• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

*OFFICIAL* CM Punk/John Cena Thread - Keep It All In Here!

Which do you find more entertaining?

• Punk and the text mystery

• Cena and the title chase

Results are only viewable after voting.

a7xfan93

Pre-Show Stalwart
After the main event of raw (dissapointed that rey lost) we heard "Cult of personality" play after cena celebrates. I for one didn't know who it would be, but then CM Punk walks out with the championship, and raw goes off air with cm punk and cena posing towards eachother with their championship belts. I can't wait to see what happens next.

I know that we are now going to see the continued Cena Vs. CM Punk storyline, and i know that this storyline will be great.

What do you think will happen now?
Are you happy to see the return of cm punk?
What happens to rey mysterio now, does he get a rematch, or does the wwe just push him back to the bottom.
thoughts?

this is what happens - i quit watching RAW. i said it in a different thread last week, they blew a month long angle last week and puked on it this week. so now Mysterio is a wwe champ too even though his entire run was less than 2 hours. woo-hoo, Ziggler did that too. and then they bring Punk back tonight. why not set up Mysterio/Cena for SummerSlam and have Punk come out them. come on, this was Cena's first match of the night and Mysterio's second. i am not a Mysterio fan but even i think that is bs. it is simple - the wwe universe is kids and they can't follow a storyline for more than 3 weeks so everything gets rushed instead of running a natural course. anyone remember Sting not wrestling for a year in WCW? how about the build-up for Jericho's debut and return? those worked great and they were a long, slow build. Punk should have been gone until atleast SummerSlam. how about a little realism in the wwe? people thought it was a joke when Cena was "fired" during the Nexus angle. wow, wwe kept Punk off tv for one whole RAW. way to go!!!!

sorry for ranting but this is just plain stupid. Triple H is incharge (how about Steph, or maybe bring back Shane or Linda - any would make more sense than Hunter), we now have 2 champs, and on top of that, we just got a big f-u since that title match and tourney was a big joke since the belt is back on Cena. good job Vince. TNA has some stupid angles but this ranks right up there with anything they have done. I am done with wwe.

No the return of cm punk shouldnt have taken place two weeks after money in the bank. WWE rushed way too early by having cm punk show up tonight. That just make all of cm punk's previous promos to be irrelevant. Ok he said he will leave the company with the title and wants to go somewhere else blah blah blah and now hes back after missing just only one raw?

Definitely a good storyline but i expected the wwe would make something kayfabe out of this storyline and prolong the storyline. Like have cm punk shows up on ROH or something. oo well

Rey mysterio was never going to get the strap. He was simply doing the job of a transitional champion giving the strap back to John Cena. But holy shit, the wwe wasnt gonna wait for another week to have cena become champion, oo no. It just makes the entire tournament completely irrelevant.

The overall quality of this show was light years better than the product we had been seeing before this whole CM Punk angle began, but I got to be honest, if Punk is "resigned" to the WWE already after only being gone for one episode I think they would be wasting a big opportunity for a company changing storyline and would have produced a very good storyline.

When the Cult of Personality theme hit, I knew Punk used this at one point; but I honestly thought it was gonna be some of the new ROH guys signed to come outta the crowd and attack Cena after the theme song distraction. It would have set up an "ROH faction," and it would be Punk who could be behind it.

I think atleast untill Summerslam, Punk should have been off WWE television and be doing things outside of the TV shows to continue the storyline. I guess we will have to wait and see next week to see where they go with this.

that was the greatest thing i had ever seen i couldn't wait for punk's return i could have waited another week or two just to build up even more but as soon as the cult of personality hit i was like this is punk and the music he is coming out to is perfect

smh...im not a regular wwe fan...i havent watched raw on a consistant basis since who knows when. Hadnt ordered a wwe ppv...one day outta boredom i flipped on raw..seemed like the same dull shit...then the punk angle started. Due to that, I was interested in the fued...even ordered mitb. a few good spots and cena vs punk was a 5 star match...no bullshit. This whole thing kept me tuning in...even now...but then they bring punk back..already...my interest dropped. with rumors going on and the rock confirming on twitter that he'll be at survivor series...i would've had continued at that time w rock walking down the ramp or something...distracting cena after a win...and having punk come out from behind cena for a gts

The Rock the special guest ref? Uhmm no. Rock vs Cena is set in stone for good. They could have waited a little longer but i dont think it matters. To me, it still has the same effect and Summerslam is one of the "big" ppvs. that is why punk came back tonight to bring more buys to the ppv. So it makes perfect sense from a buisness point of view. WWE is giving the best they know how creativley wise and i for one applaud them big time. If you continue to rant on EVERYTHING the company is doing then you probably should not be watching. I dont mean that toward people who disagree with just a few things WWE is doing but just the people who you just can seem to please.

