1.bun b
2.pimp c
3.trae
4.z-ro
5.guerilla maab (back then)
6.UGK (cant wait for the album)
7.NAS
8.lil flip
9.all of swishahouse (except mike ''the dyke'' jones)
and the list goes on....

If you listen to joe budden mood muzik 2 then you will understand why he is the best rapper not to many people know about.(He's the best out to me)
From the midwest it's Lupe hands Down. his album is fire.
Downsouth the king is T.I. I just love his music and all his albums are enjoyable. I dont listen to west coast music so i cant cmment.
and i forgot about Royce da 5'9" his lyrics are krazy

Anyone listen to bayshit.

MAC DRE
Dubee?
Andre Nickitina?

BAY AREAAAAAAAAAAAAA

oh yeah and e-40 whos heard tell me when to go. pretty gay song.

Bay shit's tigth tho/ Its underground san fransisco shit.

Askif you want more info and ill tell you some hella tight shit

Honestly, Hip Hop is dead right now.. The best album to drop over the last like 6 months is either Nas - Hip Hop Is Dead or Shady Records - The Re-Up.. Both hott albums.. But best rapper now? Definatly Nas or Em.. The rest just keep saying the same shit in different ways.. Kinda wack.

From here on out, make sure that you add more to your post then just a list. Add your reasons why you are selecting who you are selecting. Add something that can help assist in the thread convo wise. No warnings now but make sure that it doesnt happen from here on out or I will issue some warnings

Im looking forward to:
Bone Thugs-N-Harmony - Strength & Loyalty - May 8th
Chamillionaire - Ultimate Victory - June 5th

Chamillionaire, Nas, and Bone Thugs-N-Harmony are the best rappers today I think. I like Chamillionaire because he has great lyrics especially for a southern rapper. Nas is one of the greats and is also a great lyricist. Bone Thugs-N-Harmony have great flow and are from Cleveland. Chamillionaire and Bone Thugs-N-Harmony are both coming out with new albums soon so I'm getting ready for some great new songs.

Jay Z: he IS on this list, and always should be. You can say what you want about him, but the dude is crazy good. He wields so much power, and its all because of his rap game. He freestyled his way to Wall Street. He freestyles most of his albums. He is a made man, and doesn't even have to make another album, but he does. What I'm sick of is Tupac coming out with new albums (nothing against Pac, but seriously I'm tired of new albums)

Chamillionare: Mix Tape Messiah, the dude is just good, hands down.

Eminem: If you have ever heard any of this freestyles, or any of his songs where he disses Ja Rule or anthing. Need I say more.

50 Cent: Before he went platinum, before the bling and the window shopping. The dude was fucking amazing. If you don't believe me, check out some of his albums before Get Rich Or Die Trying.

DJ Slug from Atmosphere: Lyrical Genius, makes you think before you dance to the beat.

Sage Francis: If no one has ever heard of him, I strongly suggest you listen to the "Makeshift Patriot"

Immortal Technique: Any rapper, that can be arrested by the government for his political raps, is DEFINITELY worth checking out... check out, "Dance With The Devil (the most hardcore rap song ever cut)" and check out "Obnoxious"

Pac and Biggy: For their time, def greats.

Ja Rule: Before the lovefest.

Lil Flip: The dude is just fun to listen to. lol

Finally Jamie Madrox and Monoxide Child (collectively known as Twiztid): now, you can go ahead and laugh and just think they are an ICP rip off band... but if you listen to their lyrics, the guys are insane. They mix gangster rap and horror movies into such a tight blend, that not even ICP could fuck with em. Twiztid is so underrated, because they won't sign with any major label. Sure the rapping might not be what you hear on the radio, but if you listen to a lot of their songs, not only is there a message in em (not the murdering) but there are some tight fucking rhymes.

btw... I'm on this list to... lol

Thank God no-one mentioned Puff Daddy! I mean seriously, who buys his records? He can't rap and his beats are shit.

Best Rappers alive:

1. Mos Def
2. Talib Kweli
3. Jay-Z
4. Ghostface Killah
5. Kanye West
6. Roots Manuva (UK rapper)

I've just lost all interest in Eminem and G-Unit/50 Cent etc. Tupac really wasn't that good, and any credibility he had has disappeared due to the Puff Daddy releasing any shit with 2-pacs name on it to make some money.

Thank god for the list above me. Everyone seems to be forgetting the underground, where the sickest rappers are these days.

