Official Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
:headbanger: New manager mate always gonna turn things around. Top half finish for us hopefully.

Thought your support was awful considering you had free travel down.

So thought I'd bump this up, anyone see the Ronaldo Penalty decision last night? I saw it, and there is no way the guy dived, he was caught by Woodgate and the penalty was awarded correctly. I think people just assume he dived because he has a reputation for it.

Yeh, it looked pretty legit to me. I'm sure it's just his reputation for diving...

I still dislike him for his world cup conduct.

So, what did y'all think of the Tottenham - Chelsea game? I thought that it was really quite offensive, Tottenham were really unlucky with those two goals. I genuinely believed Spurs had the game based on their first half performance and the beginning of their second half.

No credit away from Chelsea though. Shevchenko's and SWP's goals were pretty decent. After the penalty it was really a thrilling last few minutes to watch.

So, we're looking at a Man U - Chelsea final? ;)

I didnt see the whole game, as I was watching MUFC vs. Boro, but I saw the two Chelsea goals, and to be honest looking at them alone, even if Spurs did have most of the game, Chelsea probably deserved it.

On the MUFC - Chelsea Final, not sure about that one, I could see Blackburn upsetting Chelsea, they are a Physical team, and a team in good form this year, even Watford could pull something out against MUFC, you never really know.

What about the match last night? I missed it but heard it was dire. though 2 good things to come out of it...we won 3-0 and Richards is out for saturday (being a geordie it helps...)

McClaren need's to go. 3-0 against some part timer's. Pathetic. I wish we'd lost. At least then they would have fired him. I fear that they will stick with him until it's too late and we dont qualify for the Euro Championship's.

then the toon get beat 1-0 off city...

They need to get rid of McLaren RIGHT NOW! He's destroying the country, when Northern Ireland laugh at us that's worrying

Ok, so i'm the dumb american on this one. I'm trying to understand how your guys league works, so bare with me.

We have the MLS here, not much talent, but it's something.

So explain to me how you're league and championship series works.

Is their an All British league, and then that champion goes into the tournament with all of the champions from Europe. Or is there a big league with the major European cities in it only?

Yours Truly,
Ignorant American Soccer/Football fan.

There's English leagues, Scottish Leagues, Spanish, German etc.

There's lot's of leagues in each country.

In England it's

Premiership
Championship
1st Division
2nd Division etc.

Premiership is all the top teams, Championship has good teams, 1st divison ok teams and so on.

3 points for a win, 1 for a draw and non for a loss.

There's tournaments like the F.A. Cup, Champions League and so on.

Champions league is for the best in europe. The ones who qualify in the top 4 of all the major European leagues.

F.A. Cup is for any English teams. And there's load's more cups for teams throughout the country. Some exclusive to each division. And some of them mean absolute shit.

To add:

At the end of the season the top teams from the league (bar the premiership - the top 4 earn a CL spot) have a chance to be promoted into the next league. For the teams at the very bottom of the league they can get relegated into the league below.

I bet every Man U supporter in the world are thanking the toon today...well played lads

3 Games to go, 5 points clear, Man City, Chelsea, and West Ham are left. Its looking good for Utd, it will look better with a victory in Milan this week. How ironic is it that Utd old boy Phillip Neville scored an own goal for us. I think i remember him scoring like maybe 5 times in his Utd career, but none of them were as big as this. Thank you Phillip Neville from all Manchester United fans.

West Brom are taking the piss. A loss of for and on the last day of the season they decide to score 7, and with 15 minutes left. Stoke are on form for week's before the end of the season and on the last day it all turns to shit.

Come on you irons! West Ham are going to destroy Man U next saturday (especially if they field a reserve team)

We are staying up say we are staying!

Just wait and see, next season we'll show everyone what we're made of, just wait and see.

Bobby Zamora 4 England!

Blades fan here...anyone else feel we've been done an injustice by that Corn-beef eating Tevez?

You cant be serious, possibly every English striker would be ahead of him in the pecking order. Alan Smith anyone? He could definately do a good job for England, if he can stay on the pitch long enough.

I am being serious, Bobby Z is a legend. True West Ham supporter and everything. On a lighter note, do you think Mark Noble is ready for the full England team, he literally carried England U-21 once he was selected during the recent tournament.

Blades fan here...anyone else feel we've been done an injustice by that Corn-beef eating Tevez?

What you mean like Sean Hasbean is still a really good actor. Don't think so, you need to prepare for life in the fizzy pop league. And what about Steve Kabba, double standards, or is it just because your not a very big club from London! lmfao!

Well Australia's first Asian Cup Campaign starts tonight when they face off against Oman. They have openly said that anything less than a place in the final would be a huge failure and I agree with them.

So really if they cant beat Oman tonight, they should pack their bags up and come on home. The only thing that will stop them getting out of their group and to great success is the ompressive conditions that the players arent used to.

I for one Im glad to see Harry Kewell back and fit and I think he will be a very important player for the Aussies.

I really hope the Aussies win as our very own Lucas Neill is captain. What a bargain he was in all the midst of trouble last season, £1.2m. Absolute quality player and my choice to be West Ham's captain next season now Reo-Joker has become a villain.

Yeah Lucas Neill is an absolute star. Was defionately our player of the tournament at the World cup, was an absolute tragedy that it was he who was whistled for that bullshit penalty against Italy that put us out.

Well not a great start to the Asia Cup, a 1-1 draw with Oman. Only because Tim Cahill scored uin the 91st minute. So not great going at all. But Oman were supposed to be our biggest opponents in the group, as they nearly made the world cup as the 5th best asian team our something. So hopefu;lly the Aussie will be able to give Iraq and Thailand a good kicking.

Well Im lost for words at the moment, after a very ordinary performance in drawing with Oman. Australia come and and try to redeem themselves with a great 3 - 1 loss against Iraq.

Yes folks you read it right a 3 - 1 loss to Iraq. That is an absolute disgrace, nothing more can be said. They can whinge and bitch about the conditions, amount of matches they have played in the last 6 weeks whatever they want, but simply pu getting beaten by Iraq, even if you were playing the game on Mercury is simply not good enough.

After the great success in the World cup that really helped Australian football, we are then treated to this crap. In a tournament we were favoured to win no less.

Now to just get through the group stages Australia must be Thailand and hope for the right result in the match between Oman/Iraq. Now you would think beating Thailand would be easy. But currnetly I dont think Australia could beat my local team.

Disgraceful, I hope Thailand gives them a hiding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back