Tonight i just fell like i was watching the vision of the "IWC" and at the same time the casual fan is just as excited. Excellent Move by WWE. Cant wait to see what happens next!!!

I disagree with most of the above posts. I think if anything should have been done differently in this storyline then the tournament shouldn't have been done all in two nights. Once the tournament was over of course it makes sense to have CM Punk come back that same night. Maybe you guys don't realize but, HE IS THE WWE CHAMPION. I like what someone said about Rey just being a transitional champ. That's exactly what happened. It would have made no sense for the show to end and there be a definite "replacement" champion.

To reiterate, I think the tournament itself was rushed, but I think CM Punk had to come back once there was a "new" champion. It goes along with his character.

This angle alone has made CM Punk my favoriate wrestle. Despite that I do believe the WWE dropped the ball and brought him back a couple weeks too early. A Mysterio/Cena rematch at Summerslam, or hell even throw Del Rio in there would have drawn pretty well. Then have Punk come back at Summerslam or the night after.

Back onto topic, I thought about making this a new thread but there are like 768 of them already so I didnt. I rewatched the final segment with Punk returning and I dont know if anyone else noticed this but Punks cheers were much higher then Cena's. And if you pay attention it looks to me as if Cena was either pissed off or suprised by this, or hell it could be typical Cena and nothing comes of it. The point I am trying to make is at this point I dont think they can turn Punk heel again, his ovations are amazing....even the kids aren't booing him. Is there a chance that Punk could turn Cena heel wheather the WWE wants him to yet or not. Cena was intimated by Punk putting the belt up higher then his and getting a much larger reaction. This may be wishful think but WWE might not have a choice, especially with the ROCK coming back.

so Punk returns was too soon, like someone said before, thought it was ROH guys. They didn't say anything so this doesn't mean he "signed"..the song could mean he is with ROH and starts his 3rd stable with the ROH peeps KOW, and Colt Cabana. Fights and defeats Cena at Summerslam in a winner take all match, John Cena wins Punk leaves WWE without championship, punk wins he takes title to ROH. Could help bring back the Vince McMahon character back cause HHH let this happen, thus starting a longer feud till survivor series where the rock gets involved. I do believe Cena gets the title back before mania and challeges Rock for the title and Punk takes on SCSA at mania, you could throw in a curveball and have Alberto Del Rio take the belt from Punk after summerslam and makes a interpromtional match for the Sept 17 ROH where punk wins it back. As for mysterio this is the 2nd tainted world title victory for Rey as he was MITBed from kane and now became a 1 hour champion from cena. His career is tuning down anyways just a shame both his matches took a lot out of him. just hope this storyline continues past SS, I have tickets to Raw the night after in San Diego...

I have been waiting for his return but the way the WWE did it was rushed. They now have 2 weeks to build up to the match where we are hoping that Cena loses and stops being SUPERCENA. Punks return was great, having his old ROH music but was rushed.

I reckon they have ruined what could have been one of the greatest storylines in WWE history here. CM Punk should've held out and kept his Indy appearances up, creating more and more buzz. Maybe rocking up to the odd WWE event without incident. Could have dragged this out for at least a month or two. Why is the WWE rushing both the CM Punk and Vince storylines?

