[OFFICIAL] SPEAR SPEAR SPEAR Campaign HQ for Edge

Baller

WZCW Veteran
17528_edge.jpg

SPEAR SPEAR SPEAR! Edge has been one of the most dominant wrestlers in the WWE for the past few years, and his one of the best wrestlers ever. He is a 9 time WWE Champion, and has done it all, in any company he has been in.

He is excellent on the mic, maybe one of the greatest on the mic. Also he can win almost any gimmick match, as he has participated and won in any type of gimmick match.

He is the Ultimate Opportunist, and if needed will break the rules to win a match.

Show your support for the Rated R Superstar in here.

:lol:

You're working an uphill battle if you're rooting for Edge this year. Do you know how much contempt Edge has bred on these forums since the tournament last year?

If Edge runs into the wrong wrestler in the first round, he may be out in the first round. Not as though he deserves it, but he is on pretty much everyone'e shitlist this year, I think

:lol:

You're working an uphill battle if you're rooting for Edge this year. Do you know how much contempt Edge has bred on these forums since the tournament last year?

If Edge runs into the wrong wrestler in the first round, he may be out in the first round. Not as though he deserves it, but he is on pretty much everyone'e shitlist this year, I think

I don't know why that is the case, but Edge deserves some love.

But that is what is great about this tournament, anybody can lose to anybody if they get a bad matchup in round 1.

Not this shit again.

SPEAR SPEAR SPEAR!
Interestingly, trying to garner some favor with the fans seems to have cost him favor with some other fans. Fickle bunch, these wrestling audiences.

Edge has been one of the most dominant wrestlers in the WWE for the past few years,
Which he's done, oddly enough, by failing to dominate anyone he's stepped in the ring with who can even remotely be considered a threat.

and his one of the best wrestlers ever.
No.

He is a 9 time WWE Champion,
He'd be a zero time champion in an era where titles still meant something.

and has done it all, in any company he has been in.

He is excellent on the mic,
He's okay but gets by better than he should because people here lurve sucking up to heels.

maybe one of the greatest on the mic.
No.

Also he can win almost any gimmick match, as he has participated and won in any type of gimmick match.
Hell in a Cell?

He is the Ultimate Opportunist, and if needed will break the rules to win a match.
And if his back-up hits the bricks for the evening, he can look like a proper chump.

Yea... no way Edge goes as far as last year. Nor should he. I'm a mark for Edge and think he's entertaining, but putting him over greats like Hansen, Funk, Misawa, Kobashi, HBK, and Race is absurd and everyone knows it.

That being said, Edge may get a favorable draw. And I pray to God it's Hansen.

Jealousy breads hatred. It is this type of hatred, that will fuel many regulars who still cry over last year that will vote biasedly for Edge to go out regardless of who he faces.

Oh, and you call this a HQ? Go find mine from last year. Afterall, thats where the Road to the Finals all started. ;)

Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the last Campaign thread you’ll ever need to venture into. Your answer to who is the absolute best lies no further than right here. I present to you, Adam Copeland, the Rated R Superstar, the Ultimate Opportunist, the one and only..

Edge.jpg

Edge’s list of accomplishments and accolade’s speak for themselves, but incase you weren’t aware of just how exclusive the Ultimate Opportunist was, take a peak at some of his greatest achievements.

