• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

New Impact Opening

Lancer

Most Surreptitious Poster
I didn't catch the show Monday, but I sauntered over to the TNA site and read the results, and stuff. On the main page they highlighted the new Impact intro.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Dv4Fv0bjaFg&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Dv4Fv0bjaFg&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

This kicks serious ass. Way better than Nickelback opening Raw. Hogan three times in 30 seconds is a bit overkill, but otherwise the bigger names on the roster are also shown. The Flair "Whoo!" and the Daffney scream are nice touches also.

This shows me that TNA is definitely serious about improving. First-class production quality and smooth graphics are needed, and this provides both. Anyone know who performs the song? I have searched the 'net pretty extensively and found nothing.

So what are your opinions on the new intro? Love it / hate it? Does it fit well with the new direction TNA is taking?

I agree that this does kick serious ass because they also do a good job of advertising all of their talent. They want you to know right off the bat what they bring to the table is different then their competitors. Plus this theme is a perfect fit as they mention the future and I think that is what they are building towards.

I like the song and I have always liked the idea of TNA using bands that are pretty unknown and dont get much radioplay as WWE has completley soured me on "Burn It To The Ground"> I love Nickelback but when it comes ont he radio I change it now.

Other than that it's an intro video. Cool the first time but it's just there. If TNA continues to use indie bands it will only help them in the long run with entrance themes as well as video exclusives.

I really enjoy the opening video and the song. I agree with the part where Flair did his "woooooooo" and Daffney screamed. That stood out very well. The song even talks about the Future in the first few seconds, which fits the video perfectly while showing a few future wrestling stars.

I think its fine, but nothing to get really excited about. It's an intro video, pretty standard. And I don't mean that in a negative way, I just mean that seeing that video for the first time might pump me up a little more than usual for the show start, but I'm never going to think twice about it again.

Just re-watched it gotta say does look pretty good, smooth video, points out a lot of the talent but like someone said a lot of hogan, i think the song fits well and like someone said tna does tend to find good indy bands that fit with them, well done tna.

Wow, I thought it was awful. My elaborate description of it was: Think the sort of theme music that would be used for RAW or Smackdown. Now genericize it. Now genericize that genericization. Now get a professional band to cover that genericization. There be TNA's new theme.

Wow, I thought it was awful. My elaborate description of it was: Think the sort of theme music that would be used for RAW or Smackdown. Now genericize it. Now genericize that genericization. Now get a professional band to cover that genericization. There be TNA's new theme.
That really made my head hurt and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Well all I can say is that at least it's not Papa Roach or other mainstream emo crap. TNA has usually found good stuff for their guys. This song does have lyrics relating to getting possesed by the future. I like the sound of that. Maybe a new slogan? "Get Possesed By The FUTURE!"

No, that would have to be the old Impact theme that was used before this one. I for one thought it was awfully generic. It was okay to say the least, but it sounded minor league to me, and never really got me pumped for the show. I hadn't even seen the show, and still got pumped after hearing the new theme.

quite possibly the best opening video in the past 10 years, maybe more. The song fits the current direction of TNA perfectly. To be honest I really didnt even notice that Hogan was in the video 3 times, not that its a big deal.

Flair woo'ing, Daffney's scream, and the crazy look in Foley's eye around :23 really got my attention. Its just all around one of the best opening videos ever. Neither Raw/SD/NXT's opening videos even come close to that.

I really liked it too. I could care less about the song or who plays it but it had a heavy fast riff that goes will with Impact. I also loved how the video was updated from the video they have been using for years. They pretty much crammed the entire roster on the video that mattered. I was also excited that Bubba, Nastys, and Orlando Jordan weren't on the video. I think Hogan was in the video less than the other, but I'm just glad TNA got a update. It looks more high budget in my opinion. Of course people who compare TNA's production values to Raw are missing the picture. With their spot and their money TNA has done a good job of making their product look more professional.
Despite what people think of the action in the ring.

I'm not a fan of it. I wasn't a fan of the "Cross the Line" song either. My favorite one was the one they used when they were on Fox Sports Net, if people remember that one.

I hate, hate, hate Nickelback, but "Burn It To The Ground" works and it's probably one of 2 or 3 Nickelback songs I like. It's way better than Papa Roach. My favorite RAW theme was the Union Underground song.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back