• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

*OFFICAL EXCLUSIVE*: Top WWE Star Considering Retirement; Details

i believe its edge, its not the undertaker, as wz has said this is part of undertakers retirement tour. everyone knows he is going to retire. its not matt hardy. (btw i think he last video was kinda disturbing anyone else agree?) i read/heard somewhere, edge was considering retiring in 2 3 years, i wouldnt be surprise if he does retire in a year or so.

I very much doubt it's Kane. On one of his recient politics interviews when asked when he's given up the wrestling, he said not yet,he's got a few more years left in him yet.

My guess is taker, outside the ring he runs both a resturant and is into real estate.

This site is so fucking ridiculous with its "Exclusive Reports", They reported Undertaker vs Sheamus for mania 27 and said it was "Exclusive" when I read that story on another site two weeks before. If you have the name than just fucking release it. Don't say out of respect for the star we will keep their name secret and then say we'll keep updating you on this story. It's obviously Edge or Undertaker.

For one I think people are all jumping to the wrong conclussions.

1. Undertaker retiring isn't big news, HBK retired this year and Taker is the last of the early 90s stars left, and all the talk and buzz lately it's not that huge of deal to "hide" who it is for the time being.

2. Matt Hardy isn't exactly a top WWE star, he's a fall to guy to put people over.

3. Edge retiring? didn't he do an interview a few month ago and state he's got 2 good years left then he'd evaluate his situation.

4. Rey retiring isn't a huge deal, he's injured more then he wrestles it seems so if it's him I don't see the big deal around it.

5 HHH, I thought possibly him, he put someone over in a huge way on his way out and what else is there for him? but he'll never quit wrestling.

6. Kane, he's been around since forever and he'd never jump to TNA he's probably saved up nicely and is going out on a huge program with his brother, then again I read Kane state he's got a few years left before he's retiring.

My opinion is I think it's someone new or who's only been in WWE for a few years enough time to make some money for his future, I'm a little interested to see who it is thats being pegged to retire.

I wouldn't be shocked to see someone like Orton retire... his performance last night was pretty much phoned in... he has a young daughter that he can be spending time with rather than being the 2nd coming of Austin... He's seen guys come in quicker, pushed harder than he was and he has had several run ins with the office in the past...

Taker isn't news if he is hanging it up, neither is Edge or Rey... This sounds like someone we would not be expecting. Cena, possibly but not without a clause that guarantees appearances. Vince is not that stupid as to do it twice.

Show...meh... maybe he has a TV show lined up... The other candidate might be... Jack Swagger... the guy has been a World champion, seen his career stall and might have realised that thats the best he is going to get out of the biz. He's got a finance career and quit a job to join WWE on his first day. He might use the money he has earned to "get out" rather than risk his health for more glory that probably won't come...

It says the person has a lot of other options out side of wrestling. To me that means someone in their mid 30's and who can be in movies and such and still have a career outside of WWE. Undertaker, Matt Hardy, and Rey Mystiero don't fit that bill. It is not Chris Jericho. To me there is only one guy who it could be and that is Edge. He just fits the mold from the report.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

It can still be referring to the Undertaker. I read that Taker has invested in some properties, so that could be the career outside of wrestling that is being talked about.

I think it's Undertaker he'll probably announce retirment now and retire in Wrestlemania... obv... =D but I want him to go 20-0 at Wrestlemania... not 19-0.

It may be HHH retiring from wrestling and becoming GM which would be fun to watch lol. *he's kinda already retired so maybe they will announce it on a RAW*

It could possibly be Rey but I'm pretty sure they might want to keep him for promotions etc.

I dont understand why Matt is being listed. Its been posted that he wants to start his old wrestling promotion back up or maybe open a wrestling school and this thing said from wrestling all together unless i read wrong.Besides im sure we could almost guarentee that if Matt leaves hell at least have a stint in TNA.

I think it could be someone completely unexpected. I mean if it was really one of those guys nearing the end of their career (Kane,Taker,Rey or Show even) why hide it.The E likely already has some idea.I think it could quite possibly be one of the younger up and comers considering getting out of the business.That's the only reason i would see them not give the name.

