• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

[Official] TNA TV Shows Aftermath, Review & Ratings Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya' know, I was watching Impact and started thinking...Earlier today I was watching "The Rise and Fall of WCW" and started seeing a lot of similarities between WCW then and TNA now. For example, the signing of Hogan, he brings a lot of "old school" wrestlers with him, they battle WWE for Monday night supremecy, let's hope that TNA does not follow the same demise that WCW did. I hope that Hogan/Bischoff learned from the past and take TNA in a different direction. Big names and star power is all good, I'm an old school fan from back in the early 80's but I just see a lot of similarities . Call me crazy but think about it.

After WAtching last night's show i've got to say that will alot of stuff didn'T make sense, there was still some positive thing coming out of this.

The opening match was just awesome and while i hate the name Generation Me for the new tag team they just sign, they are still pretty amazing and might go place if TNA management let's them climb the ladder.

The Angelina Love return was really well done and it's her feud with the Beautiful People if given time will probably be one of the best feud going in the knockout division.

Another good thing is seeing that unless they change they're mind on Sunday, the Nasty Boys vs team 3D match won'T happen on PPV. That's good news for everybody.

After that's the show went downhill pretty quickly. The first problem i've got with TNA and last night IMPACT was Bischof & the Band. They were all over the show last night and while they are still big name in they industry, their personnas are getting stale already. Bischoff is still playing the jerk like he's been doing for the last 10 years. Hall look like he's in the worst shape of is life, Nash doesn'T look that great either and Sean Waltman is just annoying.

The Hogan/Jarrett segment felt even stranger then last week. One week you have Jarrett saying that he build TNA to help the younger guys get some t.v exposure, then the next week, in a promo the felt forced, he completly says the opposite while Hogan still looks like a Jerk.

Sting being in the rapters feel like déja vu and i really hope they don'T drag this out to long. Sting should be wrestling or in a feud right now, not hanging out watching The band destroy TNA.

But the weirdest thing out of the whole show was the reveal of Tomko as the mask man. I say it was the weirdest thing simply because a couple of weeks ago, they had TOMKO return to TNA and wrestle a 6-man tag in the mian event of IMPACT with A.J., they even had a interview with him before the match. So having being reveal as the masked attacker didn't made sense at all and the main event match was boring. Tomko looked awful both physically and has a performer.

Last thing i've got to say, where are the briefcase that Samoa Joe, Kevin Nash and Rob Terry Won last month. in years past, when a wrestler won a title shot in the feast or fired match they would bring their briefcase along with them until they finally case it in. Somehow this year, it became an afterthought. By the way, why is Samoa Joe being use as a jobber right now when he's supposed to be one of the top contenders for the title?

I forgot to mention the whole Sean Morley/Daniels segment. I actually agree with the Promo Daniels cut last night, The last thing the TNA fans want he guys like Morley showing up in TNA because they got connection and while i hate the idea of a morley/Daniels feud at less the was a grain of thruth in what DAniels was saying.

I have to thank TNA for posting their entire show online, so I could then watch it (and skip any parts I didn't want to see) without the need to actually take time on Thursday to watch it on television. I have to wonder though how this is a good idea, I mean, why would anyone but die hard TNA fans watch Impact on Thursday when they can just wait a day (or even hours) and see the entire show online?

Here are some thoughts:

So the show opens pretty well with the Motorcity Machine Guns against a team that reminds me very much of the young Hardy Boyz. It's a spot fest, but people are eating it up and Generation ME gets an upset, surprise victory in their first match. Yay.

Tomko is revealed as the masked man whose been attacking AJ Styles: okay. Then Styles goes to demand a match with him to Bischoff, and Bischoff finally makes the match because they don't have a main event yet. Wait, what? Part way into the show and Bischoff is telling us that the program has yet to schedule an actual main event for the show IN PROGRESS. What kind of company are they running here, WCW?

You have a Tag Team championship match on the Genesis PPV, and yet you barely hype the match at all.. and sorry, Rob Terry interfering alone does nothing to build up to the match between the British Invasion and Hernandez/Morgan. In fact, the casual viewer or those who haven't gotten to know TNA or it's roster yet would have no clue, after the past two shows, who the hell the British Invasion, the supposed Tag team champions, even are! What horrible build to that meaningless match. But yet they spend a great deal of time hyping and building up Beer Money vs. two old men, Hall and Nash, who shouldn't even be wrestling. Not something that's going to make me interested in purchasing Genesis, nope.

Here's my prediction: Hall and Nash bury Beer Money, then they use Nash's money in the bank briefcase (I mean Feast or Fire) to cash in right after the championship match no one cares about or even knows about, and two old, past their prime talents are TNA's new Tag Team champions!

