• Jeff Hardy

• Umaga

• Mr. Kennedy

• Bobby Lashley

• John Cena

Results are only viewable after voting.
D

DX_Guy

Who should be WWE Champ after Randy Orton's Reign, I would love to see Y2J get a run as Champ. But what do you think?

I think as the plans stand now, Triple H is in line for yet another WWE title reign. While I believe that another title reign will not benefit Hunter greatly, there is no question that he is the most over face out of the current roster and his overall package is probably superior to anyone right now.

When scrutinising your options most of those wrestlers are not very eligible for a WWE championship...

John Cena is out until Wrestlemania, and by the time he comes into the title scene there would have been a title change.

Bobby Lashley is out until December and I doubt he will be thrown straight into contention for the title. In fact he hasn't even feuded for the title yet, and I doubt that an ECW title reign is enough to give him credibility as a WWE champion.

I like Umaga as a wrestler, he has great skill for a big man. But what mic skill does he have? We can't even find out, because all his character does is growl. Taking into account that he has been used as a jobber for the main eventers recently, I do not think his character will be pushed to the title picture anytime soon, if at all.

Jeff Hardy has been getting a big push as of lately, but I think it will fizzle out, and while some may argue that he is already a main eventer, I still see him as a spot monkey with limited wrestling ability. My verdict on Jeff, is that he will always be stuck on the main event entry level, and will not elevate to a title reign.

With all the IWC praise for Mr Kennedy, I do not think he has much credibility, or has the required skills for a champion. I too have jumped on the Kennedy bandwagon and I loved his whole mic routine. But after seeing him do this day after day, I have become bored of it. Furthermore, to me, he has been sloppy in the ring, and I have not been overly entertained by his matches. I hope HBK does bring out the best in him, in the feud that the two are currently in.
Overall I think Kennedy is too green for a title reign and I do not think he will get a championship until the latter part of next year.

Chris Jericho is over, he is working off his ring rust, but to put a title on him would be ruining the credibility of the championship. I just do not see him getting to be the next champion after just coming back to the company.

HBK in my eyes is the only other credible enough contender apart from Triple H. He has the skills and charisma and everyone already knows. But he has stated that he does not want the pressure from being a champion and on that basis I discard him as being a contender for the next champion.

My prediction is Triple H, not only from the current plans of WWE, but also from the credibility perspective when put against the other contenders.

I WANT the next WWE champion to be Shawn Michaels. However, I have argued my case for this many times. And I aren't sure whether he wants to be champion himself.

I believe Y2J will be the next champion, continuing with the WWE's theme of only pushing the people that will make them money. They made such a big deal out of his return I think it's inevitable at some point or another. He is however a good wrestler, and would deserve the shot, but maybe after around a year. I don't think it would be fair to give him it too soon, as he hasn't earned it, being off for so long.

Mr. Kennedy would be a really good champion. He has great ability both in the ring and with a mic. It all depends on whether the WWE will push him that far.

Jeff I don't think deserves the title, not yet. He needs to get in a few more feuds, and establish a proper character for himself. I don't even know if he's ever going to be championship worthy, just because of the type of wrestler he is. And his gimmick doesn't really say 'WWE Champion'.

I WANT the next WWE champion to be Shawn Michaels. However, I have argued my case for this many times. And I aren't sure whether he wants to be champion himself.

I believe Y2J will be the next champion, continuing with the WWE's theme of only pushing the people that will make them money. They made such a big deal out of his return I think it's inevitable at some point or another. He is however a good wrestler, and would deserve the shot, but maybe after around a year. I don't think it would be fair to give him it too soon, as he hasn't earned it, being off for so long.
I agree, Jericho shouldnt get the title after being off for soo long, it makes no sense.
Mr. Kennedy would be a really good champion. He has great ability both in the ring and with a mic. It all depends on whether the WWE will push him that far.
He hasn't paid his dues, kennedy in no shape or form should be allowed near a title unless he proves that he wont injure anyone, or get suspended for drug use

Triple H will get the title, as much as i hate to admit it. I don't think he should because it won't really matter. Let's face it, a 12 time champion isn't as big as a 16 time champion, but not much better than a 10 time champion either. I don't think it will make him like the rock or stone cold, which we all know is what he wants. Don't get me wrong; i love the guy. He's one of the best in the business today. But he shouldn't need a title to prove it. They should give it to someone that could get a serious push from it, like Kennedy or Hardy.

