NXT: How would you take the brand to the next level?

Psykohurricane55

Staff member
The one argument that comes up when talking about HHH is how is vision of WWE is better then Vince and how when Vince is finally going to retire and leave the company to HHH and Stephanie that it will be better booked. But the reality of the thing is that if you look at the History of WWE, HHH is just taking some old idea that Vince implemented in the 80's and is redoing them in today'S environment

Before i get to how the Booking of NXT is similar to the way vince booked the WWF at the time, let just look at the NXT concept as a whole. It's pretty much what Vince was doing With ECW 10 years ago. Vince's vision for ECW in 2008 was to give a chance to some of the FCW guys to get exposure on mainstream TV, so they would focus more on the younger guys while having a couple of veteran to work with them. Fast forward to today and that's pretty much what NXT is, So the concept is not a new one, it'S just been put in a better package.

As for the booking of NXT, same thing as what Vince was doing in the early days of WWE, Sign all the big stars for other territories, have the focus on them and build a story that goes from one PPV to another will having a minimum number of tv times to do it. Back in the Day, Had only 2 hours in syndication and Prime time wrestling to build storyline, he would use the saturday night's main event special as well when he needed a outlet for a major moment in the story he was telling. Best example of this is the whole hogan/savage feud. The way they went From the andre/hogan feud to hogan/dibiase to savage/dibiase to hogan savage and then to hogan/Zeus was flawless. The story was told over a year and they use the ppv's and special for the transitions into the next chapter of each feud. Same goes in NXT now, They only have a hour a week and sadly, it's devoted mostly to the indy guys that are part of the main angles on Takeover. But it the easy thing of use a negative and turning it into a positive, by having not a lot of programming time to advance story lines, they have to be more creative to get the story across. That's not a new way of thinking, Vince did it before him and anybody that had a pro wrestling show before that was doing the same thing. So in a way, HHH is pretty much doing the same thing that vince did before him.

Has far as what i would do to make the Brand bigger, First of all, i really hope that they get a TV deal out of the whole Smackdown/fox deal, because as popular as the brand is, right now, it's only a small portion of the WWE audience that is watching the show on the Network as not everybody especially casual fans will go a seek out this show on the network, So a time slot on a cable network would help get the product more exposure. I really would consider giving them a second hour just to help some of the home grown talent get some exposure as well and not having the brand being just about the indy guys.

Also, the next thing would be to make this Show a actual third on the level of Raw and Smackdown and pay the feature performers as WWE performers not NXT guys. The only way you could get Called up from NXT is through the superstar shake up that they are doing after mania. I wouldn't put them on the main roster PPV outside of the big four show and i would do the Takeover special as well during thoses big weekend.

NXT isn't a new concept that HHH invented and HHH isn't better then Vince because technically HHH's vision is pretty much the same vision that Vince had before him that HHH'S is using now with NXT. The future is bright with NXT and the quicker that are able to get more exposure and step away from what it was originally attended to be and become what HHH seem to want out of this and that's being NXT as a thrid brand on the level of Raw and Smackdown, the better it will be for everybody.

I would have NXT as the second WWE brand.

The brand extension would be scrapped and have a main WWE roster that appear on both Raw and Smackdown with one set of titles. I would trim the fat from the main roster too and send them to NXT.

NXT would then be 2 hours, live every Wednesday with a PPV every month as well on a Saturday. It would have tv deals worldwide and in time come from bigger arenas if needed. The PPV's would come from normal size arenas every month.

There would be minimal to no cross over between NXT and WWE, and rather than being called up from NXT, there would be a draft every year, now obviously none of the big stars would move from the WWE roster but mid to lower card guys/girls could and would.

Thoughts?

