[OFFICIAL] WWE NXT Season Two General Discussion

D-Man

Gone but never forgotten.
It was announced on tonight's episode of WWE NXT that, in addition to the winner of season one being crowned, season two will begin next week. Also, we see that there is a whole new group of pros and rookies for us to enjoy.

What are your thoughts? Do you think it'll more more successful than season one? Less successful? Anything you would change?

Let keep all of the general discussion for the second season of NXT in here.

Next season is going to be off the charts. Firstly, they've had a whole season to perfect the NXT formula. Second, it looks to be equal parts awesome and hilarious. I mean, almost all the names are damn funny, and LayCool and Zack Ryder are pros. Percy Watson won me over in five seconds by being so bad he was good. Alex Riley was very funny on the mic. Pretty much all of the rookies are paired well and are good in the ring.

I can't wait for next week.

I think that this season of nxt is going to better than the first. I think that their are better wrestlers and i think that going through 1 season will also help because know what type of direction to take the show in

It should be really interesting. I was curious if they were going to do another season, but I never thought they would do it so quick. It looks like I won't have to worry about finding something to watch on Tuesday nights anymore. The pros and the rookies really look like a solid match. I'm hesitant on LayCool, but with Kaval leading the way it should be entertaining. Percy Watson, Alex Riley, and McGillicutty look like they can add some flavor to the new season.

WWE has done a great job of tweaking NXT around the end of this past first season. I just hope we don't have to see the rookies drink soda and juggle for 20 minutes in this next season. If the pattern stays the same like it has, it should be pretty exciting. There is really not one rookie I'm not interested in seeing, unlike this past season with a few duds. This season looks to have all winners.

Next season will definitely be as good as season one and probably better. The rookies in season one didnt really have any character. They were mostly pretty generic. Fun to watch, but still generic. Next season has some real interesting characters like Percy Watson and Alex Riley. The pairings are fantastic as well. I know I cant wait to see how Kaval and Laycool interact. Like I said in the aftermath thread, its time to go find some videos of these new rookies.

I'm gonna start drawing comparisons early...

Season 2 - Season 1 Comparison
Husky Harris - Michael Tarver
-Nobody gives a shit.
Kaval - Daniel Bryan
-Odds on favorite, will probably get cut early due to Pro issues.
Eli Cottonwood - Skip Sheffield
-Big, but still nobody gives a shit.
Titus O'Neill - Darren Young
-Who?
Percy Watson - Heath Slater
-Over the top party boy who won't take long to get old.
Lucky Cannon - Justin Gabriel
-Talented, crowd favorite, girls will love him, probably will be most popular.
Michael McJoeHennig - David Otunga
-Big guy, should make top 2. The comparison stops there, but I had to compare SOMEBODY to Otunga.
Alex Riley - Wade Barrett
-Your winner. Great on the mic, great in the ring, perfect Pro pairing. Done deal.

I am so glad that somebody made a general discussion on this where I can go off on what should be not just a half assed jab at reality tv shows to what should be a completely full assed mockery of wrestling. I mean what in the fuck are they thinking? Are they just trying to fill space with this crap? Why even get rid of ECW, where you could showcase these young talents in the ring, you do this whole awful concept over again? And who in the fuck thinks of they names for this shit? Are Joe Hennig and Bo Rotundo not good enough names to make it interesting? Michel Magilicutti? WTF?

Okay, now that I have gotten all of those heart felt questions off of my chest, I really must say that I don't see season 2 as being any more successful than season 1 was. Especially if they plan to do the stupid challenges like they began to do midseason. I think that those alone really began to ruin the relevance of the concept for me and made it nothing more than filler for Tuesday nights. If they want to improve the product, then they need to improve the way that they display it. If you name it and present it as a joke, then you will get that reaction from the viewers. I mean season one was rib, with the names of Daniel Bryan and references to David Otunga's wife as being his whole claim to fame. But I'm not even sure if I was to stomach the load of crap coming up the pipeline. But, nonetheless, I will watch as I always enjoy seeing the next flow of up and comers.

But instead of season 2 coming so soon, I might have liked to have seen the eliminated wrestlers take a few weeks to showcase their talents with the whole concept being that they would get looks from the two brands and possibly get signed at the end of a few weeks. This way, you won't see another major talent flush like you did in the waining weeks of NXT 1 to clear away roster spots all at one time. But hey, thst would make sense then right? And that's just not the point of NXT.

I'm gonna start drawing comparisons early...

Season 2 - Season 1 Comparison
Husky Harris - Michael Tarver
-Nobody gives a shit.
Kaval - Daniel Bryan
-Odds on favorite, will probably get cut early due to Pro issues.
Eli Cottonwood - Skip Sheffield
-Big, but still nobody gives a shit.
Titus O'Neill - Darren Young
-Who?
Percy Watson - Heath Slater
-Over the top party boy who won't take long to get old.
Lucky Cannon - Justin Gabriel
-Talented, crowd favorite, girls will love him, probably will be most popular.
Michael McJoeHennig - David Otunga
-Big guy, should make top 2. The comparison stops there, but I had to compare SOMEBODY to Otunga.
Alex Riley - Wade Barrett
-Your winner. Great on the mic, great in the ring, perfect Pro pairing. Done deal.

I couldn't agree more with you on the two seasons. I'm looking forward to Kaval, Riley and Hennig (I don't understand the point behind the new name since they already established him as the son of Mr. Perfect).