I have a beef with Randy Orton Being a 2 time WWE Champion. He has a total of 3 world title reigns. He was awarded the title , defended it, lost it, demanded a rematch under his rematch clause, and won it back all in the same day! If Y2J gets the title, he wont hold it long. Kennedy is a contender but he's not wrestling better than JEFF hardy, HBK and Triple H. I have a feeling the next WWE champ comes from Smackdown if it's not Y2J. Also, Jeff Hardy deserve title matches. He s proven to me he can take wrestlers to the limit. Bobby Lashley is owed a title run since he was forced to drop the ECW title in the draft. HBK keeps getting screwed and I dont know why. Randy needs to defend that title every night until someone beats him.

i do feel bad for umaga. I dont see him getting a title reign anytime soon. maybe he should put people out like Randy did. And its a shame. He wrestles way better than Khali. Too bad he doesnt talk on TV

Jeff Hardy needs to be the next WWE Champion. Why you may ask.

Simple, because everyone thinks, he's nothing but a spot monkey, not good on the mic, and someone who doesn't deserve the title.

Well on the first thing, yes Jeff is a high flyer, I give you that. The moves he uses in his matches though aren't all going up to the top rope. He can and does sometimes take a normal move that no one would think would hurt, and add on to it something extra to make it look painful.

The second, ok guys I think it's time you gave up on the "Jeff isn't good on the mic" thing. You can't tell how good some is on the mic is they only get about a minute of mic time every two weeks or so.

The third, who the heck are you to say who would and wouldn't be a good champion? Do you hear the pop Jeff gets every night? Are you jealous that he can do things you can't? Please ask yourself these questions before you decide if Jeff is good enough or not.

next wwe champ...
Shawn Michaels: would like to see him wwe champ, but i think his wwe title days are over, give him the world title again for a big run.
Triple H: yea, i think he would be good champ agin, as long he doesent turn heel, most of the time he is champiion, hes on the wrong heel.
Chris Jericho: as champ, not yet, he has just came back, while others are all working hard for it, let him earn it, wrestlemania is a good time.
Jeff Hardy: no, not wwe champ... if he gets a big enogh push, he should be ECW champ for now.
Umaga: nah, not Umaga... all i got to say
Mr. Kennedy: same as jeff hardy... ECW champ
Bobby Lashley:he is injured, to be wwe camp will take him the months or rumble win.
John Cena: he is my fav... he should be wwe champ, as soon as he gets back, yea he is injured, as i said bouit lashly and jerico, they need to earn it... he was wwe champ, then he got injured...

u know im surpised wwe is sticking to orton they actually trust him..anyways i kno its a boring pick but u gotta say triple h like someone sed this but will he really benifit from it? not really no but its whatever they need to build up a few more people i heard kennedy put on a good match with michaels last night watch out for him but hear me out on this one does anyone really wanna see batista vs triple h at wrestlemania 24? horrible choice

Jeff Hardy needs to be the next WWE Champion. Why you may ask.

Simple, because everyone thinks, he's nothing but a spot monkey, not good on the mic, and someone who doesn't deserve the title.

Well on the first thing, yes Jeff is a high flyer, I give you that. The moves he uses in his matches though aren't all going up to the top rope. He can and does sometimes take a normal move that no one would think would hurt, and add on to it something extra to make it look painful.

The second, ok guys I think it's time you gave up on the "Jeff isn't good on the mic" thing. You can't tell how good some is on the mic is they only get about a minute of mic time every two weeks or so.

The third, who the heck are you to say who would and wouldn't be a good champion? Do you hear the pop Jeff gets every night? Are you jealous that he can do things you can't? Please ask yourself these questions before you decide if Jeff is good enough or not.

LMAO. Yes, we're all very jealous the the WWE superstar Jeff Hardy...
That really made me laugh. Of course he can do things we can't - that's his job! When decided who should b champion, we don't think about who can do things we can't!

Yes we all hear the 'pop'. But that doesn't automatically mean he's good enough to be a champion. He hasn't fully established himself yet. It's not about him being not good enough. He just doesn't have the character or the gimmick right now to be champion. It just doesn't scream 'The WWE champion'. And I know recently this hasn't been made clear, but looking at the WWE champion gives you a great idea of who's the best in the business. If I look to Jeff Hardy as being the best, if he was champion as he is now, I wouldn't be very impressed.

The only problem with Jeff changing his gimmick to become champion is that it may not suit him. For years we've seen the high-flying Jeff Hardy, and it'd be hard for him to get into a new gimmick, and for the fans to go for it.

So, once again, it's not because Jeff Hardy isn't good enough, he is a good wrestler, but he doesn't suit the champion role, and he hasn't been back to the WWE all that long.

I personally feel that Jeff Hardy would make a great champion. His fan base is one of the best in the WWE, he is constantly selling merchendise, and he recieves huge pops, night after night.