1) First of all I would have 2 Superstar Shakeups Every year. The Monday and Tuesday after Mania and the Monday and Tuesday after Summerslam. These are the 2 biggest PPV's so you need to basically start new feuds and storylines after these 2 events to keep the product continuously fresh. Switch out 3 singles men, 2 singles women, and 2 tag teams each time. Don't need a ton of movement just enough for some change.
2) I would hire Edge/Christian to be the new Co-GM's of Raw. You need some comic relief here and these 2 would bring it in great fashion each and every week. For Smackdown I would move Paige back to a managerial role (maybe as a heel manager for a heel Asuka). Then for Smackdown Live you have Hulk Hogan become the new GM of Smackdown. They need some name recognition to push this show to a higher level when it goes to Fox.
3) Make Brock Lesnar a special feature not a champion. His extended runs as Universal Champion are hurting the product. Raw without a Heavyweight Champion on the weekly show has clearly hurt things.
4) Have Bray Wyatt return more in a managerial role with a re-formed Wyatt Family (Wyatt, Bo Dallas, Stroman, Rowan, & Harper). This heel faction could be devastating on Raw and also the reason Stroman takes the belt from Lesnar at the next PPV after Survivor Series.
5) Give Finn Balor a main event push. He gets a huge reaction just like Daniel Bryan did back in the day so make your fans happy and give him a Title Run. I think I would have him win the Rumble this year and then challenge Styles at Mania. Have him win the World Heavyweight Title and then send Styles to Raw on the Shakeup. Balor needs a Title Run and Styles needs a change. He's dominated Smackdown for years now let him do the same on Monday Nights to help Raw.
6) My Wrestlemania Card this year
The Rock vs. Brock Lesnar
The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels
Braun Stroman vs. Seth Rollins (Universal Title)
AJ Styles vs. Finn Balor (World Heavyweight Title)
Rhonda Rousey vs. Charlotte Flair (Raw Women's Title)
Becky Lynch vs. Asuka (Smackdown Women's Title)
Sasha Banks vs. Bailey (Grudge Match)
Drew McIntyre vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Dolph Ziggler (Triple Threat I-C Title)
Daniel Bryan & John Cena vs. Shane McMahon & The Miz
Shinske Nakamura vs. Samoa Joe (US Title)
Authors of Pain vs. Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn (Raw Tag Titles)
The Bar vs. New Day (Smackdown Tag Titles)
Bobby Lashley vs. Rusev (Cross Branded Match)
Randy Orton vs. Rey Mysterio Jr (Opening Match)

I have no idea why anyone would want to take NXT to the next level. There is too much WWE as it is. If it were to go to the "next level" then I say it replaces one of the shows that already exist. Maybe when Vince dies he can have it in his "will" that Raw dies with him and it is time to start over. Then different interests and factions can fight for control with NXT (HHH's faction) ultimately getting the spot as the main brand.

Another idea, although some may not consider this next level, is for WWE to feature more NXT on Raw and SD similar to how they kicked off the Cruiserweights. This may get more eyes to the product.

But really why change things? A lot of WWE's more cynical, outspoken, audience likes NXT how it is. Is there really more money to make without hurting the company's overall bottom line by continuing to oversaturate an already oversaturated market?

I thought all that about NXT's booking went without saying.

It is completely unburdened by Raw and Smackdown and that's what's so cool about it. There are no angles involving Stephanie chewing out the best talent on the roster. There are no authority figures pushing 50 winning Best in the World tournaments. It is almost completely devoid of silly self-serving bullshit. Trips doesn't even get involved in the ring! In other words, this is something hardcore fans are already watching.

I don't see much of a point really to change anything they're doing. It'd be nice to see NXT as a standalone wrestling program on some other channel but I'd rather they cut Raw back an hour or do something a bit more interesting with it and Smackdown than to push NXT up and show the public how much better it is than their flagship programs.

It'd be nice to see NXT as a standalone wrestling program on some other channel but I'd rather they cut Raw back an hour or do something a bit more interesting with it and Smackdown than to push NXT up and show the public how much better it is than their flagship programs.