Perhaps someone like Miz or Morrison.Sure it might seem highly unlikely but who is to say what these guys(them two or any of the other younger guys for that matter) are thinking being on the road all the time and having very little time to do anything but travel.We can all speculate all we want until it happens.If enough people guess then sooner or later someone has to get it right :)

I think everyone knows the Taker situation.It was reported shortly after last years Wrestlemania that this one might be his last one so i dont think its him.Im almost certain its not Hardy because with his little internet thing hes got going on he just looks like hes trying to draw interest from other companies(RoH,Tna)

Will be interesting to see just who it is.I would personally laugh my ass of if it turns out to be Cena.This is probably the most unlikely of any but boy oh boy would it be funny.Imagine the irony if he left the WWE to go into acting after calling the Rock out for doing that very same thing.Just my two pennies.

I'm guessing this is Kane. He is becoming more and more interested in the political arena, has been handed the title perhaps as one last big run with the company, and if it is him it could also lead to a pretty spectacular double retirement match at wrestlemania with the undertaker.

Very intrigued to see how this one story unfolds though.

I think its Edge.

He has already said in the past that he hasnt got long left, and with the number of serious injuries he has suffered, I could see him calling it a day very soon. Edge has lost the physique he had in earlier years, and has ages dramatically over the last year or two. Maybe the travel schedule and injuries have caught up with him.

I thought about this at length - first off, Kane is not retiring until at least WM27. Glen, to my understanding, wants to job to Mark at WM27. Probably, as I have been saying elsewhere, a Retirement Match (a la Savage vs. Warrior). Most "retirements" are a minimum of one year.

I don't think Glen fits this WZ announcement.

The two real options left are: The Undertaker and John Cena

Mark makes a lot of sense - he's near 50 - my guess he's not happy with his in-ring work as of late - he really works hard outside the ring, but he can't do it forever. If I didn't know a bit about the other guy privately already, I'd say it would be him.

I'm going to go with John Cena. Why? First and foremost - he got married recently. He takes family very seriously - I'd say even more serious than HHH does. That's saying something. I don't think he can handle the burden and the schedule in the future with young kids at home. A lot of guys in a travel job can't.

Second - aside from his honeymoon, this guy has been a workaholic company soldier - and I say soldier because the schedule is absolutely grueling on him. I have friends who know his wife casually and she's let it slip that he's been burned out for a few years now. His wife has said that in essence, he's getting as much money as he can while he can do it.

I have little birdies who have told me Dwayne Johnson and Chris Jericho have been influential in helping John really look closely at opportunities outside wrestling - saving his health and still making some good money - John was very hard headed and was a wrestling nut and had planned to be a 'lifer', but nagging injuries, his new marriage, entering his mid-30s, and some critical success, if not financial in films - all are playing a role in this consideration. My birdies also say Cena is 50/50 on this decision and if he goes, it wouldn't be until after WM27 at the very earliest. My birdies are telling me Cena is giving strong consideration to following Johnson's path. I certainly don't recommend it - Johnson is a once in a generation exception to the WWE rule: no marketing and public eye - no success.

We shall see - I heard what WZ is reporting about Cena from my birdies a week ago. Like most here, if true I have explained why - but frankly - I think my birdies - company employees - are full of it. Even if true, this dude is not leaving his cash cow. I wouldn't unless I was permanently injured.

It's not the Undertaker, there's a video of a fan meeting the Undertaker and he asks him is he retiring soon. He says "in the next 10 years, yes, but i'm not planning to do so any time soon".

I think it will either be Edge, he's in a stupid storyline and could probably go into making movies or appearing in television. Or Triple H, earlier this year there was a report that said both his quads were hurting him and he can't really take a chance on getting back in the ring and tearing one of his quads again and potentially not being able to walk un-aided or not at all.

My guess would be Kane. He's been around for a long time now and has really achieved all that he could have possibly hoped to have do ne and then some. He is being rewarded with an extended run as WHC in his swan song, which will end with him being put out of the business by his "brother" and long time rival, the Undertaker. Paul Bearer can finally be put out to pasture at the same time.

Kane has discussed political aspirations in the past. He seems like a pretty smart dude who could definitely move into the next phase of his life/career outside of the professional wrestling business. He'd never jump ship to TNA, why would he? He seems to fit the bill on all accounts according to that in-depth detailed report on the wrestlezone main page.

