Pokémon GO

Fucking Windows phone.

My wife refuses to let me put it on her Android because she thinks I'll never give her phone back to het.

So last night decided to get a few water pokes before I got home and on my way me and my brother saw a gym that hadn't been taken yet, so we were stoked to not have to vs every other person 15 billion times stronger Pokemon. We left our Pokemon there and then went up the road to get a squirtle and goldeen. Honestly it wouldn't of taken us more than 30-40 seconds to get up the road to squirtle and then catch it. As soon as we did we had found out our gym had already been beaten.

I mean wtf, games been out for 4 days and no one takes the gym, as soon as me and my brother do 30 seconds later it's gone. What a joke.

Also a hitmonchan and primeape have ran away from me. Basically having my dreams shat on right before my eyes.

I don't play the game, but I shit you not, this e-mail just came down in my work-center:

[[With the recent Pokemon GO craze, please adhere to the following tips to maintain OPSEC and safety if you play the game.

1. DO NOT chase Pokemon into controlled or restricted areas, office buildings or homes on base. (Currently we understand <redacted> is a dead zone for the characters, but there are several "Pokestops" and "Gyms".)

2. Refrain from using your cell phone camera or taking photos of sensitive or restricted areas while chasing Pokemon (such as the flightline or security checkpoints.)

3. Remember, military members should not be playing the game anywhere while in uniform, per AFI 36-2903, para. 6.3.3.2.

4. Be careful in parking lots and when crossing roads, and don't play the game while driving.

5. Be knowledgeable about your destination before you go there, stay away from dark secluded areas, play with a Wingman and don't broadcast where you are going.]]

Team Instinct was an obvious choice for me. Not even sure what references they have out there, but considering Yellow is one of my 3 favorite colors, it was an easy choice. Plus Zapdos was the first legendary I ever caught on the old games, so it has always stuck with me.

And finally, Super Saiyans turn Gold when they transform, so the choice was obvious.

I don't play the game, but I shit you not, this e-mail just came down in my work-center:

[[With the recent Pokemon GO craze, please adhere to the following tips to maintain OPSEC and safety if you play the game.

1. DO NOT chase Pokemon into controlled or restricted areas, office buildings or homes on base. (Currently we understand <redacted> is a dead zone for the characters, but there are several "Pokestops" and "Gyms".)

2. Refrain from using your cell phone camera or taking photos of sensitive or restricted areas while chasing Pokemon (such as the flightline or security checkpoints.)

3. Remember, military members should not be playing the game anywhere while in uniform, per AFI 36-2903, para. 6.3.3.2.

4. Be careful in parking lots and when crossing roads, and don't play the game while driving.

5. Be knowledgeable about your destination before you go there, stay away from dark secluded areas, play with a Wingman and don't broadcast where you are going.]]

They should advice your fellow workers to turn of AR Mode so you don't have to risk catching anything sensitive in a photo. I turned it off just because it's easier on my phone.

They should advice your fellow workers to turn of AR Mode so you don't have to risk catching anything sensitive in a photo. I turned it off just because it's easier on my phone.

I have no idea of what any of that is, and I think you greatly over-estimate the cognitive abilities of my co-workers.

I've incorporated Pokemon Go into my bi-daily bike rides. It's both fun and weird to have a real-life activity gameified in such a way. This is the most I've been into Pokemon since Red/Blue/Yellow, and only featuring the original 151 first was perfect for getting OG fans like me invested in it. Right now, Pokemon Go is restricted purely to my bike rides to avoid it taking over other aspects of my life. Thus, my roster isn't as robust as many of my friends, but its steadily taking shape.

Since the app launch, I've noticed more people walking around my neighborhood looking at their phones. I now automatically assume they're playing Pokemon Go. My favorite moment so far was going to a nearby park and seeing three guys wandering aimlessly. They then huddled up, declared there was no good Pokemon here, then headed to separate cars and drove off. I assume they live in the neighborhood, but I like to think they planned that outing for hours and drove to the specific park from another city because they heard it might have some tauros running around.

I started out decent. It'd be great if I could find some more charmanders in my area. I mostly get pidgeys and rattatas. I am as of this moment, out of pokeballs so my progress has been stalled until i am able to get more.

I have no issue with the game itself, or it's players, but many circulating articles suggest 'Pokemon Darwin' would have been a more apt title.

Pretty amazing to see the Pokemon fever hitting the public at large again once more. I've yet to really look into it, despite being a big Pokemon fan myself, but I've heard nothing but good things about it so far.

Damn. What power is your Gyarados? I managed to evolve a pretty gnarly Zubat earlier and the resulting Golbat is about 600 CP. I also got a Scyther from a 10k egg today that's a beast. I'm one Ghastly away from a Gengar too, so that's encouraging.

Arlington National Cemetary and the Holocaust Memorial have both requested that Pokemon not show up on their grounds.

Some dude who had a warrant out for his arrest wandered into a police station, which was the site of a local pokemon gym, and was arrested.

So I finally have it but the AR's not working on my phone. Grr

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back