I enjoyed the Morley/Daniels segment and I thought it was quite nice to see Sean Morley again and proving just how underutilized he was by WWE. I enjoyed the segment right up until Daniels attacked Morely and shouted, "I won't allow ART in TNA!" Say, what? That's the reasoning for this feud? Daniels doesn't like art. I was also confused who was playing heel and who was playing face, and I think the crowd was too up until the end. But maybe this is more of that 'gray' area that TNA loves so much.

Does anyone care about Bobby Lashley?

I can't believe they put so much time and effort into a feud between Team 3D and Nasty Boys while not doing anything to showcase certain other talents or giving them segments to develop with. Who the hell cares about the Nasty Boys or Team 3D? If this is on PPV it's a horrible idea and just another reason Genesis won't draw. If it's not on PPV, good, although it's still on Impact and is a reason not to watch. I was amused that Bubba Ray brought an axe with him into the ring, then they stormed into the back and he started hacking away at the door of the locker room with the axe.. except he never hit anywhere near the doorknob! And then he KICKED the door open, so clearly it wasn't locked, which made the entire axe aspect pointless. These segments were horrible.

Bischoff was on this show WAY too much. As were all the other Hogan people. Not only did they downplay the importance of Beer Money after their no contest match by only highlighting them in a preview of what happened on commercials, but they one again wasted a great deal of time with Bischoff, Hall, Nash and Waltman in the ring. How much time did these people get on the show combined?

And then Sting's in rafters! Oh no, he's watching the nWo suspiciously! 1997 all over again.

I really enjoyed the Desmond Wolfe/Samoa Joe match, along with the great commentary by Pope. He's really proving why the WWE missed the boat in a huge way by doing nothing with Elijah Burke and letting him get away. That said, it's still strange to me to have a guy whose lost all his matches but one since coming to TNA beat Samoa Joe who has a title shot in the waiting and is, really, the next number one contender. I suppose they're trying to make it seem as if all three of those guys are top talents and can beat anyone at any time. But Samoa Joe's not even on the Genesis card?

Tomko has a really weird look. In a bad way.

I thought they did a good job building up to the main event over the course of the show, but Tomko's inability to talk and cut promos really took away from the build up and the main event match itself wasn't anything overly exciting. Good idea, poor execution. I also think they've done a really good job building up AJ Styles and Kurt Angle's feud going into the PPV, so some praise for TNA there, and I love the fact they're pushing it as the two best wrestlers in the world facing off to see whose the best... but I've already seen it on free tv and I really don't have any incentive to pay money to watch it on PPV, especially when the rest of the card doesn't interest me. I don't think the PPV's going to draw.

But Hogan's on it! Except for the fact he's doing nothing. Maybe he'll be in a promo and reveal the newest acquisition for TNA, but I can just watch the highlights of it on the following Impact or online, why would I need to pay money for a PPV to see that?

The show really reminded me of WCW, where the young guys carry the show with matches while all the attention in segments and the talent being given time to develop through promos, etc, is all the old and established guys. That's not a good thing, either. This show consisted way too much of guys like Bischoff, Hall, Nash, Waltman and the Nasty Boys. And the Hogan/Jarrett segment was horrible! Nothing even makes sense. None of these people come across as someone you like or want to get behind.. Jarrett cuts a promo that completely contradicts his promo from the past week, then he's completely buried by Bischoff who comes across as an asshole whose coming into TNA and thinks he and Hogan should be praised like heroes for doing it. Dixie Carter is put over and no one cares. Hogan is ridiculous. The entire segment was bad, a clusterfuck of contradictions.

On an end note; Robert Roode really looked like a star to me. His entrance coming down to his no contest match, there was just an aura and look about him that made me think how much he looks like a star, and I really think they should take him to the next level.

Another week - or, for some reason, ten days - and another review. We're into the second week of poorly scripted storylines now, and I'm internally screaming "WHHHHAAAAAAAAATTT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKKKK" every second. Not only that, but I'm currently being hunted by a hyper tabby cat [Update: I kicked that fucker out of the room]. So yeah, I'm really disgruntled.

Now, to refer to my notes:

We open with a rather impressive match - the Motor City Machine Guns vs. Generation Me. Before we get into it, what sort of names are Max and, uh, I forgot other name. Larry? It was probably Larry. Stupid names, anyway - that's my point. They also look like hobos. The Guns get snazzy matching outfits and these guys come out dressed like a couple of - oh, what's the word? - *****. Yeah, that's the word. Other than the stupid tag team name, the stupid ring names and the stupid outfits, I reckon they're pretty good though.

Anyway, pretty good match. For an X Division spotfest, it came across as pretty fluid; there was a reason for every spot and nothing came across as overly scripted. Midway through we get a nice splitscreen of Kevin Nash, Scott Hall and Sean "in human terms, worse than Joseph Stalin" Waltman, who we are informed are now referred to as - wait for it - "The Band". This revelation gives me an aneurysm. Anyway, back into the action and the Motor City Machine Guns lose to the rookies. Why? Fuck it, why not - it's TNA. They haven't made sense since, well, ever. Every decision they make is made by pulling pieces of paper out of a hat.