• Pro Wrestling Illustrated
  • PWI Comeback of the Year (2004)
  • PWI Feud of the Year – vs. Matt Hardy (2005)
  • PWI Feud of the Year – vs. John Cena (2006)
  • PWI Match of the Year – with Christian vs. The Hardy Boyz and Dudley Boyz - WrestleMania X-Seven, April 1 (2001)
  • PWI Match of the Year – with Christian vs. The Hardy Boyz and The Dudley Boyz - SummerSlam 2000, August 27 (2000)
  • PWI Most Hated Wrestler of the Year (2006)
  • PWI Most Improved Wrestler of the Year (2001)
  • PWI ranked him # 2 of the 500 best singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 2007.
  • World Wrestling Entertainment
  • WCW United States Championship (1 time)
  • World Heavyweight Championship (5 times)
  • WWF/E World Tag Team Championship (12 times)– with Christian (7), Chris Benoit (2), Randy Orton (1), Hulk Hogan (1), and Chris Jericho (1)
  • WWF/E Intercontinental Championship (5 times)
  • WWE Championship (4 times)
  • WWE Tag Team Championship (2 times)– with Rey Mysterio (1) , and Chris Jericho (1)
  • Royal Rumble (2010)
  • King of the Ring (2001)
  • Mr. Money in the Bank (2005, 2007)
  • Slammy Award for Couple of the Year (2008) with Vickie Guerrero
  • Fourteenth Triple Crown Champion

Now some of you could instantly be thinking, “Edge? He’s not even deserving to be a World Heavyweight Champion. He can’t do anything to actually win it. He‘s not even in a league with the like‘s of Hulk Hogan, or Bret Hart, or even Randy Savage.” But I beg to differ. You see, Edge isn’t just ‘a’ World Heavyweight Champion, he’s now an official 8 time World Heavyweight Champion, in the span of 3 years. That’s more World title’s won in that short span of time, than anyone else to my knowledge has ever accomplished. Which by my book, makes him a greater World Heavyweight Champion than all of those other individuals.

You see, anyone can lose a Championship, all it takes is a simple count of 3, but to remain constant in the hunt of regaining a Championship is where the skill comes into play. Now you may think it’s easy to remain in the hunt, but in truth it’s not. Ton’s of Superstars who have once worn Heavyweight gold, since losing it, have never found their way back to it again. Name’s like Andre The Giant and the Ultimate Warrior, are just two of the top names to have only had a brief taste of what it’s like.. Only to never taste the sweet glory of being a World Heavyweight Champion, again.

Edge is constantly out thinking his opponent’s, his rival’s. He’s constantly finding new ways, to over throw the system and retake his throne a-top the W.W.E. as one of it’s two top Heavyweight Champions. As it stands, Edge as an 8 time Heavyweight Champion, has won more World title’s in the span of 3 years, than the like’s of Bret Hart, Hulk Hogan, The Rock and Steve Austin have won in their entire career’s with the W.W.E. In fact to my knowledge, Edge is only 2nd behind Triple H. in the category of most W.W.E. title reigns. (Flair’s 16 weren’t W.W.E’s)

Let’s take a look at some of Edge’s most classic Championship Moments:

New Year’s Revolution 2005: Edge v. John Cena:
[youtube]Z_HUB_Kv5VQ[/youtube]

Smackdown May: Edge v. The Undertaker:
[youtube]QVkglod5Ydw&feature=related[/youtube]

Survivor Series 2008: Edge v. Triple H. v. Vladimir Kozlov: (poor quality video)
[youtube]_Ht9HqCX9D0[/youtube]​

But why stop there? Edge did so much more than revolutionize the Heavyweight Championship division. He also helped redefine the greatness that was a once very powerful Tag Team division, along side his best friend and storyline “brother”, Christian. Edge has become an 12-time Tag Team Champion in total, and once again with the exception of the Dudley Boys, and Booker T., I do believe that’s more than anyone else.

Along side Christian, and with the help of the Hardy’s and the Dudley’s, this trio of teams revolutionized Tag team wrestling once again, and took it to new heights, literally, as the tag team’s waged war in the first ever T.L.C. Ladder matches to happen between Tag Team’s. The vast majority of these wars were won by the crafty team of Edge and Christian, as even back then, Edge found new ways to innovate his offense, and inflict pain onto his opponent’s, while finding a way to come out victorious.