I should also point out that the three guys I just mentioned also draw comparisons to their season one counterparts due to the rookie/pro relationships. Hennig and Kingston seem like they might start off on the same foot in the beginning only for them to break apart later on due to some disagreement much like R-Truth and Otunga. Kaval and LayCool is certainly going to be the Miz and Bryan of season two due to personality clashing, with Kaval being a no-nonsense badass and LayCool being the snotty "Mean Girls." As for Riley and Miz, well those two seem perfect for each other much like Jericho and Barrett as they're both cocky, conceited and look down at people not like themselves.

I'm hooked on NXT and can't wait to see what happens next.

I think it all depends on who gets over this season. I noticed the eliminations seemed to go by who was the most and least over(with the exception of Bryan).

My guess is that the WWE obviously knows who is going to immedietly be a member of the roster and who is going to go back to FCW and feud with the other eliminated people.

For example

Tarver and Sheffield got a lot of "Who gives a shit" from the crowd, No cheers, no boos, no matter what these two did. That's why they went early

Darren Young got a bit over when he was playing the whole underdog role and going up against CM Punk but overall he just couldnt go anywhere(if attacking one of your Number 1 heels doesn't get you anywhere, then nothing will) That may even explain him acting a bit heelish whne talking about Wade Barrett(Didn't these guys hate each other like 4 weeks ago)

Heath Slater got a small chick pop but i think most people just found him obnoxious(and extremely awkward, what the fuck is that head wave/seizure thing) But he got a bigger pop than the other too

Gabriel was getting Jeff Hardy-esque pops, lots of girls and people cheering when he went to the top.

Otunga got massive heat, MASSIVE HEAT. Reports from that house show recently said he got some of the biggest heat of the night. Tonight though his wrestling wasnt terrible, he misses some spots here and there, let him polish a bit in FCW and maybe win the FCW title while he is down there and hen have him come back with in a heel storyline.

Barrett some how not only got heat but he managed to get some pops too(especially when he won, though that could be just because the crowd hates Otunga) He is definitely ready for the main roster(I was hoping he would use his title shot and replace Taker at 4-Way) But he actually needed to win to get over which brings me too....

Daniel Bryan- who is massivly over which is why he is already into feuds with major talent(The Miz/Cole)

This brings me to season two. The winner will most likely be the person who has
-The Look
-Some what over with the crowd
- Enough talent to put on a solid match
Most importantly though is they need to be a wrestler that by winning the contest they will get over. If Skip Sheffield would have won Season 1 the crowd still wouldnt give a shit.

I still can't give a solid pick since I haven't seen everyone, but I don't think it will be Reilly, Kaval or McGillicutty because I think they will be able to get over without winning the contest

Next season is going to be off the charts. Firstly, they've had a whole season to perfect the NXT formula. Second, it looks to be equal parts awesome and hilarious. I mean, almost all the names are damn funny, and LayCool and Zack Ryder are pros. Percy Watson won me over in five seconds by being so bad he was good. Alex Riley was very funny on the mic. Pretty much all of the rookies are paired well and are good in the ring.

I can't wait for next week.

Huh? Were we watching the same program there junior? I think not. I mean you must've turned over to Mr. Roger's neighborhood for a quick sec there and missed all the informational parts of the show, all season long. I mean I know the temptation to turn the channel must have overwhelmed you so here, let me just fill you in on how craptastic this so called perfected formulas was.

1. I'm not sure what in the fuck barrel races or American Gladiators styled jousting has to do with being over in the ring, but they certainly were pulling things out of their asses for a few weeks there. And it showed in the ratings as those were segments that people turned away from. And having rookies play with balls in the middle of the ring? What exactly are they trying to hint at with that one? Season one was marred with too much non-rivalry/non-wrestling related material. And they seemed to think that it was some sort of gold rush because they shoved it down our throats week after week until people let them know that it was crap on tv and it was even crappier live. And I don't blame them either. I mean shit, would you want to pay half an arm and a leg for a ticket, only to be subjected to this floating turd?

2. They didn't spend enough time building potential rivalries or building suspense. If they would have spent more time getting the wrestlers to clash with one another, the damned matches would have been more interesting. Instead, they touched on about two rookie/pro rivalries and centered everything around Daniel Bryan. And that brings me to the biggest load of crap.

3. Daniel Bryan was cut? I mean shit, you can ask anybody who knows me and they will tell you that the level of respect that I have for ROH spot monkeys is so minimal that you couldn't wipe a baby chicken's ass with the paper I would write it on. But to take the main number one guy and have him lose EVERY match wasn't enough. You then put him into a feud with .... wait for it...... wait for it.....wait for it...... MICHAEL COLE? And not only that, but it fucking overshadows the feud that you have been building all season long with his trainer? How much fucking sense does that make? I mean you have an angry supposed indy legend who spend most of his time beating up an announcer. I'm sorry but for every person who keeps bringing up wht David Arquette/WCW title death thing, I just have to say this. It's one thing to point to one thing as being a black mark on wrestling. But it's even worse to not only not learn from it but to keep churning out more crap that is just as pointless in the future. I mean, if we don't learn from out past, then we are just oh so doomed to formulate crappy opinions about how much season 2 is going to rock, based upon a truly mythical opinion of season 1.

And I thought Heath Slater had the worst look in wrestling. They really spunked their load on the first season. I can't look at any of those guys and see somebody who could one day headline WrestleMania and if that isn't the goal, to create somebody who could headliner WrestleMania, then what's the point?

