Who won "Punk 365" Day 2?

• Haiku Hogan

• D-Man

• GSB

• FunKay

• Coco

Results are only viewable after voting.
So you are just a Hulk Hogan mark.

And you're a delusional dickwad who doesn't get wrestling. But yes, if you really suck at comprehension to not think that a guy named Haiku Hogan is a Hogan fan (fan, not mark. Throwing inside slang doensn't make you cool, it makes you a gigantic douche), then I am a Hulk Hogan fan.

Hulk Hogan was ten times the wrestler of Chris Benoit, Kurt Angle, and all of your favorites. If you're delusional enough to not see that without the Golden Era, the wrestling that you love wouldn't exist as you know it, then I'm sorry, but as I've said before, you really know jack shit about the world of wrestling.

Go wank to some Puro, cunt nugget

Why do fans of the "Golden Era" of WWF think that Golden Era was so good? What was so good about it? The wrestling was mediocre (Hulk Hogan, Ultimate Warrior, Brutus Beefcake, Rick Martel,etc). Wrestling just became mainstream in that time period because of Hulk Hogan but Wrestling wasn't that good that some fans of that era made it out to be. Even JCP/NWA/WCW was better that the Golden Era WWF. Look at any Ric Flair/Sting, Flair /Steamboat match.90s WWF was filled with cartoon characters (Red Rooster WTF) NWA/WCW had better wrestler too Tully Blanchard, Nikita Koloff, Barry Windham, Great Muta etc.

Post some matches of the Golden Era WWF (other than Ricky Steamboat and Randy Savage) that were a 5 star classics like Bret Hart/Shawn Michaels, Kurt Angle/Benoit matches.

Why do people think the original telephone was so good? All it did was make phone calls. It didn't even have an LED or store any phone numbers... and it had a CORD! I mean, a fucking CORD! They couldn't make it wireless back then? It was just so boring.

You're a fucking idiot.

The fact that you think your perspective differs from how most of us started as fans is utterly laughable. Bark. Growl. Purr meow.

I've lived more years than you and witnessed things live that you've only witnessed on YouTube and through DVD's. How can you possibly say my perspective isn't different than yours? The laughable part is how you're probably going to put up some kind of argument against this.

Why do people think the original telephone was so good? All it did was make phone calls. It didn't even have an LED or store any phone numbers... and it had a CORD! I mean, a fucking CORD! They couldn't make it wireless back then? It was just so boring.

You're a fucking idiot.

I never said Golden Era was bad. But it was not the best era neither wrestling wise nor business wise...Nor did it had any standout matches or gimmicks. Golden Era was all Hulk Hogan......mid-card was filled with lower card guys and the only good thing other than Hogan were the tag-teams.

I never said Golden Era was bad. But it was not the best era neither wrestling wise nor business wise...Nor did it had any standout matches or gimmicks. Golden Era was all Hulk Hogan......mid-card was filled with lower card guys and the only good thing other than Hogan were the tag-teams.

Piper, Roberts, DiBiase, Rude, Perfect, and Santana were all lower card guys? Gee, I wonder what that makes the midcarders of today?

Actually, it was the best era in wrestling, business wise, when you account for its longevity. And, it had all of the things you mentioned.... Every era, you can point to examples of standout matches and gimmicks. The fact that you had to exclude Steamboat/Savage shows you clearly know that this era did have standout matches.

All wrestling is filled with great matches and gimmicks; the only thing that seperates eras is the ability to make money. That's what makes a great era.... And again, what proves you know nothing about wrestling

Why do fans of the "Golden Era" of WWF think that Golden Era was so good? What was so good about it?

Everything seemed more important. The creative team had a better idea of how to build anticipation toward a match or event. Things didn’t just happen on a whim. Big shows were well hyped several weeks in advance instead of half hazardly thrown together the day of the show. A five star match doesn’t mean as much if I didn’t get the chance to anticipate it. Saturday Night’s Main Event was must see tv and the pay per views seemed much more important. Titles (all titles) meant more because they were treated like actual championships. Matches made more sense. It was easier to suspend disbelief because the matches had a more logical flow. They were more like a game of human chess rather than a spot fest. People who don’t appreciate this era find rest holds to be boring but if you actually paid attention to how the match developed, listened to the commentators explain the action, figure out the competitor’s strategy, and follow along as if the match was real they would probably have a better appreciation.

