 times out of 10 I don’t comment. Why? I feel like there’s no need to. When you address an issue or tackle a topic, you do so in such an articulate and well informed manner, and as of now I don’t have the ability to do that. That’s why I would love to have you as my mentor; I believe you have a surplus in all the qualities I lack.

I know there are a lot better posters out there than me, and that many of them would/will jump at the opportunity to be your mentee (they’d excel at it too), but I believe I would benefit from it the most. And if you appreciate challenges, I think you’ll benefit too. So here’s a little about me:

I love wrestling with a passion. Though I’m 18 and I’ve only been watching WWE religiously since I moved to the US 2 and a half years ago (I’ve been a fan since I was 6) I’d like to think I know what I’m talking about (then again, who doesn’t?) and I’m dedicated to learning as much as possible. Currently, I‘m in the midst of watching Starrcade: The Essential Collection, one of many wrestling DVDs I got for Christmas.

I’m also really interested in politics, but I’m willing to admit I know relatively little. I consider myself socially liberal and fiscally conservative, but most of my ideas are purely based on what I believe to be right or wrong as opposed to what will help this county. I’m currently in high school (I hope that isn’t too much of a deterrence), and I plan to study Political Science next year at Michigan State University. That, or US History.

I do believe I have something to offer this forum, or at least, I really want to offer something. I’m not sure if you’ve run into any of my posts lately, but they’re usually pretty laughable attempts to get laughs (and rep). I do want to be more than that, and I need help to do that.

I'm willing to help you as much as I can. You definitely have a voice that you project well, but sometimes I find your writing to be difficult to read, and hard to follow. Your work has been hit or miss for me, but I like you personally. I'll work with both you and Zrise, and Remix if he truly wants to.

Although with Remix, and I would work better simply together, in a "two heads are better then one" type scenario. But I'll accept both ZRise and Rohan, for two reasons:

1. You're both guys I genuinely like, and are passionate about the forums.

2. Both of you seem to have a willingness to learn. I can't promise that I'll relay the sharp wit of JGlass, or the wisdom of a D-Man, but I'm a steady hand you can count on for advice, a helping hand, and a friend.

So Zrise, Rohan, what say you?

:D

As stated in D-Man's thread, I'm willing to accept your request to become a mentor/mentee pairing. What says you?

As for others:

I'm willing to take on two, so if D-Man turns you down, I'm not a bad second option. Feel free to apply here.

I absolutely am mate. Sorry, I got a bit distracted by dinner and a documentary.

I absolutely am mate. Sorry, I got a bit distracted by dinner and a documentary.

Not a problem whatsoever. So we've got Kotre, ZRise, Rohan, and this guy:

Whenever I click on a thread and see that you’ve posted, 9 times out of 10 I don’t comment. Why? I feel like there’s no need to. When you address an issue or tackle a topic, you do so in such an articulate and well informed manner, and as of now I don’t have the ability to do that. That’s why I would love to have you as my mentor; I believe you have a surplus in all the qualities I lack.

I know there are a lot better posters out there than me, and that many of them would/will jump at the opportunity to be your mentee (they’d excel at it too), but I believe I would benefit from it the most. And if you appreciate challenges, I think you’ll benefit too. So here’s a little about me:

I love wrestling with a passion. Though I’m 18 and I’ve only been watching WWE religiously since I moved to the US 2 and a half years ago (I’ve been a fan since I was 6) I’d like to think I know what I’m talking about (then again, who doesn’t?) and I’m dedicated to learning as much as possible. Currently, I‘m in the midst of watching Starrcade: The Essential Collection, one of many wrestling DVDs I got for Christmas.

I’m also really interested in politics, but I’m willing to admit I know relatively little. I consider myself socially liberal and fiscally conservative, but most of my ideas are purely based on what I believe to be right or wrong as opposed to what will help this county. I’m currently in high school (I hope that isn’t too much of a deterrence), and I plan to study Political Science next year at Michigan State University. That, or US History.

I do believe I have something to offer this forum, or at least, I really want to offer something. I’m not sure if you’ve run into any of my posts lately, but they’re usually pretty laughable attempts to get laughs (and rep). I do want to be more than that, and I need help to do that.

Folks, I love this post. One, I love a challenge, and he's offerring me one. I'm never one to turn that down. Further, he's being honest about himself. I'm always willing to help someone who wants to offer something to the forum, and there's no doubt whatsoever in my mind that he has the desire to do exactly that. Welcome to the team.

So we've got Kotre, Zrise, Rohan, and Magnum. I like this. I didn't think I'd go higher then 3, but all four presented solid cases as to why, so Im going to give this a chance.I like to think I'm diverse and knowledgeable on most things, but there are some things I'm clueless as the next guy about. I hope tall of these can be give/take type situations, because Im sure there's something each of you can teach me as well. I'm looking forward to working with all four of you, and getting to know you as well. PM me as needed and we'll get this thing off the ground!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back