Once Again WWE jumped the gun and ruined something that could have been great. He only missed one show.....Thats it. Is WWE really in that of a dire position? That you have one of the biggest storylines in recent memory that feels more edgy and more real then anything since....NEXUS got cena fired. And then he comes out with his ROH music. Now it does fit him damn perfect but they needed to have him come back with his "WWE" music because by the time he came out the moment had passed. Everyone was either confused (I.E. Cena) or just like can Punk just come out here all ready. It is the same thing they did when cena got fired. He came back too damn early and it ruined the Nexus. They should have waited until Summerslam for full impact. We know that the Rock will be there and you have Punk run in, hit a GTS on Rock and u start a feud with them. U get the Rock in "ring" shape for wrestlemania and u give Punk a chance to prove why he should be in the main event instead of the rock. But no. Instead now we have Punk back, beating up Cena (sidenote: Wats with the nexus now?) and thats about it. So now are there 3 titles? Hopefully there is a plan with all of this but as of this second....this storyline has Jumped the shark and they look to be circling back around to jump that fucker again

CM Punk coming back was dumb as hell. Cena winning the belt back, dumb as hell. I mean right there the WWE could of turned Cena heel & did something with this being a plan by Triple H all of the time, but no we get a rushed storyline. Once again the WWE is doing a great job of doing themselves damage. They are kind of doing what TNA has done before, hot shooting storylines instead of letting it play out. The only thing good about the Punk-Cena storyline was that either one or both would be gone from the WWE yet, neither left. What was the point? Thats my problem with WWE storylines now, they make no sense in the end.

Why have Ziggler be World Champion for 2 hours? You could of just let Edge have the reign we was having, there was no need for a change, not even for ratings. Why give Daniel Bryan the MITB when he is not that over? The same thing with Jack Swagger in 2010. The same with Christian-Orton on Smackdown, neither man is a ratings draw, so why keep pushing them?

WWE is in need of someone to push the panic button & find a real true star in the making now or it's going to be a boring product. The WWE can't keep telling us who will like & who will not like, it doesn't work like that. You got lucky with Batista, a little luck maybe none at all with Sheamus, but not coming through on a epic storyline with Cena-Punk is just stupid.

I understand kids & some grown men will cry without Cena, but come on, give us a break with the corny guy. I use to be a fan, but remember the great thing about Hogan was you never got too much hogan. I'm not looking forward to this storyline as the real points of the storyline have become wrestling fake. It's like the Hardy-Edge feud, somethings are better when you just don't rush it. As all it did was get Edge over & screw Hardy. I see the same thing happening to Punk. Cena makes him tap at SummerSlam, wow, thats great for Punk.

It shows WWE's lack of faith in both the Creative Dept. and the fans. IMO, they don't believe that Creative can keep the buzz going without having Punk on TV, so they pulled the trigger to bring him back.

And I think it shows that WWE doesn't believe the fans can 'buy' any story going forward with Punk not on TV. They don't trust the fans to play along.

I feel Punk should've been off tv for well over 2-3 months. Have Rey vs. Cena at Summerslam. Or if they had plans for Cena/Del Rio previously, Rey could've dropped it to a MITB cash-in. Then Cena/Del Rio goes off like planned.

Go into Night of Champions with a Triple Threat (Cena-champ/Rey/Del Rio), Hell in a Cell (Cena/Del Rio- with ADR winning by crook).

Then when Vengence comes around have Cena reclaim it with CM Punk returning at the end of the show, leading up to Survivor Series.

Let Cena win at S.Series with Rock attacking him at the end and you go into WMainia season with the Rock/Cena storyline.

As for Punk, they could've had him appear at other indy shows, invade media like he has done this past week for about the next month. Then have him state he's waiting out his non-compete clause and plans on making an impact after. (Don't have to tease TNA, but something similar would work also) Then he goes on vacation until Vengence....voila.

But instead we have ADHDWWE where 'fired' means never off tv, and 'gone for good, making ALL future champions irrelevant' (his words) means back on tv one week later to 'challenge' for the title he owns. (this only leads to Cena/Punk SSlam). And making the impact of Cena losing the title less.

Basically your $40-$50 dollar PPV purchase was made irrelevant BEFORE you got your cable bill.

i think the storyline is great. i hope punk unifies the belts at summer slam. i would have preferred a punk hiatus for awhile longer to add to the mystery but it is what it is. btw did everyone notice how much louder punks pop was when he held up the belt?

I reckon they have ruined what could have been one of the greatest storylines in WWE history here. CM Punk should've held out and kept his Indy appearances up, creating more and more buzz. Maybe rocking up to the odd WWE event without incident. Could have dragged this out for at least a month or two. Why is the WWE rushing both the CM Punk and Vince storylines?