Then the Nasty Boys are doing... something. I was honestly so disinterested I briefly drifted into a coma. They tease a feud with Team 3D, I think. I guess the reasoning is that The Nasty Boys are so irrelevant, they'll actually be able to make 3D look relevant again.

They promote Angle/Styles some more. This is apparently Angle's last shot at AJ for the entire year - which was ingenuously announced off-screen, unless I just wasn't listening, which is equally plausible - and, well, what? Looks like AJ's title reign will be ending as prematurely as I do - i.e. laughably premature.

AJ and Angle do a little back-and-forth. It's good, I don't have to tell you that - they're both very good at cutting promos. I will later look back at this as "much better than all of that other shit".

The masked man that's been attacking AJ for months is revealed. It's none other than Tomko! Y'know, Tyson Tomko? Used to team with AJ Styles? Won the titles at Bound For Glory 2007? Was part of the Christian Coalition? Bald guy, beard, lots of tatoos, kinda big? Yeah, me neither. I just anti-climaxed in my pants.

My notes then read "'The Band' promo - fucking abysmal". I'll take my own word on that.

Lethal Consequences get squashed by Bobby Lashely on their way to the ring for, uh, no reason. Again - put slips of paper in a hat, shove your hand in and book that motherfucker. Three black wrestlers and none of them are Elijah Burke or Orlando Jordon. What are the odds!?

3D (who, news to me, were Lethal Consequences' opponents) pin Lethal Consequences, then cut a promo on the Nasty Boys. Ray has an axe. Oddly, the only thing I would ever like to see the Nasty Boys as is as the victims of a brutal axe murder, so I pay attention. No luck, 3D axe down the door and the Nasty Boys jump them from behind. One fat cunt knocks another fat cunt unconscious with a fucking framed picture. Losing the will to live.

Then we have Val Venis; now known as Sean Morley. He cuts a promo and, being a mark for Val Venis, I have no problem with this. Unfortunately, a smaller, skinnier version of Val Venis (apparently known as Christopher Daniels) interrupts him. Which one's Val Venis? Which one's Christopher Daniels? Which one's Elijah Burke? The gay one? Really? Anyway, yeah, they fight. Venis wins. I think. In your face, skinnier version! Another example of TNA's "from the hat" booking.

Matt Morgan and Hernandez have a match against Beer Money. Beer Money, having been put over as "the best tag team in the world" several times already during the night, get dominated by Morgan and Hernandez in what I believe is at most their third match together. Luckily for the "elite tag team" that is Beer Money, Rob Terry interferes. Then 'The Band' interfere. Sean Waltman runs ahead and gets beat up, I perk up a little. Then Beer Money get beat up and my heart sinks again.

Bischoff comes out and cuts a promo. Hall keeps trying to fuck it up by making random comments. He's clearly out of it - he's been at the cocaine-coated donuts again, obviously. Something comes of it. I'm not sure what. I honestly don't give a shit.

Next match is Desmond Wolfe vs. Samoa Joe. Looks better on paper than it actually was. It was OK. So yes, possibly the best thing of the night. It's brightened up by The Pope (who is probably Elijah Burke, but may be Orlando Jordon) stealing the show on commentary. Wolfe wins the match and he and Pope almost come to fisticuffs. "Come Sunday, we gon' get funkay like ah donkay", promises Pope. SHIT JUST GOT REAL.

Another snippet of terrible Tomko promos that we've been seeing throughout the night. He claims he "came up with the idea of wearing a mask and paying AJ some little visits". Tomko a gimp CONFIRMED. It's time for Tomko/Styles for the title.

"Bring out the gimp!" says the ring announcer.

"The gimp's sleepin'" answers Zed.

"Well then wake 'im up" responds the ring announcer.

Out comes Tomko with a sleepy yawn. Look, I could describe the match but I'd rather do this:

AJ Styles is the best thing ever. He is so good that I would sit through two hours of the worse quality programming imaginable just to watch a ten minute match of his. He is so good that I would sit through the Nasty Boys and Sean Waltman. He is really, really good.

Anyway, Ric Flair commentates in a manner that indicates he's lost his soul. AJ wins the match but Tomko beats him up afterwards. Angle chases him off and offers to shake AJ's hand. AJ refuses and heads for the back. Ric Flair smiles. THE HAT KNOWS ALL AND SEES ALL.

Verdict: I'd rather continuously punch myself in the balls for two hours straight but hey, it had AJ Styles. AJ Styles.

Edit: Oh, I almost forgot. This week, Jeff Jarrett (supposed heel) managed to cut a clumsy tweener promo. Last week, he cut a babyface promo. Progress, Jeff, progress.