Golden Era was all Hulk Hogan......mid-card was filled with lower card guys and the only good thing other than Hogan were the tag-teams.

Roddy Piper, Andre The Giant, Randy Savage, Tito Santana, Greg Valentine, Paul Orndorff, Ricky Steamboat, Don Muraco, Bob Orton, Junk Yard Dog, Rick Rude, Honky Tonk Man, Ted Dibiase, Mr. Perfect, Ultimate Warrior, Jake Roberts, Brutus Beefcake, Jim Duggan, Big Bossman, Rick Martel, Dusty Rhodes, Kerry Von Erich. I could go on.

The bottom line is if you didn’t live through the era you are not likely to appreciate it. If you did live through it you love it because it was a product of your youth and you think of it as the good old days. I could tell you how awesome the build was for Hogan vs. Warrior and you could probably imagine what it was like but a lot of people just can’t understand it if they didn’t live through it. A lot of people that didn’t live through that era see Hogan and Warrior more as backstage politicians rather than the tremendous talents that they were. They look at things in hindsight and point out that Warrior didn’t have a very good title reign. They point out that Warrior’s win was predictable since Hogan was about to go film Suburban Commando. Too much knowledge is a cancer if you let it ruin your imagination. Without knowledge of backstage escapades and without the power of hindsight Hogan vs. Warrior is pure magic and wrestling at it’s best. In other words you’re too smart for your own good.

I know my age influences my opinion. That’s natural for anyone. Just keep in mind that a lot of things people miss about wrestling and hope will return are things that were prevalent during the golden era. More emphasis on mid card titles, tag teams, managers, fewer ppvs, long title reigns. Do I remember the golden era being better than it was because it took place when I was a kid just getting into wrestling? Very likely. Just keep in mind right now there is a twelve year old kid that doesn’t give two shits about an old match between Kurt Angle and Chris Benoit. You could tell him how great they were until you’re blue in the face but they just won’t care because it was before their time. Someday you will be the one preaching to a younger crowd about the good old days of the attitude era and wrestling during the first decade of the 21st century and that younger crowd just won’t care. Time passes, the past disappears, life goes on.

Everything seemed more important. The creative team had a better idea of how to build anticipation toward a match or event. Things didn’t just happen on a whim. Big shows were well hyped several weeks in advance instead of half hazardly thrown together the day of the show. A five star match doesn’t mean as much if I didn’t get the chance to anticipate it. Saturday Night’s Main Event was must see tv and the pay per views seemed much more important. Titles (all titles) meant more because they were treated like actual championships. Matches made more sense. It was easier to suspend disbelief because the matches had a more logical flow. They were more like a game of human chess rather than a spot fest. People who don’t appreciate this era find rest holds to be boring but if you actually paid attention to how the match developed, listened to the commentators explain the action, figure out the competitor’s strategy, and follow along as if the match was real they would probably have a better appreciation.

Roddy Piper, Andre The Giant, Randy Savage, Tito Santana, Greg Valentine, Paul Orndorff, Ricky Steamboat, Don Muraco, Bob Orton, Junk Yard Dog, Rick Rude, Honky Tonk Man, Ted Dibiase, Mr. Perfect, Ultimate Warrior, Jake Roberts, Brutus Beefcake, Jim Duggan, Big Bossman, Rick Martel, Dusty Rhodes, Kerry Von Erich. I could go on.

