• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

[OFFICIAL] NXT Post Season 2 / Season 3 Speculation and Discussion

A Diva NXT Season: Could It Work?

• Yes - It's an interesting concept that could lead to something substantial

• Maybe - Depending upon how the WWE would set things up

• I don't think so - The Divas serve what little purpose they have as things are

• No - The concept is as hopeless as the Divas themselves

Results are only viewable after voting.
To answer your questions

What will happen after NXT season 2? :They are making NXT season 3 or a Diva NXT

Will the WWE bring it back for NXT season 3?: See answer above

will it be replaced by anew show? : Possibly I think WWE will stick to 3 shows for know.

What will happen to the rookies? : Some of them , Kaval, Riley, and Perfect's son ( I can't think of his name) will definitly go through and be apart of the big brands

Will they all be kept in WWE like the rookies from NXT season before them?: No, and the only reason 4 of those NXT season one rookies are on there is for Nexus purposes, once Nexus disbands most of them will go back to FCW

Will The Possibly join Nexus? No the Nexus' storyline should be over by then

There aren't any real superstars left on the FCW roster at this point. The biggest name is Brett DiBiase, other than that there is no recognition value whatsoever. Obviously I know who Jackson Andrews, Bo Rotundo, Big E Langston, Richie Steamboat and Tito Colon/Epico are, but that's honestly the extent of the names that I recognize, and a typical wrestling fan wouldn't know ANY of them. I think they're going to drag this season of NXT out until Smackdown goes to Sci Fi and then change the formatting.

If the WWE wanted to change their joke of a pointless divas division into something this would be a great way to do it. However, I find it really hard to believe they want to blow up the division as it is, unfortunately. The only way it would work is something that seems incredibly unlikely. Signing a bunch of outside talent with no experience in the company and immediately putting them on a show. Not to mention the majority of them not have a wwe look yet being allowed to display vastly more impressive moves/matches than the established talent. It just does not add up. If they were going to do it pg divas style with what they currently have it absolutely would be every bit as horrible as people have said.

Pro: Chris Jericho
Rookie: Richie Steamboat
You're damn right I'm putting Steamboat's son with Jericho! After last year's WrestleMania, I would love to see Jericho try to manipulate the Jr. Steamboat. Possibly even to the point to where Richie earns a match against Jericho so he can avenge his father from Backlash of '09

Pro: Ted DiBiase
Rookie: Bo Rotundo
Why not stick the other Rotundo with the second Orton Soldier? To me, DiBiase would be a great pro and sticking a third Gen. with a Second gen just screams obvious friction between rookie and pro.

Pro: John Cena
Rookie: Conrad Tanner
Not counting Jericho as a main eventer, especially on Raw, I'm putting these together for obvious reasons. I think Cena and Tanner would go over well and ratings would pile in for NXT if Cena were to show up on Season 3.

Pro: JTG
Rookie: Hunico
Give Hunico a Hispanic thug gimmick and the two could clash... or hell, just team them for the high flying abilities.

Pro: Khali
Rookie: Mahal
Random pairing.

Pro: Jimmy Uso
Rookie: Rhys Ali
I think they would clash well.

Pro: Chavo
Rookie: Johnny Curtis
Brings Chavo back to importance TV and gives Curtis a chance.

Pro: Chris Masters
Rookie: Mason Ryan
I think these two would click well.

As it is now done nxt makes zero sense as a wrestling program. It isn't even setup to do what it says it wants to do...establish new stars.

This program is a great idea as a way to give developmental guys an extended tryout in front of wwe crowds. The problem is with the entire production. The point of each wrestler is getting over to make money for the company. It is virtually impossible for new guys to do this on a program where most everything is set up to make fun of them. It is crazy to me to take guys that you invested in and expose them to the public for the first time by burying them. To hear a wrestler like alex riley do a decent promo (actually pretty good by today's standards), work a decent gimmick (the letter jacket thing is lame but the cocky thing works well), and then have a guy like Stryker basically call him lame, or a guy like Cody Rhodes make fun of it must infuriates me.

It would make more sense to just book an 8 to 10 week program for these guys with a story line. Decide who you want to be your face push for the program and who you want the heel push to be for and then book the whole thing from beginning to end. Heck you can even make it look like a reality type contest (it's not a bad gimmick for the show). But dear lord make the whole thing a work, make everyone involved sell for these guys ( especially the announcers) and give these new guys a real chance.

The success of the first season is exactly because the nexus angle requires the company to put them over. The actual season did them no favors.

All they are doing with the thing now is hurting their investment in Fcw guys by crapping on their debut to the wwe universe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back