They either look like shit or have a crap name. Dolph Ziggler has never been anything less than good since he made his debut, but he'll never get to the top of the card because he has a dumb as sausages name. Husky Harris, Eli Cottonwood, Percy Watson, Lucky Cannon, crap names, crap looks.

They haven't even bothered with a Pro like Jericho. Yeah I know it was established a while ago that Jericho is actually a load of rubbish, but at least he himself is a part time headliner. Rey Mysterio, Big Show, Jack Swagger, all guys in the same bracket as him who could easily have taken a role as a Pro.

Love McCool & Layla being paired with Low-Ki, but it won't work in the same way as Miz/Danielson. Several weeks of Low-Ki's angry face will soon get old.

I'm excited about NXT Season 2, and even more excited that there's more than one pairing that I'm looking forward to care about this season.

But before that, allow me to be the first to say that I envy Kaval right now... I mean, sure, he won't learn anything from Michelle and Layla, but he's got two hot ass pros to drool over.

With that said, the pairing of LayCool and Kaval will probably be my favorite one for this season, but unfortunately I don't think WWE is ready to display him to his full potential just yet.

The second pairing that I'm liking is Cody Rhodes and Husky Harris. I'm wondering if WWE's going to have them go more of a resistant because of them both wanting to prove they're the better next gen wrestler, or if they're going to come off as more of a Legacy type duo. Either way, I see Harris as the winner of this competition.

As for the formula of Season 2, and what I'd like to see, well I'd like to see challenges that make sense actually. I mean the obstacle course sort of made sense, but that's about it. Maybe if the challenges were to like scale the side of a cage, or catch Hornswoggle in the fastest time, then maybe that could help.

I would also like to see more reality like segments. Like, what kind of training do the pros put the rookies through? What kind of diet does the Rookie have to undergo? You know, things like that so that way we get a bit more insight.

One thing that I do like about this season, is that we the fans get a vote as well... (although not really, but still). And even though we really don't get a vote, it really is going to be cool to actually sit back and think who I'd like to pay 50 bucks for on a Sunday night. Essentially, that's all that I care about.

If I am a rookie on season 2 of NXT, I think my first promo is demanding to know why I couldn't be on season one, and why "all the good pros were gone." Guys like Zach Rider and LayCool have NO BUSINESS being mentors or coaches to any of these guys, kayfabe or not. There's a reason why the coaches on "The Ultimate Fighter" either are currently or have been previous title holders / title contenders. There's a respect factor there. All of the coaches on the first season of NXT were guys you could consider mentor figures and positive role models - R-Truth was the stretch, and he really impressed me.

Honestly, I'm not thrilled with the Season 2 pairings.

Huh? Were we watching the same program there junior? I think not. I mean you must've turned over to Mr. Roger's neighborhood for a quick sec there and missed all the informational parts of the show, all season long. I mean I know the temptation to turn the channel must have overwhelmed you so here, let me just fill you in on how craptastic this so called perfected formulas was.

And already I've seen you can't read. I said that they had a whole season to perfect the formula, not that they perfected the formula for season 1. There waere some really shit parts on season 1, like watching Bryan Danielson gingerly sip a soda. I love Danielson, but even that was way too much.

1. I'm not sure what in the fuck barrel races or American Gladiators styled jousting has to do with being over in the ring, but they certainly were pulling things out of their asses for a few weeks there. And it showed in the ratings as those were segments that people turned away from. And having rookies play with balls in the middle of the ring? What exactly are they trying to hint at with that one? Season one was marred with too much non-rivalry/non-wrestling related material. And they seemed to think that it was some sort of gold rush because they shoved it down our throats week after week until people let them know that it was crap on tv and it was even crappier live. And I don't blame them either. I mean shit, would you want to pay half an arm and a leg for a ticket, only to be subjected to this floating turd?

And they'll probably remove the lame challenges for season 2 and only have promo/in-ring contests, or no contests at all. Season 1 was a testing ground to see what worked and what didn't. The challenges didn't work, so they're probably going to remove them. WWE is many things, but they aren't stupid.

2. They didn't spend enough time building potential rivalries or building suspense. If they would have spent more time getting the wrestlers to clash with one another, the damned matches would have been more interesting. Instead, they touched on about two rookie/pro rivalries and centered everything around Daniel Bryan. And that brings me to the biggest load of crap.

Once again, they'll probably fix this. Near the end of the season, they started to have more fights and rookies running each other down. They saw that it worked so they'll add more of those in.

3. Daniel Bryan was cut? I mean shit, you can ask anybody who knows me and they will tell you that the level of respect that I have for ROH spot monkeys is so minimal that you couldn't wipe a baby chicken's ass with the paper I would write it on. But to take the main number one guy and have him lose EVERY match wasn't enough. You then put him into a feud with .... wait for it...... wait for it.....wait for it...... MICHAEL COLE? And not only that, but it fucking overshadows the feud that you have been building all season long with his trainer? How much fucking sense does that make? I mean you have an angry supposed indy legend who spend most of his time beating up an announcer. I'm sorry but for every person who keeps bringing up wht David Arquette/WCW title death thing, I just have to say this. It's one thing to point to one thing as being a black mark on wrestling. But it's even worse to not only not learn from it but to keep churning out more crap that is just as pointless in the future. I mean, if we don't learn from out past, then we are just oh so doomed to formulate crappy opinions about how much season 2 is going to rock, based upon a truly mythical opinion of season 1.

