• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Online Petition to WWE to Cease the Chavo vs Hornswoggle program

Ambiguous Turd

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Click the link to sign the Petition, but PLEASE keep the language clean and professional without the cursing.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/wwerawendhornswogllevschavo/

As discussed, this is an Online Petition to WWE in an attempt to put pressure on WWE Creative to get this Chavo vs Hornswoggle program off our television sets. Whether it will do any good or not, who knows ... but an Online Petition was responsible for getting Matt Hardy brought back to the WWE, as he acknowledges .... and besides that, something has to be done-- ANYTHING.

September 1, 2009

Dear WWE Creative Team,

Online Petition against the Hornswoggle vs Chavo Guerrero programming on WWE television.

For nearly two months straight, WWE Monday Night Raw viewers have been subjected to a series of matches involving WWE Superstars Chavo Guerrero and Hornswoggle. Where as we recognize the reasons why the Hornswoggle character is on Monday night television with regard to his targeted audience of small children and the merchandise revenue he may bring to the company, the company should also recognize that its primary audience for the program does consist of adults and that adult fans are subjected to this on a weekly basis, as well.

The WWE began airing the Chavo Guerrero vs Hornswoggle program on July 9, 2009 on WWE Superstars. Since then, the program has turned into a regular segment on Monday Night Raw. Here is a record of the number of matches these two talents have had since July:

1) July 9th- Superstars- Chavo Guerrero vs Hornswoggle
2) July 13th- Raw- Chavo Guerrero vs Hornswoggle (1 Arm Tied Behind Back match)
3) July 20th- Raw- Chavo Guerrero vs Hornswoggle (Sharp Dressed Man match)
4) July 27th- Raw- Chavo Guerrero vs Hornswoggle (Blindfold Match)
5) August 3rd- Raw- Chavo Guerrero vs Markswoggle (Hornswoggle at ringside and involved in the match outcome)
6) August 17th- Raw- Chavo Guerrero vs Hornswoggle (Falls Count Anywhere match)
7) August 24th- Raw- Chavo Guerrero vs Hornswoggle (Boxing Match)
8) August 31st- Raw- Chavo Guerrero vs Hornswoggle (Bullrope Match)

This particular match has taken place on WWE television for seven weeks out of the past two months with the Hornswoggle character involved in the outcome of a Chavo Guerrero match on the August 3rd edition of Raw.

We can understand the Hornswoggle character having a role on Monday Night Raw, however are unable to comprehend your logic for subjecting the audience to literally the same match for almost 2 months straight. As stated, adults are the largest part of your audience, and where as we are willing to tolerate the Hornswoggle character having a role on Raw, we are not willing to tolerate being subjected to virtually the same match between the same two characters almost every single week on WWE television for 2 months straight or longer.

Therefore We, the Undersigned, are pledging that from this point forward, any time Monday Night Raw features Chavo Guerrero and Hornswoggle working in another match together, be it a Singles Contest, Gimmick Match, Tag Match, or any other type of contest, or simply features a segment that involves these two talents working together, we will turn Monday Night Raw off for the rest of the evening in protest and will also turn Monday Night Raw off the following week, as well.

Sincerely,

The Undersigned

There is an IP address restriction placed on it to prevent spamming, therefore one vote per IP address is allowed.

Without going into this with very high expectations and being realistic about the possibilities, here are the goals:

The goal is for this to pick up enough speed to actually get the newsboards to pick up on the fact that there is an Online Petition circulating, because someone in WWE does read the newsboards. That much is accepted now. If it does hit the newsboards, WWE will pick up on it, and then the seed will be planted in their head that maybe fans are growing tired of this.

If anything, it will simply put a seed in someone's ear that maybe it is time to end this horrendous program that has been running for an eternity. Just getting the seed in someone's ear that it may be time to end this thing is good enough for me.

Something has to be done, and if anyone has a better idea, I am all for it.

