• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rap Music

A lot of everybody's choices are good, but you guys give no love to the old school. Like Gang Starr, maybe some Tribe Called Quest, or some Rakim, man even the Beastie Boys deserve some love. Also, nobody has said a word about Andre 3000, who is one of the most creative MC's of the last decade. You guys are on the money picking Eminem, Ghostface, Jay-Z, and Nas. But Lil' Wayne and Chamillionare? C'mon.

I'll admit it when i was younger all i listend to was rap it didnt matter who it was as long as it was rap. Now there are only a certain few rappers i listen to. 50 cent his lyrics still have some meanings to them. Chingy, i dont know what i like about him but his lyrics are catchy. sometimes Eminem but i have listend to all his songs over and over again so i am over them. and the hilltop hoods their music is catchy and has a story to the music. i dont know if they are known outside Australia but if you are interested in rap give them a listen. they are much better then that souljah boy.

Let me put this way:I would rather eat dog waste,puke up blood,and watch paint dry than l;isten to rap music.except for some Kid Rock and a few Will Smith songs.I can't understand what a rapper says and when I can it sounds like something a retatred dude would say,like this:Soulja Boy off in this hoe watch me crank it watch me roll watch me crank that soulja boy and superman that hoe.that is about the stupidest stuff I have EVER heard.In my opinion,we would be much better withOUT rap music.

I'll admit it when i was younger all i listend to was rap it didnt matter who it was as long as it was rap. Now there are only a certain few rappers i listen to. 50 cent his lyrics still have some meanings to them. Chingy, i dont know what i like about him but his lyrics are catchy. sometimes Eminem but i have listend to all his songs over and over again so i am over them. and the hilltop hoods their music is catchy and has a story to the music. i dont know if they are known outside Australia but if you are interested in rap give them a listen. they are much better then that souljah boy.

haha thats funny you mention Hilltop Hoods because I have a friend whos very in to them and is always trying to force them onto me, my view is that lyrically theyre quite good but I just cant get into them because the beats and flows for the most part are not too good IMO. what I listen to alot is Lupe Fiasco and I honesly think lyrically hes the best out there not only can he freestyle like a champ but he can also tell a story like no other rapper and to be honest if he werent retiring after his next album I hnestly think he could carry rap on his back for a long time its just a shame his talent could go to waste.

I'm A Huge Rap Fan And My Favorites Are Lil Wayen And Eminem

Lil Wayne- Maybe the Best Rapper Ever. He Is Very Lyrical And The Guy Is Only 25. He Already Has Hits Like "Gossip" Or "Lollipop" or "I'm Me" Or "Sky Is The Limit" And He Still Has His Whole Career Ahead Of Him.

Eminem- If You Listen To Any Of His Songs You Know Why People Say He Is the Best. Eminem Is Great And He Is So Lyrical Also His Songs Are Diverse. Like In "When I'm Gone" And In "Mockingbird" He Sings About His Daughter Haily. But Then In "Puke" And "Kim" He Sings About His Hatred For Kim. Eminem Is A Deep Rapper And Raps About His Life And Not About Making Out or Anything Like That.

~Jake Venom

you just said lil wayne mayb the best rapper ever :blink:
i wouldnt put lil wayne in my top 5 or even top 10. hes song all really sound the same no real messages in them .but for rap in 2008 is good but he will never be in the best ever thats for the likes of biggie,nas,tupac,jay-z,and emimen,

Right now Lil' Wayne has the top album, and I think the kid has a lot of talent. Good lyrics, a great beat and "Lolipop" is a thing of beauty, absulutely filthy with hardly any cussing at all.

I'm old school. I love Slick Rick, Will Smith.

Greatest rap song ever? Rappers Delight by the Sugarhill Gang. Oh yeah. I almost forgot Whodini.

Rap gets a bad rep because it bothers rich white people that young black men can get rich. THAT'S WHY! Nevermind the drug infested rock bands of the 60s and 70s, or the political spurting moron singers. A young black dude figures instead of breaking the law he'll make an honest living? CAN'T HAVE THAT!

Fuck people who talk shit about rap. Yes, there is some violence, but, again, there were drugs and violence in rock, too. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE rock n roll, but tell it like it is.

I find rap very entertaining when done well. Bad rap sucks, just like any other bad music. I love Snoop Dog, but let's face it, "Drop It Like It's Hot" sucked a 10 incher! His remake of "Lodi Dodi" however, was great.

Public Enemy. Just so absolutely filthy and funny you had to love it.

Eminem? One of the most talented wordsmiths I've seen. Vanilla Ice can't wipe Eminem's ass.

As a white guy, I enjoy it, and respect some of these kids who grew up in poor, violent neighborhoods and made something of themselves.

And, for the white rich political media, I say this. "i'm the c-a-s-an-the-o-v-a

and the rest is f-l-y

ya see i go by the code of the doctor of the mix

and these reasons i'll tell ya why."