NXT has consistently been better than the main roster product, in my opinion, for years now and a huge reason a lot of fans get nervous at the prospect of NXT getting its own regular TV deal on a network is due to the very, very real possibility of Vince McMahon stepping in and assuming direct control over it the way he does with everything else concerning the main roster. It's possible I'm not giving Vince enough credit here, but it's hard when you just look at his style of doing things and how different it is from Triple H's. In NXT, there's no goofy sports entertainment nonsense, there are no dance offs, wrestlers don't start dancing in the middle of matches, the commentators aren't fed line after line through their headphones as they are on the main roster, they don't cut lame jokes, the wrestlers are actually allowed to use their own words during promos, there's no pointless filler, they don't try to cram 3 or 4 different programs into one 20+ minute promo segment. you don't see Triple H or William Regal all over the show and Triple H genuinely pays attention to who and what the fans themselves are responding to rather than trying to force feed them his own version of what he wants reality to be so hard that they choke on it.

I just think Vince's ego is far too big to allow the main roster to be outshined by anything else under his control. Instead of embracing the things that make NXT different, I just feel that he'd do whatever he possibly could to ultimately make NXT into just another WWE style TV show with things being done his way. A reasonable person would embrace success and what's working but Vince, at times, isn't reasonable; allegedly, he basically dictates to WWE creative what he wants to have happen on Raw and SmackDown, something most of us have been saying for years, and I see no reason to believe he wouldn't bigfoot all over NXT if it landed its own traditional TV deal.

NXT has consistently been better than the main roster product, in my opinion, for years now and a huge reason a lot of fans get nervous at the prospect of NXT getting its own regular TV deal on a network is due to the very, very real possibility of Vince McMahon stepping in and assuming direct control over it the way he does with everything else concerning the main roster. It's possible I'm not giving Vince enough credit here, but it's hard when you just look at his style of doing things and how different it is from Triple H's. In NXT, there's no goofy sports entertainment nonsense, there are no dance offs, wrestlers don't start dancing in the middle of matches, the commentators aren't fed line after line through their headphones as they are on the main roster, they don't cut lame jokes, the wrestlers are actually allowed to use their own words during promos, there's no pointless filler, they don't try to cram 3 or 4 different programs into one 20+ minute promo segment. you don't see Triple H or William Regal all over the show and Triple H genuinely pays attention to who and what the fans themselves are responding to rather than trying to force feed them his own version of what he wants reality to be so hard that they choke on it.

I just think Vince's ego is far too big to allow the main roster to be outshined by anything else under his control. Instead of embracing the things that make NXT different, I just feel that he'd do whatever he possibly could to ultimately make NXT into just another WWE style TV show with things being done his way. A reasonable person would embrace success and what's working but Vince, at times, isn't reasonable; allegedly, he basically dictates to WWE creative what he wants to have happen on Raw and SmackDown, something most of us have been saying for years, and I see no reason to believe he wouldn't bigfoot all over NXT if it landed its own traditional TV deal.

While i agree with you about the NXT product, i have to disagree with you on one point. That how different HHH and Vince are about booking. If NXT was 2 or 3 hour long like Raw and Smackdown are, HHH's would book the show the same way that Vince does. The reason i say that is simple, HHH's is already booking NXt the way Vince use to do it when NXT was called ECW. I could even say that the style of booking that HHH uses is similar to how Vince was booking during the golden era of WWE. Some of the gimmicks on NXT are very sports entertainment related. A gimmick like Velveteen Dream would have be a superstars in the 80's with the gimmick is doing mostly because it's really 80's inspired. Same goes for War raiders and some of the alumnies of NXT like Tyler Breeze and the ascension.

I feel fans of NXT just want to believe that HHH is this savior that is booking a better product but in the end, that's just a smoke screen because he's just doing what vince would do if he had the limited tv time that NXT as. For god sake Mauro ranallo is pretty much the perfect example of a 80's WWE play by play guy. The reason most of the NXT alum don't make it big on the main roster as nothing to do with creative or Vince not knowing what to do with them, it's all on how they prepare them for the main roster. NXT is a great product for those that like it, i'm not a fan of it but that's my choice, But with the way they are booking things, they are better off just turning this into a third mainstream brand and keep those guy in NXT instead of pretending that they are a developmental system, when in fact they really aren't anymore.