A lot of people put him down for his mic skills. However, have we really seen Jeff on the mic all that much? No. However, looking at a few videos on YouTube, I can honestly say that Hardy isn't that bad on the mic, and the more he does it, the more comfortable he will be with it. One instance that comes to mind of good mic work from Hardy is when he came through the crowd to call out Mr. Kennedy before the Cyber Sunday PPV. The crowd loved it, and I enjoyed watching it.

People also put down Hardy's in ring moves, calling him a spot monkey. Sure, Hardy can fly high. That is why we love him. But Hardy is also capable of using more mat-based moves. He has two versions of the Twist of Fate (Now if only they let him hit it more often), that falling front suplex he has done a few times, a few different DDT's, sublex's, etc. I'm sure he is also capable of many more moves as well that he hasn't shown off.

As for Hardy's image, I don't find anything wrong with him. He is the king of extreme, the "rainbow-haired warrior." His image is that he is a little off, that he is unique, and that he isn't your stereotypical wrestler. He also can play up the underdog card quite well. Why change his style when that is what makes us all love Hardy?

It is obvious that the WWE is starting to develop him a bit more when it comes to his "competitive edge." JR has made so many references to how focused Hardy has been. In his match with Triple H, Jeff looked very intense, and very into the match. After Triple H told Hardy to fight him, Jeff even went as far as to scream something at HHH/the crowd (I can't remember exactly what it was). After his match tonight with Orton, Jeff stared down Orton while standing over him after pinning him. I think the only thing the WWE needs to do to Hardy's character to make him more champion-esque is to make him more intense and a bit more vocal...They seem to be doing this. Also, I think they should play up the role that he is a wrestler who isn't afraid of anything or anyone, like he stated during his interview before his match with HHH.

All in all, I think it is time to see Jeff Hardy as WWE champion. Give him a short title run at the least, see how the crowd reacts to it. Perhaps a title run similar to the one Rey Mysterio had. And even if it is just a short run, at least it'll test the water. It'll be a breath of fresh air in the WWE title run. Also, you'll also have the option of Hardy as champion in the future if all does go well. What's the worst that can happen? Hardy as champion falls through? Take the belt off him. Best that can happen? You have a new, legit player in the Champion race to spice things up...Who knows, perhaps Jeff Hardy will bring that excitement back to WWE that it so desperately has been searching for.

I was one of the only people who voted for Mr. Kennedy, Well I'd like to see the loud mouth superstar be WWE champion. Mr. Kennedy is the real saviour I enjoy watching him all the time and frankly he might be one of the best RAW has to offer and he should be chasing the WWE title right now not Jeff Hardy, I can't think of one good reason why WWE is pushing Jeff besides the fact he is a fan favourite.

Mr. Kennedy is the total package he has good in ring ability, he has the best mic skills in WWE today and he's popularity isn't bad. So I'm rooting for Kennedy as the next WWE Champion, and if Orton is still the WWE Champion by the time Kennedy gets his shot at the title then there is not doubt in my mind that they will put on a clinic

i just hope whoever is the next champion wins the title soon, randy orton as champion bores me. I have a feeling it will be triple h. When he lost at armegeddon i was suprised i thought he would win the title and start a feud with orton all the way to wrestlemania, with triple h winning the title at the rumble and holding it until wrestlemania. But it looks as if triple will win the rumble match and headlining wrestlemania, so im saying triple h will be next champ, which in my opinion is better than orton

if cena becomes champ when he comes back thats bs cause hardy kennedy and other didnt even get the title yet and he had a bigger push when he was a no one... i dont wanna see anyone else get the belt except triple h ... its been a long time since the one night stand with the belt i say triple h or hardy would be nice ... jericho is too early i wouldnt mind him ... if orton was a baby face it would be cool but i dunno just my thoughts

In my opinion Chris Jericho should be the next WWE Champ after Orton's reign but knowing the WWE I think it will be Triple H or John Cena (depending on who's champ when he gets back) But as I just said I would really like to see a Y2J title reign.

I think that orton does have to potential to be a good champ, he is entertaining and can be funny too. wwe just need to give orton a better storyline, he seems a bit limited with what he can do at the moment, maybe even a babyface storyline?

I can see HHH being champ again for the same reasons as everyone else, but i don't really want that to happen i personally dont think it would be very exciting.

Jeff hardy is a good wrestler and can pull off some good matches but i don't really see him representing the company. I agree with everyone that is saying he doesn't really suit "champion" gimmics i can't see it happening any time soon.