Let’s take a look at some of Edge’s most classic Tag Team Moments:

SummerSlam 2001: T.L.C. Edge & Christian v. The Hardy’s v. The Dudley’s:
[youtube]Byq30aDiK3k[/youtube]
[youtube]dhQWSKdmPTk&feature=related[/youtube]
[youtube]12p2W4xF4Sc&feature=related[/youtube]

No Mercy 2002: Edge & Rey Mysterio v. Chris Benoit & Kurt Angle:
[youtube]c2baXiRfvW8[/youtube]
[youtube]JGTL9HT9a6s&feature=related[/youtube]
[youtube]RhVa6oj_bZc&feature=related[/youtube]​

However, Edge isn’t all about Championship fame and glory. He’s had some of the most electrifying single’s matches there have ever been. Be it his Hardcore match against Mick Foley, that stole the show at WrestleMania 22. Or his Money in the Bank performance, at WrestleMania 21.

Hardcore Match: Edge v. Foley:
[youtube]czcv0T036q0[/youtube]
[youtube]ljgpPW1oEoU&feature=related[/youtube]

Money in the Bank Match:
[youtube]CIJmpmXd3sk[/youtube]
[youtube]phdDR9M0hUk&feature=related[/youtube]
[youtube]qBGTxU77Lxk&feature=related[/youtube]​

Why not flash back to when Edge was still an underrated Superstar, trying to make a name for himself in the single’s division, by defeating the much more technically sound Kurt Angle, to become the 2001 King of the Ring?

2001 King of the Ring Final’s: Edge v. Kurt Angle:
[youtube]lADJ4uGy798[/youtube]
[youtube]2Ojhe8ak2j8&feature=related[/youtube]​

Or some of Edge’s best performances in all, against some of the greats in the business in general.

Judgement Day 2002: Hair v. Hair: Edge v. Kurt Angle:
[youtube]v3I_x_MB1Uw[/youtube]
[youtube]bUONKPzQm0o&feature=related[/youtube]
[youtube]OCg4fIHg5sU&feature=related[/youtube]

Royal Rumble 2005: Edge v. Shawn Michaels: (partial video)
[youtube]2DoEEt1eBK0[/youtube]

Two more matches that will go a long way in proving Edge can overcome the bigger men, and find a way to win when Ultimate Opportunity and easy outs are not available.

Sunday Night Heat: Edge v. Vader:
[youtube]N04Dq_AKfOg[/youtube]​

Still within his first year with the company, Edge shows the world that he has what it takes to topple the Mammoth big men of the Wrestling industry. In this match, while it was only a Sunday Night Heat match and likely meant to favor the newer Edge over the, then aging, Vader, the facts are still there. A win is a win, regardless of when. And a victory over a former World Heavyweight Champion, is something to definitely brag about when you’re new.

One Night Stand: Steel Cage: Edge v. Batista:
[youtube]EkuZFmoHkP8[/youtube]
[youtube]WJEK0rBWDss&feature=related[/youtube]
[youtube]9W7IALZOdWE&feature=related[/youtube]​

Another match that proves Edge can withstand the size difference, and overcome situations in which he MUST win in order to retain, and can’t merely cheat to gain a victory. Edge takes a beating at the hands of Batista, but proves who the better man is, by finding a way to out last the Animal, and retain his World Heavyweight Championship in this contest.

Edge is a great World Champion, who can win when he must without finding easy outs. Anyone who refuses to believe that is being naïve and biased in their feelings toward Edge and his abilities.

Final Thoughts:

I could go on to list literally tons more top quality, 5-star Mega Matches that Edge's put on for all of us. Be it against opponent's from today's Generation or Legend's of yester-year, individuals like Randy Orton, John Cena, Triple H., or The Undertaker, just to name a few. He's faced them all, and in some form or fashion, he's defeated them all.

In the end, whether you love Edge, or you dispise him. Whether you’re a fan, or an enemy, you have to give him his due credit for being one of the best All-Time villain’s in the W.W.E. Not just for being an Ultimate Opportunist in finding new ways to figure out how to steal another Heavyweight Championship. Not just for revolutionizing the Tag Team division all over again. Not just for making new match concepts, like T.L.C. and Money in the Bank mean something, but for being every bit of perhaps one of, if not THE, greatest Superstars, to ever grace a Wrestling ring.