Big thanks to the Admin/Mod team for allowing us to post this for the benefit of Forum members.

im going to get flamed for this but i do find hornswaggle still entertaining...and no im not 12. i have a fan of wrestling now for a wile and love the comedy gimmicks. as for chavo, who cares. yes hornswaggle is for the kids, but thats why hes on tv, i say keep em on

im going to get flamed for this but i do find hornswaggle still entertaining...and no im not 12. i have a fan of wrestling now for a wile and love the comedy gimmicks. as for chavo, who cares. yes hornswaggle is for the kids, but thats why hes on tv, i say keep em on

The petition is not with the intention of getting Hornswoggle thrown off Raw. He has his place on the program, even though I may personally not be a fan of his, but he isn't for my age group.

The purpose of this petition is to specifically push for the elimination of the Chavo vs Hornswoggle program on Raw, as it has more than ran its course, and it is ridiculous that we are subjected to literally the same match for almost 2 months straight.

What do you think this will accomplish? Vince has his own brand of comedy and if Honry isn't ruining Chavo's career, it will be someone else and it will be just as hard to watch because it won't be funny in any way. This won't solve anything. At all. In fact if someone at Titan Towers were to see this, I'm sure it will get a nice laugh and nothing more.

This is pointless.

What do you think this will accomplish? Vince has his own brand of comedy and if Honry isn't ruining Chavo's career, it will be someone else and it will be just as hard to watch because it won't be funny in any way. This won't solve anything. At all. In fact if someone at Titan Towers were to see this, I'm sure it will get a nice laugh and nothing more.

This is pointless.

It really depends how many people sign it. I think I indicated in the OP that I wasn't going to hold my breath on anything necessarily happening, but any effort is better than no effort at all. And like I said, Matt Hardy's online petition was responsible for getting him brought back to the company, which he himself admits.

If anything, it will simply put a seed in someone's ear that maybe it is time to end this horrendous program that has been running for an eternity. Just getting the seed in someone's ear that it may be time to end this thing is good enough for me.

The goal is for this to pick up enough speed to actually get the newsboards to pick up on the fact that there is an Online Petition circulating, because someone in WWE does read the newsboards. That much is accepted now. If it does hit the newsboards, WWE will pick up on it, and then the seed will be planted in their head that maybe fans are growing tired of this.

Wish this could be to get rid of Hornswoggle entirely, but that's asking too much and wouldn't be fair to the fans who like him. I've read it a few times, can't see it being any more clear and straightfoward. After the embarressment of last night's Chavo/Horny match, I'll try anything.

So the only question I have is, where do I sign?

Emerson cocod said:

This is pointless.

I have to agree with him. Sidious, you said that it doesn't fit your age group. What if the 6 year olds had to sit through something more adult-ish. WWE is trying to get out to the kids by giving them a Hornswoggle-embarasses-Chavo match, and its working. So they're not gonna stop unless the kids get bored of it.

Emerson cocod said:

I have to agree with him. Sidious, you said that it doesn't fit your age group. What if the 6 year olds had to sit through something more adult-ish. WWE is trying to get out to the kids by giving them a Hornswoggle-embarasses-Chavo match, and its working. So they're not gonna stop unless the kids get bored of it.

My problem is not with Hornswoggle being on TV. My problem is with Hornswoggle vs Chavo being on TV every single week, with hardly any variance.

If they would put the Hornswoggle character in different situations each week, as opposed to the same match every week, I wouldn't have a problem with it. My problem is specifically with this program dragging on every week with the same match for going on 2 months straight. It's unacceptable.

It really depends how many people sign it. I think I indicated in the OP that I wasn't going to hold my breath on anything necessarily happening, but any effort is better than no effort at all. And like I said, Matt Hardy's online petition was responsible for getting him brought back to the company, which he himself admits.
I don't care what he says, that's not the only reason. You had fans chanting "You screwed Matt" or something of the sort when Edge and Lita were on screen back in 2005. Fans in the live arena these days seem to be going for this Chavo-Hornswoggle stuff, so it has one up on the Matt thing.

Shouldn't be. If anything, Vince would likely want to run it longer just to show off how big his balls are or something. He's self-important like that.