'Nuff said.

i love rap music its one of my fav types of music and i listen to all kinds. but this generation of rap is just garbage the only ppl that are good are jay-z,nas,kanye west, and lil wayne.and i always find lil wayne 50/50 hes either really good or he sucks. the worst is rich white kids wearing G-UNIT saying 50cent is the best rapper ever but he only had 1 hot cd.rap is all opinion everybody has there one top 5 i would never but lil wayne in my top 10 were other ppl would put him as there #1

You people dont know this but im a underground rapping sensation. they call me Whitey Mcrap.Im not proud of bieng a rapper because i realy dont like rap but i have the gift of flowing and i intend to flow it.

With that said John Cena has got to be the best rapper. His lyrics are so crisp and fresh. He has a very clean natural flow and he is very listenable. John Cena has all the skills to become the next great white rapper. Or he could be the next DR. seuss

McDiddy is right. Z-ro is way better than anyone else you have listed. You tube a song called no help by trae. Z-ro has the first verse and kills it. Limewire Look what you did to me.

Everyone keeps saying Chamillionaire, and that's cool, but you should listen to old chamillionaire. He wrecked it then. Paul Wall even used to be tight. Scarface's the G-Code is one of the best rap songs ever.

Now, Banks sucks. 50 sucks. G-Unit sucks. The talented rappers left. Buck is throed. Game is pretty good. If you listen to the new Bun B album you will understand why East Coast rap is terrible. I don't care if it started there, it has been mastered elsewhere. I used to think Nas was the best rapper, but he's gotten too revolutionary.

UGK for life.

I'm going to go with....

Fred Durst, lead of Limp Bizkit.

Limp Bizkit are a great band who have been around for a long time and made many hits like Take A Look Around, Nookie, My Generation and of course, Rollin amongst many other hits. Not only is he (Fred Durst) good in the studio, he is also a good performer live aswell and he was good at WrestleMania 19, even though the crowd didn't seem to into it at the start of Rollin.

Can't wait for their new album.

Fred Durst is not rap. Rap is the old school like Run DMC, KRS-One, Kurtis Blow, LL Cool J. Rap is Tupac and Biggie. Rap is Snoop, Nas, Ludacris, Jay-Z, and Eminem. Anybody who doesnt like rap because it's about drugs and violence doesnt know what they are talking about because with the exception of pop music that's how everything is. Rap is the best and most diverse music because even people who listen to rock still have that one rapper or one rap song that bump on the way to work. No other music can say that.

the thread says best rapper right, well Big Pac Pimp All off the list. R.I.P. what a shame.
i would say jeezy but to many ad libs, weezy by far is better then banks. banks sounds like 50 and banks has a ghost writer. i would have to say that MR. West is the best rapper right now mabey tell i hear t.i. new joint

Lil' Wayne IS NOT the best rapper. On Wayne's songs, it's his hooks and who he has with him thats good. To me RARELY (sp) he has a good song by hiself. And alot of his lyrics (talking about Carter 3 right now) don't even make sence. He got alright songs, but best rapper, far from it.

Now to me the best rapers going right now, Kanye West, Lupe Fiasco, Nas, Eminem, Game, Chamillionaire and Banks to name a few. YES LLOYD BANKS. LLoyd Banks is way better than Wayne, and I don't believe he's got a ghost writer. Until I hear that from other people, or other sources. Until then, he's 1 of the best rappers to me. Chamillionaire and Lupe Fiasco are real good. They don't get exposure like Wayne andd others so people don't they good. But lyricly, spitting real stuff, they some of the best, and I put them over Wayne too.

Lil Wayne really is a good rapper. With that being said "The Carter 3" is a very weak album, lyrically. Their are a few good tracks but most of the raps and beats seem weak, and Lil Wayne himself doesn't sound up to par. The thing is Lil Wayne really didn't get tons of exsposure until this album. The Carter 3 sold over 1 million copies during the first week and is almost nearing the 2 million mark. He has also got a #1 song, and other hits, so fans seem to be enjoying his new stuff, but for me its just ok. Other really great rappers that I enjoy include Lupe Fiasco, Kanye West, and Common. I also really like Eminem but his last few albums(Curtain Call, Encore) are not as good as his earlier works imo.

I'm a huge Ludacris fan. The lyrics he has in his songs are brillant and hilarious. Just listen to Word of Mouf, great cd. That cd was awesome. The songs were top notch and some parts made me laugh my ass off. Roll Out is one of the best rap songs I've heard.

Kanye West is another rapper I think that is one of the best right now. Graduation was a sick album, liked every song on that cd. The lines he has in his songs are wicked and the way he plays with words and makes it relevant is cool too. (akon - a con).

Akon is my second favourite rapper behind Ludacris. Every song I've heard from this guy is awesome. He's a great rapper and also a great singer, like in Don't Matter or I Can't Wait. I love his style and his sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back