Honestly, I think that's the dilemma for the WWE right now.
I don't know where this is going, and perhaps the long terms plans aren't bad, but they've already taken some of the massive implications that the MITB ppv was supposed to provide and snuffed them out.

For example, "Cena being fired" should have been a huge deal and could've played into a greater storyline of the company being thrown into a crisis because of Punk.
They already feigned the possibility with the Nexus angle, but coming through with it for at least a month or two would have built some good drama for everyone skeptical that the WWE would keep their cash cow away.

They exchanged that part of the angle for Vince's departure, which will only seem like a big deal if HHH's on-screen character is radically different from Vince in decision-making ( time will tell I guess).

But they really could have built the Punk angle by having him do other random public appearances and talk shows, doing some more worked shoots and trolling Cena for being a paper champion and mocking HHH some more.

I really think the WWE was caught off guard by how much buzz Punk generated lately. They probably planned to have him off the show for a while, but didn't want to take the chance of the angle getting cold.
More than anything, I think they saw the positive mainstream response Punk was getting ( which has been sparse this past decade) and just didn't want to chance keeping him off of tv.

What they forgot is that they could have been using other platforms to keep him involved.
Why not have him get into worked shoot Twitter War with Cena or The Miz? Or have him go on a talk show and blast HHH or whoever else he wants?
Why not have him make a viral video mocking the WWE for trying to crown a paper champion? He could have gone to another indy event and made a speech about how he respects the "real wrestlers" here and not the "corporate phonies" like Cena or Orton he's had to deal with for the last 5 years.

I admit I was happy to see Punk and hear "Cult of Personality" but now, it feels like he has to go over at whatever match him and Cena eventually have to unite those titles, or he'll lose alot of the momentum he's gained.
Not to mention they're going to have to sell the idea of Punk coming back so quickly after a big deal was made of him leaving with the title.

Basically this is Punk's shot to really hit the next level and I hope the WWE didn't just screw up and hotshot it. And if it seems like I'm being a buzzkill, it's only because Punk is great and deserves this push, but my faith in the WWE creative isn't exactly infinite. :cool:

Once Again WWE jumped the gun and ruined something that could have been great. He only missed one show.....Thats it. Is WWE really in that of a dire position? That you have one of the biggest storylines in recent memory that feels more edgy and more real then anything since....NEXUS got cena fired. And then he comes out with his ROH music. Now it does fit him damn perfect but they needed to have him come back with his "WWE" music because by the time he came out the moment had passed. Everyone was either confused (I.E. Cena) or just like can Punk just come out here all ready. It is the same thing they did when cena got fired. He came back too damn early and it ruined the Nexus. They should have waited until Summerslam for full impact. We know that the Rock will be there and you have Punk run in, hit a GTS on Rock and u start a feud with them. U get the Rock in "ring" shape for wrestlemania and u give Punk a chance to prove why he should be in the main event instead of the rock. But no. Instead now we have Punk back, beating up Cena (sidenote: Wats with the nexus now?) and thats about it. So now are there 3 titles? Hopefully there is a plan with all of this but as of this second....this storyline has Jumped the shark and they look to be circling back around to jump that fucker again

First things first, Rock is NOT going to be at Summerslam and will not back at any capacity until Survivor Series like he and Cena have both said. Second, how much fucking sense would it make for Rock to have any match or fued except for Cena, as it akes away from the fact that Rock's first, last, and only match back will be with the top babyface John Cena at Wrestle Fucking Mania in his home town of Miami.

Second, you really want WWE to wait until Summerslam, their second biggest PPV of the year for Punk to just walk out and end it? That would be like fucking WrestleMania this year, don't just use biggest shows to set up for future, do them NOW and make it seem the biggest and best it can be(which is what shows like Summerslam and WrestleMania should be). Have it be Cena vs Punk for both belts at Summerslam to determine The Undisputed WWE Champion instead of at a fucking lesser PPV like Night of Champions or something.

This has not been rushed AT ALL.