WAAAAAAAH WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH WAAAAAAAAAAH

Shut up you stupid negative dumbass. Michael Cole/Danielson is one of the most interesting storylines the WWE has going for it. You are pretty much the ONLY person bitching about it. Even Lord Sidious thinks it's a really good storyline! Doesn't that tell you something?

I didn't say that "Season 2 is going to be great because season 1 was!". I said that they were going to learn from the mistakes made with season 1 (and believe me, there were a lot) to perfect the NXT formula for season 2.

I wish I could red rep you with Sheamus lesbians fifty times.

I'm going to make my own comparason list here for the rookies of seasons 1 and 2.

Percy Watson is the new Darren Young.

They have the exact same gimmick. The only difference is that Percy is just odd enough to get over. Which is sometihng Darren never will. He's never going to win because he is not good enough

Titus O'Neill is the new Skip Sheffield

THey're both huge, shockingly athletic guys. He'll toss people around, but I dont' think he's that good yet. He isn't winning.

Eli Cottonwood is the new David Otunga

So big that you know Vince is creaming his pants. I dont remember him being very good though. No chance of winning.

Husky Harris is the new Michael Tarver.

Yeah, he's going nowhere. Look at him. Nobody can take a fat wrestler seriously unless they're damn good, pushed the hell out of or are Samoan. Preferably all three. I dont think any will apply to Huskyboy.

Joe Hennig is the new Justin Gabriel

He's experienced, good in the ring, a third generation superstar and will go far in NXT. Ugly brute though. Like Kaval (see below) he'll be a favorite of the smarks going in but won't win. He's good, but I don't think that Hennig quite has what it takes to beat out the combination of charisma and ability that Riley posesses.

Lucky Cannon is the new Heath Slater

Both rollup merchants which are quite good in the ring. Prime is less shit though, though he has the weakest kicks I've ever seen. This is the man I'm backing. He won't win, but god damn it I want him to. I also wish he'd cept his FCW name. Johnny Prime > Lucky Cannon.

Kaval is the new Daniel Bryan

Great in the ring (even if I don't like his style), saddled with a lame pro and is the guy every internet fan knows and wanks over. He trades a little of Daniel Bryan's ability to work for a bit more charisma and a character. He also has an awesome jacket.

Alex Riley is the new Wade Barrett.

He is going to win. He's good in the ring, charismatic, has a gimmick and is a decent size. He can do Shelton's most famous spot (the big jump to superplex) and can cut a fucking good promo. He isn't as good as Barrett in my opinion, but he's good. He'll be a main eventer in the near future.

Over all, i am generally excited about NXT Season 2, but i wouldn't say i was creaming my pants over it. For starters, it is abundantly clear there is a divide between the no-hopers and the serious competition in the talent roster. Guys like Lucky Channon and Husky Harris have no real chance of winning and it shows through their choice of pros as Mark Henry and Cody Rhodes struggle as it is to get on RAW/SD!; am i supposed to believe these two hold the key to their rookies' success?

The Choice of pros available this season also does not sit well with me, as i feel we've lost entertaining pros in CM Punk, Regal, Jericho and Christian and replaced them with the blandest bunch of midcarders ever. Morrison, Kingston, Henry? Yes, 2/3 are entertaining in the ring but on the mic all three are pretty poor. One of my personal highlights of NXT, which was excellent last night, is the pros poll and the chance for the pros to come out and squabble/argue the case for their respective rookies. I thought Regal was hilarious last night and throughout the last 3-4 weeks but i don't really see anyone but The Miz and maybe LayCool getting over on the mic. Again, you could argue that it is a training ground for the pros as well as the rookies to gain mic skills but then that takes away from the fact that the pros are supposed to be the finished articles.

Positives? Well, from what you can gather from a 20 second promo, i am excited about Alex Riley, Micheal McGillicutty and Kaval (although i know more of Low-Ki's ring skills from his days in TNA) but i have to agree with some of the previous posts and say i have an awful feeling that this new batch of rookies will be compared to the previous lot. After watching the vignettes run last night, i thought i was just being re-fed the same old shit. Vicious, sadisitic beast? Joe Henning appears to have took Micheal Tarver's spot. Arrogant, egotistical young punk? Otunga appears to have been replaced with Alex Riley. Eli Cottonwood for Skip Sheffield adds to the feeling that the same old characters will be recycled.

Despite what has happened with the whole Bryan Danielson/Daniel Bryan/ Michael Cole angle, i still have major doubts about Kaval and how they will utilise him. I have argued that characters are being recycled but i can't see them re-hashing the Daniel Bryan scenario with Kaval so soon after season 1 when there is no gap between the seasons. I can't see how Kaval wil stand out unless he wins the competition but even then, the whole 'opposites attract' rule with the rookie/pro pairing reeks of Miz/Bryan so you never know.

Overall, i am looking forward to season 2, and i hope that they have learnt how to improve the show because as a concept, i enjoy it and i find it to be an entertaining alternative to the traditional WWE programming of RAW and SD!

Overall, I think the "cast of characters" for Season 2, for both Rookies and Pros, just looks to be more entertaining to me. It's just a feeling that I have and, while I might be wrong, I'm looking forward to this season. There were some bugs in the 1st Season of NXT and if the WWE is able to work out those bugs for Season 2, it'll definitely be better.

I think the lame Rookie Challenges definitely need to be left out and, instead, focus more attention on the characters of the Rookies. Let the fans really get to know them, learn what makes them tick. Don't just show a 2 minute vinyette of each Rookie and simply leave it at that. If they do intend to have some sort of challenges, make the challenges seem as though they're important. Actually have a legitimate reason for doing them instead of just using them to fill air time.