1. Immortal Technique - Ridiculiously skilled, amazing flow, and raps about things that actually matter such as politics and the poor instead of bitches and hoes.
2. Talib Kweli - Another ridiculiously skilled guy with an amazing flow who also raps about things that matter. His work with Mos Def in Black Star is astounding.
3. Papoose - I've started to really dislike the usual raps about money drugs and women, but this guy is just too skilled to deny. Reminds me of a younger Big L.
4. Black Thought (The Roots) - Just listen to the song "The Web" from the Roots and you'll see why he's on this list. Amazing flow, amazing rhymes, and the band actually plays their own instruments. The most talented rap group ever.

Those are off the top of my head for the moment. If you wanna talk best of all time--- Big L. Hands down. No one even touches his rhymes, not Biggie, not Pac, no one.

Thank god for the list above me. Everyone seems to be forgetting the underground, where the sickest rappers are these days.

1. Immortal Technique - Ridiculiously skilled, amazing flow, and raps about things that actually matter such as politics and the poor instead of bitches and hoes.
2. Talib Kweli - Another ridiculiously skilled guy with an amazing flow who also raps about things that matter. His work with Mos Def in Black Star is astounding.
3. Papoose - I've started to really dislike the usual raps about money drugs and women, but this guy is just too skilled to deny. Reminds me of a younger Big L.
4. Black Thought (The Roots) - Just listen to the song "The Web" from the Roots and you'll see why he's on this list. Amazing flow, amazing rhymes, and the band actually plays their own instruments. The most talented rap group ever.

Those are off the top of my head for the moment. If you wanna talk best of all time--- Big L. Hands down. No one even touches his rhymes, not Biggie, not Pac, no one.

Aww thanks. ;) I think Black On Both Sides and The New Danger are two of the great rap albums of all time. and Ghostface Killah is the most consistently excellent member of the Wu-Tang. In my opinion, Old Dirty Bastard is the best dead rapper!

I do prefer it when rappers have something to say, and that definitely applies to Mos Def and Talib Kweli. I also think 'Legend Of The Liquid Sword' by GZA is a classic.

Damn, I just remembered as well. Missy Elliott. How could I forget? Easily the best female rapper of all time, had a lot of help from Timbaland, but got the rhymes to match the beats. Also (whisper it) she's actually kinda sexy since she lost some weight!

I've just lost all interest in Eminem and G-Unit/50 Cent etc. Tupac really wasn't that good, and any credibility he had has disappeared due to the Puff Daddy releasing any shit with 2-pacs name on it to make some money.

WHAT?????? Puffy didn't release any Pac. Suge Knight and "Death Row" or "The Row" as they are known now, keeps releasing tracks from Pac. Eminem also got the rights to a lot of Pacs studio stuff, but Em doesn't capitalize on it as much as Suge does. Puffy releases more and more of Biggys stuff.

And a fact that isn't very well known, but is the God honest truth, 50 Cent used to write a lot of Puffy's raps, when 50 was still in the street Puffy would get him to write for him.

WHAT?????? Puffy didn't release any Pac. Suge Knight and "Death Row" or "The Row" as they are known now, keeps releasing tracks from Pac. Eminem also got the rights to a lot of Pacs studio stuff, but Em doesn't capitalize on it as much as Suge does. Puffy releases more and more of Biggys stuff.

And a fact that isn't very well known, but is the God honest truth, 50 Cent used to write a lot of Puffy's raps, when 50 was still in the street Puffy would get him to write for him.

I apologise, I got my 'no-talent rappers pissing on guys graves' mixed up :D

Everything, and I mean everything, released 'by' Tupac and Biggie has been terrible since they were killed.

There have been some good songs by them after their deaths. Maybe not every song is great but each of Pac's new albums has had like one or two decent songs. But I agree that the full albums really aren't worth buying and just getting the few good songs.

The only 'Pac album I've liked after his death was the first one Makaveli, which was actually done by him and not Suge. I agree that pretty much every single thing released since his death has been shit. I won't even touch what they've done to Biggie--Duets? One of the biggest pieces of shit I've ever heard. Bob Marley and Biggie are legends, but mixing them is just a stupid, stupid idea.

Might as well also mention the legends that are Raekwon, Ghostface Killah, Inspectah Deck, Method Man, GZA and the RZA. Everything they touch is gold.