Last nights show was OK. Nothing so terrible I needed to walk away, and nothing so great that I was on the edge of my seat!. Last night did show how much pre-taped shows suck. There was obvious audience noise piped in during many of the segments. Go back and watch the Angle promo. The audience is really doing nothing, but somehow you hear all kinds of noise. Also the footage of Sting in the rafters, was the exact same footage from last week. They just cut and pasted it where they wanted it. For us true TNA fans, we just need to give it about a month to let them get all the ducks in a row. After the crap pay per view that Genesis is gonna be, they should be able to start fresh. Then we can see exactly what we got with Hogan and Bishoff!

All i have to say is how the fuck can samoa joe lose to the most generic looking guy in tna, who lost to elijah the pope burke cleanly!?, that's bullshit, aside from bischoff segments and mcmg vs generation me tag match, everything was poor, aj's obvious attacker being revealed, the stupid dudleys /nasty boys brawl, the worst being the very forced feeling promo from jeff jarett on hogan backstage, genesis looks like complete shit already, a step down from last weeks impact, no doubt.

Tag Match with MGMG and Generation-ME was excellent! Interesting they are plugging the X-Division Tag Teams..could titles be entered into the picture soon?

Well we now have our name for the new-NWO..its "The Band"..thought that these promos were good for what they are, I don't expect much else..on the other hand the promo between DoubleJ and Hogan was absolutely pathetic..at least Foley sells his scripted promos (unlike Jarret)

Sadly two of the best performers in the business , Wolfe and Joe, have been reduced to mid-card jobbers..last week it was Wolfe to Pope, now Joe to Wolfe..I would love to see a great 3 way feud develope here. Though Pope's rant from the announcer's table was great, I think he is very good in his character and could cut some great promos if given the shot.

No Abyss was pathetic, especially since they mentioned several times how Bischoff was punishing Lashley with him..at least show Abyss squash somebody in the back??

Interesting, another title shot on Impact..although the match was never a question and ended with only a Pele, it was good to see the title back in the spotlight as a focal point of the show...and besides Flair sticking out like a sore thumb in a TNA show, he does add some mystery to the Genesis main event

All in all you had to expect a downgrade following last week, especially being taped and all, but I fully expect things to pick up after Genesis. Only 2 weeks to build for the PPV and one of those weeks did nothing to contribute to PPV build (the 4th)

NorCal NightCap 21 Jan 2010

Fucking A, what an entertaining clusterfuck of a program. I saw so much shit tonight, im sure I wll forget some things. 90% of it was GOOD stuff though, so im damn pleased.

First off, thank you SO fucking much Hulk Hogan for the revised Impact Zone. a VAST improvement over the old one. They need a bit bigger building still, but all in all, a great change. Loving the ring level ramp as well.

Sweet promo with Ric and AJ. Ric is one of the great heels of all time, and can still work the stick. Styles seems to take to the character well. A lot of Ric Flair cheating will make a guy as small as Styles seem more legit as champ, when he wins against all those big guys. I liked it.

Cool opening tag match. In the WWE, no one, including seemingly the announcers, wrestlers, and crowd, could give two shits about the opening contest. Not in TNA. This was balls to the fucking wall from the get go, with the wrestlers going hard, the crowd very into it, and the announcers talking about *GASP* the fucking match....and...get this...SOUNDING INTERESTED IN IT!!! Short, but good, opener.

Loved Hogan in the back office role, along with Bischoff. He pulls the role really well, and all the wrestlers he interacted with did a good job tonight.

I was impressed with the knockouts. All of them looked amazing, and were decent workers for being womenfolk. Best of all, the crowd gave a shit. Not only gave a shit, but were very into it. There is nothing worse and more awkward than watching WWE Divas do shitty forearm strikes to one another while you can here a baby fart in the upper deck, becuase it is so deathly silent in the arena.

Loved the match with Pope and Orlando J. Orlando has a cool character, and im not even entirely if I (or TNA?) understand what exactly it is. Fucking ace music though, for sure. Pope has improved LOADS since I last saw him, and was very aware in the ring. Liked the booking of the match, taking a clean pin is fine if its after an advantageous assault of a prior injury.

Loved the Nasties. fucking hilarious. Didnt like Nash and little guy (I still dont know his name?) Anyway, little guy seemed to be shit. Good at bumping though. Put him under a mask, and name him something silly.

Aj and Angle were ok, if not a bit spotty. I was expecting much more, but I hear it wasnt close to what they are capable of, so we shall see.

the finish was a bit shit. I wont say its bad yet, becuase I have yet to see the whole thing play out. Also, for all the jaded miserable pricklies out there, keep in mind, the whole montreal thing happened 12 fucking years ago. Most of the veiwing audience has no clue why this wouldnt be considered unoriginal, or only has a very slight, vague memory of it. Lets watch how it plays out.

Lulz and Bischoff coming out all fucked up. Firstly, sweet, blood. No more WWE telling me im not mature enough to see a little blood splattered. and nice, with them seeming to turn Cactus Jack into a rogue of sorts. Not bad.

