Pokémon GO

The servers are a massive turd. The one thing that has been annoying me is using items and then the servers crashing so that you don't get the benefit from it. Especially given that I have put actual money into the game for the items.

FWR claims to have lost 10 from walking in Pokemon go. This is 10 days after release.

In a game where you sometimes have to walk 10km just to hatch an egg it would not surprise me at all if tons of people have lost massive amounts of weight. Especially if these people had done very little in terms of physical exercise prior to the release of Pokemon Go.

In a game where you sometimes have to walk 10km just to hatch an egg it would not surprise me at all if tons of people have lost massive amounts of weight. Especially if these people had done very little in terms of physical exercise prior to the release of Pokemon Go.

10lbs in almost 2 weeks is not healthy.

More people are going outside. That's nice.

old-people-rocking-chairs.jpg

Yup. I'm very much in the minority for my age group but I never got into Pokemon, I was pretty much the most uncool 10 year old at my school because I would rather shoot hoops or play baseball than look through a pokedex or whatever it was called. I understand the allure of collecting things as I was a huge baseball nerd as a kid but it's just weird to me as an adult when I'm at a bar or even worse, a concert and I notice my friend has not caught a lick of the conversations going around or the last two songs becuase he's poké'd out like he just shot 2 cc's of dope and left reality indefinitely.

Now with this, it's 5th grade all over again except now my friends are adults....playing this shit when they should be working or socializing with other adults which makes it even more mind boggling to me. I realize this is 2016 and people socialize digitally but you miss a lot of life if you're always looking at a phone.

Call me crotchety, old school or grandpa or whatever the hell is hip to say now, but am I the only one who finds it disrespectful to have these stops at places like the Arlington Cemetary and the Holocaust museum? You can argue "oh it draws people to those locations who wouldn't normally seek them out" but do you honestly think those people have any interest in learning anything at the Holocaust museum or paying respect to a deceased loved one or do they just wanna brag to their pokefriends that they just caught a Douchieoto? There's been random 20 somethings wandering around on some of my job sites this past week looking for pokemon. I had to explain to them that I didn't care what they were looking for, go do it on public property and fuck off because you don't work here. I couldn't help but laugh at the similarity of this situation and having to chase crackheads out of our work vans and trailers.

I was talking to my niece today and Pokemon go came up, which makes more sense than talking about it with co-workers seeing as she's a teenager and we weren't on the clock, but she was telling me she read something about people using it to lure suckers into robberies ala Craigslist, which is kind of funny if true. It sucks to get robbed or walk into stationary objects but hey, pull your head out of your ass and pay attention to your surroundings. Is a child's game worth getting hit by a car driven by someone else fuckin around on their phone?

If your into playing pokemon that's cool. Whatever do your thing I don't care, to each their own,but like anything else...common sense, moderation and consideration of the people and things in your vicinity. I'm sure this post is as uncool as I was in 5th grade to Pokémon trainers.

I don't think you're a crotchety, old school grandpa. I just think you're a contrarian who has no idea what he's talking about, and who apparently gets his news from his teenage niece.

I just don't understand how people can walk into the middle of a busy street playing this thing. Seriously, how the fuck does that happen? Are you not allowed to look up now and then or...?

You guys act like people weren't already doing this when they text/tweet/selfie/etc.

This is the first time I've heard of somebody walking out onto a highway without realizing it. I've seen many a people walk into poles or trees. Never moving vehicles on a busy highway.

Meanwhile you're talking about going to a fucking bar as if it's somehow more adult. Who the fuck goes to a bar after the age of 23? I'll gladly take socializing with a bunch of nerds/children over a bunch of drunks.

People who enjoy listening to live music and socializing with other people in 3d who also enjoy live music for one. I rarely, if ever go to a bar thats "just a bar", I'm either there to support musicians who actually still play instruments instead of laptops or I'm there to meet someone there prior to going somewhere else. Also my job has me traveling 9 months out of the year, what should I do instead of going out and meeting new people, watch tv and play minecraft or something in my hotel room? I guess enjoying the experience of live music is boring, I should just pirate the shit and enjoy it in my own personal social media bubble with my inner circle, strangers are bad.

Despite my duffman avatar, I'm not too keen on the barfly lifestyle and I too am not fond of people with a teenage like infatuation with alcoholism, so there's our common ground. Also who's generalizing now? Not everyone who drinks is a drunk anymore than not everyone who has a smartphone is an oblivious twat who uses it irresponsibly.

You say harmless as if you didn't mention almost hitting a dude while driving...was that hyperbole too or are your just into embellishing everything to seem cool on the Internet?

We can agree to disagree, I'm a contrarian cunt because I socialize and live my life differently then you and you're just a cunt who has an issue with contrarianism. Enjoy the rest of your weekend bud.

I don't think you're a crotchety, old school grandpa. I just think you're a contrarian who has no idea what he's talking about, and who apparently gets his news from his teenage niece.

Notice I did not quote my teenage niece as a credible news source, is said "if true". I guess I should ignore my niece and look for a Squirttle while she tries to talk to me, because fuck face to face interaction with a family member when I could selfishly be focusing on entertaining myself. She probably gets her "news" from the same pseudo news outlets everyone else reads online and quotes as gospel. If only I understood the obsession with Pokémon go, maybe just maybe I would know what I was talking about and a bunch of people on the Internet I'll never meet would think I was cool, this is all too depressing too handle.

