• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rap Music

Ahh,this is where i'm good at. I love Immortal Technique, and Weezy is crazy on the mic. If you wanna listen to lyrics about current events go listen to Immortal Technique. If you jus want some fire tracks, go listen to Weezy

Weezy is the king right now he's been droppin the best tracks right now . ex We takin Over by himself and then with Rick Ross and crew, Cannon, I cant feel my face, Its me Bitches Remix.

Hypnotize Minds is the real good dirty south crunk shit, mostly underground, only main stream are the super producers 3 6 mafia, but listen to Lil wyte - best white rapper without a doubt, has a good flow. Frayser boy, project pat, chrome, crunchy black, gangsta blac, just some of the rappers i listen to.

I think Kanye is pretty good, along with Jay-Z, Ludacris, and T.I. I really don't understand why everybody thinks that all of today's rappers suck. Yeah, a lot do, but there are still quite a few good ones out there. And not everybody is a Tupac or Biggie, either.

Well, songs like "Smack That" and "Belly Dancer" can be considered rap.

It's bad rap though. All of his songs are pretty perverted to. Seriously every Akon song involves sex somehow. But I guess it's good that he doesn't go with the standard MIMS or Jim Jones crappy way of all the songs being about how they think their awesome.

Chamillionaire is probably the best today. He has really good lyrics and is just all around good. He's one of the only mainstream rappers currently that's not really bad. He was underground for a while and I think that helped him become really good. Instead of guys like MIMS who just kinda pop up with a song with bad lyrics but kids in the suburbs seem to love it.

OK I just want to inform everyone that this thread is now the Official Rap Thread. Meaning all things associated with rap go in here from best rapper currently, to best rapper ever, new rap cds coming out. So Please keep all things Rap in here if failure to do so will result in a warning or an infraction which can eventually lead to a banning.

Thank You,
AJ

I cannot believe the amount of terrible "mainstream" rappers being listed in this thread as the "best" rappers. Have any of you ever checked out any underground rap? Ill Bill, Necro (though, does have a terrible lisp), Camu Tao, Cage, Aesop Rock, etc, etc. All of those guys are a hell of a lot better than more than 90% of the artists listed in this thread so far. IMO.

i dont like alot of rap except like papoose, geto boys,wu-tang, and gillie da kid he could fuck weezy up any day

okay Eminem has to be up there he is loved and his lyrics are basically about his life. Lil wayne is great especially his mix tapes like the dedication 2 and he has a newer one thats sweet also. T.i. is great i loved every song on his king cd. but getting back to lil wayne i loved every single song on the carter 2. that was sick. honestly though imo i would say eminem because i have like 16 underground cds of his and they are classics and most rap fans would love it. some of his disses are also hard so if anyone ever gets a chance try to check them out. they wont let you down. eminem brings you into his world and most rappers cant do that so eminem is a legend in the business

serious question werent Eminems earlier cds about like taking his girlfriend out in the woods and killing her? I honestly dont know and one of my friends was saying that so i figured you would know more about that. but your right about his music its about real life stuff and that makes it so much more meaningful than like cars and shit

yeah but his old music was also about his life and about wat his wife did to him and if ur wife did that to u u would probably say the same things about her and his new music is great too cuz it is all about his life especially halies song and cleanin out my closet which by far i think is my fav. song by him

To me Snoop Fucking Dogg is the best singer ever to sing, live, and fuck in USA. Akon's song "I wanna fuck you" where SD feats is brilliant. Just listen him singing that song with Akon and u'll know then.

I would have to say Kanye West just b/c his raps do have some meaning to them. He is also a very outspoken rapper which is great. I also think Eminem & 50 Cent are both amazing rappers. I also think Classified & Kardinal Official(canadian rappers) are both real good and people should give them a listen if they haven't already!

Best Rapper? Hmm. Probably T.I or this unknown that I listen to Jon Young. T.I just because he is really catchy and his music is easy to listen to, and Jon Young because he raps in a totally different style then most. If you're a rap fan, check Jon Young out sometime. He has an official myspace page.

ok the best rapper is wayne everything he drops turns to gold especially the drought 3 a cd that will be put on a pedistol for future albums. A guy who is a lot like lil wayne who virutally nobody knows about is Gillie Da Kid from philly he spits hot fire fo rizo people have claimed that wayne stole his lyrics to get into the game i recommend him

personally im down with the clown (insane clown posse) ive been down for a long time now i love the way they can wrap in shit into there raps like hidden messages most people say icp are a bunch of bigot trashing fould mouth old hacks but they have some meaning to most of there songs most people can get throght the cuss words and other stuff to see them but some can and thats good

I kno a lot of people here dont like rap... But for those who do.. Who you think is the best rapper?

I know I am a bit late on this subject being the newb and all, but I found the question rather intriguing. For me, it would be a toss up between Nas and Jay Z. Nas from a lyrical flow standpoint and Jay Z from an entertainment perspective. Back in the day, no one could touch Nas when it came to flowin' on the mic. Maybe Eminem is a close third, but that's another story for another day. But perhaps I am a bit old school when it comes to saying that hip hop was good up until the mid nineties. Before P Diddy became the catalyst for making millions off of recycled sample, the rap industry actually had some integrity. But now, as songs are recycled, rap artists continue to mar their own images with bad behavior, and just general disinterest, it's not suprising that modern day rap continues to sink further and further into the unknown depths of the shitter.