All in all, excellent, fun, entertaining wrestling show. Loved it. Ill be back next week

A-

I'm going to go with you on this one NorCal. The show was fun to watch and there is no denying that. There was some things that I didn't too much agree with such as the Nasties working as faces when they were just heels, and going over cleanly, but that would be nit picking.

I didn't realize how shit Eric Young was until tonight. The guy is definitely overrated based off what I've read from people on this board. Take that title off of him and make it mean something.

Would've liked if Love vs. Rayne ended in a DQ. TBP have lost a lot of credibility and haven't won a match in weeks. There's no suspense as to who will win when the showdown between Love and Sky happens. I don't think Sky stands a chance.

I'm loving the Hogan and Bischoff segments. They play the roles to perfection, and each person they interact with plants a seed for a revolt against them. They appear to be splitting TNA down the middle....with them IN the middle which will make for awesome television.

They don't over saturate the program with pointless matches, and pointless promos. Everything seems to have a reason to it, and properly brings the next segment in without overkill.

I liked Anderson's segment. The guy is great on the mic, and knows how to entertain. I like that he is working a heel role. He will definitely grow into a face as he just becomes to entertaining to draw heat. Funny how he talked about how he is all action, and no talk, but he just yapped during the whole segment, and ran when Abyss went after him. Funny stuff.

AJ vs. Kurt wasn't up to the standards that they've given us, but it was still great. A little strange to see AJ work as a heel, as he over sold a bit, but it was still well done. That guy is going to have some awesome feuds coming up.

Finish left me baffled, but I am digging where it is going. I've read a lot of posts where people are pissing their pants about this as if it is just a terrible idea. I disagree. I mean hey, you can watch Chris Masters make his tits jump, or watch the Bella Twins escort guest hosts who've never watched wrestling before to the aisle if you don't like it. I'll be watching Impact next week, and I can't wait for it.

While this is not an extensive review by any stretch of the imagination, I have to express my opinion on TNA as of the Hogan/Bischoff era:

TNA has, over the course of a few weeks, gone from "it's an OK wrestling show" to "I want to see what happens next". In other words, TNA iMPACT is now, to me, must-see TV and I am even looking forward to next thursday's edition of iMPACT more so than House M.D., Stargate Universe and Burn Notice - combined.

The angles, the intensity, the action and the characters are absolutely awesome (and the best I've seen since I started watching TNA after I first heard of it about five years ago). Now, since I can't get neither WWE programming nor iMPACT on regular television, I have to resort to other means of watching, but if and when iMPACT goes head-to-head with RAW on Monday Nights, I just might have to consider badgering my TV provider into supplying USA and Spike TV.

Right now is a very good time to be a fan of wrestling in general, and a fan of TNA in particular.

First off, with the train wreck that was the first couple of weeks of the Hogan era, i wasn'T looking foward to this weeks IMPACT actually, after reading the spoilers for this week's show, i didn'T have any intention of watching the show but since there was nothing else on t.v. last night, i decided to watch it anyway and i got to say that for the most part, i actually thought this was a good show. So i'm not to recap everything, i just going to point out the stuff that i didn't like.

1. The A.J. Styles/Ric Flair Promos: i don't know why but everytime you get a new booker in TNA, they try something new with A.J. First i was a talented guy then turn into a whiny brat then turn back to a face before being Russo's partner, then went back to a face before being stuck with Christian then go back back to a face before being the next ric flair. What wrong with A.J being A.J. It's not like he didn't get over by just being A.J. Hell, Every new TNA fans that watch the january 4th Impact said that A.J. vs Angle was the best part of the show, so why ruin him by giving him a lame gimmick like The next Ric Flair, he doesn'T need it and the promo showed how lame this turn actually is.

2. Bobby Lashley/Eric Bischoff segment: Again i don'T get this, LAshley was a heel 3 weeks ago, wanted to be release from is contract and suddenly he's a face wanted to compete in TNA, i guess being hit on the head by a computer monitor did more damages to is head that everybody expected.

3. The Ending to the A.J styles/Kurt Angle match: What the point of using the screw job ending yet again. It didn't work in 1998 with The Rock and MAnkind, he didn't work in 1999 with Bret Hart and Goldberg and it didn't work in 2008 with Undertaker and C.M. Punk. This is a lame ending that's being use way to much and it's not going to lead anywhere since you know damn well that Angle will still be on IMPACT next week so the fact that he said i quit last night doesn'T mean anything and this ending just ruin what was a really good match just like at Genesis.

4. Eric Bischoff firing Mick Foley. Is it just me or if there one guy that Bischoff can fired in TNA it's mick Foley. The fact is, storyline wise Mick Foley bought Stock in TNA and Partnered up with Jeff Jarrett so if you look at it the way i'm looking at it, Mick Foley and Jeff Jarrett have at less half of the stock in the company when put together and Hogan/Bischoff and Dixie Carter have the other half so Bischoff cannot Fired Foley because he's noy under contract to TNA, he a share holder and unless Bischoff buy out Foley, Foley has to stay in TNA. So the angle does make sense at all.