See... I'm not so sure it's an older guy. If it was, would there be such a big deal made of it? So with that in mind, I'm thinking it's a younger superstar. This is purely a wild guess here, but I'm gonna say Ted Dibiase. I think it's possible he may want to pursue other things, like films and stuff. He just doesn't seem too interested frankly. Just my thought as I don't see it being an older guy given the effort to keep this superstar's name confidential. This hasn't been the case with Taker retirement rumours, or the Hardy situation or Jericho speculation.

In reality its going to be a younger guy... Someone who hasn't quite made it or has done all the E will let him and has an equally good career waiting or a vet who has something to go to.

Top 10 Contenders

1: Swagger - as mentioned above could easily return to the finance arena and parlay his WWE success into a lucrative endorsement/business networking business.
2: DiBiase - Was in that Warehouse show and has a movie credit, could easily move into a regular TV show.
3: R-Truth - Has probably reached his peak and made some good money between WWE and TNA, all he really does its yell "What's Up" and he could easily see its time to move on and again, could be a potential TV action show regular.
4: Christian - I doubt he will want to hang it up without one more good heel run but perhaps Edge's injury spooked him enough to want to let it drop.
5: The Miz - Perhaps he knows he is not going to get the title run and would rather branch out into some other avenue of broadcasting, I could easily see him with his own reality show and a talk show down the line.
6: John Morrison - Perhaps all the Parkour stuff is a way of advertising himself for TV shows and movies...
7: David Hart Smith - Perhaps has realised he doens't want to be in the biz that killed his dad.
8: CM Punk - Perhaps he had decided he has acheived all he can in the business and is looking at becoming a "straight edge" ambassador or something similar.
9: Mark Henry - Has decided to hang it up as he has not had his shot at the brass ring and can use his "strong man" identity for other avenues.
10: Goldust - Has perhaps decided one more feud with his brother (teased last night in the dark match) and then leaving the business while he is considered by many at his peak. It might also explain him being the "instigator" of the Locker Room run in on Nexus...

To me it is either Edge, Matt Hardy or Rey Mysterio. Edge is currently being lost in the shuffle on Raw and has noticibly gained a few pounds. Also all the wear and tear during his younger years has to be catching up with him. Also, lately, it seems he has lost his passion to wrestle, perhaps burnt out?

Matt Hardy is pretty much the same but I do not think he would be retiring from wrestling. I base this on his youtube videos where he has stated that he wants his release in hopes of reviving OMEGA in hopes of competing with WWE and TNA to form a better program. I honestly think this is dumb, but this is what he has stated in his videos he wants to do.

And Rey has been complaining so much, in fact that is the reason he got both the IC and World title this year and last year. Plus all his recent and nagging knee injuries have to lead me to believe he won't be going much longer.

Well those are my picks but honestly the only one I would care about is if Edge was the one considering retirement.

Taker's going to at least this wrestlemania,matt hardy isnt a big star,HHH is probably going to stick around until he beats ric flair's world title record,kane's going to be around for the feud with taker,the obvious choice would have been jericho,but the report denies this.It's a TOP wrestler thats been really marketed well by the wwe and has probably done interviews on shows and since WZ is concealing the identity out of respect and i think i may go with john cena.it makes sense,hes a top wrestler who has been exposed a lot in mainstream entertainment,and he seems like he could have a lot of commercial crossover success if he leaves,BUT doesnt he have a huge contract that he signed a while ago,and an extension that he signed even more recently?:icon_neutral:

Well, it's not Matt Hardy, the key word was "Top" WWE star lol. I assume it's probably undertaker or Rey Mysterio. Undertaker can't do this forever, and 20-0 seems like a good record to stop at. Rey Mysterio would be the pther logical choice because he's always injured or taking "vacation" with a title reign in between. I could care less cuz i dont like him anyway but those 2 make the most sense to me.

my money is on The Undertaker everybody knows when Paul Bearer came back it was suppose to be the last stretch of Undertaker's career

Well if this person is going to "quit the wrestling business altogether", then its obviously not Triple H. He will most likely be involved with the WWE in some capacity for the rest of his life.

Jericho fits this profile the most, but since it's apparently not him, my best guesses are Kane and Big Show. They seem to be near the end of their careers with the most to do outside of wrestling.