While I don't know any of the names with the exception of Michael and Kaval (mostly through rumors and legacy) I have to admit I'm not hyped for this at all.

First of all, none of the rookies seems to be anywhere near able to impress me as opposed to the interest I had in every single one of the rookies in season 1 (yes including Heath Slater, who I grew to hate for being too energetic).

I'm a little blank about the pairings, some of them makes sense, most of them doesn't, and none of them has any significant position in WWE to prove to be a good potential mentor like season 1 did with William Regal, Christian and Chris Jericho who has had YEARS in the business as opposed to what ANY of the current NXT pros has had, perhaps with the exception of Mark Henry, who, yeah I don't really need to explain that one, it's obvious he's gonna be shit.

I'm not intrigued about this upcoming season, but I'm looking for NXT and WWE to prove me wrong.

*yawn*

1. I'm not sure what in the fuck barrel races or American Gladiators styled jousting has to do with being over in the ring, but they certainly were pulling things out of their asses for a few weeks there. And it showed in the ratings as those were segments that people turned away from.

The challenges were shit; I started a thread about that. But you can't expect a company to change it's show's format half way through a season. It doesn't really work that way. There's the hope that this concept is revamped, or even dumped this season.

And having rookies play with balls in the middle of the ring? What exactly are they trying to hint at with that one?

And here we are, only on point number one, and you've already had to grasp at straws for a pathetic jab (well, after the botched opening). I don't know, dawg, what were they trying to hint at with that one? You tell me. What's the punchline of this joke?

Season one was marred with too much non-rivalry/non-wrestling related material. And they seemed to think that it was some sort of gold rush because they shoved it down our throats week after week until people let them know that it was crap on tv and it was even crappier live. And I don't blame them either. I mean shit, would you want to pay half an arm and a leg for a ticket, only to be subjected to this floating turd?

I'm of the mind that I auto-ignore anyone using the phrase "shoved down our throats" when bitching about booking. Anything done on WWE TV is "forced down our throats". It's a weak talking point, an argument done to death over the internet, and the only people to pull it out on these forums are whiny Cena-hating children and someone trying to sound revolutionary and edgy. If you don't like the show, don't watch it. If you're at the live tapings and don't want to see it, go grab a beer or just leave. Buying a ticket doesn't mean you have a place on the booking committee. Plenty of others stayed to watch it.

The point of the show was to not be just like the other two shows. It wasn't trying to be "ECW: The Noob's Proving Grounds". It failed in a lot of what it was trying to do, but that's to be expected with trying to innovate the product. NXT Season 1's biggest failures were that the challenges never felt like they had anything to do with anything else on the show, that there was never ANY reward in winning one (Barrett's theme song, anyone?), and that it couldn't decide whether it wanted to feel scripted or unscripted until the last few weeks.

3. Daniel Bryan was cut? I mean shit, you can ask anybody who knows me and they will tell you that the level of respect that I have for ROH spot monkeys is so minimal that you couldn't wipe a baby chicken's ass with the paper I would write it on.

I would find this funny if I was still in high school, which is funny in itself because you started this by mocking the OP's age, and I've never seen him reach so hard for lulz that will never come.

But to take the main number one guy and have him lose EVERY match wasn't enough. You then put him into a feud with .... wait for it...... wait for it.....wait for it...... MICHAEL COLE? And not only that, but it fucking overshadows the feud that you have been building all season long with his trainer? How much fucking sense does that make?

NXT wasn't about Miz vs Daniel Bryan, it was about Daniel Bryan. I'd be surprised if the show wasn't first created as a vehicle to introduce Daniel Bryan to the masses. From day one, it's been about his story, his experience in the "evil empire". That lead from butting heads with Miz to ripping apart the biggest authority figure on the program, Michael Cole. His win-loss record was never important, in fact he didn't even need to win in the end. It got him great exposure that he wouldn't have found jobbing on Raw. His segments were among the best made of the season, and his feuds generated buzz on a level with other main roster programs. I could see this being frustrating if you weren't really into Bryan, but I figure that if you weren't really into him, you probably would have just not watched the show.

I mean you have an angry supposed indy legend who spend most of his time beating up an announcer.

Actually, if you had watched the show, you would know most of his time was spent getting slapped by Miz and putting on great matches with guys like Jericho, Batista, and William Regal.

I'm sorry but for every person who keeps bringing up wht David Arquette/WCW title death thing, I just have to say this. It's one thing to point to one thing as being a black mark on wrestling. But it's even worse to not only not learn from it but to keep churning out more crap that is just as pointless in the future.

I'm sorry, do you want to try that again?

David Arquette buried the WCW World Heavyweight Championship by touching it and by actually becoming a title holder.

Daniel Bryan used NXT to get over.

Uh...You've given no reason for the comparison. You've given no evidence to rationalize the comparison. It's simply just two things you didn't like seeing on television. That's the only thing these two have in common. Daniel Bryan getting cut from NXT is not going to sink WWE.

So, yeah, try again?

I mean, if we don't learn from out past, then we are just oh so doomed to formulate crappy opinions about how much season 2 is going to rock, based upon a truly mythical opinion of season 1.

So if we don't take your opinion as gospel we are doomed to maybe like something that we maybe liked the first part of?

Seasons 1 I liked it but I missed most of the epsodes basically the one's with those type of contests. While I though they were entertaining they didn nothing for the nxt rooking.