So that what i did'nt like from IMPACT this week which is a lot less then last week's episode. I really hope that everything is going back to normal in TNA and they bring back the wrestling and tone down on all the crap that were feeding the audience the first 2 weeks.

I enjoyed this show. I'm going to make TNA a weekly thing now. The first time in 6 years I've started to follow wrestling. By the way, the iMPACT zone seems different. Not the squared circle, but the audience seating, or something. Something subtle has changed since the Jan 4th show. I think I sense Bischoff has been on it.

I have to agree Impact even TNA as a whole has been greately improved since Hogan n Bischoff have taken over. Now on to Impact. I thought the show was much smoother and fit well together. Everybody has a story and a purpose. I do wish there was more MCMG, Joe, Wolfe, n Daniles but ehere just isnt enought time to get every story n angle across in 2 hours.

BTW is it just me or does Knobbs make Nash look like Amazing Red or what? He is beyond slow n out of shape its sad. he should take a page out of Halls notebook and not wrestle until he feels he is ready or in shape to.

What to say about last night's Impact.....

First of all, I hate the 4 sided ring. Yes, I realize that TNA did not always use a 6 sided ring, but I've always thought it made TNA unique.

Secondly, it is a red flag for me that guys such as Christopher Daniels, Samoa Joe, MCMG, Desmond Wolfe, and Beer Money did not appear on the show. Yet there were 3 or segments with Eric Bischoff, 3 or 4 segments with Hulk Hogan, 3 or 4 segments with Hall and Pac, and a match that included that Nasty Boys and Nash. Hogan and Co. keep pushing the idea that things are different, however, I see the show revolving around Hogan and his people much like it did in WCW.

Third, the matches were all extremely short. Take for example the Dinero v. Jordan match. It appears that this is the start of a fued between the two, yet it was damn near close to a squash, with Jordan getting the win. It made Dinero lose alot of credibility.

I did like the Styles promo in the beginning- the pairing with Ric Flair is genius. And any Styles/Angle match is always good.

Overall, there was alot of stuff crammed into 2 hours which made it fast paced yet a little difficult to connect with. The structure of the program makes me nervous that TNA is headed the way of WCW. It's still early in the Hogan era, so I'm gonna try and stay positive. TNA has a shitload of talent on their roster, so there are endless posibilities- unless Hall, Nash, Pac, and the Nasty Boys continue to take up large chunks of air time.

P.S. before I forget. Someone said Vince is original and doesn't steal ideas? Really? WWE universe? I find that is a direct rip off to Marvel and the Marvel universe. I know with WWE it is relating to the fans, but still. WWE universe..LOL. Thats a big fail and lame as hell.

P.S. before I forget. Someone said Vince is original and doesn't steal ideas? Really? WWE universe? I find that is a direct rip off to Marvel and the Marvel universe. I know with WWE it is relating to the fans, but still. WWE universe..LOL. Thats a big fail and lame as hell.

So, you'e automatically basing that Vince ripped the idea off of a comic book company just because Marvel Comics uses the word "universe" in describing the reality in which their fictional characters and stories take place? That's a little broad, don't you think? Now, maybe if the WWE debuts a wrestler with a gimmick in which he wears gloves that have blades pop out between the knuckles, then you might be on to something.

I didn't think Thursday's Impact was too bad to be honest. I know the ending has come in for some criticism, but I took it for what it was really. A bit of a joke. Not the first time they've poked fun at WWE and Bret, because there was the subtle "King of hearts" jokes during the Beautiful People's strip poker the other week.

Disappointed not to see the likes of Beer Money and Wolfe on the show though. Personal favourites of mine right now they are. I was hoping for a Wolfe/Pope feud akin to Rock/HHH circa 2000-ish.

The Nasty Boys being there and taking up the TV time of actual talent is a total fucking disgrace. When they initially turned up and weren't invited, I thought it was a clever joke cracked at the expense of those who thought Hogan would just invite his mates along for the ride. Sadly it looks like Hogan doesn't realise what a cunt this makes him look.

Hall sounded sober for the first time in 25 years. I love Hall, so I really hope he sorts this out and makes it work for him. He's still a killer on the mic. Also probably the nicest person I've ever met within wrestling.

First off, with the train wreck that was the first couple of weeks of the Hogan era, i wasn'T looking foward to this weeks IMPACT actually, after reading the spoilers for this week's show, i didn'T have any intention of watching the show but since there was nothing else on t.v. last night, i decided to watch it anyway and i got to say that for the most part, i actually thought this was a good show. So i'm not to recap everything, i just going to point out the stuff that i didn't like.

]I find it funny how people will never acknowledge the good over the bad. The good has really outweighed the bad in TNA. TNA has been given a bad rap because people only focusing on the bad.

