• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Nexus new leader????

Next Jericho

Robbie E's number one fan BRO
Okay last week Wade Barret work visa expired and well he can't be in the USA without one never mind the WWE?? :disappointed:

Wade Barret was the obivous leader of the Nexus group one off the main storylines for the Raw brand so what WWE are telling me is they can't sort the NXT break out star's visa :wtf: but that is a different thread

So who in your option will become the leader of the Nexus group out of the following????

David Otunga

Heath Slater

Darren Young

Justin Gabriel

Michael Tarver

Skip Sheffield

This is the link to the visa problem if you don't believe me

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/art...rs-out-indefinitely-due-to-visa-issues-105707

I am sure that he will not be deported. Mega stars don't get the across the border at night treatment most illegals get.

He contributs and I am sure he pays taxes. Vince won't let that happen.

As far as the next leader? Prolly Daniel Bryan.

If by some freak chance Barrett was deported Vince would be tripping over himself to get Daniel back.

If not Bryan than prolly Otunga.

I don't see Barrett out for very long. But as far as leadership for now goes, I can see Tarver doing it. Tarver looks the toughest out of all of them, is pretty good on the mic, and just seems like a leader more than anyone else. To anyone who's thinking Daniel Bryan, get it through your head, he's gone. He got released. And even if he was still around, does he look like he could lead them. Hell no. Let's think about the other people in Nexus as the leader.
Otunga-He's good on the mic, but he looks too clean cut to be a leader.
Sheffield-He's big and strong, but not on-par with everyone else mic-wise.
Slater- Does he even have a finisher? He's awful on the mic, and doesn't have the look of a leader.
Darren Young- No.
Gabriel- He doesn't even look like he wants to be there, so no.
So that leaves us with Tarver. He looks like a leader, he can carry himself on the mic, and he is powerful enough to be in control of Nexus. But, like I said, I don't see Barrett being out for much longer, and if he isn't back next week, it'll be the week after.

Am I the only one who thinks that since this has come up---that maybe we will find out if there actually is a "mastermind" behind this Nexus group. And if it wasn't already planned, we may be finding out sooner than later who this person is.

And of the remaining members, I say Otunga. He's good on the mic and has the look and charisma. Michael Tarver is awful---I'm not sure why he wears that over his face. And am I the only one who thinks Justin Gabriel looks scared shitless when he's out there giving the beatings?

New leader? I would imagine the WWE could get Barrett on the big screen via satellite to help lead the Nexus without the need of having a new leader or a clear cut #2 for that matter.

On a side note, I'm getting kinda tired of this group barging in every week and just beating down whoever is unfortunate enough to be in the ring. Maybe change it up just a little. Let them work in smaller groups throughout the show instead of one 10+ minute segment. That would keep this fresh in my mind.

I'm sure Barrett wont be off TV long. In the meantime I think Otunga will be the main mouthpiece. He's really the only other one in Nexus with mic skills.

Barrett and McIntyre only need to go to their respective countries and fill out paperwork and they will get their visas back. That's why they said Barrett was in Connecticut on Monday. I have full confidence Barrett will be back in charge next week.

As for the question posed, I don't think a leader would emerge out of them. I think they would work together like on Monday and they would have no real leader until the "mastermind" was revealed.

Bryant would probably be the first choice just for surprise factor if Barrett has issues and will be gone for an extended period. If not Bryant, then Otunga is the next clear choice. The rest of the guys would be horrible choices.

That being said I don't think there will be a need for this as they could just say that WWE HQ is still deciding what to do if Wade has to miss another week.

Well last night the other guys had zero presence without Barrett around. He was the only good one that came out of the whole damn thing since Danielson was released. The rest of the guys suck, so if they lose Barrett for an extended amount of time, this angle is going to go in the crapper pretty fast.

Quite honestly, I don't see what the big fuss is about. Wade Barrett can quite easily fly home, get his paperwork done, and be back in the US in two weeks time, so there's no need to speculate on who needs to step up as the new Nexus leader. But to combat being looked at as a complete thread buzzkill...

Michael Tarver should become the new Nexus leader.

As could be seen last night during their interview segment, Skip Shef was mostly used as a mindless enforcer, which rules him out.

Slater doesn't have the look or the mic skills to be viewed as a credible leader. Plus, who wants to listen to a ginger?

Gabriel's mic skills are weak, as I recall his interview segments sounding very, very scripted.

I don't think anyone takes Darren Young seriously - I know I don't.

This leaves Otunga and Tarver. Like Jonnie already mentioned, Otunga can talk, but he has too clean-cut of a look.

Which finally leaves us with Michael Tarver. You can take a quick glance at him and instantly arrive at the conclusion of "loner badass". We've already seen the loner bit in NXT, and he wrestles a very no-nonsense style in the ring. And he gives good interviews to boot. My pick: Michael Tarver for interim Nexus leader 2010!