All of you are crying about Punk coming back to early and they could have built up this story over longer period of time. While these points are true to an extent, what you ppl have to realize is 1. Punk is the HOTTEST talent WWE has had in years I mean listen to the ppl in arena I haven't heard passionate chants like that for a full time wrestler since the "Attitude Era". I makes NO SENSE @ this point w/ there being only 2 legitimate stars to leave this guy off of TV. 2. SummerSlam is WWE's #2 ppv. Why in the HELL would they leave their most interesting, compelling, and entertaining character OFF THIS SHOW?? 3. Punk and Cena just came of an instant classic and having their rematch @ SummerSlam is guaranteed money!! This right here is gonna be the biggest title match @ SummerSlam since Orton/Cena '07 and don't act like all of you weren't excited about those 2 in a match back then. Quite frankly I'm looking forward to a lengthy feud between Cena and Punk. I think they've FINALLY found the right combination of WRESTLERS to make things a lil more exciting. 4. Last but not least its just damn good business to have this guy back because he was NEVER LEAVING! And oh yeah, pencil Punk vs. HHH @ WM28 because that's gonna be the new boss/rebel feud.

Wait, wait, wait...I keep hearing "they brought Punk back to soon" and "They ruined the story". But here's the thing: how can you say they ruined the angle IF YOU DON'T KNOW THE ENDGAME! I'm a writer myself, and if someone told me I ruined the story halfway through so they decided not to finish it, I'd snatch the script out of their hands and tell them thanks but no thanks for the input. You can't judge a story halfway through, because you don't know where they're going with it. Maybe the WWE has ruined it, or maybe they haven't...but our jobs as fans is to sit back and enjoy the ride, or say "no thanks" and change the channel, not play backseat writers/bookers. When Christian lost the WHC on SD! a couple days after he won it, what happened? Complete IWC bitchfest. What happened a couple months later? A heel Christian (which imo is more fun then a face Christian) is again...wait for it...World Heavyweight Champ. All that complaining for nothing. My advice is for most of you take your own advice regarding WWE and Punk: relax and don't rush into anything (especially judgement).

I'm always happy to see Punk around and in the main event scene. I do think though that this quick return makes his character look like a bit of an idiot, because if he just showed up last week then he would be the undisputed champion. Instead he missed one show and now there are two champs. Was it really worth it? To be the lone nomadic champ for 2 weeks? If this leads to a unification match right away at the PPV it would make Punk look kind of silly, barring some epic swerve at Summer Slam where Punk debuts a new faction or some other crazy stuff goes down. I just hope that any crazy stuff that goes down at the PPV doesn't involve HHH screwing Cena over and forming an evil alliance with Punk where the plan all along was to use Punk's loose mouth to drive Vince out of the company so HHH could take over with his handpicked champ. In other words, this better not end up bringing the main focus away from Punk and on to the doofus HHH.

Seeing how over Punk is though, I would love for this to turn into a Cena heel turn at Summer Slam. Then have heel Cena run through at least Wrestlemania. But if Cena wins the (assumed) match at Summer Slam in typical Hulk Cena fasion, and goes right back to doing the same old stuff for the next rest of the year while sitting on the title waiting for the big match with The Rock next year, I'm going to be bored.

But CM Punk in the main event scene, that's not boring at all. Let's hope they feel the same way.

I think its been a great storyline. Cena vs Punk at SS to see who the real champion is should be huge. I'm looking forward to it.

If you really wanted Punk to continue the "anti wwe" angle. It does take a little bit of a hit. He's been rambling on and on about how he hates the wwe and wants to leave. Now he comes back 2 weeks later. :lmao:

uuuf i think they blew something great....the storyline was great,but now it ended way to soon.Punk should have been out of Monday Night Raw for at least a fiew months and make it like they did on comic con...outside WWE.I really think they blew it..

The one thing I'm not really noticing a lot here is the question that maybe Punk is still leaving?

Jeff Hardy signed an extension right before he left, received a title run, and then left after losing the belt to Punk and losing a "Title vs Career" match on Smackdown before leaving.

What's the chances that Punk signed a second extension of his contract to get him to say, Summerslam where he faces John Cena in a championship match, and either a) drops the belt to Cena and drops off the face of the earth or b) Defeats Cena after interference from the Rock, but gets cashed in on by Del Rio, and drops off the face of the earth?

I think it's still a bit premature to begin speculation on ROH invasions and rushed returns and the like. Punk still may be on his way out...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back