While i agree with you about the NXT product, i have to disagree with you on one point. That how different HHH and Vince are about booking. If NXT was 2 or 3 hour long like Raw and Smackdown are, HHH's would book the show the same way that Vince does.

Except he didn't say that. He said something to the effect that if NXT was elevated, Vince would take over causing the product to change.

The reason i say that is simple, HHH's is already booking NXt the way Vince use to do it when NXT was called ECW.
I haven't watched much NXT and I don't remember ECW terribly well but saying they are booked the same sounds wrong and I would really like to hear some actual similarities that apply.
I could even say that the style of booking that HHH uses is similar to how Vince was booking during the golden era of WWE. Some of the gimmicks on NXT are very sports entertainment related. A gimmick like Velveteen Dream would have be a superstars in the 80's with the gimmick is doing mostly because it's really 80's inspired. Same goes for War raiders and some of the alumnies of NXT like Tyler Breeze and the ascension.
The Golden Era was booked as the Hulk Hogan Show and Friends. NXT has a revolving door of heroes, villains, and exits. Yes, there are similarities, but there are similarities with almost all wrestling programs

I feel fans of NXT just want to believe that HHH is this savior that is booking a better product but in the end, that's just a smoke screen because he's just doing what vince would do if he had the limited tv time that NXT as.
Then why did ECW fail miserably and NXT has a strong following that is able to fill out arenas four or five times a year.
For god sake Mauro ranallo is pretty much the perfect example of a 80's WWE play by play guy. The reason most of the NXT alum don't make it big on the main roster as nothing to do with creative or Vince not knowing what to do with them, it's all on how they prepare them for the main roster.
Raw and SD are littered with NXT talent. The reason most dont make it big is because no single wrestling roster is designed to have most make it big. It is impossible.
NXT is a great product for those that like it, i'm not a fan of it but that's my choice, But with the way they are booking things, they are better off just turning this into a third mainstream brand and keep those guy in NXT instead of pretending that they are a developmental system, when in fact they really aren't anymore.

And yet WWE/Vince chooses not to despite how many posts and threads you make say otherwise. I'm going to go with Vince's decision on this.

And yes, NXT is not solely a developmental system. That term is marketing BS. But there is plenty of it that is meant to develop talent and they have done a great job developing talent for their needs. We've seen the last five years or so of the best WWE wrestling matches in history.

Last edited:
Except he didn't say that. He said something to the effect that if NXT was elevated, Vince would take over causing the product to change.

I haven't watched much NXT and I don't remember ECW terribly well but saying they are booked the same sounds wrong and I would really like to hear some actual similarities that apply. The Golden Era was booked as the Hulk Hogan Show and Friends. NXT has a revolving door of heroes, villains, and exits. Yes, there are similarities, but there are similarities with almost all wrestling programs

Then why did ECW fail miserably and NXT has a strong following that is able to fill out arenas four or five times a year. Raw and SD are littered with NXT talent. The reason most dont make it big is because no single wrestling roster is designed to have most make it big. It is impossible.

And yet WWE/Vince chooses not to despite how many posts and threads you make say otherwise. I'm going to go with Vince's decision on this.

And yes, NXT is not solely a developmental system. That term is marketing BS. But there is plenty of it that is meant to develop talent and they have done a great job developing talent for their needs. We've seen the last five years or so of the best WWE wrestling matches in history.

To answers some of your points, ECW near the end of the run of the brand was pretty much a way to highlight the best talents from FCW at the time. They mix it up with veteran who would put them over and have simple storytelling. The problem was that, pretty much like what 205 live is living right now, the casual fanbase don't care about seeing this type of wrestling base booking, plus the fact that the brand was pretty much dead by the time they started this version of the brand.