This season I am going to try to watch every epsode and give the wrestlers on there a chance. I only see a few of the rookies go far and as far as Husky and Percey go I only see them go far with there tag team parthner since they don't really do much in single action on fcw.

So if we don't take your opinion as gospel we are doomed to maybe like something that we maybe liked the first part of?

Thanks, DirtyJose, for putting that out there! It irks me when folks do nothing but complain, complain, and complain some more, not thinking about what the company itself might have in store.

Here's my thinking:

The WWE is the biggest wrestling organization in the world, hands down. Do you think they got where they were if they just "copy and pasted" something they did or someone else did previously (ok, maybe they've made that mistake now and again)? Progress means looking at what you've done and improving on your procedure so that you get a better outcome the next time around. This is their first season. Nobody said it was going to be perfect the first time around. I'm sure the writing team took a look at NXT season 1 and looked at worked and what didn't, which is probably why we saw a decrease in those stupid challenges and more on character development. For me, personally, I was more intrigued with what NXT was doing to develop these characters and less with their in-ring performance. Now we're upon the second season and this time around, we're already seeing changes in the rules for the new batch of Rookies. Maybe we'll see the occasional challenge here and there, but I'm sure it'll be a bit more realistic (like the promo challenge early on in the competition, which made sense). I seriously doubt the WWE is going to sit there and just keep doing what they're doing. No serious business is going to be content with settling for that.

My next "theory" of sorts is in regards to the NXT in general and not so much the contestants. Before NXT started, they were touted as being a new experimental and reality-based show under the WWE banner. I think what a lot of us don't realize is that this also goes for the "behind the scenes" folks too. Think about it: How many times have we heard that "Wrestler X" was brought onto Raw/Smackdown and "they're totally using them wrong"? Folks said it about Evan Bourne/Matt Sydal, they said it about Ultimo Dragon, they said it about Goldberg, and they've even said it about CM Punk. I think NXT is a great indication that the WWE's finally going to look at what we like, experiment with their angle-creating without sacrificing their huge name talent, and adjusting "on the fly", creating tomorrow's talent, today. I don't think they realized how over Bryan Danielson was going to be, which is probably why they decided to have him eliminated early in order to further bigger angles. They probably figured BD was going to be on top no matter what and decided to make it more fair for the other wrestlers.

As far as the second season goes, I agree that they've chosen some lackluster "Pros" to teach the rookies. To me, this only means that I'm going to concentrate more on the rookies and less on the pros, with the exception of The Miz/Alex Riley pairing. With the addition of viewer votes, we're probably going to see an even more realistic depiction of what the fans truly want.

With that said, my favorites are definitely Kaval, who I've been following since his days in TNA, ROH, NJPW (New Jersey, not New Japan), and Japan, and Alex Riley - The man is GOLDEN on the mic!

And already I've seen you can't read. I said that they had a whole season to perfect the formula, not that they perfected the formula for season 1. There waere some really shit parts on season 1, like watching Bryan Danielson gingerly sip a soda. I love Danielson, but even that was way too much.

And once again YOU have shown that you clearly suffer from Dysarthria my friend. Here, let me show you where you erred. Your statement that they had a whole season to "perfect" season one hints that you think that they were making strides in the right direction. Notice, if you used such words as "develop" and " create"or phrases such as "lay out", then you don't give this impression. Don't worry, it's always good to learn from ones mistakes.

And they'll probably remove the lame challenges for season 2 and only have promo/in-ring contests, or no contests at all. Season 1 was a testing ground to see what worked and what didn't. The challenges didn't work, so they're probably going to remove them. WWE is many things, but they aren't stupid.

Oh come on, you don't think that they knew wouldn't know ahead of time that the challenges were going to be crap? If anything, they will have MORE challenges next season. The WWE has been writing wrestling shows since before you were born. Do you REALLY think that they need to test shit without having a general feeling of the end result? Come on now. Smarten up here.

Once again, they'll probably fix this. Near the end of the season, they started to have more fights and rookies running each other down. They saw that it worked so they'll add more of those in.

Um yeah, they will use all 16 weeks wisely and not do more of the same crap. If you believe that, then I have a bridge for sale in Brooklyn for cheap.

WAAAAAAAH WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH WAAAAAAAAAAH

Niiiiiiiice. REEAAAALLL mature kid.

Shut up you stupid negative dumbass. Michael Cole/Danielson is one of the most interesting storylines the WWE has going for it. You are pretty much the ONLY person bitching about it. Even Lord Sidious thinks it's a really good storyline! Doesn't that tell you something?

Wait, let me get this straight. You sit there and run down the crap challenges and yet promote this crap like it's gold? i mean they spent all season building up Miz vs. Bryan for what? For it ti turn to Cole/Bryan? Cole has a hard enough time sucking on commentary without needing to be distracted by a storyline. And kid, I've know Lord Sidious ALOT longer than you. He still doesn't think there was anything wrong with David Arquette AND Vince Russo having held the WCW title in the same year. lol

I didn't say that "Season 2 is going to be great because season 1 was!". I said that they were going to learn from the mistakes made with season 1 (and believe me, there were a lot) to perfect the NXT formula for season 2.

No, what you said was that Season 2 was going to be "off the charts". And you used Season 1's model as reason for thinking so. If they were going to learn from Season 1 and do what you SAY they will be doing, then why start it off as a huge joke with names and trainers that aren't worth a shit to begin with? Please, explain this one to me. And use words this time, not just angry rants that go nowhere. Expand your thoughts and elaborate.