People who enjoy listening to live music and socializing with other people in 3d who also enjoy live music for one. I rarely, if ever go to a bar thats "just a bar", I'm either there to support musicians who actually still play instruments instead of laptops or I'm there to meet someone there prior to going somewhere else. Also my job has me traveling 9 months out of the year, what should I do instead of going out and meeting new people, watch tv and play minecraft or something in my hotel room? I guess enjoying the experience of live music is boring, I should just pirate the shit and enjoy it in my own personal social media bubble with my inner circle, strangers are bad.

Despite my duffman avatar, I'm not too keen on the barfly lifestyle and I too am not fond of people with a teenage like infatuation with alcoholism, so there's our common ground. Also who's generalizing now? Not everyone who drinks is a drunk anymore than not everyone who has a smartphone is an oblivious twat who uses it irresponsibly.

You say harmless as if you didn't mention almost hitting a dude while driving...was that hyperbole too or are your just into embellishing everything to seem cool on the Internet?

We can agree to disagree, I'm a contrarian cunt because I socialize and live my life differently then you and you're just a cunt who has an issue with contrarianism. Enjoy the rest of your weekend bud.

571837d924c49ddc05b9d71c8116cce8.jpg

You see, I've never read that article before. The one woman walking into a lake tops anything I've ever read or heard about. Still, I wouldn't be surprised to see those numbers increase dramatically this year. There are already dozens of reported cases of people being hit by cars just in the past 2 weeks since the game was released.

Just look up pokemon go accidents on google. You'll find stories of people walking off of cliffs, getting stuck in caves, causing mass pileups, etc. It's a hilarious pandemic.

You see, I've never read that article before. The one woman walking into a lake tops anything I've ever read or heard about. Still, I wouldn't be surprised to see those numbers increase dramatically this year. There are already dozens of reported cases of people being hit by cars just in the past 2 weeks since the game was released.

Just look up pokemon go accidents on google. You'll find stories of people walking off of cliffs, getting stuck in caves, causing mass pileups, etc. It's a hilarious pandemic.

A lot of them are parody site articles but also a lot of them are true. People are idiots, it's not the games fault. Will hopefully see a decrease when the bracelet comes out soon.

I'm sorry! I rescind everything, Pokemon is fucking sweet, I'm sorry I had an opinion that went against the grain, can i please be buddies with all of you, I promise not to ever disagree with any of you mental superiors again you guys are just intimidating to talk to because I'm not as cool, I'll do my best not to disturb any of you while engaging in such a groundbreaking social activity.

I'm sorry you guys interpretted a long post with opinions different from your's as anger. I'm not so much angry as perplexed and amused. So much butthurt over a handful of people on this thread who think Pokemon go is ridiculous...the fact so many people have felt the need to "put me in my place" is a pretty good indicator that this is maybe not as great of a groundbreaking interactive social tool as its being made out to be.

Ps. I know this is not new, I was just as baffled when people started playing Candy Crush, clash of the clans, texting and driving and taking selfies every time they entered a new venue.

Just tracked a vulpix down and some bitch caught it 2 mins before I got there. She's my new rival.

10lbs in almost 2 weeks is not healthy.

That's not necessarily true, especially if he had a lot of weight to lose or wasn't getting much physical activity before the game came out.

Lose weight? Getting out? Socializing? It has been out for a week. Are we really acting like this is changing lives. This is creepy. It is very South Park come to life.

Am I wrong about this? I respect your opinions because of your huge penises.

Oh my god I hope South Park covers this next season. I hope they cover it in the first episode and it becomes part of a full season arc like last year.

I like the way you think, GSB.

Ps. I know this is not new, I was just as baffled when people started playing Candy Crush, clash of the clans, texting and driving and taking selfies every time they entered a new venue.

So you are a crotchety grandpa that is out of touch with the times. Good to know.

The number of people who go downtown as well as to the main park in the city has grown considerably since this game was out. There's a spot with 3 Pokestops nearby so some friends and I threw down some lures and in less than a minute people were flocking over. It's crazy

I respect your opinions because of your huge penises.

My penis is quite miniscule. Unfortunately I am not a grower either. Not an inverse penis, but probably the size of an extra small Caterpie.

I'm sorry! I rescind everything, Pokemon is fucking sweet, I'm sorry I had an opinion that went against the grain, can i please be buddies with all of you, I promise not to ever disagree with any of you mental superiors again you guys are just intimidating to talk to because I'm not as cool, I'll do my best not to disturb any of you while engaging in such a groundbreaking social activity.

I'm sorry you guys interpretted a long post with opinions different from your's as anger. I'm not so much angry as perplexed and amused. So much butthurt over a handful of people on this thread who think Pokemon go is ridiculous...the fact so many people have felt the need to "put me in my place" is a pretty good indicator that this is maybe not as great of a groundbreaking interactive social tool as its being made out to be.

Are you a women, because you change your mind often enough? Oh and just for your information, I can ask that because I am a woman, mind you I don't change my mind as often as you do.

If someone doesn't like your opinion do what I do tell them to fuck off and be done with it. You don't have to please anyone here but yourself.

Oh and on the topic of Pokemon Go. Nearly killed my son last night. He and and a few of his friends heard there was Ghastly's in the cemetery a couple of miles away from the house.

So I had to drive them over there at 1AM, and of course they wouldn't go in unless I went with them. So here's me tramping around in the cemetery in the middle of the night. Turned to ask them if they caught anything yet, and they were still standing at the entrance, all too scared to come in. Bloody hell, I screamed "What the fuck", and they all ran back to the car. Last time I'm doing that shit for anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back