1. The A.J. Styles/Ric Flair Promos: i don't know why but everytime you get a new booker in TNA, they try something new with A.J. First i was a talented guy then turn into a whiny brat then turn back to a face before being Russo's partner, then went back to a face before being stuck with Christian then go back back to a face before being the next ric flair. What wrong with A.J being A.J. It's not like he didn't get over by just being A.J. Hell, Every new TNA fans that watch the january 4th Impact said that A.J. vs Angle was the best part of the show, so why ruin him by giving him a lame gimmick like The next Ric Flair, he doesn'T need it and the promo showed how lame this turn actually is.

3. The Ending to the A.J styles/Kurt Angle match: What the point of using the screw job ending yet again. It didn't work in 1998 with The Rock and MAnkind, he didn't work in 1999 with Bret Hart and Goldberg and it didn't work in 2008 with Undertaker and C.M. Punk. This is a lame ending that's being use way to much and it's not going to lead anywhere since you know damn well that Angle will still be on IMPACT next week so the fact that he said i quit last night doesn'T mean anything and this ending just ruin what was a really good match just like at Genesis.

It is not a gimmick, it is what you call a heel turn. Putting him next to Ric Flair gives him instant credibility outside of his cult following. Sure they are parodying the screw job, it is different. The fact is that Flair and Styles bought the ref and Hogan is getting blamed for something he didnt do. Refs have been bought out before in many different storylines throughout the years. IMO They want you to think that Hogan pulled a Vince. Sorry but this screw job has more depth to it and it will play out. I do hate how Taz and Tenay handled it. I can see past the surface on this one.

4. Eric Bischoff firing Mick Foley. Is it just me or if there one guy that Bischoff can fired in TNA it's mick Foley. The fact is, storyline wise Mick Foley bought Stock in TNA and Partnered up with Jeff Jarrett so if you look at it the way i'm looking at it, Mick Foley and Jeff Jarrett have at less half of the stock in the company when put together and Hogan/Bischoff and Dixie Carter have the other half so Bischoff cannot Fired Foley because he's noy under contract to TNA, he a share holder and unless Bischoff buy out Foley, Foley has to stay in TNA. So the angle does make sense at all.

Just because someone owns stock doesnt mean they have any power in the business. It is like me saying that I have stock in G.M. I go to corporate headquarters and say I own this company and that I can do whatever I want, Security would throw me out and probably have me arrested. Say I work at G.M. ... I can still get fired but still own stock... or even perhaps it could be a forced buyout. It is just a show and they can pull anything they want. But if it was reality, it could actually happen. Look what happened to Ted Turner, he lost control of his own company... and the ones who took over decided WCW didnt fit their vision of entertainment (this is reality, not Vinces altered Reality). I personally see this more of Foley losing control and being forced out. This will only create more storylines.

Start of the show with Styles and Flair was great! I did miss Beer Money, Daniels, and Wolf they'll be there in the coming weeks. Just read the spoilers. Bottom Line TNA is putting on a better show than the WWE every week in my opinioin!

I enjoyed this show. I'm going to make TNA a weekly thing now. The first time in 6 years I've started to follow wrestling. By the way, the iMPACT zone seems different. Not the squared circle, but the audience seating, or something. Something subtle has changed since the Jan 4th show. I think I sense Bischoff has been on it.

I agree with you so much, living in australia means i get to watch IMPACT! on saturday for some reason. After watching the latest IMPACT!, the feeling and the way the impact zone looked as it expanded seats and was more organized, it felt great loved every minute of TNA, i understand that alot of people are expecting more but you just have to be patient they are in the process of doing something big and i personally am looking forward to it

The angle vs styles screw job was something that i didn't expect that caught my attention that there is more to this rivalry and the spit on Hulk Hogan's face was priceless, i would love TNA to move to Monday Nights so they can compete with the WWE, as I a fan of both organizations have been really let down in the past 4 years by WWE's quality matches, I personally think that TNA is getting better every week, i think that they should expand their show and make to brands, because they have alot of talent which cannot be booked in 2 hours.

Overall my ratings for this weeks wrestling:

RAW: 6/10
SMACKDOWN: 7/10
ECW: 4.5/10
SUPERSTARS: 1.5/10
TNA: 8/10

Once again I'm thankful for videos of Impact on youtube so I don't have to punish myself by watching the entire show. From what I saw it wasn't anything I'd have enjoyed at all and it really does seem to be all about Hogan and Bischoff, which is not a good sign of things to come. I'm not going to go into all the negative opinions I have about what I saw.. the Nasty Boys, the burying of Eric Young your Global champion, and the list goes on. What I will focus on is one opinion I do have:

I find it unbelievable that they choose AJ Styles of all people to get this role with Flair. AJ Styles.. the married christian whose life doesn't resemble anything close to the Nature Boy persona and never has. AJ Styles.. great wrestler but is bad on the mic and he doesn't even have the charisma you need to be aligned with Nature Boy in this way. Him saying Flair's catch phrase seemed so entirely forced and awkward to me. I think this is just bad.. gimmicks that are forced and the person can't relate or get into them in any way never work. Flair as Nature Boy, Austin as Stone Cold, the Rock, and the list goes on.. those all worked because they were aspects of the actual person just exaggerated and carried further. I don't see this working at all. Styles looked so awkward to me trying to play that role, this is bad.