Ok so am I the only one who see's a problem with the fact that Wrestlezone, the site that loves to drop names and extremely quick as well, is not releasing the name of this superstar out of respect. I mean they show no respect for Taker by giving away potential details of his retirement angle if its true. But yet they wont give the name out of someone who is "considering" retirement to pursue other avenues. Sounds kind of like its coming out of left field to me. I want more information and definently a name before I see this as being real and legit. If it is my top 3 choices are:

Edge- Has been around since the attitude era and done it all in the business. Adam Copeland is still young enough to get into acting, and as we've seen he can do comedy very well. Definently do not see him in TNA.

Kane- He has been very well known in the political area for quite some time as he has been doing appearances on Fox News for the last 2 or 3 years. Imagine this: Glen Jacobs Live! Larry King can eat it.

Rey Mysterio- Dont know exactly what little Oscar Guttierez can do away from the WWE buthe has reached his limit in the ring. Would be a good time to end, and could then be inducted into the Hall of Fame in March in Atlanta. He was a staple in WCW for a long time. Something I could see as a farewell to wrestling from Rey.

But like I said, it still sounds suspicious that there wasnt a name mentioned "out of respect". Because we all know Wrestlezone has never been the one to hold back with names and situations.

Maybe CM Punk is considering retirement. He is a top star. I'm not sure what his outside interests would be. But the way Punk has been used lately, he looks like someone who is closer to leaving WWE than a guy who is on the rise.

If CM Punk decided to go into acting, he would probably be quite sucessful.

It's hard to say who is going to retire and who is not. The article stated that this person has multiple outlets outside the wrestling world and would quit the business altogether. To me, quitting the business altogether would mean that they never want to return or have any association with wrestling at all, no WWE related appearances, no farewell tours, no one last WM match, no HOF acceptance, no nothing... just up and leave the business behind.

I can see Kane leaving for politcal aspirations, i.e Jesse Ventura. Glenn Jacobs is a crazy-smart guy and is quite fluent in the politcal world, as seen by his appearances on Fox News and such. I can see Jacobs as a mayor, governor, senator, or whatever it is he may want to be. For that reason alone, one would have to leave the the wrestling world behind. Good possibility, probable, but not likely, but maybe likely. lol.

I can see Undertaker retiring, injuries have taken their toll on him, but I can't see that he has an expiring contract coming up (maybe expiring as far as an in-ring talent sure). But I can't see him giving the business up for good, Taker has options outside wrestling industry, but I couldn't imagine that it would be anything that would make him give up the business for good. Walking away into retirement I'll give you, but not giving it up forever.

I believe it could be Edge, the achilles tendon injury is a very significant injury that puts alot of athletes on the shelf permanently. Don't get me wrong, Edge could quite possibly have 2 more good years left in him, but at this point he appears to be more out of shape and he limps around quite often. Injuries piled on him as well over the years. Even if he was to retire, I don't see him giving up the business for good, never to return.

I can see HHH retiring from in-ring action, but from the way the article is worded, there is NO way he is walking away from the business altogether. He just got a comfy desk chair, ergonomic and all. He is getting older and the quads just don't hold up like they used too. He is in this business for the rest of his life.

It's not "Matthew" Hardy. He is not retiring, as he would surely jump to TNA for the money and lighter schedule. The only outside avenue I can see his crazy ass in right now is a grape-eating contest or something.

I know they are not considered a "Top WWE Star", but could it be a William Regal type, maybe a Great Khali? Both are up there in age and injuries definitely haunt both competitors (esp. Khali). What about Mysterio, Goldust, Finlay, Mark Henry???? Who knows what any of these people have going on in the outside world that could influence them to step away for good, who are we to judge what is good for them and what is not?

I honestly think that wrestlezone.com has NO CLUE who is retiring.....the reason being said....is because out of respect for the wwe superstar.......well what about respect for the wwe superstars who's gimmicks you spoil? there's no respect there guys.....so if you know who it is retiring.....just fucking tell us.......

and if you aint down with that..........i got two words for ya!!!

John Cena.....he has been in movies, and just like the Rock he is gonna run for the hills b4 his body gives up on him........John Cena joining Nexus could be like the Rock's heel turn at the end of his career.......and just like the Rock.......Cena will make appearance's here or there

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back