[Official] Survivor Series Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The following is from WWE.com:

RAW, SmackDown and ECW will collide in the second inter-promotional Traditional Survivor Series Elimination match of the annual November spectacular. Team Cena, led by the WWE Champion will square off with Team Big Show, led by the ECW Champion in a match combining some of sports-entertainments hottest rivalries.

John Cena and Big Show have unfinished business dating back to the Champion of Champions match at Cyber Sunday. Both men were unsuccessful on that night, falling short to King Booker. The distaste between the two has only grown since. At Survivor Series, the two dominant Champions will look to add another chapter to their budding rivalry.

Cena’s team will include ECW’s Rob Van Dam and Sabu and SmackDown powerhouses Lashley and Kane. Van Dam and Sabu have an extensive history as a team, as well as extensive rivalries with Big Show. Both will continue to grow on the road to the Extreme Elimination Chamber at December to Dismember. Survivor Series will provide another opportunity for them to soften up the ECW Champion before the gruesome holiday pay-per-view.

The extreme giant will anchor a team that includes RAW’s Samoan Bulldozer Umaga, SmackDown’s Finlay and Montel Vontavious Porter and ECW’s wrecking ball Test.

Umaga and Montel Vontavious Porter have been engaged in separate but equally intense rivalries with the Big Red Machine Kane. Umaga has had Kane’s number so far, scoring consecutive victories including decisive wins in a Loser Leaves RAW match in September, and a recent run-in at Cyber Sunday. Kane has been taking out his frustrations at his new home on SmackDown, where he has repeatedly battered the cocky M.V.P. At Survivor Series, the rivalries will continue.

Finlay and Lashley will collide again at Survivor Series. The hatred between the angry Irishman and the hard hitting Lashley has spanned the better part of this calendar year, with countless battles unfolding at SmackDown arenas all over the world.

Check back tomorrow at 3 p.m. ET for the announcement of another Survivor Series match.

I think all these matches are sounding really intresting. I like the idea of having teams made up of the 3 brands instead of having them face each other.

I believe that along with these 2 Classic Survivor Series matches, you will see the three Smackdown matches that were mentioned: Batista/Booker, Benoit/Chavo, Kennedy/Taker, along with another 5 on 5 match featuring the Spirit Squad against the Flair Squad or having a big tag team Survivor Series match like they used to have with like 10 guys on each team with all the RAW tag teams, have like Cryme Tyme, Highlanders, Flair and Piper vs. Haas and Visc, Cade and Murdoch and Spirit Squad along with a Women's title match. But in my belief they should try to incorporate one more 5 on 5 match that involves Shelton and Carlito.

Possibly:

Shelton, 2 spirit squad guys, Matt Striker and a SD guy
vs.Carlito, Cryme Tyme, Sandman and a SD guy feudin w/ other SD guy

didn't they say that the main event was going to be an ecw vs smackdown vs raw match or am i imagining that?

The two traditional 5 on 5 matches sound good. But I am disappointed there will be no WWE championship match. Also the best talent has ben taken from the three brands so who is left for the RAW vs SD! vs ECW match?

i know it sounds good but it seems far too random 4 my liking i know sum have history but i jus dnt get what they tryin 2 do!

if they do have another 10 man match which i doubt i'm sure it will have carlito chryme time london and kendrick etc. but i think theres just gonna be the 2. then u have batista vs booker, chavo vs benoit, mr kennedy vs taker and probably a divas match

ealesy said:
i know it sounds good but it seems far too random 4 my liking i know sum have history but i jus dnt get what they tryin 2 do!

This is what Survivor Series was founded on, several 5 on 5 matches that pitted a team of heels taking on a team of faces. These were some of the best Survivor Series of all time and they are trying to somewhat renew the tradition this year. IMO, it is an awesome idea to spark new feuds that could lead to confrontations in the Royal Rumble and later possibly interpromotional matches at WrestleMania. It's just the WWE trying to be fresh and that it is, I haven't been this excited for a WWE pay per view since the first One Night Stand last year.