The bottom line is if you didn’t live through the era you are not likely to appreciate it. If you did live through it you love it because it was a product of your youth and you think of it as the good old days. I could tell you how awesome the build was for Hogan vs. Warrior and you could probably imagine what it was like but a lot of people just can’t understand it if they didn’t live through it. A lot of people that didn’t live through that era see Hogan and Warrior more as backstage politicians rather than the tremendous talents that they were. They look at things in hindsight and point out that Warrior didn’t have a very good title reign. They point out that Warrior’s win was predictable since Hogan was about to go film Suburban Commando. Too much knowledge is a cancer if you let it ruin your imagination. Without knowledge of backstage escapades and without the power of hindsight Hogan vs. Warrior is pure magic and wrestling at it’s best. In other words you’re too smart for your own good.

I know my age influences my opinion. That’s natural for anyone. Just keep in mind that a lot of things people miss about wrestling and hope will return are things that were prevalent during the golden era. More emphasis on mid card titles, tag teams, managers, fewer ppvs, long title reigns. Do I remember the golden era being better than it was because it took place when I was a kid just getting into wrestling? Very likely. Just keep in mind right now there is a twelve year old kid that doesn’t give two shits about an old match between Kurt Angle and Chris Benoit. You could tell him how great they were until you’re blue in the face but they just won’t care because it was before their time. Someday you will be the one preaching to a younger crowd about the good old days of the attitude era and wrestling during the first decade of the 21st century and that younger crowd just won’t care. Time passes, the past disappears, life goes on.

I hope you all read this. It's basically a better way of saying everything that I've already said.

I guess the real question is this... Is The Brain "sucking himself off" here? And should he "die for glorifying the old days?" Exactly.

I hope you all read this. It's basically a better way of saying everything that I've already said.

I guess the real question is this... Is The Brain "sucking himself off" here? And should he "die for glorifying the old days?" Exactly.
We'll find out once I read it and see if he really can convey his point better than you can.

Nothing against your or the old days. I have soft spots for both. A very soft spot if we're talking 1980s NWA. But the way you said stuff earlier really boiled my noodle.

*Edit* Liked it. Really brought it home with the last line, which is like the last sentence. And he largely left the internet out of it. Good stuff.

Here's a fact,we will always cherish the wrestling era we grew up in.This PG era or whatever you guys call it,will always be the best era to the audience that has started watching wrestling in this period.That's the very same reason there are AE junkies.But from a neutral point of view,The Golden Era was the best era ever.Because Kayfabe was alive then.

People believe that Kurt Angle is a good wrestler, CM Punk is the best in the world, and Dolph Ziggler is a show-stealer. It's changed, but trust me when I tell you that kayfabe is alive and well.

CM Punk single handedly killed kayfabe last year through summer of Punk.I love punk as much as everyone around here but yep,he killed kayfabe.

I'd have to go with the opposite on that one. For once in a long long time he had alot of people believing what he was doing was real. The 'shoot' the MITB win, leaving. Alot of people ate that up.

I'd have to go with the opposite on that one. For once in a long long time he had alot of people believing what he was doing was real. The 'shoot' the MITB win, leaving. Alot of people ate that up.

I wasn't indicating the shoot or anything happened before MITB.He killed kayfabe when he feuded with Triple H.While the shoot had a lot of inside info,it didn't cross the line of Kayfabe.

Here's a fact,we will always cherish the wrestling era we grew up in.This PG era or whatever you guys call it,will always be the best era to the audience that has started watching wrestling in this period.That's the very same reason there are AE junkies.But from a neutral point of view,The Golden Era was the best era ever.Because Kayfabe was alive then.

Actually, the Attitude Era was the "best" era because the wrestling business is all about making money. No era made more money and did more for the needs of wrestling than the Attitude Era.

CM Punk single handedly killed kayfabe last year through summer of Punk.I love punk as much as everyone around here but yep,he killed kayfabe.

Not true.

People believe that Kurt Angle is a good wrestler, CM Punk is the best in the world, and Dolph Ziggler is a show-stealer. It's changed, but trust me when I tell you that kayfabe is alive and well.

This.

You can't make a BS speculation about the majority of the fanbase not believing in kayfabe just because of what you read here. The internet is such a small percentage of pro-wrestling's fanbase. They're a powerful percentage but small nonetheless. Speculating that everyone else is like the IWC is really an inaccurate way of thinking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back