I wish I could red rep you with Sheamus lesbians fifty times.
:wtf:
Okay, now I know I shouldn't even take you seriously. If THIS is what you choose to sink to because you lack the sheer fortitude to present a valid point, then it's pointless to argue with you because your thinking process has been ******ed in such a way as to not allow you to express yourself in an appropriate manner. Good day sir.

And once again YOU have shown that you clearly suffer from Dysarthria my friend. Here, let me show you where you erred. Your statement that they had a whole season to "perfect" season one hints that you think that they were making strides in the right direction. Notice, if you used such words as "develop" and " create"or phrases such as "lay out", then you don't give this impression. Don't worry, it's always good to learn from ones mistakes.

What Doc said was 'They've had a season to perfect the NXT formula'. Not that 'season 1 was perfection' or anything close. His wording means that after a season of producing NXT, they've seen what works and what doesn't; and from that information they can produce a much better season than the first. Which was for the most part, pretty damn good.

Oh come on, you don't think that they knew wouldn't know ahead of time that the challenges were going to be crap?

I'd assume not, because WWE tend not to do stuff that they think will turn out to be shit. The challenges had potential, and they fulfilled their aim of taking the rookies out of their comfort zone and making them do unexpected shit. They just ended up being terrible. And undeniably, almost undefendably so.

If anything, they will have MORE challenges next season.

How do you figure?

The WWE has been writing wrestling shows since before you were born. Do you REALLY think that they need to test shit without having a general feeling of the end result?

Yes. That's why they to test runs of matches and feuds at house shows, have a developmental territory and have new tallent work dark matches.

Come on now. Smarten up here.

After you.

Um yeah, they will use all 16 weeks wisely and not do more of the same crap. If you believe that, then I have a bridge for sale in Brooklyn for cheap.

They won't do everything right. There'll be a few absolute stinkers. However, on the whole I think it will be better. The rookies are, on average better, and WWE will have learned from NXT season 1. Whether you'll admit it or not.

Wait, let me get this straight. You sit there and run down the crap challenges and yet promote this crap like it's gold?

The challenges were shit (except the promo one). However, the rest was pretty damn good.

i mean they spent all season building up Miz vs. Bryan for what? For it ti turn to Cole/Bryan?

Wait, you mean the storyline that Cole did well, Bryan did well, won over 99% of the doubters with, and is one of the best feuds in wrestling at the moment? What exactly is wrong with the Bryan vs Cole feud.

Cole has a hard enough time sucking on commentary without needing to be distracted by a storyline.

And yet, on NXT, where he has a storyline, he was much better than Raw. Funny how that happened isn't it.

No, what you said was that Season 2 was going to be "off the charts".

I agree with him.

And you used Season 1's model as reason for thinking so.

What model do you think they're going to use? NXT started off well. Between the first two pro's polls they had no fucking clue what to do, so they killed time with the bullshit challenges. They now know that the bullshit challenges worked badly and will likely have learned form their errors and won't do them again. They even shoewed evidence of this during the season when they stopped doing the chalenge in one big lump, and broke it up so that people didn't get suicidal with the crapness.

If they were going to learn from Season 1 and do what you SAY they will be doing, then why start it off as a huge joke with names and trainers that aren't worth a shit to begin with? Please, explain this one to me. And use words this time, not just angry rants that go nowhere. Expand your thoughts and elaborate.

Doc said that Zack Ryder and Lay-Cool are funny, and that as a result of the names and tallent NXT2 will be hilarious. What he finds amusing, you may not. But then opinions are like ********s. Everybody's got one and yours is full of shit.

Okay, now I know I shouldn't even take you seriously. If THIS is what you choose to sink to because you lack the sheer fortitude to present a valid point, then it's pointless to argue with you because your thinking process has been ******ed in such a way as to not allow you to express yourself in an appropriate manner. Good day sir.

He thinks you're a negative moron. You're yet to do the same you know. your arguements were shockingly bad.

Oh come on, you don't think that they knew wouldn't know ahead of time that the challenges were going to be crap? If anything, they will have MORE challenges next season. The WWE has been writing wrestling shows since before you were born. Do you REALLY think that they need to test shit without having a general feeling of the end result? Come on now. Smarten up here.

NXT is completely meant as an experimental show. Despite them needing more time to fill down the line (with eliminations, etc...), they stopped the challenges because they were proven to be unpopular and a complete waste of time. Even so, they'll probably still have challenges from time to time this season, because they do serve a necessary purpose of character development, and helping to get to the next point.

Actually, this is going to be a shorter season because Smackdown is going to SyFy in the Fall. So, chances are, they won't waste too much time.

Wait, let me get this straight. You sit there and run down the crap challenges and yet promote this crap like it's gold? i mean they spent all season building up Miz vs. Bryan for what? For it ti turn to Cole/Bryan? Cole has a hard enough time sucking on commentary without needing to be distracted by a storyline. And kid, I've know Lord Sidious ALOT longer than you. He still doesn't think there was anything wrong with David Arquette AND Vince Russo having held the WCW title in the same year. lol

Well, considering that Daniel Bryan beat The Miz on Raw, and The Miz still showing hostility to Bryan during the season finale, and with the next logical step most likely being Bret Hart giving Bryan a contract for "impressing him" with his win, chances are the Miz/Bryan feud is far from over. Cole is just a foil in the main storyline here. And I don't know where you've been, but Cole is owning as a heel commentator.

And with Kaval another internet darling, Michael Cole hating on him is going to be another running gag. I can't wait for it.