Whats with all the hate for Tarver? I think he would be the new leader should Barrett be unable to return. He has the charisma to run a supergroup, and he certainly gives off that vibe that says "Don't screw with us." Out of all the Season 1 rookies, he's the guy who is probably the most well-equipped to be the leader.

If I had to choose somebody else, I would bet on it being Otunga. While he doesnt have the attitude of a leader, he did come in second on NXT. He has the charisma, and the ability to speak, and he can speak well. But again, it comes down to the vibe that each superstar gives off that they can be seen as a legit bad guy. When it comes right down to it, the only person other than Barrett and Bryan that give off that vibe is Michael Tarver.

I doubt that Wade is going to be gone that long. They will keep coming up with excuses for him to be off TV, which might either help the other Nexus members to shine a bit or it might end up hurting the entire angle.

I don't know why people shit on Tarver so much. Tarver reminds me of some kind of rabid dog when he is out there with the other members. I think he is the most charismatic one out of the group and it seems like Skip is slowly starting to get some steam. Heath and Justin are just awful. Justin Gabriel is good for a 450 splash, and every time he's out with the group, he just looks clueless and has no personality.

David Otunga should be the one to step up in the group. He was entertaining as the Raw GM and can actually talk on the mic. Since he already (or used to) consider himself the A List, he should step up on his own and just take control of the group.

But the real question is, do they even need a leader right now? They have been doing whatever they want anyway and anytime they needed to get a little bit of the story to progress, Wade would talk for the most part, then the rest would each say something real quick, and that would be it. So I don't even think they need to focus on a leader, UNLESS Wade is going to be out for a long amount of time until he gets things figured out.

Okay last week Wade Barret work visa expired and well he can't be in the USA without one never mind the WWE?? :disappointed:

Wade Barret was the obivous leader of the Nexus group one off the main storylines for the Raw brand so what WWE are telling me is they can't sort the NXT break out star's visa :wtf: but that is a different thread

So who in your option will become the leader of the Nexus group out of the following????

David Otunga

Heath Slater

Darren Young

Justin Gabriel

Michael Tarver

Skip Sheffield

This is the link to the visa problem if you don't believe me

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/art...rs-out-indefinitely-due-to-visa-issues-105707

What that article tells me is that they don’t know how long both guys will be off of TV for. However, it also tells me that it could be as early as next week when we see them return.

Honestly, I think people are genuinely jumping to conclusions and I don’t think that either man will be out of action for too long. Drew McIntyre’s visa problems were shown last week on Smackdown and what that tells me, is that the WWE are pretty confident that Drew’s visa issues will be sorted out soon enough. They wouldn’t have referenced it otherwise. Visas can be tricky but I am sure that Drew will be back soon enough. The same is true of Wade Barrett too. WWE mentioned that he would be back on Raw next week and this tells me that they are confident that Barrett will be back by then too.

Now, I have never been in a situation where I have needed to apply for a visa but I do know that an expired visa could be problems. I believe that renewing it is pretty simple though and goes on how often you are set to work for your business. I assume that because both men are working for the WWE full time, the problems will be out of the way rather quickly and they will be back rather soon. However, it might not be as simple as that and if this is the case, we might need a new leader of the Nexus.

To me, David Otunga is the best choice. He got the most mainstream exposure when he was on NXT and even hosted Raw. We all know that he can be good on the mic and whilst he may be a little green in the ring, he is certainly one of the better NXT talents. Out with him, I suggest that Justin Gabriel will be the new leader. He definitely does have the talent in the ring and he is OK on the mic too. It really is up in the air and any of them could step up and take the position that Barrett left open if his scenario isn’t worked out soon.

I am sure that he will not be deported. Mega stars don't get the across the border at night treatment most illegals get.

He contributs and I am sure he pays taxes. Vince won't let that happen.

As far as the next leader? Prolly Daniel Bryan.

If by some freak chance Barrett was deported Vince would be tripping over himself to get Daniel back.

If not Bryan than prolly Otunga.

You obviously have no clue how deportation works. If he got caught being here illegally by the authorities he gets a trial which will take months before the US will make him leave. If he decides to go on his own thats a different story.

But back to the question. If he has to leave the WWE they should just squash Nexus because Wade Barrett and Daniel Bryan were the only two people from Nexus that anyone cared about.

If this does happen it will be a shame because the angle started off with such promise.

I think it will be a co-leadership role w/Tarver and Otunga. 2 weeks ago I would have said Otunga and not even have considered Tarver but lately he has really proved himself to be solid on the mic, and upon further review, a pretty damn solid in ring worker too.

It's interesting to see what they'll do with this rut in the storyline, if anything. I wouldn't be suprised if they never mention it, get the visa stuff worked out by next week, and continue with the storyline. If thats not the case, and Barrett isn't able to compete for a while, maybe a fued over leadership of the Nexus will occur. But yea, Tarver looks like he's the guy to take over should anything happen, he's the most well rounded guy and if I remember correctley, the guy who definitley came off looking like the leader during Wade's absence last night.