I hope that john cena doesnt come back and in a matter of months get a shot at gold, i don't like cena or his matches for some reason he just bugs me. Depending on who is champ when he returns, but he will most likely have an 'injury revenge' storyline goin on with orton.

i think it would be interesting if there was a triple treat between flair, HHH and orton at wrestlemania.... chances are very highly likely that it won't happen but i think it would be a good match.

it would play the story that you have to beat the man to be the man that they began on the 31st between Flair and HHH. so HHH could still win the championship and become 'the man' FLAIR would still retire at wrestlemania and orton would still end his regin in hopefully a good, clean match.

a main reason i think it would be interesting is because many people see flair in trips but many people see trips in orton. it would in some way show the future generations of the business, continuing after Flair. HeHe just my thoughts :D

i belive that the next champ will obviously be cena because him and orton had a great feud and it was saddly cut short . I see it going how the cena & edge feud did in the summer of 06 so im ready for cena to return....
BTW i neither like nor hate john cena

I Think It Should Be Kennedy All The Way Because They Alright Gave Egde His Money In The Bank. Kennedy Is Ready For A Title And I Think That If Kennedy Has A Push With The Title He Could Be One Of The Best Damn Heel Champion . His Riegn Can Go From Months

I'd say Cena. They were tied up before Cena got injured and I'm sure when Cena gets back he'll win the title. I just think Orton will hold the title until Cena's return. Orton hasn't been that big a pain in the ass for a while, and I think he has a good relationship with HHH, so it's not like HHH would try and sway the decision for Orton to drop the title.

Cena does not need another reign, most people have gotten sick of him. I remember at No Mercy in Chicago most people were glad he was gone.

I think we should give Hardy a shot at championship. Those that are saying he's not ready and he has to develop, he's been in the E for almost 10 years now. He is much better off now than he will. He is basically at the top of his game.

No one on that list is ready yet except for HHH, and he would be fine too, but i say give hardy a chance.

Shawn Michaels - Even though I feel he should have another run, apparently he doesn't want it, so its unlikely it'll be him.

Triple H - Very good chance, but man am I bored with Triple H as the champ. I hope not.

Chris Jericho - From all the rumors we keep hearing, it seems like HHH is trying to make sure Jericho doesn't go too far, so I doubt he'll be the next champ.

Jeff Hardy - You know, even though its obvious that he won't win at the Royal Rumble, I'd like to see Jeff as the new champ a little after Wrestlemania. He still needs a little bit of work on the mic, but he's been red hot lately, and it isn't like Orton is so incredibly charismatic that we'd be missing it lol.

Umaga - Doubt it. Heel vs heel?

Mr. Kennedy - Again, heel vs heel.

Bobby Lashley - Oh please no. This guy could do wonders with the Intercontinental title, yeah, but I don't want him anywhere near the WWE title for a while.

John Cena - Hopefully not. It took forever to get him off the championship.

Overall, the most likely one is Triple H - or Batista if they're really switching him over to Raw via the rumble/mania...but I'd like something new.

As much as I would like to see Mr. Kennedy get the push as the WWE Champ, I too believe it will be HHH unless they let Flair win it at Wrestlemania and then vacate it for atournament. Kennedy will get the title sometime this year, whether it be the WWE or World Heavyweight. I just think it is HHH, especially going into or at Wrestlemania. There is nobody else that is a sure Champ whether it be heel or face right now. HBK doesnt want it, Lashley isnt ready and is coming off the injury, like Kennedy Jeff Hardy will get his shot this year too, just not early in 2008. So my vote goes to HHH.

Cena does not need another reign, most people have gotten sick of him. I remember at No Mercy in Chicago most people were glad he was gone.
Cena doesn't need it, but he'll probably get it. Many championship reigns really aren't needed. I mean did any of the last title reigns Flair had really mean that much more. Sure it was nice to get under his name, but ultimately they weren't needed.

Cena doesn't need it, but he'll probably get it. Many championship reigns really aren't needed. I mean did any of the last title reigns Flair had really mean that much more. Sure it was nice to get under his name, but ultimately they weren't needed.

Thats true, but the majority of Cena fans are the little mindless kids and the women who think he is hot. If the WWE would be smart, they would put the belt on someone who we haven't seen it on in the past two years. Hardy would be great, even if it was for a few months. Kennedy would be great too, but I think for right now he is more fiting as the intercontinental champion.

Yeah I think they rushed Kennedy a little when he looked like he would get a championship reign before his injury. I think it's nice that they are taking it a little slower with him now. Competing around the IC championship would be a nice little learning experience for him.

Jeff Hardy, I've never been overly high on the guy. I'm not a huge fan of putting spot monkeys at the top of the company. Sure he's exciting as hell and will probably sell merchandise for Vince (which would be the reasons he's even being considered), but I just don't think he's the reliable champ you need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back