So what's the point of the brand split?

Psykohurricane55

Staff member
The more they advance with the brand split, the more i'm wondering why they have it in the first place especially now. When they started the brand split 3 years ago, i thought this will be a good thing for them as it give more opportunities for wrestlers that normally don't get tv time. They were doing single brand PPV which was a good thing again since it gave more exposure to guys and girls that normally wouldn't get a chance to shine. Then this year after mania, they decided to have all PPV be dual brand which kinda made the point of the brand split null and void but still the shows felt different and it still felt like their was a difference between raw and smackdown, then this week happened and they started the whole ''Fresh and New'' era and now both shows fell exactly the same, their not a big difference between the quality of Raw and smackdown anymore. It's all about the mcmahon being the savior of the company and not about making each show feel different. So why have a brand split if you're going to have the same peoples on top for both show.

What makes Raw different from smackdown now outside that one is the red brand and one is the blue brand?

i just don't get with all that wrestling knowledge that HHH and vince have between the 2, how they can so misread they're audience and think that fans that are only watching smackdown want the same thing that raw is offering every week.

You watched one SD and one Raw and determined that both shows are now the same because both had segments with McMahons?

Seems like kind of a myopic opinion.

Yes, talent is not getting as much PPV time necessarily but they are certainly getting more tv time and live show time. And while both are wrestling shows, I'm not sure how anyone can't see the differences. Other than a guest spot here and there it is almost 100% different talent. I know I tend to enjoy SD more, I think part of that has to lend itself to differences.

Hey! Don't use big words when diminutive words will do.

Yeah, aside from the McMahons, it's an entirely different cast of people. Yes, we'll get their same, tired segments, but until the Fox deal came along I think any sane person expected the brand split to only be temporary. With the rumored info out there about how Fox wants Smackdown completely different from Raw, they might maintain the split to that point.

I always thought the brand splits should cater to different demographics, With one show being more adult orientated more like how WWE was in the late 90's attitude era and the other show more child friendly where it's safe to watch with our kids without the language and violence of the other show, That would give both shows a completely different feel with certain wrestlers being better suited to the kid show and the more edgier wrestler on the adult show, With the lack of competition from other companies all mainstream wrestling looks and feels the same now but this idea would I feel help. Otherwise I don't see any point continuing the brand split as both shows are too similar.

I would love to see the brand split turn into a Divisions Split, with a Tag Team, a IC, a US, a WWE, a Women, a IC Women, a Tag Women and a 6Tag

I always thought the brand splits should cater to different demographics,

I think Smackdown! was the highest rated show for hispanics around the Eddie Guerrero/Rey Mysterio era. So you might have a point there.

The Brand Split for me is an example of a good idea but bad execution. The surprising thing is that the original brand split 2002 to 2012 was better handled than what we have now.

I like the idea of separate brands since it makes the TV shows and PPV's fresh seeing different talent. Problem is that (a) Smackdown! will always play second fiddle to RAW and (b) there comes a time the WWE starts to become more liberal with the split (i.e. stars on both shows, PPV's are joined again).

That's kinda my problem with the brand split now, it's that I doesn't feel like a brand split anymore. The only different between raw and smackdown now is the different roster. The fact that we have the same authority figures for both shows now make me feel like they slowly want to get rid of the brand split. What made the split fun for me was that raw was booked to be more like a soap opera with the evil gm and the bad storytelling and smackdown was the wrestling show with the baby face gm that you didn't see in every segment. Now it feels like we will get a McMahon in at less one segment every week and will get the soap opera element in both shows which Wil get old quickly.

I already tired of the whole miz/Shane storyline and I feel like We're stock with this for at less until mania as it was rumored that this was shane's program for mania next year.

Anyway, this might be nothing and thing will go back to normal in a few weeks but for now, it make me feel like they are trying to hard to push this story along kinda like the last time they use Vince for a major storyline going into mania season and try to force feed Roman reigns to the fans by using the McMahon as a obstacle for reigns. So I guess will see after the holidays if this trend of having the mcmahon's on both brand will last or if we get 2 distinct show again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back