Organize a mass walk-out to the bathroom at whatever arena this angle is being run and make sure everyone at home turns off their TV. That would work better no matter how much more practical you think your solution is.

Hornswaggle v. Chavo every week is the greatest thing that WWE has done in quite some time. It's freaking WAY entertaining, people. Is it so bad to be entertained? Just sit back and enjoy the antics. Chavo is getting major face time with this...and has definitely prolonged his career...even if by just a little.

Also, Hornswaggle is probably the most over guy not named The Undertaker or Shawn Michaels...so he's not going anywhere anytime soon.

i'll sign your petition, i can't stand hornswoggle now, i prefered him when he was with finley and he was under the ring. I feel sorry for Chavo he is talented and could be a solid mid card heel but instead losing week in week out to hornswoggle.

The petition is now up and the site is now posted in the OP. Anyone who is upset with the Hornswoggle/Chavo program may sign it. All we can say is that "at least we tried" and maybe in the very least it will draw the attention of other people are starting to get fed up with this.

If you are unhappy with the program being on WWE television for 2 months straight, and insist on simply bitching on the forum about it, then you have nobody but yourself to blame for seeing this continue for another month.

Please get as many dissatisfied people to sign this that you can, and if we are lucky, we can get it to hit the Newsboards if it gains any steam.

Much thanks.

Nice job Sidious Vicious, I signed the petition. I'm not sure this will have any affect, but as you said, we can atleast try to do this. Anything that might in someway convince Vince to take that drivel off of the air. The cow-suit debacle was the last straw; that will go down in wrestling history as one of the stupidest things ever done, right next to the Shockmaster or Mantaur.

Much thanks to everyone participating and I appreciate the Mods allowing this thread to stay to advertise the petition. One could look at it as a test to see Wrestlezone in flexing its muscles, to see how many fans it can draw in to participate. Either way, it is greatly appreciated.

If it doesn't do anything, then the worst thing that will happen is that you donated 5 seconds of your life for a good cause.

But I agree with X, the Cow Suit debacle was the straw that broke the camel's back for me, last night.

I am so glad that you are stepping up and doing this Sidious. I have signed the petition (as one of the anonymous).

What I want to basically say is that, enough is enough Vince. It just irritates me how long this has really been going. I really didn’t mind it at first but now I just turn the channel anytime I see that Chavo will once again be losing to Hornswoggle. It isn’t entertaining and I simply don’t want to see this crap on my TV anymore. It’s okay if Vince still wants Hornswoggle to appear on Raw but at least have him do something that isn’t annoying and doesn’t go one for two freaking months.

EVERYONE PLEASE SIGN THAT PETITION THAT LORD SIDIOUS POSTED IN THE OP SO HOPEFULLY SOMETHING IS DONE ABOUT THIS. It might not get anything to happen but at least it’s worth a try…who knows, it just might work.

Why all the bitching about something that only happens maybe five minutes out of every show? Like somebody else said, Hornswoggle is one of the most over guys in the WWE period and as long as fans keep cheering, they are going to keep doing it. Half the wrestlers and divas on RAW don't get as much air time as Chavo and it's not like their segments are taking up half the show. Chavo is the perfect comedy guy and if he likes this role, then I'm not going to gripe and complain about it. What's Chavo going to do if they do stop? Be a jobber to regular size superstars?

I signed the petition and agree 100% with Lord Sid that this needs to end. This really is embarassing for WWE to be showing us every week. Enough is enough. SIGN THE PETITION! Let your voice be heard. Like Sid said instead of just bitching about it let's do something about it. Major credit to Lord Sid for going thru with this.

Half the wrestlers and divas on RAW don't get as much air time as Chavo

Right! It could be worse for him. The guy is on tv every week in front of the world. How many guys & girls coming up through FCW would kill to be in Chavo's spot. Don't get me wrong, I'm tired of this shit too(and it was relly fucked up last night), but he's been jobbing since way before this feud Hornswoggle. That being said, I will give the petition a look.