Interesting choices Elijah, lol. I downloaded some of the Gillie Da Man, and he isnt half bad. Why did Gillie and Wayne do a song after most of Gillie's song is a diss to Wayne?

because at first wayne used gillie and then out of nowhere when he got big dissed gillie so know he started a feud but not to many people know of him so he cant feud properly, and it would be hard because of how good wayne has got

Wow, I FULLY believe Wayne is over rated. But because the REAL rappers arent publisized enough hes the ''Best''

Jamie Madrox of Twiztid. The man can get you laughing, He can have you think, and he could make you rewind and try to understand what he said. Thoughtful and multiple styled (Hence the X-factor influenced name for the Multiple Man)

Papoose: For obvious reasons, MOstly what people have already mentioned. I think word play is his best attribute. BUT, Im waiting for his album to truely see if the man can write hot songs, not just hot mixtapes.

Tech N9ne: THE MOST versatile rapper alive Bar none. The man can rap like twista one bar, then slow it up, then he could have you laughing within the SAME Verse. I put him up against everyone track for track in uniqueness.

Eminem: What hasnt been said about this man that wasnt said before. Literally the greatest rhyme rapper, ever. If not the best ever period. SO WHAT if Encore wasnt amazing. His rhymes were sometimes at there best on that very album. I say hail to teh REAL GREATEST RAPPER ALIVE and it sure as HELL aint little WAYNE (Misspelled on purpose.)

Gza: Possibly the most depe rooted, and deep thinkin mc of all time. You could hear a verse, Take something from it, and the man meant something entriely different. I want to give him the crown, but his only crutch is that his versatility isnt as high as some of my otehr favorites

Wow, I FULLY believe Wayne is over rated. But because the REAL rappers arent publisized enough hes the ''Best''
Honestly though, Wane has vastly improved in his rhyming and flows since becoming the adopted son of Birdman. Every song on the Carter ll was good if you liked that kind of music. His mix tapes are awesome, and are the very funny when it comes to rapping off of other peoples rap.

Tech N9ne: THE MOST versatile rapper alive Bar none. The man can rap like twista one bar, then slow it up, then he could have you laughing within the SAME Verse. I put him up against everyone track for track in uniqueness.
Not too bash on your opinion, but IMO Tech n9ne is awful, it reminds me of a played off but little finely tuned version of twista, and for someone to say tech n9ne in a song on a constant basis is boring. But too each is own.

Eminem: What hasnt been said about this man that wasnt said before. Literally the greatest rhyme rapper, ever. If not the best ever period. SO WHAT if Encore wasnt amazing. His rhymes were sometimes at there best on that very album. I say hail to teh REAL GREATEST RAPPER ALIVE and it sure as HELL aint little WAYNE (Misspelled on purpose.)
The man is a lyricist genius if that makes sense. He is living proof that you dont have to rap about hot woman, clubs and 40 ounces. I have over 30 Eminem Cd's, 20 are mostly under ground and some are mixtapes and i thought Encore was a great Cd, so many good songs IMO, Like Toy Soldier, Evil Deeds, Yellow Brick Road, Mocking Bird, Crazy in Love, and even Curtains Down were all good in there own way. I believe Like Toy Soldiers is one of his best songs, it is behind the Way I Am, White America, and Cleaning Out My Closet, but Like Toy Soldiers wasa great song, the beat was great and the rhymes were just great, and the music video helps recognize what the Song was truly about.

I believe Yung Joc should be recognized as an elite rapper now because his most recent Cd was good, and New Joc City was a pretty solid Cd top too bottom, and has some very catchy tunes while in the mix.

C'mon, Young Joc? Thats terrible. Awful. Almost as bad as that Souljah Boy crap. Maybe I'm biased, but in my opinion a rap song should involve somer actual lyrical content and quality. Not four bars, said over and over again after a chorus or a hook like every Young Joc song I've ever heard. Almost all of these rappers on MTV just piss me off because they really aren't talented at all. Atleast most of them aren't. Kanye West has got a ton of talent, but he's hit or miss with music IMO. Lil Wayne is definately very talented lyrically, but I can only listen to so many guest spots in R and B songs before I lose respect for a rapper.

Right now there are only a select few rappers I listen to on a regular basis. These are all the most talented IMO. Big L, Biggie, Wu Tang, Immortal Technique, Jedi Mind Tricks/Vinnie Paz, 7L & Esoteric, Dilated Peoples, etc.

C'mon, Young Joc? Thats terrible. Awful. Almost as bad as that Souljah Boy crap. Maybe I'm biased, but in my opinion a rap song should involve somer actual lyrical content and quality.

Couldn't be more true. After hearing Souljah Boy, I high fived a deaf dude and said "I envy you sometimes."

Even if a rap song has a decent beat I can't listen to it because most of the lyrics are god awful. Some of the "artists" are so bad it pisses me off that they make money off of the crap they put out. I would rather shit a cactus while puking blood than listen to lil Jon.

I kno a lot of people here dont like rap... But for those who do.. Who you think is the best rapper?

I can't specify one, but some of my favourites would include Eminem, Ghostface Killah, Genius/GZA, Ol' Dirty Bastard and Nas. GZA is probably my overall favourite though. His rhyming is incredibly dense and complex, with a laid back flow and extremely smooth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back