And I hate to want to start shit with my boy DC, but Twiztid? C'mon man...any clown that raps automatically has painted himself in a corner as a douchebag. But atleast they've got more talent that ICP, dear god they are horrible. Everyone on Psycopathic is just garbage, maybe Necro has got some talent. But they use any talent they have and rap about the stupidest shit ever. If I want to hear a song about raping dead people...well I don't, why the fuck would anyone?

Also I can't believe I didn't mention this...

Vinnie fucking Paz. That man is THE man right now and until he dies or someone better comes along I don't see that changing. Army of the Pharoahs is one of the sickest groups ever comprised ever. No one can spit ridiculious metaphors and shit that you actually have to read the lyrics to understand at all like Paz. Jedi Mind Tricks forever baby.

Don't know about the best rapper alive but I can tell you who I personally look forward to hearing new stuff from....

Twista - Before the sellout style flip, Twista IMO was a standout quick mouth rapper that I couldn't get enough of.

Kanye West - How can you not respect a guy that says whatever he want's whenever he wants? Kanye is the perfect mix of real and mainstream IMO, if he has a message he'll blurt it out, and some of the times he just wants to have a little fun.

T.I. - Not sure how big I am of the sellout style flip but T.I. is one of my favorite rappers right now, he just has a simplistic flow that I enjoy alot and TrapMusik is one of my6 favorite rap albums of all-time.

Luda/Eminem - Both have that incredible free flow comedy style I olove to hear alot, while most may not consider them "True" contenders to the best rapper mantle IMO they are more deserving then most of the "Norm" picks due to their un-rivaled creative drive.

Mos Def/Talib Kweli - Two of the most intellegent and thoughtful rappers period, both have a certain way with words that make me fall in love with every track they flow on, IMO neither one gets the respect they truly deserve as IMO they make be the best two rappers in the world peroid.

Also in a sidenote Tupac was a great rapper and had some of the greatest rap albums period IMO, how can you judge him by his latest albums when he's been dead for years? IMO he has already cemented his legacy as one of the best ever....Same with Biggie.

As far as the best inactive rapper i'd go with my boy Dr. Dre say whatever you want about him but when he drops an album is prue gold, 2001 is still played pretty regular at my house and is one of my favorite rap albums of all-time.

Best rapper alive....hummm

I dont think i could pin it down to one...Well the candidates for the best rappers/lyricists alive today IMO would be...

Apathy - He has my respect as a white guy who can flow better than eminiem, and sounds alot more intelligent than most rappers out there, probably cos his lyrics arent all bitches/guns/40's. Eastern philsophy is a solid album all the way through and deff worth a listen, if you have any interest in Hip-Hop. Plus check out the DEMIGODZ, they are his crew and are all brillaint.

http://www.myspace.com/apathy

Sage Francis - Hands down Best Lyricist of this generation, no competition...plus he can rap...maybe not the tighest flows, but his writing abilty and subject matter mixed with complex metaphors make up for it.

Http://www.sagefrancis.net
http://www.myspace.com/sagefrancis

And i couldnt have said it better....
ShowTyme27 - Mos Def/Talib Kweli - Two of the most intellegent and thoughtful rappers period, both have a certain way with words that make me fall in love with every track they flow on, IMO neither one gets the respect they truly deserve as IMO they make be the best two rappers in the world peroid

Ghostface - the only guy that left the Wu that is still making albums...this guy is hot property and always has been.

Mf doom- he embodies an old school style and he spits tighter than anyone around.

That's awesome that you'd mention Sage Francis, as he's from RI just a few blocks from where I live and is constantly doing shows around here. He is great, I'd agree, especially for a middle-aged white guy :D

But yeah Apathy as well, can't believe I never mentioned him, he is ridiculiously sick.

I have loved Sage for ages, the whole Strange famous records roster is brilliant really. It is well hard to get any of his stuff in the UK though.

You got his A healthy Distrust album?

If I'd have to choose who my favorite is? Common. I enjoy pretty much the entire record when he puts out a release. He also doesn't completely fill his records up with skits. That stuff pisses me off to no end. Plus, he is highly intelligent at surrounding himself with ultra-competent producers to get the best out of each record. Questlove and then Kanye. Brilliant.

the best rapper right now would have to be chamillionaire. Im not really into mainstream so i was listening to his stuff before anybody even knew who he was, and it was amazing. Even though he's become out there a little more, his music is still amazing

as far as mainstream media goes.... Chamilionaire or The GAME everyone else is garbage.

I'm tired of the Deerty South. The weak and their Rhymes are Corney. they say the same lines over and over again. "SLAP THAT TRICK"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back