To be completely honest, it doesn't really bother me as much as it used to. Some of it I think is a little bit funny. Ultimately, it's just Chavo Guerrero. This is nothing more than a clear indication that Chavo will be as far as anyone can possibly be from the main event scene in the WWE. Truth is, I never really cared much for Chavo. The guy never brought anything to the ring that made me go wow or say he was great or anything really.

Sure the thing with Hornswoggle is corny, but it's still sort of entertaining. The live crowds enjoy it and, apparently, droves of people don't switch the channel whenever the Hornswoggle/Chavo segments are going on. That means, Vince will keep it and milk it for as long as he can. I'm not saying it's great, but there are worse things in wrestling than this. Not many I'll grant you, Cody Deaner and the Great Khali are a few examples. I'd rather see those two disappear from wrestling first.

The only thing I think you should change is
The match that aired on July 9, Chavo had to compete on his knees.

You're right, two months is a long time for this to continue, but who else can Hornswoggle have a rivalry with- Michael Cole?

The only thing I think you should change is
The match that aired on July 9, Chavo had to compete on his knees.

You're right, two months is a long time for this to continue, but who else can Hornswoggle have a rivalry with- Michael Cole?

I think he can be a character very similar to what Ron Simmons used to be ... that is IF WWE insists on having him around. I don't think he is a good fit for Raw and he definitely wouldn't be on Raw if I had any say in it ... rather, he would be on another show .... or completely revamped as a character .... but obviously that isn't my call.

However, it is the Creative team's job to be "Creative". I don't consider having the same match between the same two talents every single week, with different match terms, to be "Creative", in the least.

Basically, the impression I get is that they sit there and say, "Okay we have Chavo vs Hornswoggle penciled in for 3 months straight on Raw for the kids. We need to come up with a different themed match each week so it doesn't get old."

I would be much more inclined to buy in to having him on Raw if they said "You know, Hornswoggle is a strong presence for our children's market and we need him on our Flagship show to push the merchandise and attract more children to the program. We need to feature him in segments each week, however we have to put our thinking caps on in giving him something different to do each week."

They are putting virtually no effort into this at all, and the end result is a bunch of very frustrated viewers.

Well done Sidious for having some initiative. I wish Hornswoggle would fuck off and die altogether but I'd be almost as happy not to have to see him embarrass Chavo anymore. Do you know how many signatures you have so far?

Well done Sidious for having some initiative. I wish Hornswoggle would fuck off and die altogether but I'd be almost as happy not to have to see him embarrass Chavo anymore. Do you know how many signatures you have so far?

We have 73 signatures and its been up for about 35 minutes or so.

Again, the main goal is to get enough signatures and steam so we can get the Main Page and the other newsboards to pick it up. Then, it can really gain some steam and we'll be in business.

Thanks to everyone for contributing. You guys are awesome.

Thanks for this, this fued stopped being funny after the first match, Chavo is far to talented to be jobbing to a leprechaun. By all means make hornswaggle a manager or something, don't have legitimate superstars job to him.

Holy Crap! More than 70 people have already signed the petition! Great job Lord Sidious, I am glad there are more people than I expected that feel the same way that you and I and others feel.

For everyone viewing this thread, please sign that petition so that hopefully, the WWE realized that there are people who don’t want to see Chavo vs. Hornswoggle in any type of match. Hell, I don’t ever want to see them in a ring together ever again.

I know Chavo has two wellness violations, but it really doesn’t mean that he should be forced to lose and be embarrassed by some midget. If they want him to be a comedy jobber, then that’s fine with me as I’ve never been a huge Chavo fan, but there are different ways to go about it.

Hornswoggle, simply doesn’t need to beat him in a match, and while we are it, he doesn’t need to win any matches at all because he will just remain as over if not more over than he originally was. Having Chavo lose to him is not helping anyone at all. It’s just making some people (like me) either switch the channel while the match is going on (that’s what I do) or just stop watching the rest of Raw.

Chavo could remain a jobber, but at least have him job to people who could use the win like Evan Bourne or someone else in the midcard division. Like I said, Horny just doesn’t need to win any matches in order to remain over. Hopefully, someone important in the WWE sees this and puts a stop to it as soon as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back