No, what you said was that Season 2 was going to be "off the charts". And you used Season 1's model as reason for thinking so. If they were going to learn from Season 1 and do what you SAY they will be doing, then why start it off as a huge joke with names and trainers that aren't worth a shit to begin with? Please, explain this one to me. And use words this time, not just angry rants that go nowhere. Expand your thoughts and elaborate.

Season two is going to be a lot better than this season, because as a whole, the group seems to be more talented, and the pro/rookie pairings seem to be a lot better. They also know what works and doesn't work now, which means the second season of NXT is going to be a lot more structured and in theory, they'll limit some of the mistakes that were made with the first season.

And once again YOU have shown that you clearly suffer from Dysarthria my friend.

Dyspraxia, actually.

Here, let me show you where you erred. Your statement that they had a whole season to "perfect" season one hints that you think that they were making strides in the right direction.

Which they were. The Cole/Danielson storyline is extremely interesting, leaning on the fourth wall. The interactions and tension between rookies and pros added a sense of realism. The pros being able to Work-shoot on their rookies (like calling out Otunga's poor ring skills, saying Danielson is better than the Miz, etc.) made for good television. During the last few weeks, they really got what the show should be about and it was entertaining.

Notice, if you used such words as "develop" and " create"or phrases such as "lay out", then you don't give this impression. Don't worry, it's always good to learn from ones mistakes.

Thing is, I don't think it matters whether I use ten words, twenty words, fancy phrases, purple prose, beige prose, or rainbow prose, as long as you can understand me. Well, not "you", but the general, not touched-in-the-head public.

Oh come on, you don't think that they knew wouldn't know ahead of time that the challenges were going to be crap?

No. There was no way they could REALLY script some of those challenges. They might have done test runs, but there's no way in knowing how an audience will respond to something until they see it. For an example, look at Rocky Maivia. He was supposed to be the next popular babyface, but the live crowds hated him and his squeaky clean persona. For a more extreme example, try Katie Vick. Apparently several people "laughed themselves silly" at it backstage, but it's now regarded as one of the worst moments in wrestling history.

If anything, they will have MORE challenges next season. The WWE has been writing wrestling shows since before you were born.

And they've been known to cut their losses and put things that don't work out of their misery. Look at Beaver Cleavage. He had, what, one match before undergoing a gimmick change?

Do you REALLY think that they need to test shit without having a general feeling of the end result? Come on now. Smarten up here.
I already am, thank you. It's what house shows are for, and it's what Season 1 of NXT was for. Testing grounds. They may have a general feel but nothing is predictable to its finest detail. Once again, they could not have known how the live audience and the folks watching at home would have reacted to the challenges.

For one thing, I believe the season is shorter this time around. For another, why WOULDN'T they use them more wisely than last time? Thhey tried tings out, saw what worked and what didn't, and will use this knowledge to benefit season 2 by cutting the crap and giving us more stories and characters for the rookies.

Wait, let me get this straight. You sit there and run down the crap challenges and yet promote this crap like it's gold?

Yes. Because it's a great storyline.

i mean they spent all season building up Miz vs. Bryan for what? For it ti turn to Cole/Bryan?

Actually, they only spent a few weeks with Miz/Bryan. Cole has been bashing Danielson since day 1 of NXT. And Danielson still has trouble with Miz, which is why he was in a match with him on Monday instead of in a match with Cole.

Cole has a hard enough time sucking on commentary without needing to be distracted by a storyline.

Ever since he turned heel for this storyline, his commentary has been praised. He has done much better on the headset and the IWC is slowly warming to him. Most of all, he's been entertaining.

And kid, I've know Lord Sidious ALOT longer than you. He still doesn't think there was anything wrong with David Arquette AND Vince Russo having held the WCW title in the same year. lol

BULLSHIT.

No, what you said was that Season 2 was going to be "off the charts".

And I think it will be. Season 1 showed flashes of brilliance that I believe they can really grab hold of in season 2. The rookies are more interesting, the pros are more fun, they will either scrap the challenges or make better, more relevant ones, and the season won't be as long. I have high hopes for Season 2.

And you used Season 1's model as reason for thinking so. If they were going to learn from Season 1 and do what you SAY they will be doing, then why start it off as a huge joke with names and trainers that aren't worth a shit to begin with? Please, explain this one to me. And use words this time, not just angry rants that go nowhere. Expand your thoughts and elaborate.

I did. I said that Season 2 should be a lot more fun, and funnier. I find Zack Ryder, LayCool, Percy Watson, The Miz, and Alex Riley all to be very humorous. Names like Husky Harris and Michael McGillicutty are inherently amusing names that still work and roll off the tongue. This bunch of rookies have much more personality than the ones in season 1. The challenges will probably be scrapped or improved.

I feel like I've said this before. Oh yeah, that's because I have!

Okay, now I know I shouldn't even take you seriously.

That's cool, I don't really take you seriously either.

If THIS is what you choose to sink to because you lack the sheer fortitude to present a valid point, then it's pointless to argue with you because your thinking process has been ******ed in such a way as to not allow you to express yourself in an appropriate manner. Good day sir.

Except I have presented my arguments, and presented them well if the green rep I've gotten is any indication. My points are very valid. As for ******ed and immature...you're the 35-year-old man complaining about the word "cunt" and pictures of lesbians with Sheamus heads in their underwear.

All I did in the first place was present my optimistic view that season 2 will be better than season 1 because WWE will have learned from their mistakes. Yes, WWE makes mistakes. They don't plan to be this shitty, contrary to what you seem to believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back