As far as why NXT are able to sell out arena four or five time a years. Quite simple, they go where the smart fans are. You look at where the takeovers took place this year, all town that have a strong smart fanbase, plus for three of them, people or willing to travel to go to the big WWE show the following night because Rumble,mania and summerslam do attract fans from around the world. When they go to not town that don't have that's strong of a following, they have problem selling out the arena. Last year both the takeover before MITB and Survivor series didn't sell out, they had to give away tickets because they weren't in a town that had a strong wrestling fanbase. The year before was the same thing, they had only 3 out of the 5 that were sellout the other 2 weren't.

IWhat i'm saying is that now, fans are ready for this type of booking that vince was doing at the time and that HHH took the idea from. If you give NXT more time either on the network or a tv station, you will get a similar type of booking that Raw and Smackdown as right now. As far as why a lot fails, let's face it, when you have a owner that don't have time to follow the product, a second in comment that don't realize that what he's doing isn't going to work on the main roster and the fact that they are more into making NXT look like the cool brand instead of being what they are suppose to be in the first place, then it's no wonder that most of them fails in the end because everybody in charge things that since they are popular in NXT that everybody watching raw and smackdown knows who they are so they just transplant those guys into whatever program they get put on. So they fail because not everybody watches NXT and since they're not introduce properly, fans won't cares no matter how big you were in NXT.

IWhat i'm saying is that now, fans are ready for this type of booking that vince was doing at the time and that HHH took the idea from.

I don't think it is true but why does it matter if HHH is copying anything? Professional wrestling is constantly being recycled.

If you give NXT more time either on the network or a tv station, you will get a similar type of booking that Raw and Smackdown as right now.

Yes, you will lose freedoms due to your obligation to the t.v. network, advertisers, and possibly different audience. A good reason to not to go to t.v.

As far as why a lot fails, let's face it, when you have a owner that don't have time to follow the product, a second in comment that don't realize that what he's doing isn't going to work on the main roster and the fact that they are more into making NXT look like the cool brand instead of being what they are suppose to be in the first place, then it's no wonder that most of them fails

Most do not fail. The SD and Raw rosters are stacked with the greatest talent of all time. Many went through NXT. What do you mean by "most fail"? You seem to like Raw and SD, you can't throw a rock without hitting a former NXT grad.

in the end because everybody in charge things that since they are popular in NXT that everybody watching raw and smackdown knows who they are so they just transplant those guys into whatever program they get put on. So they fail because not everybody watches NXT and since they're not introduce properly, fans won't cares no matter how big you were in NXT.

For as long as I can remember WWE has initially pushed a lot of talent when they first get called up. Some succeed, some fail. I've seen way more successes in the past five years than in the history of WWE. You're just spouting talking points that have no basis in real facts.

While i agree with you about the NXT product, i have to disagree with you on one point. That how different HHH and Vince are about booking. If NXT was 2 or 3 hour long like Raw and Smackdown are, HHH's would book the show the same way that Vince does. The reason i say that is simple, HHH's is already booking NXt the way Vince use to do it when NXT was called ECW. I could even say that the style of booking that HHH uses is similar to how Vince was booking during the golden era of WWE. Some of the gimmicks on NXT are very sports entertainment related. A gimmick like Velveteen Dream would have be a superstars in the 80's with the gimmick is doing mostly because it's really 80's inspired. Same goes for War raiders and some of the alumnies of NXT like Tyler Breeze and the ascension,

Using NXT UK as an example, they show two 1 hour episodes each week and it doesn't come off like Raw or SmackDown as far as booking goes, so I fail to see why the original NXT would be any different. A big reason why they've been airing two NXT UK episodes is so they can finally show the NXT UK Women's Championship tournament and while the show is still new and there's still work to be done, these early episodes are laying the groundwork for future feuds and storylines. As with NXT OG, they're also using the time they have wisely without filler and everything that happens actually having a purpose.

