RAW 15th, WORST MOMENT

Don't know if anyone mentioned this yet, but when Chris Jericho set up Stephanie McMahon with the apes from Planet of the Apes. You could hear a pin drop in that crowd...

Donald vs. Rosey?

Plus, the usuals, like Mae Young and the hand, Vince's limo exploding (and then the ******ed "FBI" investigation and testimonials from the wrestlers, just ludicrous. You could tell it was SO REAL), Val Venis getting his manhood chopped off, etc. etc....

Just goes to show that WWE or Vince McMahon or whomever will do anything for ratings or notoriety. But it has worked, they have mad a lot of $$$$$ over the years...

RAW is Owen - worst for a different reason. That night hit me with the realisation that these guys aren't superheroes that children (I was 9) want them to be and that they are human and get hurt like the rest of us.

I have to go with the following
5. Vince being the "Higher Power"
4. Mark Henry and the tranny
3. Austin being thrown off a 50ft bridge by the rock, the cut-shot ruined all sense of suspension of disbelief.
2. Katie Vick- Perhaps the only reason Kane has never had a major title run, this killed his cred.
1.Bischoff showing up on RAW, this one really p*ssed me off, I was so angry that Vince wanted to stroke his own ego by employing Bisch, he never should have been hired after trying to kill WWE and his lack of respect for wrestling fans.

Why has no one mentioned Vince's "Dr. Heinie" skit mocking Jim Ross when he was "fired" for the third time (or was it fourth? I can't remember)? When he pulled an OU football helmet out of his backside, I threw up a little in my mouth.

John Cena does NOT suck by any means. Think about it, what's the point of a WWE wrestler, is it to put on 5 star matches? No, is it to innovate new moves? No, has it EVER been about having the best in ring product? NO, it has ALWAYS been about selling. Selling merch, selling tix, ratings etc.

Cena gets these for WWE, that's the truest way to judge a pro wrestler, is he over. Yes Cena is massive over. "O, but they boo him because he sucks" no, you boo him because he WANTS you to boo him. That's right, Cena WANTS smart (and I use that loosely) marks to boo him. Why? Because he gets the best reactions that way, another goal of WWE. How does he do it? Well, he's a cheesey corny face that kids love and you hate, plus he puts on formulaic safe matches weekly (another goal for WWE, being safe) and on PPV he delivers with the best matches. His matches vs Umaga, HBK, and Orton were all great, he carried Khali to his best match ever that had a great story with it and how Cena beat him with the STFU.

If Cena was in ROH would he still be good? No, but the point of ROH isn't the same as WWE, there's a different criteria. Do you honestly think that a match like Aries vs Dragon would sell well with the WWE crowd? No, they'd shit all over it, just like the ROH crowd would shit all over Cena vs Orton.

Cena is an AMAZING WWE wrestler, he has the WWE main event style down perfectly, he sells a shitton of merch, he gets the loudest, most dynamic reactions, and anyone who he's associated with immediately gets the rub. Internet fans need to realize that their opinion does not matter with the WWE, why would they cater to your needs when you're not the main fanbase? That'd be stupid.

There's a reason ROH is a niche product, because the mainstream doesn't want to see 5'9" 185 pound pale Bryan Danielson work a deep story into every match, I want to see that, but I don't confuse personal preference with truth. The truth is that entertainment sells better than sport, all the proof you need is that American Idol gets higher ratings than MLB, NFL, and NBA playoffs. Only the Superbowl outdraws it, and the Superbowl is in a different category because it's just as much a social and entertainment event to hang out with friends and laugh at the commericals as it is a sporting event.

Just so you don't think I'm a mindless Cena mark (which is probably what most of you Meltzer Kool Aid drinking, "smart" mark sheep are thinking right now) just know that I have a collection of VHS/Tapes that's about 45 days long that contains WCW, WWF/E, ECW, ROH, Chikara, PWG, NOAH, AJPW, NJPW, Tourymon, Dragon Gate, CZW, and various other biographies, documentaries, best ofs, and instructional wrestling. I have been a fan for over 10 years and go to a ton of local indy events.

Bottom line, think outside the box, what makes wrestling great is it's versatility, I don't want WWE to look like ROH, I like ROH seperate from WWE, WWE is a different product, you just have to learn to understand the qualities, that's why Shelton Benjamin isn't a good wrestler in the WWE. Sure I like him, but he has 0 charisma and no character, which is what a WWE wrestler is should be all about.

Think of it this way, there are "E" standards and (for the sake of this) "ROH" standards, Shelton Benjamin is a B+ ROH wrestler and a C WWE wrestler, CM Punk was an A ROH wrestler, and has moved to the WWE and changed his style to become a B WWE wrestler.

Pro Wrestling is all about catering to your audience and Cena does that very well in the WWE, just like Bryan Danielson does a great job at what he does in ROH.

And Bean, the Droz accident was on Smackdown, we are talking about Raw right?

I'm pissed they didn't go with the Mr.Kennedy as Vince's son angle. I think the story line would have been over by now if it was kennedy....kennedy cuz he was going be pushed in singles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back