• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Randy Orton Fails Wellness test?

Having said this, if it is accurate, then he has to be released, doesn't he?

Yes, definitely, 100% yes, he would have to be fired........except that it would never happen. Not with someone who has the star power of Randy Orton; and not someone whom the company has invested so much in. He's too much a part of the WWE machine to be dumped for something that could so easily be covered up with, for instance, a made-up injury.

Consider a lesser example: last year, Alex Riley was arrested for a DUI. This is the kind of thing WWE would use to release a performer.....and they'd make a lot of noise in the media doing it, to let the public know that they're rigidly enforcing their own policies. After all, the guy is only a lower-card wrestler; it's not as if he's.....well, Randy Orton.

Yet, Riley wasn't forced to sit out a single day. I say this was because he was heavily involved in a program with the Miz, so the company conveniently ignored their "hard-fast" policy rather than mess up their program.

If they do this with Alex Riley for committing a legitimate violation, do you think they're going to cut Randy Orton adrift?

The more valuable the employee, the more they can get away with.

This can't be accurate. Rumors are floating around about an injury that will see him miss a few months of in-ring action, but I highly doubt that this report is correct. This isn't 2006. Randy Orton is smart enough at this point to not violate the wellness policy. He is one of the federation's top guys and obviously knows he would lose this spot if he ever did anything to damage the reputation of the organization he represents.

The rules are in place for a reason and I'm sure many will disagree with me, but if this is true then he does need to be fired and for multiple reasons. The first is due to the negative attention that a wellness policy violation gets the WWE when it's one of their top guys who violated it. They cannot afford any negative publicity and having someone they have pushed hard for years violate the wellness policy is one of the absolute last things they need. Secondly, if Orton isn't smart enough to realize this, then he deserves what he gets. He should know better by now. Finally, the guys on the roster need to know that the rules are in place for EVERYONE and that no one is "safe" or above the law. Orton would need to be let go as an example to the others that they MUST follow the rules or suffer the same fate.

I really like Orton so I hope that it is untrue and that he will not be future endeavoured. Worst case scenario, if he does have to go, then someone like Sheamus can be pushed in his place.

Like many others, until I see this from a CREDIBLE source, I can't help but think this is just idle speculation based on nothing more than wishful thinking on the part of some creative forum posters at theDDT.com, whoever the hell they are. I am taking this with multiple grains of salt.

I hope this isn't true. Randy is too over in the WWE right now. If he had to be released the WWE could lose popularity, Randy could go to TNA and become Mr. Anderson Part II. The fact is that if this was Santino Marella, they'd release him, but since it's Randy Orton, they won't release him.

Well, the WWE has released an official statement, which raises one very funny point that I bolded:

WWE.com has released details concerning Randy Orton's condition following an injury he suffered at Tuesday's SmackDown taping, including how long The Viper could be sidelined.

Although the full extent of his injury remains to be seen, WWE physician Dr. Michael Sampson examined Orton and updated WWE.com about his condition.

"Randy suffered a herniated disc on the L4-L5 level on the left side, and that’s resulting in pain and weakness down his leg." Sampson explained. "He's going to need some time off for rehab, anti-inflammatory medications and physical therapy."

WWE.com adds that the injury could keep him sidelined for a few weeks.

Sheamus will replace Orton in Street Fights against Wade Barrett at WWE live events this week.

...a few weeks. Say, 30 days perhaps? Wellness? Yeah, I thought so.

Not for a second so I believe this is true.

If it was true though he definetly should be released, he has deep ties with the company so i'm sure he'd go and sit at home for 6 months and then resign with the WWE. The problem with the wellness policy is that it has a strict set of rules i.e. three stikes and your out, and they have already enforced that policy of other talent. They can't have one rule for one and another rule for someone else.

He failed the Wellness Policy, for the third time! He's out for 6 months! pretty sure poor Randy got released. Yet no doubt they'll rehire him as soon as they can. Just wait till you see the end of Smackdown and you'll believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back