As for the style of booking being similar to what Vince was doing 30+ years ago, so what? What I care about is wrestling that's treated seriously, the booking and storytelling is consistent, there's a sense of continuity and the powers that be actually seem to care enough to pay attention to who and what the fans seem to be into. Triple H has been doing all that since he took charge of NXT and he's been doing it beautifully. What I consider "sports entertainment" is the sort of garbage we're usually treated to like dance offs happening during matches, lame comedy segments featuring jokes that might've gotten a few chuckles back in the 50s, or just segments that do nothing more than eat up time while killing the energy of the crowd. That's become Vince's definition of "sports entertainment" and we've seen the likes of Tyler Breeze and the Ascension look like complete jokes on the main roster whereas in NXT, where Triple H's brand of "sports entertainment" saw them booked to look like stars, which is what's happening with the Velveteen Dream right now in NXT and, unfortunately, he'll probably get a treatment similar to Breeze and the Ascension whenever he makes it to the main roster.

I feel fans of NXT just want to believe that HHH is this savior that is booking a better product but in the end, that's just a smoke screen because he's just doing what vince would do if he had the limited tv time that NXT as. For god sake Mauro ranallo is pretty much the perfect example of a 80's WWE play by play guy. The reason most of the NXT alum don't make it big on the main roster as nothing to do with creative or Vince not knowing what to do with them, it's all on how they prepare them for the main roster. NXT is a great product for those that like it, i'm not a fan of it but that's my choice, But with the way they are booking things, they are better off just turning this into a third mainstream brand and keep those guy in NXT instead of pretending that they are a developmental system, when in fact they really aren't anymore.

The reason they feel that Triple H is booking a better product is because he is booking a better product. I beg to differ that what Triple H is doing in NXT is what Vince would be doing if he had the limited time that NXT has because we saw what an abomination 205 Live was under his control. He turned it into an hour of pointless filler matches and more of his brand of sports entertainment nonsense.On Wednesdays, beginning at 7pm est., there's a four hour block of WWE programming that's under Triple H's control: 205 Live, NXT and the two episodes of NXT UK that air earlier in the day at 3 and 4 pm est. and it's a consistently good four hour block of wrestling television, usually much better than SmackDown Live and vastly better than Raw has been for most of 2018.

As far as Mauro Ranallo goes, he's basically a Canadian version of Jim Ross in that he's passionate, he's loud, he knows how to call the action, he helps keep the audience enthralled, he keeps the focus on the wrestlers and action that's going on inside the ring, he isn't being fed lines and dumb jokes through his headset. Basically, he's a guy that's allowed to and trusted to do his job.

When it comes to the talent who flounder upon making it to the main roster, if there was a problem with the developmental side of things, I don't think Triple H would still be in charge of it. On the remote, extremely remote chance, that there are problems and Triple H isn't removed, then it's still on Vince for not stepping in and fixing the problem. The buck stops with Vincent Kennedy McMahon because that's how he's built the inner structure of his organizations; he micromanages every aspect of his company and if he feels executives are making bad decisions, then it's up to him to step in and make changes.

I get that every wrestler won't be a mega star that comes out of NXT, that's just simply how it is, but it's extremely hard to say that most talent form NXT fail when you consider that 80%+ of the current roster is made up of talent who came into WWE through NXT.

I'm not sure what you mean by the next level, NXT is about developing stars and getting them ready for the main roster, Next level would be maybe competing against RAW and Smackdown but that would defeat the purpose of what NXT is as eventually most talent all end up on the main shows. I don't know who even still watches RAW and Smackdown anymore so I think more effort should be made improving what they have instead of watering down their already struggling main shows.

Personally i grew up on this sport entertainment stuff so that's why I'm not really into the more serious presentation that NXT is going for. In fact, I haven't watch NXT since the mania takeover. What I miss about NXT was that it was all about the future superstars, not the latest Indy guy that HHH was able to steal from the Indies.