Carlito, Brian Kendrick, Paul London, Tommy Dreamer and Sandman vs
Shelton Benjamin, Teachers Pets, Hardcore Holly and Matt Striker

... can anyone see this match happening? if not what 10 raw sd and ecw guys do u think it will be?

WOW the match with team dx and team rated rko + team cena vs team big show makes me wana get the ppv just for those two matches

The best ppv card from the wwe maby since mania 22. It is fresh and damn i like it.

I doubt it, there's already two of those matches. I could see maybe another one, but most likely not with those people.

Luther_Hull said:
The two traditional 5 on 5 matches sound good. But I am disappointed there will be no WWE championship match. Also the best talent has ben taken from the three brands so who is left for the RAW vs SD! vs ECW match?

See thats the thing i don't think it's gonna happen now theres not alot of good superstars to be in it

if they have orton keep winning, there's no point in watching and wasting $40. the undertaker/wrestlemania thing is different, because its WRESTLEMANIA and u still enjoy watching it. plus, he goes against new guys every year, and the same guys are in this 5 on 5 match every year

Survivor series is Randy Orton's Wrestlemainia imo. If he lost that it would be a pretty bad blow to him.

Every year when he pulls it off its unexpected anyways.

it looks as though the wwe are going back to old school. this is great 3 normal Survivor Series matches plus maybe one more to come. lets face it smackdown does not have one yet. so looks like the card is picking up. hoever smackdown does have the two one on one's so maybe the raw match is to make up for that. at any rate i think its going to be a great card... i hope

That match is pointless imo.. Hopefully they still do something with the I.C. Title.. The only thing good about that match is Dusty Rhodes, and Arn Anderson... I guarntee this will mark the end of the Spirit Squad...

I like how the WWE are going old school with all these classic Survivor Series matches.. The past few years there have only been one or two... Survivor Series is shaping out to be a great PPV.

damn! Survivor Series is looking extremely good! Like the past several years, I thought there would only be 2 Survivor Series elimination matches. Apparently I was wrong. Maybe more to come? I am definately excited about this PPV! The card looks to be the best I've seen since along time. Thank you WWE!

I am liking all these classic survivor series matches, I think add another and then just a couple of regular matches and this will be a great PPV, its a shame the titles arent on the line in some manner though

Since the first 3 matches have been announced for SS, I actually got excited about the matches and it's only been 3. I have not looked forward to a pay-per-view since at least 3 years ago. These matches are really mixing things up by putting teams together that normally wouldn't be. I actually think this will be one of the best PPV's in a really long time. It's gonna rock. How does everyone else feel about how Suvivor Series is shaping up?

I think Booker vs. Batista for the World Heavyweight Title, Benoit vs. Chavo for the U.S. title,and Taker vs. Kennedy in some sort of gimmick match are what the final three matches on the card will be, theres no titles on the line yet so thats where I get the U.S. and World Heavyweight Titles, and Kennedy issued a challenge to Taker for Survivor Series and I don't see Taker turning down a fight, I'm thinking that match will be either Buried Alive, Casket, or a Last Man Standing match, though it's been awhile since we've seen a first blood match and I think thast would be another good choice

I think we'll see those three matches and then one last Survivor Series classic match involving Carlito, Dreamer, Sandman, Duggan and a SD! face vs Shelton, Holly, Striker, Eugene and a SD! heel

here would be a great add if triple h and micheals are in there promo match and are screwed by test,, he coming over as he was screw by stephanie and triple h, how he should of been a 10 ten time wwe champion and goes on to raw and add major heat to the whole DX AND RATED RKO drama and well it would be a major and unexpected addition.....or just have a huge grude match between test and triple h.. that would be a twist to the stale stories wit triple h....

And we have the fourth Survivor Series Match announced, the first singles match of the PPV

United States Championship Match

Chris Benoit©

vs

Chavo Guerrero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members