The one thing I did enjoy was Mr. Anderson and his whole segment with Abyss. That was entertaining and enjoyable to me, and that's when I realized something.. he would be damn near perfect for the role given to AJ Styles if ANYONE has to be forced into that storyline. He's a perfect heel.. he's got great charisma.. he's great on the mic.. he's even got bleached blond hair! The guy is everything AJ Styles isn't. You can slam him for his wrestling ability, slam him for being injury prone if you want to go there, slam him for anything.. but what he is is a perfect heel, charismatic and all the traits Ric Flair use to be in his prime. All the things bland AJ Styles isn't and just doesn't have the ability to be. It's a shame, really.

If you want to read a great commentary about Last week's Impact, go to Lance Storm's official site at http://www.stormwrestling.com .

After reading his thought on last week, i thought that pretty everything LAnce had to say about IMPACT made sense, especially the part about IMPACT being a wrestling show and Hogan & Bischoff saying it over and over again then having aroung 20 minutes of wrestling in the whole show. Over the years i had some mixed feeling about the way LAnce Storm would review TNA IMPACT because something i felt that he was unfair and wasn't objective about TNA but now i understand what he meant when he was ranting about how bad TNA was because i actually saw the same stuff that he saw last week. Sure i'm ready to give them time to prove themselves but i'm hoping that they don'T continue on that trend they started a couple of weeks ago.

Anyway,i'm just going to let you guys go and read his commentary then if you want to write about it, feel free to do so.

Lance Storm has pretty good insight to TNA and WWE. I have to say that compared to what we have seen a month ago, TNA was a huge improvement. I'm on the edge of my seat every week to see how things play out. I admit I would like to see more matches too, but the problem in the past was that we had all matches and no drama. We had the sizzle and no steak. That's why TNA had the same ratings each and every week.

A 2 minute Nasty Boy match really doesn't bother me. Team 3D has feuded with every tag team on the roster, they need something new. It reminds of an old school feud. I don't think it will be bad between them and The Nastys. I'm not a huge fan of Orlando Jordan, but I haven't seen enough of his matches to form an opinion about him.

I do know I feel dirty and uncomfortable when he is man handling some dude in the ring. Ah well, let's not go down that road. I love that AJ Styles has a persona and voice with the Nature Boy. I know we have seen this before with Naitch and other wrestlers, but AJ embodies that persona. Maybe not the lifestyle, but the athleticism.

I know people complain about not seeing the machine guns or Beer Money, but its only a 2 hour show a week. They can't have the whole roster out there every night. I'm digging Kennedy with his heel role. Abyss is an odd opponent for him, but at least they are building up their feud. Everyone is talking about the screwjob ending. Which like it or not, people are talking about it.

Hogans beginning and ending segment were the highest rated segments of the show. I still don't know why the same people that said Fire Russo want Hogan fired. I guarantee you that if Hogan leaves then TNA will go nowhere. Seriously if the biggest name in wrestling cant get your company over, what will?

I loved the new arena and ring. I felt like I was watching a real wrestling show for once, and not some cheap 2 bit wrestling show at a bingo parlor like before. Bischoff and Foley segments are entertaining too. Bubba is a little overkill, but it's great to see Hogan and Bischoff coming in and really making people think if they are real or working the crowd. I can see only big things for TNA man.

They have recruited a ton of new fans and the biggest skeptics. I'm sure this week's show will be even better.

Not a great Impact, but not bad. There were more matches this week. It's confusing to see who is fired or rehired. I guess you can still be fired and show up any time you want. I do like Bischoff in his heel role, although it is confusing at times. Its not spoon fed to us at least. The Nasty Boys had an older promo then their wrestling attire.

I do like the concept of the tournament. Flair and Styles' "party" was a little tame. The Space Mountain ride just turned into the tea cups. The knockouts and x division were showcased. It's always nice to see, but they don't sell tickets or PPV's. For those of you that only care about those type of matches. I can smell the sex and fear off of Velvet Sky from my television. Smells like victory.

We got a new X Division champ. Maybe they will do something with the title now since Red hasn't done jack with it. Its a nice swerve to see Hogan and Angle make up just to see Hall and Pac attack him from the back. When did Bubba the Love Sponge become Dr. Phil? I really like Kennedy establishing himself as a top heel. Something that AJ Styles hasn't proved yet, but hopefully it will come in time.

I was more excited last week, this week feel flat. It wasn't bad though. Not all shows can be great. I hope Impact gains speed next week, and especially for March.

Was anyone else confused why it was ok that the person who didn't win the briefcase was able to use it by simply having it handed to him? Just seemed weird......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back