I don't mind that they are trying to please the hardcore bases by bringing theses superstars but the original point of NXT was to give those unknown guys a chance to get some experience in front of a tv audience. Now it's all about theses indy's guy that don't change a think about their presentation. That why I kinda lost interest in this product more so then the main rosters stuff, because it's always the same thing and the same formula.

Personally i grew up on this sport entertainment stuff so that's why I'm not really into the more serious presentation that NXT is going for. In fact, I haven't watch NXT since the mania takeover. What I miss about NXT was that it was all about the future superstars, not the latest Indy guy that HHH was able to steal from the Indies

We all grew up with the sports entertainment stuff but tastes can change. Just because I liked it when I was 10 years old doesn't mean I'm liking it now. If you don't even watch NXT, then you basically just torpedo your own arguments. It's still about future superstars; 30+ years back, Vince wads doing what Triple H was doing in that he was scouring other organizations that didn't have the money and resources of his company to poach talent. The indy scene is the modern equivalent of the Territory System. Guys like Hogan, Savage, Steamboat, Tully Blanchard, Arn Anderson, the Road Warriors, Demolition, Rude and an umber of others were already established stars in other places before they came to work for Vince.

I don't mind that they are trying to please the hardcore bases by bringing theses superstars but the original point of NXT was to give those unknown guys a chance to get some experience in front of a tv audience. Now it's all about theses indy's guy that don't change a think about their presentation. That why I kinda lost interest in this product more so then the main rosters stuff, because it's always the same thing and the same formula.

A lot more than just "hardcore bases" watch NXT as far, far too many NXT alum get too strong of a response once they hit the main roster. The original point of NXT is to sill give unknown talent exposure to WWE fans and TV audiences, that hasn't changed, but that doesn't mean NXT has to have only one singular objective. It's become more than just WWE's developmental brand and that's not a bad thing. If you're talking about a formula in which the talent are given actual feuds, matches that have a purpose, no filler, a distinct lack of 20+ minute promos on every show, a distinct lack of authority figures all over the show as the top heels or babyfaces, time to flesh out storylines and a consistent sense of continuity with the booking, then you're right. They don't change that because it works and because it's basically the opposite of what we often get from the main roster nowadays.

And i get that part, but at the same time, give them the schedule that the main roster has and you don't have that luxury anymore of fleshing out storyline and building up proper feud because you always have to get something new on tv every week to advance a story. You give NXT a Live 2 hour time slot every week on the network and give them live events to do every weekend and suddenly, the booking style change because suddenly, you don't have the luxury of time to tell a good story or practice and layout how the match will work. That'S my point.

I use to watch NXT in fact i watch it from the very first episode until i would say mania last year when i realize that, a) i really didn'T get why the product was so popular any and b) i thought the takeover formula of booking became way to repetitive for me. So i stop watching NXT last year and i completely stop watching the takeover special after mania this year mostly for the second reason i talk about.

Also, i kinda saw a trend happening when they do call up, they normally do a call up either after mania or when they are in a big market like chicago or new york so to make sure that they get the biggest pop possible when they debut. That's because they know that it'S mostly smart fans that show up at these event so they are sure that they watch NXT. That's the genius od Vince, always know what kind of audience you have and play with it. Because they other trend that i watch was that the following after the debut, normally depending on where they are, the reaction isn't as big because you get a more casual crowd that don't necessarily watch NXT and only have the network for the Main rosters PPV. so that when you really know if you got a star on your hand or not, it's in the second or third week after the debut.

In the end, i get it, it's easy to think that the NXT booking it better because it is. The reason that it is is because they have the luxury of time that the main roster doesn't NXT tape normally three week worth of tv per week do maybe half the live events that WWE does and has five big events instead of 12 so they have the time to produce a better product. Give them the schedule the WWE as and HHH would book NXT the same way the main rosters is being booked.

Just put a bunch of stars that came up through NXT back there that Vince has decided to bury and extend the show to two hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back