He literally has it all. The look, the moves, the in-ring psychology, the mic skills, and the overall ability to make you believe he is, ever bit the prick he plays.

Edge has helped reinvent Superstars such as Jeff and Matt Hardy. He single handedly saved Matt Hardy’s career. He was the one and only shining moment in the colossal failure that was C.M. Punk’s Championship reign. He is the main reason Vickie Guerrero has become one of the biggest heel female’s in the industry today. Edge has accomplished so much in his career, and he is only getting better.

So, when you come in to vote for the WrestleZone Superstar in this tournament, look beyond the Legend’s who’re no longer around, like Hulk Hogan, Steve Austin, Ric Flair, The Rock and Randy Savage. Forget the technical Superstars who couldn’t compare to what Edge has done within the previous 3 years, like Bret Hart and Kurt Angle. And forget those who’re repeats in winning this thing, like Shawn Michaels & The Undertaker.

When voting this year, remember just one name. The Ultimate Opportunist..
EDGE!

Reported for posting duplicate threads. Red repped for being too lazy to edit his old post.

Great. An even fortier post giving us all we need to know about the eight time (and current) World Champion.

I'm not trolling. I'm just making sure that when you use your poor, ass-hatted excuse for logic to twist the facts, you're using the correct facts.

My bad. Seeing yet another one of your trademark weighty tomes, filled with to the brim substanceless drivel, put me at unease. I'll try to better compose myself before posting next time.

Edge would stand more of a cahnce if he hadn't been absolute crap since his return. He's not even worth voting against just for the sake of it.

Edge would stand more of a cahnce if he hadn't been absolute crap since his return. He's not even worth voting against just for the sake of it.

In my own opinion, I feel Edge losing at Wrestlemania to a man who drops the title a mere 6 days later, hurt him. Yet his return and Rumble victory was one more major accomplishment that he added, since last year. On that note..

I have 100-1 odds that say Edge faces the toughest road to the Finals, if he were to repeat getting there. My predictions are as follows..

1. He'll be in any region, except Toronto. (and on the off chance he draws it, no one will argue he should win because of it - except those backing Edge, of course.)
2. He'll face the toughest opponents in 'said' region, than the individual who'll likely be the opposition in the Finals.
3. He'll face more big names, along his path, than any other Superstar. (meaning, should he win, each match will only get tougher - by way of opponent's career history.)
4. He's bound to be the only guy in this thing, who'll have haters voting against him - strictly because they're too scared a repeat is truly possible. Whether he should actually win, or lose, 'said' match-up.

I didn't read that, Will. But you already knew that. But Edge has been shit since he returned in January, I'm sure that's what you were confirming.

In my own opinion, I feel Edge losing at Wrestlemania to a man who drops the title a mere 6 days later, hurt him. Yet his return and Rumble victory was one more major accomplishment that he added, since last year. On that note..

I have 100-1 odds that say Edge faces the toughest road to the Finals, if he were to repeat getting there. My predictions are as follows..

1. He'll be in any region, except Toronto. (and on the off chance he draws it, no one will argue he should win because of it - except those backing Edge, of course.)
2. He'll face the toughest opponents in 'said' region, than the individual who'll likely be the opposition in the Finals.
3. He'll face more big names, along his path, than any other Superstar. (meaning, should he win, each match will only get tougher - by way of opponent's career history.)
4. He's bound to be the only guy in this thing, who'll have haters voting against him - strictly because they're too scared a repeat is truly possible. Whether he should actually win, or lose, 'said' match-up.

So you're implying we're going to rig this against Edge to make it more difficult for him to get there again, likely because we don't want to deal with you?

WOW.

So you're implying we're going to rig this against Edge to make it more difficult for him to get there again, likely because we don't want to deal with you?

WOW.

I didn't say that. Simply implied specific things. If everything is random, how do you know my predictions won't turn out to be true?

Gosh Tommy, you should lighten up. Its just a tournament. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back