The only man who I think is main-event ready after Barrett is Michael Tarver. The man has a killer look and presence, and is damn good and realistic on the mic. If Barrett is out for a while (which I doubt he will be), Tarver is the man. He just needs to work slightly on his ring skills, but he's miles better than Otunga, and I actually think he can talk better than him too. On top of that, he has the biggest bone to pick with WWE Management.

Tarver is the logical choice here.

I do not see Barrett being off t.v. for that long. The upcoming weeks would be the perfect time for the new GM to put NeXus into matches on raw. Having them in matches where the other members are not allowed to interfere, they got six members left so they could stretch it out for a few weeks, allowing time for the whole visa thing to clear up.

If they go the route of a fill in leader I would select Otunga, as he was the guest host of RAW,they must have thought something of him to get that spot.

I been thinking that if there is really a leader of it that its either micheal cole or kane, the reason I think its Micheal Cole is because they turned him into a bad guy all of the sudden, but my number one guess is Kane because he said not one man could of done that to the undertaker, if they really want this to be like an NWO stable then my smart money would be on Micheal Cole, Micheal Cole is monster on the mic and could probably help all the guys on the stable.

The best choice is heath slater. YES i know he is questioned because he doesnt even have a finisher and maybe he is a little annoying. But frankly this is a heel group and the leader should be annoying and easy to hate. This isnt a face group so put the guy that is just generally EASY to hate. For one he is a jerk and he talks a lot of trash. THAT is what a great heel leader is. Frankly with how WWE is now the leader doesnt even have to be an amazing wrestler, he needs to know how to work the mic and he needs to be able to be hated. Otunga is great on the mic but like previously stated he is too clean cut. Slater has that long hair and annoying voice that would just make people HATE him. That is why slater should be the leader. Simply because it is a heel group it has to be slater.

Flaws
Otunga- too clean cut
Gabriel- No mic skills
Tarver- shows no talent and simply seems like a thug/enforcer at best
Sheffield- Doesnt have the look of a leader in my view and doesnt have the mic skills. he is another enforcer type guy/ he's kind of like a batista
Darren Young isnt even worth mentioning because he looks and seems like an idiot
Slater is the best choice however I believe that the WWE clearly favors Otunga because of his high profile status and the WWE would rather Otunga over Slater. Slater is the best choice but idk if the WWE will chose him over otunga their clear favorite. I think Slater or Otunga should become the leaders and then in a view months Barrett returns and wants to be leader again. Then they argue against each other and eventually go to war against each other thus dividing the group. This would eventually lead to this group's dividal which is bound to happen eventually.

hmm i think the best choice to fill in for barrett for a couple weeks would be Otunga, he has the best mic skills out of the remaining nexus group.

Gabriel - never really heard him talk, if he did cant remember it.
Tarver - absolutely BORING to listen to, dont like this guy.
Sheffield - no.....just no
Young - ew
Slater - no

well to me is to have otunga take up the reigns. i dont see anyone else qualified.
or another option would be they dont have a leader just going crazy beating up everyone till barrett gets back and takes back control of the group.

Since Barrett looks like he won't be out very long at all, but for now i can ee co leadership between Tarver and Otunga, simply because Otunga has charisma, good mic skills and the look, Tarver also has the mentality of a thug whose "Don't fuck with us" attitude which makes Nexus an out of control gang.

I think he will return in no time...But the next leader could have been Daniel Bryan ehh???

Anyway I have to say Otunga, out of the rest, he talks the most...and I consider him a big guy...also with him also guest hosting Raw as well..he probably has more popularity...

Not that it matters, because at this point if Wade Barrett won't be returning my guess is a mysterious new leader will be revealed. (Michael Cole?)

However, not for nothing and to be honest even though I like him, I surely hope not. YET.. on Raw, Heath Slater was directing traffic, as it were, in the attack of the Legends. Slater was the guy directing everyone to go in their respective ways, and he more or less motioned when to attack - to which they did.

David Otunga likely has the best mic-skills among them all, and possibly Tarver after that. So for those reasons, I'd say either of those two could be more of a leader by terms of speaking skills. However none of them have the qualities that made Barrett the stand-out, and will ultimately force WWE to bring in someone from the outside, before appointing anyone currently in the group the next leader.

Sorry anyone that said Daniel Bryan but he will not be back until September the 8th (if he does come back from the 90 days no compete clause)

Otuga is only in the WWE because he married and his in ring skills need improving raididly if he wants to be the leader!

Slater well does not have the look and well can't wrestle or talk what is he good at??Not leader!!

Sheffield well he is the groups inforcer and cannot be the leader!!

Darren Young should have joined the SES when he had the chance!! No leader position!!

Justin 'one hit wonder' Gaberial he looks like he is a male stripper and looks scared in the ring!! Not leader

Michel Taver well lets just put him as the guest leader until Barret is back not the permanent one.

In my option then Michel Taver should be the leader but the group will have not to talk alot and just be thugs for a bit

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back